1. Post #3281
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    15,993 Posts
    It was always supposed to be a miniseries, wasn't it?
    It was originally supposed to be a full feature movie and then got downgraded to a tv series

2. Post #3282
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,093 Posts
    I thought it was cancelled before it aired?

3. Post #3283
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    28,334 Posts
    I thought it was cancelled before it aired?
    Its been listed as the "Complete Series" since before it aired, yeah.

4. Post #3284
    Pax
    April 2012
    1,506 Posts
    The finale did have some cliffhanger elements, so there is set up for a second season, but I don't see it happening.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #3285
    sometimes I feel like going into a spastic rage so I can get a cool title but then it would be a bad title, and it wouldnt be cool
    January 2010
    15,465 Posts
    THE INHUMANS WILL RETURN IN AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

6. Post #3286
    December 2012
    2,531 Posts
    Isn't there supposed to be overlap with Agents of SHIELD? If so they could totally just wrap up loose ends there. Definitely not ideal but I could that happening.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #3287
    November 2010
    15,993 Posts
    After watching Thor Ragnarok, this painting in Mission Breakout makes so much more sense
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 3Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #3288
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    34,811 Posts
    Thor was pretty fantastic.

My only question is,    who was that huge ship that found the Asgard ship at the mid credits?   

Also, will    Asgard settle in Oklahoma?   

9. Post #3289
    December 2012
    5,313 Posts

My only question is,    who was that huge ship that found the Asgard ship at the mid credits?   
       99% sure that's Thanos coming to wreck shit because Loki owes him an infinity stone   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 8Useful Useful x 1 (list)

10. Post #3290
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    5,279 Posts

Confirmed as Sanctuary II, Thanos personal ship and probably in Norway instead, back where Odin died and told Thor in a vision Asgard could be.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

11. Post #3291
    sometimes I feel like going into a spastic rage so I can get a cool title but then it would be a bad title, and it wouldnt be cool
    January 2010
    15,465 Posts
       99% sure that's Thanos coming to wreck shit because Loki owes him an infinity stone   
       He definitely could not resist taking the Tesseract before leaving Asgard, and its presence outside of the vault must've set off some sort of detection   

12. Post #3292
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    14,091 Posts

thanos' scout ship

Nigga you owe me four stones, not one or two or three but four, four stone; four crates

zero stones, zero crates  

OK
    I don't think we're gonna see grumpy Thor again considering ratings and sales, two movies of grumpy Thor were solidly meh.

13. Post #3293
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,088 Posts
    I forgot The Punisher comes out this Friday.

Apparently the embargo lifted today for reviews and Forbes said it was the best MCU show ever.

The other reviews found said it was good, but did not make the claim of being the best MCU show.

Still good to hear after the last couple netflix series being meh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #3294
    May 2010
    28,334 Posts
    I forgot The Punisher comes out this Friday.

Apparently the embargo lifted today for reviews and Forbes said it was the best MCU show ever.

The other reviews found said it was good, but did not make the claim of being the best MCU show.

Still good to hear after the last couple netflix series being meh
    So that means its probably a little less than Daredevil Season 1?

15. Post #3295
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    2,527 Posts
    When Banner    jumped from the ship and landed in a bloody heap, do you think that killed him? He was talking about possibly not being able to turn back   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

16. Post #3296
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    29,370 Posts
    When Banner    jumped from the ship and landed in a bloody heap, do you think that killed him? He was talking about possibly not being able to turn back   
    He tried killing himself, but that only made him stronger.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #3297
    November 2010
    15,993 Posts
    Jesus christ this scene reminds me how gray Mark Ruffalo has gotten since 2012
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #3298
    February 2013
    10,904 Posts
    x
    Sony is developing a new Marvel Comics movie based on the Spider-Man villain and antihero, Morbius the Living Vampire.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Power Rangers writers Burk Sharpless and Matt Sazama have recently submitted a script for the movie, simply titled Morbius, to Sony after a secret development process.

The character, named Dr. Michael Morbius, was created by writer Roy Thomas and artist Gil Kane, and first appeared in 1963's Amazing Spider-Man #101. Morbius is a scientist suffering from a rare blood disease who, after attempting to cure himself, becomes afflicted with a form of vampirism.

