1. Post #1281
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    3,854 Posts
    I did a bit more work on that UED2 map from earlier.

FYI, the reason that the screenshot doesn't have a good view of the pond is that reflections don't work properly with actual skyboxes, which is a shame because I actually do like how the mirror water looks and I kinda don't want to downgrade it to a boring transparent plane even though I may have too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

2. Post #1282

January 2017
    14 Posts
    This is nothing special I made, but I messed up the timer and now I can't stop laughing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Chrome Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 47Informative Informative x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #1283
    November 2011
    1,217 Posts
    Smell the ashes.

4. Post #1284
    August 2010
    1,470 Posts
    This is nothing special I made, but I messed up the timer and now I can't stop laughing.
    Had it at full volume, scared me shitless

5. Post #1285
    December 2015
    54 Posts
    Laughed way too hard at this. Bravo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #1286
    October 2016
    3 Posts
    super wip walkthru

btw could anyone pm if they know what's going on with the fire particle at 3:44-3:55+? I followed this exactly https://developer.valvesoftware.com/..._Fire_Particle and get that sort of flickering in-game when moving towards/away (and depending on your speed?) from the particle :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Artistic Artistic x 1Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

7. Post #1287
    Willing to pay $100 to pet Hetfield's beard
    July 2011
    556 Posts
    I don't know what's wrong with me, but I have been laughing all day at this. Like holy shit, I haven't had a huge laughing tantrum like this in a long time.

Man. If you didn't override them already, I need either the .bsp or the .vmf of this map. I really really do !

8. Post #1288
    October 2011
    396 Posts
    Not really a mapping post, but I was looking through some old files of mine after having just moved due to university, and i found this map layout I did a few years ago, when i tried to cobble together as many of my unused and half-finished projects as possible.

Kind of fun to look over it again and retrace the mission and maps i wanted to make. If I had some free time, I might even have a look at it again, see what comes of it ...
    It's somehow really inspiring/motivating to already have a rough idea and layout in front of you when starting to create something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

9. Post #1289

January 2017
    14 Posts
    I don't know what's wrong with me, but I have been laughing all day at this. Like holy shit, I haven't had a huge laughing tantrum like this in a long time.

Man. If you didn't override them already, I need either the .bsp or the .vmf of this map. I really really do !
    Yeah, why not. http://www.mediafire.com/file/2lctzv...heamprun_5.bsp
    I used pakrat to content all of the custom stuff, which is why it's such a big file.
    Also, this map is part of a weird inside-joke map series.

I made some apartment map using models from Gta5.
    http://imgur.com/a/m8bkS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Chrome Norway Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #1290
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    3,854 Posts
    You totally need to make this video listed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #1291
    Wishes he could fit in with the mapping section..
    June 2010
    4,425 Posts

Rough collisions but it should be ok once I fix textures. Which one should be the main release? Agree for day, friendly for night
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 24Agree Agree x 6 (list)

12. Post #1292
    Not a Husky
    May 2012
    573 Posts
    Rough collisions but it should be ok once I fix textures. Which one should be the main release? Agree for day, friendly for night
    One thing I've noticed is players love the concept of a dark map. but even when lit well(so not actually super dark, just night-time looking) in practicality they tend to get bored of it very quickly, and on top of that gameplay suffers. Keep in mind this only really applies to RP maps cause that's all I get to release. I wish it weren't this way, cause night maps can look amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

13. Post #1293
    Wishes he could fit in with the mapping section..
    June 2010
    4,425 Posts
    I imagined it mostly for posing and SFM, not much gameplay is possible atm. Night could mean it's easier for creators to place their own lights, but you're right that people get bored and won't check it out. I might just put both into one addon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #1294

January 2017
    14 Posts
    Made the shockwave thing sequence from Inside using source.
    I would post pictures, but it's a little hard to describe what it does.
    Here is the Vmf for this map http://www.mediafire.com/file/261q46...turbmapVMF.zip
    Included with the custom stuff, though I might have forgotten some.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Chrome Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #1295
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    469 Posts
    So, I have been stuck for a long on this map without any meaningful progress. I can't tie it together to form any singleplayer experience, so I am thinking of transforming it into a multiplayer map. No idea what kind of, but at this point it feels like the best course to get this map done.

Currently I have 2 similar versions, the one quoted above, that being more HL2 influenced. Another being more cyberpunk influenced:

I might just throw the current compile of the map out so people can try it and see how it feels.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 16Artistic Artistic x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

16. Post #1296
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,675 Posts
    I might just throw the current compile of the map out so people can try it and see how it feels.
    Yes please because from the screenies it looks pretty badass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

17. Post #1297
    April 2011
    48 Posts
    Some goldsource textures for source engine. VTF version 7.4 https://mega.nz/#!zVoyVSLL!K4zu6zShS...DKLH3QQzyYGqqM
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

18. Post #1298

March 2017
    1 Posts
    Yes, please do that.
    Also, to make the scenery less static, you could add city scanners or some other NPCs in the sky at the direction of the citadel.

19. Post #1299
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    1,770 Posts
    It's been a while since I've posted here. I'm feeling that mapping vibe again.Here's two very early screenshots of my third horror map. Now taking place in an above-ground office. The florescent lights in the first screenshot will be replaced. I just can't find/make a texture to make it fit. I know it's not really an excuse, but I'm still re-learning the process to make my own at the moment.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #1300
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    311 Posts
    授業準備はできましたか?!

インバウンドのひどい翻訳

A thing I have been working on. And since I never post anything, I am posting something!
    (Source Engine, Ep2 branch)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Canada Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 9Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #1301
    January 2012
    1,721 Posts
    What engine?

