1. Post #2641
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,020 Posts
    Man, people just wanna see their husbando Sagat don't they? I thought Abigail looked fun in terms of both gameplay and personality but not ugly enough to warrant that kind of hate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Vivaldi Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2642
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,079 Posts
    Here's the shitty thing about Abigail, coming from a person who mains almost exclusively big guys, including Hugo- he doesn't move like a big guy.
    Putting the fact his animations look shite aside for a moment, they don't look like moves such a big guy should use.
    And as for his design, remember, this is what they teased him as before:

What a disaster.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #2643
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    20,523 Posts
    God he's both ugly in model and animation wise. It's like, here, have all these cool announcements, and then Capcom shows up, farts, then leaves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #2644
    roar
    January 2008
    10,359 Posts
    SFV is starting to look like Battleborne.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #2645
    DO YOU SLAP THE IMOUTO?YES/NO
    August 2010
    5,362 Posts
    He turned red and blew steam in Final Fight.
    Yeah, but part of the problem is that they seem to serve a similar function hurr hurr

The trailer didn't show the V-trigger really affecting anything but maybe combo potential and damage, feels kinda wasteful.

Then again, the V-system feels like a waste in general, they need to give everyone second V-skills/triggers for Season 3.

6. Post #2646
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Romania Show Events Funny Funny x 14Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #2647
    October 2012
    2,490 Posts

This character is a mistake
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

8. Post #2648
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,020 Posts
    Wait WTF is his hair the shape of a Maple Leaf? Canadians are weird.

I like this guy, he's different and absurd to the max. People keep hating on him because he isn't what people expected.
    And his animations look shite? What. I'm actually quite fond of his throws. Well, only time will tell if he's actually any good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Vivaldi Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #2649
    February 2009
    14,563 Posts
    Wait WTF is his hair the shape of a Maple Leaf? Canadians are weird.

I like this guy, he's different and absurd to the max. People keep hating on him because he isn't what people expected.
    And his animations look shite? What. I'm actually quite fond of his throws. Well, only time will tell if he's actually any good.
    people hate him because no one wants him and every other company blew capcom out of the water for evo announcements, everyone is waiting for their main from sf4 or earlier
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #2650
    November 2015
    1,756 Posts
    evo was super fucking hype this year, tekken especially
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #2651
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    5,440 Posts
    The only reason why I mentioned Sagat is because he's one of the characters in the series that plays consistently different to the rest of the cast and forces people to play different with his poke-centric kit, and it would be cool to see him in such a rushdown heavy game where offence is king. Fuck, even Hugo himself would have worked, with his very long pokes and anti-air throw, he would have switched things up.

Instead what we get is...A rushdown heavy character. Only this time, he opens people up by having multiple armoured moves that convert into combos, who on top of everything, also looks bad and moves worse. Seriously, Hugo doesn't look as cartoonish as this guy, he looks like Potemkin but moves like he's a much smaller character.

12. Post #2652
    currently watching the tekken 7 evo top 8, about an hour through

i have never played tekken other than like, very early on as a kid on the PS1 and such, and haven't watched tekken 7 until now, but this is the most fun i have ever had watching a fighting game and i will likely be picking it up

i've been a street fighter player/follower but holy shit that game looks fuckin good - the speed at which the game is played is nuts

13. Post #2653
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    5,440 Posts
    Oh yeah this year's Evo top 8 for Tekken 7 was crazy, truly peak Tekken play by basically all of the contenders. Obviously JDCR, Knee and Saint are clear standouts, but Taisei and Anakin had some really great matches too.

14. Post #2654
    October 2012
    2,490 Posts
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrison...v-on-july-25th
    As the largest character in the game, you’d expect Abigail to be all about the command grabs. He has two, as it happens, but what makes him stand out is his Nitro Charge run. This special move has one hit of armour (two for EX!) and can be cancelled into four follow-ups – a stiff punch, command grab, cumbersome overhead or V-Skill. Suffice to say, Abigail isn’t a one-trick-pony, he’s a horse-power-house.

15. Post #2655
    August 2014
    4,624 Posts
    What the fuck, it reminds me some ps1 videogame graphic with that lightning

16. Post #2656
    I pulled my testicle out of my ballsack in my dreams
    May 2007
    9,439 Posts
    Like, fuckhuge. Bigger than Hugo huge.

