1. Post #4921
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    13,547 Posts
    In my experience, 9 times out of 10, if theres a person using the devotion in a game Im in, they're the kind of person that camps a building or a rooftop, or hides in a distant corner of the map.
    Sounds like hemlock users too. My problem with angel city is that there's always people camping the rooftops with hemlocks or devotions. Devotion is broken as fuck when a guy just spraying and firing from hip is more dangerous ranged threat than people with autosnipers or one hit kill snipers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

2. Post #4922
    Resident IFAP Phantas- magor- iologist
    July 2010
    9,058 Posts
    Whoever thought that the Devotion should be a 3 hit kill at all ranges needs to sit in silence and think about what they've done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

3. Post #4923
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,853 Posts
    Whenever I hear that Devotion wind up in the distance, I know it's gonna be a shit game filled with Tones and campers so I grab my amped DMR and oneshot the shit out of them.

When titans start to fall I grab ion and laser core every particle wall I see to smithereens
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events

4. Post #4924
    April 2007
    1,641 Posts
    When I hear devotions winding up, I prepare myself for a good old fashioned witch hunt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

5. Post #4925
    FIGHTING FOR YOUR RIGHT TO SHITPOST IN POLIDICKS
    February 2007
    32,570 Posts
    Devotion users truly baffle me.
    You've got a game where you can move at incredible high speeds, scale walls with easy and boost movement in so many ways... and you're sitting completely still playing a fairground shooting gallery.
    Where's the fun in that?
    I said this the whole time I was playing Black Ops 3, a game with similar albeit similar movement and gameplay to Titanfall 2. You can double jump, wall run, and boost slide and but you are just going to chill in a corner and watch the lane with an LMG?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

6. Post #4926
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    13,547 Posts
    The problem with lane watching is that people do the same shit with tones on angel city. Angel city doesn't really let you sneak up on people and give your titan any cover. Of course you could just coordinate with your team but ahahahahahaha nobody uses mics on PC except people nobody wants to hear speak

Edited:

Taking out camping titans would be so much easier if they didn't make it harder to use your titans as bombs

7. Post #4927
    April 2007
    1,641 Posts
    except people nobody wants to hear speak
    Last night I was put into a match with a guy micspamming religious hate speech. Basically just nothing but gays should be put in camps and christians are the only ones who will be saved etc.

Within the first minute two people on my team quit and then I quit.

Edited:

that's my first match leave btw

Edited:

Now if only it wasn't 50% grunt kills.

8. Post #4928
    April 2007
    1,641 Posts
    What's with all the micspam lately?

9. Post #4929
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,957 Posts
    I'm trying to use the DMR + Pulse Blade as a variation on my usual run n' gun + phase shift playstyle, and I'm pretty sure the DMR just isn't for me. I can't kill or hit things. Part of the problem is that I got a new mouse, which while super nice, doesn't feel quite right as I haven't got used to it yet

Not stopping northstar though, still having too much fun with that. I wish the warpaints were cooler though, or the noseart. I really don't like the noseart for the northstar

10. Post #4930
    Gold Member
    June 2013
    1,890 Posts
    anybody else have no problem at all dealing with tone? the missile barrage is a bit op especially compared to some other cores but playing as ronin, legion, or scorch i usually win in a 1v1 with a tone. his defensive sucks ass so as long as you move forward he's pretty easy to kill unless he pops a core
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari Canada Show Events

11. Post #4931
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,882 Posts
    It entirely depends on the scenario and how the Tone is playing.

Speaking as a Scorch, if you get the drop on them you can take care of them with ease. However, if they have at least half a brain, their first priority is to disengage by dashing away, setup a Particle Wall, make you waste your Thermal Shield (which slows you down when active), and follow up with a shit ton of rockets. Also, if they know actually care enough about the game to know about it, pop smoke to put out any fires and hide themselves as they rocket you.

The times I have successful frontal encounters against Tone are if they're extremely cocky and stay in range of my fiery hugs or if they get pushed back into a corner due to my Incendiary Trap positioning (which usually ends up with me running away from a Nuke Eject).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Firefox United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #4932
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,842 Posts
    anybody else have no problem at all dealing with tone? the missile barrage is a bit op especially compared to some other cores but playing as ronin, legion, or scorch i usually win in a 1v1 with a tone. his defensive sucks ass so as long as you move forward he's pretty easy to kill unless he pops a core
    I only really play as Ion now because of Tones. I just constantly peek, laser, hide and repeat. Using Vortex shield to get any tracking missiles and running away if they start closing in.