22. Post #1302
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,785 Posts
    What engine?
    I would wager Source based on how the lighting is cast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Bulgaria Show Events Agree Agree x 6Late Late x 1 (list)

23. Post #1303
    "Sounds like something Stiffy would say."
    May 2011
    5,211 Posts
    授業準備はできましたか?!

インバウンドのひどい翻訳

A thing I have been working on. And since I never post anything, I am posting something!
    Your doors are casting dynamic shadows. Disable them u silly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 2 (list)

24. Post #1304
    December 2015
    54 Posts

Almost time to release my demo, woo.

Edit-It's live baby! http://www.moddb.com/mods/hev-mark-v...chapter-1-demo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #1305
    December 2014
    1,019 Posts
    It's been a while since I've posted here. I'm feeling that mapping vibe again.Here's two very early screenshots of my third horror map. Now taking place in an above-ground office. The florescent lights in the first screenshot will be replaced. I just can't find/make a texture to make it fit. I know it's not really an excuse, but I'm still re-learning the process to make my own at the moment.

For some reason this reeks of Splinter Cell. I love it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Waterfox Japan Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1306
    Secretly a Saudi Prince
    February 2005
    1,707 Posts
    Figured I'd post this here for some feedback. Sven's mapping subforum isn't exactly the most active place on earth.

Some may remember my old source version of the map, basically I lost all assets in a HDD failure and gave up. I got picked up as a Sven Coop 5.0 beta tester and got back into mapping, with Angel Script implementation I decided to make a Goldsrc version.

Couple of things to keep in mind due to either issues with Sven or Limits in it's Angel script implementation, or the engine itself.

-There are plenty of nodes, we can't figure out why the AI is running to the far side of the map when it can't get somewhere it wants. Non-human NPCs don't seem as prone to this issue however. This just seems to be a side effect of having a map Goldsrc wasn't nearly made to handle, for refrence map is roughly 21k X 27k hammer units in size.

-We can't make the previews change colors, the preview is literally the brush parented to the players crosshair client side, brushes can't change color on the fly. The only possible alternative would be to have a modeller turn the buildings into models with colored body groups and swap between them.

-Voting only exists for the 2 most expensive buildings and upgrades to prevent griefing.

-func_vehicles DO exist for Sven but the issues we have are the player losing control every time they take damage and the ability to cheese maps by running over any NPC and crushing them against the world terrain including mini bosses. We're working on a solution but likely won't be readded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Japan Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 7Winner Winner x 5 (list)

27. Post #1307
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,073 Posts
    Holy shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #1308
    February 2013
    29 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 11Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 3 (list)

29. Post #1309
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,608 Posts
    Messing around with the Post Processing in this scene, I think I have it somewhere I like it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 9Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

30. Post #1310
    February 2015
    11 Posts
    Hello everyone!
    I rarely come here, and hardly anyone knows me here, but I always follow this page of the forum. I see here amazing works in the skill of maps. Maybe most of you make maps just for the sake of training your skills, or to show what kind of individual element of design and your skill. But I would like to ask you - would you like to make maps for the common intent?
    I am developer the project Episode 17, and I really need your help in creating maps. My works, you can always see by clicking on the links to Moddb.
    If anyone is interested in working together on maps, or the idea of ​​the game itself, I wait for your messages in private messages or e-mail.
    Thank you all for attention!

vladislavlisnevsky@gmail.com

31. Post #1311
    September 2011
    688 Posts
    Getting some strong RE7 vibes from this, what's it for?

32. Post #1312
    December 2015
    54 Posts
    Messing around with the Post Processing in this scene, I think I have it somewhere I like it.
    I looove this kind of atmosphere. It's a shame you can't really do fog like that in an urban environment without it seriously clipping in buildings and looking really off. Is this using any custom content/what engine is it on?

33. Post #1313
    February 2013
    29 Posts
    Getting some strong RE7 vibes from this, what's it for?
    I actually made some of The Last of Us concept art.

I didn't make it for anything, I made it because it's fun, so it's going to sit on my PC for several years doing nothing like everything else I made
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

34. Post #1314
    September 2011
    688 Posts
    Would you mind if I took a peek at it? I really love the look of it tbh

35. Post #1315
    February 2013
    29 Posts
    I should add that it's only a scene rather than a playable map, meaning I've only detailed what you can see. There's dev textures and sloppy brushwork everywhere, but if you still desire I can send it you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #1316
    September 2011
    688 Posts
    I should add that it's only a scene rather than a playable map, meaning I've only detailed what you can see. There's dev textures and sloppy brushwork everywhere, but if you still desire I can send it you.
    Definitely, I love looking at things like that!

37. Post #1317

February 2015
    3 Posts
    Just some buildings i've been working on.

I planned to do remake of dm_cloudcity, but realized that my style is not very suitable for this map. Here is some buildings I made for map's 3d skybox.

A remake of a part of Rezoning District from Mirror's Edge Catalyst. The lighting is kinda ugly because of a leak.

An experiment with Paste Special :D

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 8Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #1318
    March 2015
    42 Posts

I'm working on an Event map for Jailbreak server.
    Just wanted to show you my use of cinematics.
    1st clip is the beginning of a huge Race (11 jailbreak known race in a row) and the 2nd one is Climbs
    In the end there is an Intro to present the "event" (it's in French, sorry guys haha)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #1319
    August 2012
    76 Posts
    Decided to go back to rework and hopefully release my old Asylum project

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 17Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

40. Post #1320
    December 2007
    342 Posts
    vroom vroom

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Netherlands Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 10Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)