Does he say "White Power" at 54 seconds
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

17. Post #2657
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,958 Posts
    tbh abigail might get me back into sfv, i love stupid characters like this so much
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #2658
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,672 Posts
    tbh abigail might get me back into sfv, i love stupid characters like this so much
    stop supporting capcom you fucking shill
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

19. Post #2659
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    18,580 Posts
    are sfv and mvci supposed to be performance art? i just don't understand what capcom is doing.

20. Post #2660
    January 2010
    353 Posts
    Capcom has discovered the "anti-hype equation"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #2661
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    18,580 Posts

pretty big thonkers when even max isn't hyped about capcom games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #2662
    April 2013
    9,374 Posts

pretty big thonkers when even max isn't hyped about capcom games.
    he's been very openly displeased with SF5 lately

23. Post #2663
    Puuurple
    May 2008
    19,565 Posts
    i want to see his reaction to abigail. it'd probably be embarassing on capcom's part

24. Post #2664
    Check this out!
    September 2013
    408 Posts
    Greetings. With the new Xbox One controller and around 60 bucks worth of cash in my Steam Wallet (counting money refunded for Street Fighter 4 that can never save again because Games for Windows Live) I decided to invest in Fighting Games again.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 and Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 is what I spent my money on.

Still playing chicken with Marvel VS Capcom Infinite's Release date so I can get the ultimate Preorder Version in time.

25. Post #2665
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,131 Posts
    He did make a response about it on Twitter on why there isn't a reaction vid:

26. Post #2666
    Check this out!
    September 2013
    408 Posts

These two wieners we shall refer to as "Jim Shorts" and "Mike Rotch" because I remember someone experiencing many online games in a row where his opponents choices are just these two wieners.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #2667
    Puuurple
    May 2008
    19,565 Posts
    I feel the same way, I think his size is actually an interesting concept. But that's about the extent of it.

28. Post #2668
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,131 Posts
    I honestly like how Abi is a huge, fuck-off brick house. The model isn't perfect, but I like the concept.

If he had just been another Hugo, Zangief, or Birdie (Like his concept art) I would have thought he'd be boring and generic looking, IMO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #2669
    November 2015
    1,756 Posts
    whats your favorite fighting game video series? mine has to be mike ross and max take on marvel 2. It was so hype

30. Post #2670
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    13,962 Posts

These two wieners we shall refer to as "Jim Shorts" and "Mike Rotch" because I remember someone experiencing many online games in a row where his opponents choices are just these two wieners.
    I call them "Team Dick Suck" because anyone who uses them sucks dick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #2671
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,131 Posts

I think both his skins are much better than his default and do the character more justice imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #2672
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 11Zing Zing x 1 (list)

33. Post #2673
    November 2015
    1,756 Posts
    They also had shuma gorath in marvel 3. Who the fuck would know who he is? Or taskmaster, as a matter of fact.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

34. Post #2674
    Check this out!
    September 2013
    408 Posts

The beginning of this video before the arcade is how I feel about online matches with little experience and a lot of screw ups.

35. Post #2675
    August 2014
    4,624 Posts
    The average people really wouldn't know about Darkstalkers and not even much about umvc3 too if the goal is to appeal the new audience, that's the worst part.
    I still remember Jedah's appearance in Cross Edge, that game was something with cross overs. (It had Dimitri, Morrigan, Lilith and Felicia too)

I'm still baffled that they didn't bother making a trailer for Jedah\Gamora but instead they picked the worst way possible to do with a live fight against FChump. It would work in a 1v1 scenario but it's 2v2, people only wanted to see the new characters and they got Chun Li victory screen face
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #2676
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    4,593 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

37. Post #2677
    July 2013
    4,801 Posts
    Today I learned that Venom wasn't included in Marvel vs Capcom 3 because Marvel told Capcom that they couldn't use him.

“Venom, unfortunately, was amongst a list of characters that were not available for us to use on Marvel’s side,” Svensson revealed. “I couldn’t tell you the reason for why that is…you’d have to ask Marvel. But Venom was never an option.”
    Oh . . . . what could have been . . . . .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

38. Post #2678
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    28,569 Posts
    Basically MvCI serves as advertising for the MCU, which is bullshit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

39. Post #2679
    October 2015
    5,329 Posts
    I wanna know his reaction to ARIKA's trailer.

40. Post #2680
    Take a gander at that punch parry

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)