Which annoys me with Tones, they can just charge up to you because they know their tracking rockets will fuck you up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #4933
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    13,547 Posts
    I'm trying to use the DMR + Pulse Blade as a variation on my usual run n' gun + phase shift playstyle, and I'm pretty sure the DMR just isn't for me. I can't kill or hit things. Part of the problem is that I got a new mouse, which while super nice, doesn't feel quite right as I haven't got used to it yet

Not stopping northstar though, still having too much fun with that. I wish the warpaints were cooler though, or the noseart. I really don't like the noseart for the northstar
    I had the same problem too when I first got my new mouse.

Does your new mouse have buttons on it to let you change DPI on the fly? Because that shit is a godsend. I lower the sensitivity when I need precision and then raise it when I need to be able to turn and shoot fast.

You might be better off with double take, it's easier to land hits.

Edited:

I started using flatline and northstar with viper thrusters. What a combo that is. Is it me or do the viper thrusters also increase sprint speed? because that fucker is really fast now. Flatline feels too cheesy though since it kills in three hits and is accurate. I don't feel bad about it because at least I'm not tone+devotion scum and it hasn't changed my playstyle of flying around the map

14. Post #4934
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,957 Posts
    I had the same problem too when I first got my new mouse.

Does your new mouse have buttons on it to let you change DPI on the fly? Because that shit is a godsend. I lower the sensitivity when I need precision and then raise it when I need to be able to turn and shoot fast.

You might be better off with double take, it's easier to land hits.

Edited:

I started using flatline and northstar with viper thrusters. What a combo that is. Is it me or do the viper thrusters also increase sprint speed? because that fucker is really fast now. Flatline feels too cheesy though since it kills in three hits and is accurate. I don't feel bad about it because at least I'm not tone+devotion scum and it hasn't changed my playstyle of flying around the map
    Yeah, its one of the fancy Corsair (RGB, of fucking course) mice that has the big red button near my thumb for dropping DPI way down, and the arrow keys for changing DPI up/down. The lights are actually kinda useful because I can look and figure out where abouts I'm at on the range of settings I have, but it's still partially a problem of getting used to that mouse: I often forget about these buttons and just don't use them :/

Wingman Elite is the sidearm I use with that loadout though, and that's tons of fun by itself.

15. Post #4935
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,064 Posts
    I lower the sensitivity when I need precision and then raise it when I need to be able to turn and shoot fast.
    Wouldn't that completely screw with your muscle memory?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #4936
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    22,900 Posts
    Yes.

You should never toggle sensitivity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #4937
    July 2010
    9,058 Posts
    The Flatline is great but sometimes the recoil utterly fucks you over, and it always seems to happen right as you need it most. I just attribute it to the Machine Spirit within the gun being displeased so I anoint it with some sacred oil and say a few prayers before picking it up again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

18. Post #4938
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,981 Posts
    The VPK hack that gives you small reticle is working far more effective than I expected, I actually feels more accurate with most SMG and assault rifle while I'm hipfiring which is helpful because I never hit anything with ADS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Hong Kong Show Events

19. Post #4939
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    April 2009
    8,778 Posts
    You shouldn't be trying to ADS anyway because it stops you from going fast
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

20. Post #4940
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,818 Posts
    Had a few good games, but BOY everyone was playing like assholes in their titans tonight. All tones and legions grouped together on the far sides of the maps camping

21. Post #4941
    Some kind of Coding Wizard
    August 2009
    7,757 Posts
    If you have to toggle sensitivity you probably just need a bigger mousepad. It'd also probably be better to use in-game binds instead of DPI switches.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events

22. Post #4942
    May 2009
    1,633 Posts
    How do you use Legion against Tone? I picked up Legion recently but it feels like I can't do anything against them. Ion was really good vs Tone thanks to vortex shield, but Legion's gunshield feels worthless against tracking rockets. I can block one or two, but then salvo core wrecks me.

Do you just constantly flank against a Tone? In a proper face to face battle with equal footing, it feels like Tone is better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Hungary Show Events

23. Post #4943
    Gold Member
    June 2013
    1,890 Posts
    How do you use Legion against Tone? I picked up Legion recently but it feels like I can't do anything against them. Ion was really good vs Tone thanks to vortex shield, but Legion's gunshield feels worthless against tracking rockets. I can block one or two, but then salvo core wrecks me.

