1. Post #2441
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    22,751 Posts
    so my girlfriend has a bunch of disposable cameras she forgot about, with expiration dates going as far back as 2004

how fucked are those shots? and if they're not fucked, what would be the best place to get them developed?

2. Post #2442
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    6,422 Posts
    u can always try out 1 to see if the results are acceptable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #2443
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    22,751 Posts
    the other problem i have it's exorbitantly expensive

getting all 12 developed with prints would be $200+

(there might be pictures of her dad on at least one of them so at the very least i'd want to get the really old ones done first)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

4. Post #2444
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,614 Posts
    find a place that will develop and scan them all, doesn't walgreens do it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Internet Explorer 5 Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #2445
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    4,407 Posts
    i saw a old sigma 100-300 so i picked it up for someone who wanted a zoom but it only takes pictures wide open any other aperture it gives err01, seems like a weird problem

it wouldnt bother me i guess i will see it they want me to take it back or not

6. Post #2446
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    12,767 Posts
    More of a photoshop fix, but how do I copy and layer over the white space after I stitched this huge ass pano? I copy pasted the left and right side, but I can't seem to erase the edges?

My attempt:

Result I wanted to fix:

7. Post #2447
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,310 Posts
    More of a photoshop fix, but how do I copy and layer over the white space after I stitched this huge ass pano? I copy pasted the left and right side, but I can't seem to erase the edges?
    content-aware fill did a pretty good job on this

It's generally pretty reliable at continuing gradients in skies like that, sometimes just requiring some subtle manual cloning afterwards

8. Post #2448
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    12,767 Posts
    content-aware fill did a pretty good job on this

It's generally pretty reliable at continuing gradients in skies like that, sometimes just requiring some subtle manual cloning afterwards
    Wait, I did that before, when I save it after I scaled it, it jumps back to the shitty area I marked out?

Okay, it worked, but with my clone tool, I got really patchy skies

9. Post #2449
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,310 Posts

Edited:

yes my second monitor is 15" 1024x768 isn't it stunning
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

10. Post #2450
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    12,767 Posts
    Well shit you did a quicker job than I did. Content aware fill, then I use spot healing and healing brush to touch up on patchy parts.

IMG_8012-Pano-2 by Ngoh shian Bang, on Flickr

Any reason photoshop compressed it from a 53mb file into a 3mb jpeg? Or that is usual?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #2451
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,614 Posts
    Well shit you did a quicker job than I did. Content aware fill, then I use spot healing and healing brush to touch up on patchy parts.

IMG_8012-Pano-2 by Ngoh shian Bang, on Flickr

Any reason photoshop compressed it from a 53mb file into a 3mb jpeg? Or that is usual?
    you can only squeeze so much detail into a 2500px wide jpeg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Internet Explorer 5 Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #2452
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    12,767 Posts
    you can only squeeze so much detail into a 2500px wide jpeg
    Are there any guides to export/resolution/ppi that makes it easy to understand?

Like how do I keep a 187mp photo to be the best resolution for prints or web etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #2453
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,310 Posts
    snip

14. Post #2454
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    6,422 Posts
    Like how do I keep a 187mp photo to be the best resolution for prints or web etc.
    save as a file type that doesn't compress such as .psd or .tiff

dpi/ppi only matters when you're going to do print/web stuff. 300 for prints at 100% and 72 for web

15. Post #2455

(Used to ban users for shit posts)

July 2009
    14,111 Posts
    Had a wedding from 8am to 10pm yesterday, the good news is I'm either going to partner up with this woman I met who is a videographer, or just jump into it myself since I have all the gear anyway and make it an extra part of my package. I can't charge as much as a fully independent videographer, because I can't be doing photo and video fully dedicated at the same time. I'll likely make a $500 add-on for a short 10-15min video with music they give me that's all slider shots or real quick handheld ones. If I take 2 minutes of preparation, 2 minutes of bride and groom, 2 minutes of ceremony, 2 minutes of the general reception (speeches, people dancing, etc) and 2 minutes of the family dances and cake cutting. I could cap it with them leaving, thanking everyone for coming, and maybe doing a quick flash of my business at the very end.

