1. Post #2881
    November 2015
    1,809 Posts
    Do you guys have any recommendations for pad controllers? I have Tekken 7 for PC and Tekken has always been a game where I'm way more comfortable with using pad. I can't stand the XBox layout for fighters (I need the d-pad to be on top) and the Dualshock 4 I have is giving me endless problems (it's been randomly disconnecting in the middle of matches.)

Off chance that any of you guys know a PC pad that feels similar to a PS4 controller?
    get a dualshock 3 controller (one with the mini usb wire) and use scp tool service, It's how I play my fighters

2. Post #2882
    #lmao #owned
    January 2009
    5,263 Posts
    ds3 dpad gives me thumb blisters when i use it for fighters
    i'd go ds4 or maybe one of those hori pads if they're any good

3. Post #2883
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    13,526 Posts
    Do you guys have any recommendations for pad controllers? I have Tekken 7 for PC and Tekken has always been a game where I'm way more comfortable with using pad. I can't stand the XBox layout for fighters (I need the d-pad to be on top) and the Dualshock 4 I have is giving me endless problems (it's been randomly disconnecting in the middle of matches.)

Off chance that any of you guys know a PC pad that feels similar to a PS4 controller?
    Just use the ps4 one with a cable attached to avoid the disconnecting?

4. Post #2884
    Ask me to be a movie trailer voice.
    November 2009
    1,537 Posts
    Just use the ps4 one with a cable attached to avoid the disconnecting?
    It's disconnecting even with the cable on

I was thinking something that has native compatibility so that I don't have to jump through hoops to get Windows to recognize it. Is there such a controller like that with a Dualshock-like layout?

5. Post #2885
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    13,526 Posts
    It's disconnecting even with the cable on

I was thinking something that has native compatibility so that I don't have to jump through hoops to get Windows to recognize it. Is there such a controller like that with a Dualshock-like layout?
    Steam has native compatibility with the ps4 controller? Like, just enable it in the controller options in steam

6. Post #2886
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    768 Posts

You won't be getting any DS4 controllers anytime soon, but DS3 I can help with.

This is what I use, but it is lightly larger than a normal Dualshock 3.

This one is DS3 sized.

7. Post #2887
    Ask me to be a movie trailer voice.
    November 2009
    1,537 Posts
    Steam has native compatibility with the ps4 controller? Like, just enable it in the controller options in steam
    Okay THAT I didn't know, thanks

I guess it's solved then... This one must be wearing down with use or it got faulty or something. I'll just get another DS4.

8. Post #2888
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    9,096 Posts
    I'd say it's also worth getting a bluetooth dongle if you haven't already. The cable for the ds4's I have always disconnect unless the controller is motionless.

9. Post #2889
    March 2007
    1,114 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

10. Post #2890
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    27,087 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

11. Post #2891
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    5,521 Posts
    yes, that's what the game needs.

more ibuki costumes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

12. Post #2892
    roar
    January 2008
    10,363 Posts
    How about an iconic character or a overhaul update in honor of the 30th anniversary other than more microtransactions for petty cash.

Jesus, fuck Capcpoms FG division.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #2893
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    Dennab
    July 2010
    13,851 Posts
    Those look boring as hell.

14. Post #2894
    October 2015
    5,555 Posts
    If they're going to make these character skins and celebrate the 30th anniversary the least they could do is probably make them free for all SFV players, but then again that won't make them that $$$

15. Post #2895
    If they're going to make these character skins and celebrate the 30th anniversary the least they could do is probably make them free for all SFV players, but then again that won't make them that $$$
    i can't think of a better way to celebrate the anniversary of street fighter than to ruthlessly nickel and dime their playerbase

16. Post #2896
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    27,087 Posts
    I find it fucking absurd that the 30th anniversary skins aren't even remotely designed around callback to the earlier days of the series.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #2897
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