Do you just constantly flank against a Tone? In a proper face to face battle with equal footing, it feels like Tone is better.
    honestly it might just be the way i position myself when fighting other titans but i typically just fire at tone with the long range rounds and when he puts up his shield i run back behind a building and reload because there isn't a point anymore to shooting him. once his shield is gone i'll run back out and unload on him again. i like to keep my shield ready for when my health gets real low or tone uses his core. hopefully this helps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #4944
    April 2007
    307 Posts
    https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/d...ve-fire-update

Patch notes for Live Fire update with details of game changes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

25. Post #4945
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    19,975 Posts
    Finally, the film grain option is coming!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

26. Post #4946
    September 2008
    883 Posts
    Basic changes snippets
    -Titans that are invulnerable while performing executions will have their lifebars colored gold and flashing to communicate their invulnerability.
    -Prime Titans can now use Nose Arts.
    -Nuclear Eject damage no longer fills your Titan Meter.

Tone Changes:
    -Reduced Salvo Core's damage.
    -Removed the damage falloff from Salvo Core rockets.
    -Increased the cooldown of Sonar Pulse.
    -Reduced the projectile size of the 40mm.
    -Tone Burst Loader Improvements:
    -Slight presentation tweaks.
    -Updated audio cues.
    -Leaving ADS now clears the charges

I think this is damn useful!

There's a ton of other things in the patchnotes worth reading. They are fixing a ton!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #4947
    April 2007
    307 Posts
    https://www.titanfall.com/en_gb/news...-network-8-uk/

Apparently the update is delayed because they found a bug late in QC which has delayed certification.

I don't see anything about Salvo Core not filling up the Titan Meter in the notes though...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #4948
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    3,075 Posts
    Devotion

- Added very far damage settings, reducing its damage at distance.
    - Added more kick to the first shot to make using single shots more difficult.
    - Increased view kick during sustained fire to create a slightly larger spread.
    Thank fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Denmark Show Events

29. Post #4949
    HUG ME I'M SOFT
    January 2012
    2,365 Posts
    Noooo!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Israel Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #4950
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    5,350 Posts
    I'll miss this cause Ronin chaining is super fun but definitely not fair
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #4951
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    13,547 Posts
    I'll miss this cause Ronin chaining is super fun but definitely not fair
    I chained that shit up 3 times in a row at least 2 or 3 times, that was a ton of fun and made me feel like such a badass since my new titan would hit the ground the same time as me. It reminds me of the part in the campaign towards the end when BT shows up with a new loadout right in the nick of time to save your ass and beat the shit out of the IMC.

Has anyone gone back to play the campaign since becoming really good at the MP? I feel like I might not enjoy the campaign as much anymore now that nothing in it would be a challenge since human controlled pilots and titans are an actual challenge.

32. Post #4952
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    April 2009
    8,778 Posts
    To clarify the nuke eject changes, getting kills with the nuke will still give you meter

Also Ronin and Northstar's dash recharge is being buffed to 5 seconds, turns out turbo-engine slowing down dash recharge was a bug

33. Post #4953
    July 2010
    9,058 Posts
    It looks like the Ion splash damage bug was fixed as well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

34. Post #4954
    April 2007
    1,641 Posts
    ADS'ing with his primary weapon will display the projectile's path.

Scorch Gooses just got way easier.

Edited:

An elusive Nessie has still not been found…last seen in the mission Blood and Rust…
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #4955
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,017 Posts
    Holy shit that Scorch change though, that'll make it really easy to shoot inside buildings at long distance, I love it

Wish they would add a HUD scale option though, everything is too big right now IMO.
    Except for the chat which on the other hand is near invisible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Firefox Poland Show Events

36. Post #4956
    Some kind of Coding Wizard
    August 2009
    7,757 Posts
    Fat Titans vs Tone actually really favors the Tone if they just use sonar to hit you with splash damage around corners and get locks. Most Tones just don't do that. Ronin is a good Tone counter though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events

37. Post #4957
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    19,306 Posts
    I'm actually kinda happy about this.
    I mean it was fun to drop like 3 Ronins in a short span but it felt a little ridiculous.

38. Post #4958
    July 2010
    9,058 Posts
    I'm actually kinda happy about this.
    I mean it was fun to drop like 3 Ronins in a short span but it felt a little ridiculous.
    Hopefully it'll mean every single Ronin won't use nuke eject now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

39. Post #4959
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    13,547 Posts
    Nuke eject is part of the ronin's charm though. How can you expect him not to commit seppuku upon being defeated?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #4960
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    19,629 Posts
    Nuke eject is part of the ronin's charm though. How can you expect him not to commit seppuku upon being defeated?
    Anything else would bring dishonour upon his chassis number.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events