Thoughts? Ideas?

16. Post #2456
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    4,028 Posts
    Seems like you've thought it through and can make it viable. Go for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #2457
    Captain Armed Dildo, Master of Ratings
    February 2011
    5,526 Posts
    I'm thinking that the best way to satisfy my current bout of Gear Acquisition Syndrome is to find a better camera bag. Right now I'm using the one that came with my K1000 but it is unpadded and does not have much room for lenses/flash or another body. Do you guys have any recommendations for bags under 100 USD that I can put a body or two and at least another lens in? Looking for something I can wear with a backpack.

18. Post #2458
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,614 Posts
    I'm thinking that the best way to satisfy my current bout of Gear Acquisition Syndrome is to find a better camera bag. Right now I'm using the one that came with my K1000 but it is unpadded and does not have much room for lenses/flash or another body. Do you guys have any recommendations for bags under 100 USD that I can put a body or two and at least another lens in? Looking for something I can wear with a backpack.
    i have a lowepro fastpack 250 aw and manage to get two bodies, 4 flashes and a 24-70 in it. 70-200 at a push
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Internet Explorer 5 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #2459
    Glod Member
    July 2010
    4,589 Posts
    I use smaller Pelican cases so I can turn any bag into a crush-proof waterproof modular storage system.

For day trips, I can fit all the camera stuff I'd need into a single Pelican 1150 with an even smaller 1020 velcro'd to the side for memory cards, a flash, lens wipes, etc. I toss the whole bundle in a tote bag.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Show Events Useful Useful x 2Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #2460
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    6,422 Posts
    I use smaller Pelican cases so I can turn any bag into a crush-proof waterproof modular storage system.

genius
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #2461
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    6,422 Posts
    ok a quick heads up to anyone considering investing in a flash system.

do

not

buy

nissin

long story short: got the Di700A flash + Air 1 commander 6 weeks ago, flash died within 3 days, returned that and got a new set (took 1 week), and now with this new set the Air 1 commander is starting to short circuit or some shit when put on my sony so i'll be returning this tomorrow.

maybe it's a sign that I shouldn't get involved in flash photography???

22. Post #2462
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    12,767 Posts
    Nah, go for godox, its affordable but great, I've been using the godox flashes since forever.

The AD200 might be the best investment, 200w power in the size of a speedlite, and powerful enough for good portraits

23. Post #2463
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    12,767 Posts
    Anyone have a rough idea how something like this was done? As you probably know, I'm trying something similar, but I like to know how I could achieve something similar.

Before:

After:
    Rainy Night In Tokyo by Masashi Wakui, on Flickr

Source:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/photography...os_streets_by/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #2464
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,614 Posts
    split toning and lots of fucking around with the hsl sliders

25. Post #2465
    shatteredwindow's Boy Toy
    April 2010
    6,056 Posts
    Guys

had this issue in my head for a wee while

a few months back I was shooting a short film in a church, I was using my 6d and a C100. The C100 was using a Sigma 18-35mm Art.

I decided to see what the lens was like fitted on my 6d, so I put it on there and started clicking away, for those that don't know the lens can fit a FF but its not built for it (like putting a EF-S on a 6D)

I snapped a picture and I heard what I think was the mirror hitting the back of the lens, I quickly took the lens of and put my 50mm on, I snapped away but and all was fine.

