1. Post #2441
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    22,659 Posts
    so my girlfriend has a bunch of disposable cameras she forgot about, with expiration dates going as far back as 2004

how fucked are those shots? and if they're not fucked, what would be the best place to get them developed?

2. Post #2442
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    6,404 Posts
    u can always try out 1 to see if the results are acceptable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #2443
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    22,659 Posts
    the other problem i have it's exorbitantly expensive

getting all 12 developed with prints would be $200+

(there might be pictures of her dad on at least one of them so at the very least i'd want to get the really old ones done first)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #2444
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,549 Posts
    find a place that will develop and scan them all, doesn't walgreens do it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Internet Explorer 5 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #2445
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    4,295 Posts
    i saw a old sigma 100-300 so i picked it up for someone who wanted a zoom but it only takes pictures wide open any other aperture it gives err01, seems like a weird problem

it wouldnt bother me i guess i will see it they want me to take it back or not

6. Post #2446
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    12,461 Posts
    More of a photoshop fix, but how do I copy and layer over the white space after I stitched this huge ass pano? I copy pasted the left and right side, but I can't seem to erase the edges?

My attempt:

Result I wanted to fix:

7. Post #2447
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,298 Posts
    More of a photoshop fix, but how do I copy and layer over the white space after I stitched this huge ass pano? I copy pasted the left and right side, but I can't seem to erase the edges?
    content-aware fill did a pretty good job on this

It's generally pretty reliable at continuing gradients in skies like that, sometimes just requiring some subtle manual cloning afterwards

8. Post #2448
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    12,461 Posts
    content-aware fill did a pretty good job on this

It's generally pretty reliable at continuing gradients in skies like that, sometimes just requiring some subtle manual cloning afterwards
    Wait, I did that before, when I save it after I scaled it, it jumps back to the shitty area I marked out?

Okay, it worked, but with my clone tool, I got really patchy skies

9. Post #2449
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,298 Posts

Edited:

yes my second monitor is 15" 1024x768 isn't it stunning

10. Post #2450
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    12,461 Posts
    Well shit you did a quicker job than I did. Content aware fill, then I use spot healing and healing brush to touch up on patchy parts.

IMG_8012-Pano-2 by Ngoh shian Bang, on Flickr

Any reason photoshop compressed it from a 53mb file into a 3mb jpeg? Or that is usual?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #2451
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,549 Posts
    Well shit you did a quicker job than I did. Content aware fill, then I use spot healing and healing brush to touch up on patchy parts.

IMG_8012-Pano-2 by Ngoh shian Bang, on Flickr

Any reason photoshop compressed it from a 53mb file into a 3mb jpeg? Or that is usual?
    you can only squeeze so much detail into a 2500px wide jpeg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Internet Explorer 5 Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #2452
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    12,461 Posts
    you can only squeeze so much detail into a 2500px wide jpeg
    Are there any guides to export/resolution/ppi that makes it easy to understand?

Like how do I keep a 187mp photo to be the best resolution for prints or web etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)