1. Post #4121
    "Sounds like something Stiffy would say."
    May 2011
    5,389 Posts
    here's some footage of my game's combat system!

my goal was to make something similar to Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga's combat system. i think what i've made is pretty close!

EDIT: fuckin eh how do i tag streamable vids?
    link: https://streamable.com/9zbgp
    Only complaints I have is readability of some animations. (which would make parrying a bit hard) Try giving some windup just before attacking.
    Also the arrow combinations feel odd as they are. (perhaps move it to the middle of the screen or something?)

Other than that I absolutely love it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

2. Post #4122
    November 2008
    929 Posts
    Only complaints I have is readability of some animations. (which would make parrying a bit hard) Try giving some windup just before attacking.
    Also the arrow combinations feel odd as they are. (perhaps move it to the middle of the screen or something?)

Other than that I absolutely love it.
    Noted!

I'll try and improve my animations, but here's some extra info:

Parrying doesn't really depend on the animation: once your parry is ready, you'll hear a "DING".

As for the arrows, I really wanted to keep them close to the characters, so that the player can see attacks, the animations and the reactions without having to look at different regions of the screen. But I'll see what I can do!

3. Post #4123
    June 2010
    579 Posts
    Update on my game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4124
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,579 Posts
    Currently about to do a livestream of my card game to reveal its gameplay.

If you're interested, you can check it out over here at 8:00 PM EST(in 5 minutes)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

5. Post #4125
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,287 Posts
    where
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #4126
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,579 Posts
    I'm a smart man :( I guess ill put it up on youtube. I forgot to paste the link.

7. Post #4127
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,765 Posts
    EDIT: fuckin eh how do i tag streamable vids?
    link: https://streamable.com/9zbgp
    Open the player in the HTML inspector and you can copy the video source

8. Post #4128
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    8,815 Posts
    They flinch like hell

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Internet Explorer 11 Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #4129
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,579 Posts
    So I've recently started writing my own dev blog for my game. It's purpose is to help other developers understand the process and logic of taking a project from concept to finish, as well as generate interest for my game.

You can check it out here: https://www.captivusgame.com/blog/dev-blog-01-uhh/