I think im having some camera anxiety atm but im not sure whether my mirror/sensor is damaged because of it or not, the camera seems to be working perfectly fine, I noticed the shutter sound on the 6d has "changed" but im not sure whether that is my head or if the 6d does have a "crunchy" click

I got some images if anyone wants to put my mind to rest

Choices | Filming | Netley by Charlie Richards, on Flickr

The Sigma lens on my body ^

Mount Batur| Bali | Indonesia by charlie richards, on Flickr

taken a couple of weeks ago, notice vignetting (possibly due to my 24-85mm USM)

Berlin by charlie richards, on Flickr

taken BEFORE the mirror incident, no vignetting around the sides (35mm)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #2466
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,614 Posts
    go back and cehck if that 2nd photo has lens corrections applied - there's v v little distortion at all

27. Post #2467
    April 2010
    6,056 Posts
    go back and cehck if that 2nd photo has lens corrections applied - there's v v little distortion at all
    its cool now, I think we sorted it in the chat with the white paper test

although found my sensors pretty dirty or its my lens, something easy to clean out though im just glad theres no physical damage at all, should count myself lucky

honestly the shear heart attack when I heard my mirror lock up against the back end of that sigma. I didn't want to take photographs for a couple of weeks because of it.

I hate being paranoid over these cameras, their built to last but its still a lot of money

28. Post #2468
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    21,179 Posts
    I am pretty lucky, I am "iheriting" a complete film development laboratory from a friend who moves. Will update in a few days, super excited.

29. Post #2469
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    4,407 Posts
    anyone recommend a joby alternative that isnt cheap shit? the joby stuff seems overpriced once you add a ball head

30. Post #2470

31. Post #2471
    August 2005
    21,179 Posts
    well, developed my first negative today
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #2472
    Starbound Server
    July 2012
    2,295 Posts
    hockey photos a year ago:

hockey photos today:

33. Post #2473
    August 2005
    21,179 Posts
    Wrong thread my dude

34. Post #2474
    April 2010
    6,056 Posts
    i've finally cracked it and now im shooting film. Got myself a Canon AV-1 with a couple of lenses, bag and the like for 15. oddly all in perfect working order and for such a low price but I have had a shit ton of fun with it, took it with me to Bali for my first roll of film and took a number of photos, posting them in the creative thread soon when I got time.

anyways, I've been shooting with Colour+ and Ectar. Im thinking of treating myself soonish to some colour film, anyone got any recommendations in the UK?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #2475
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    12,767 Posts
    Portra and tri-x are my go to film. I'm bias but I love the colours of Portra and contrast of tri-x. Illford was too flat for my taste.

Also, is it just me that I hate Annie Leibovitz retoucher or retouched shots? Its like they went full photoshop mode.

Her portraits are alright, but I hate how CG her vogue shoots look.

36. Post #2476
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,614 Posts
    Portra and tri-x are my go to film. I'm bias but I love the colours of Portra and contrast of tri-x. Illford was too flat for my taste.

Also, is it just me that I hate Annie Leibovitz retoucher or retouched shots? Its like they went full photoshop mode.

Her portraits are alright, but I hate how CG her vogue shoots look.
    it's her style and what she does well, while i'm not a massive fan i don't really have anything against it

37. Post #2477
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    6,422 Posts
    Im thinking of treating myself soonish to some colour film, anyone got any recommendations in the UK?
    Portra 400, overexpose by 1 stop.

38. Post #2478
    ===
    This was a waste of $1
    December 2011
    1,371 Posts
    FYI for film shooters in the US: B&H has Provia on sale in 135 for $29/5 pack, normally it's closer to $50.
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...me_Provia.html

39. Post #2479
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    5,723 Posts
    So I'm looking to get started in some photography but I don't really know where to start. I have tiny bit of knowledge of cameras but not a huge amount. I'd be doing indoor shots pretty much exclusively, since I play a lot of gigs with my band it would be good to fill the night with something else that's productive, but I might do the odd portrait as well.

I know that I'd want something like a bridge camera, more to it than a standard point and shoot but I don't think I'd have a need for a DSLR or anything like that, since I won't be changing lenses as the majority of the shots I would take would all be around the same distance. Would you guys be able to recommend any bridge cameras? I'm not bothered about used or new or anything either, I'm open to buying shit from ebay and the like.

40. Post #2480
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,614 Posts
    you don't want a bridge camera. you'd be better placed picking up a used dslr from a few years back and a half decent prime
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Internet Explorer 5 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)