18. Post #2898
    Gold Member
    October 2012
    2,531 Posts

10/10 plays by ISDD

https://clips.twitch.tv/BeautifulViscousCourgetteM4xHeh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 9Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #2899
    August 2014
    4,730 Posts
    Those are some garbage tier emotes

20. Post #2900
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    5,521 Posts
    lemme do this unsafe EX move twice that'll do 'im in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #2901
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    28,952 Posts
    Can't wait to see him comb his hat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

22. Post #2902
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    9,096 Posts
    Anyone know how to do the weird little backflip that Leo does in this video at 16:47? It's not in the movelist and every guide video I check doesn't cover it.

https://youtu.be/jh1JYrK9vDE?t=1003

23. Post #2903
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    713 Posts
    I fought ISDD's Ed twice a couple of days ago, got bodied pretty bad (and teabagged). Those psycho knuckles were bad decisions for sure, but he does know how to play.

24. Post #2904
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

25. Post #2905
    April 2013
    9,446 Posts

26. Post #2906
    #lmao #owned
    January 2009
    5,263 Posts
    That's cool but where the fuck is 17?
    looks like he could be a striker for 18 according to the scans
    if true that's a shame, i would of even taken him as a clone character of 18 with some minor differences

27. Post #2907
    November 2015
    1,809 Posts
    And V-Jump also reveals online party matches, which are three-versus-three online matches with different players controlling each character. Of course, characters will switch in real time.
    holy shit the mad men they're actually doing it

28. Post #2908
    August 2014
    4,730 Posts
    I thought SfxT did it too which was interesting

29. Post #2909
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    Dennab
    July 2010
    13,851 Posts
    Anyone know how to do the weird little backflip that Leo does in this video at 16:47? It's not in the movelist and every guide video I check doesn't cover it.

https://youtu.be/jh1JYrK9vDE?t=1003
    It's not in the movelist because it's universal for many characters:

u~u/b
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

30. Post #2910
    October 2012
    110 Posts
    I thought SfxT did it too which was interesting
    I thought SFxT was kinda cool for the coop tournaments since doubles isn't really a possible mode outside of smash

can't wait to see 3v3 tournaments, shit's gonna be cool as fuck

31. Post #2911
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    6,951 Posts
    looks like he could be a striker for 18 according to the scans
    if true that's a shame, i would of even taken him as a clone character of 18 with some minor differences
    I have a feeling that might be the case, the clone thing I mean. Android 17 and 18 had that same "Accel Strike" attack in previous games where the other would come in to assist depending on who you were playing as. Seeing as Android 17 is a popular character again thanks to his inclusion in Dragon Ball Super's recent arc, I think it'd be foolish NOT to have him playable in some way.

32. Post #2912
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    28,952 Posts

Eh.

33. Post #2913
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    20,991 Posts
    Still doesn't change the fact that the game is just a cash in.

34. Post #2914
    August 2014
    4,730 Posts
    Jedah's voice pales in comparison to this personally speaking.

It's mostly because i can't take this one seriously with that plastic face

35. Post #2915
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    13,526 Posts
    More like chedah.

36. Post #2916
    November 2015
    1,809 Posts
    god that looks so lame

part of the fun of marvel vs capcom is that they just accept how dumb the concept is, and roll with it. the story mode could have been a lot more batshit crazy but marvel's gotta make them pander to the mcu, which really hurts the game in the long run.
    the game looks really, really fun mechanically, but goddamn if everything else looks so amateur

37. Post #2917
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    20,991 Posts
    Also, what's the point of every character returning when a lot of the draw for the series is seeing characters who normally don't fight in a fighting game

38. Post #2918
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,295 Posts
    6 new characters for the base roster.
    Woo...

39. Post #2919
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    5,521 Posts

oh look chun doesn't look atrocious anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

40. Post #2920
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,383 Posts
    Eh, whatever. Just looks kind of average. The biggest gripe I've got is they didn't lean into Mega Man 8 enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)