The character has fought Spider-Man on several occasions and also became a slightly heroic character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

19. Post #3299
    November 2015
    1,864 Posts
    they really want to build their own mcu but without a good flagship character
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

20. Post #3300
    November 2010
    15,993 Posts
    But Sony doesn't own the rights to Morbius, New Line Does or maybe Marvel Studios does since getting Blade back
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #3301
    You're a big guy.
    January 2011
    6,773 Posts
    But Sony doesn't own the rights to Morbius, New Line Does or maybe Marvel Studios does since getting Blade back
    Well obviously they do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

22. Post #3302
    May 2010
    28,334 Posts
    Well obviously they do?
    He was part of Marvel's Monsters and sold to New Line, the rights then returned to Marvel later.

23. Post #3303
    January 2010
    15,465 Posts
    let them get sued then

24. Post #3304
    May 2010
    28,334 Posts
    Yeah, Sony doesnt own Morbius. Marvel does.

New Line purchased all the rights to the Marvel Vampires when they did Blade. So Blade and Morbius were part of the same deal, and as such reverted back to Marvel fully a few years ago.

Morbius was actually in the alternate ending to the first Blade movie, David Goyer even said he was going to be the villain to the sequel originally.

25. Post #3305
    August 2010
    1,342 Posts
    Yeah everyone knows that Morbius is featured in the new Punisher series for the return of Franken Castle duh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #3306
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    8,230 Posts
    Yeah everyone knows that Morbius is featured in the new Punisher series for the return of Franken Castle duh
    Real talk Frankencastle is right behind Barracuda in terms of the dumb Frank shit I hope the Netflix series has the balls to eventually introduce.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #3307
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    2,816 Posts
    Real talk Frankencastle is right behind Barracuda in terms of the dumb Frank shit I hope the Netflix series has the balls to eventually introduce.
    Snip read that wrong

28. Post #3308
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    34,811 Posts
    In hindsight about Thor, there is one thing that kind of irked me about the film. I wouldn't say it's a straight contradiction, but it did clash a bit:

In the film they repeat several times two things, "The source of Hela's power is Asgard" and "Asgard is not a place, it's a people". It kind of clashes because they literally destroy the place Asgard in order to destroy Hela's power but immediately say it's okay because Asgard is the people, not the place.   

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #3309
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    13,688 Posts
    In hindsight about Thor, there is one thing that kind of irked me about the film. I wouldn't say it's a straight contradiction, but it did clash a bit:

In the film they repeat several times two things, "The source of Hela's power is Asgard" and "Asgard is not a place, it's a people". It kind of clashes because they literally destroy the place Asgard in order to destroy Hela's power but immediately say it's okay because Asgard is the people, not the place.   

pretty sure it meant the strategic geographical location rather than fancy heartfelt words to say "this place is totally fucked lets bounce"   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #3310
    You're a big guy.
    January 2011
    6,773 Posts
       pretty sure it meant the strategic geographical location rather than fancy heartfelt words to say "this place is totally fucked lets bounce"   
    ok but they also     made a point to say Thor draws his power from Asgard in the same way Hela does, so does Thor not have powers now?    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #3311
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    14,091 Posts
    ok but they also     made a point to say Thor draws his power from Asgard in the same way Hela does, so does Thor not have powers now?    
    There's that one line they repeat twice, it is a clue to the mystery of stop, hammertime.

32. Post #3312
    November 2014
    1,195 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #3313
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,573 Posts
    So unless it gets leaked, the trailer is gonna be in the previews before the new Star Wars, right? That makes the most sense.

34. Post #3314
    November 2010
    15,993 Posts
    Holy Shit, give me this shit now

35. Post #3315
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,846 Posts
    Get a load of those delicious deep blacks, none of that CW half-grey shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

36. Post #3316
    November 2015
    1,864 Posts
    color grading looks amazing

37. Post #3317
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,088 Posts
    So unless it gets leaked, the trailer is gonna be in the previews before the new Star Wars, right? That makes the most sense.
    Probably Thanksgiving week or a week or two before new Star Wars.

Civil War trailer was released during Thanksgiving week, and airing a trailer online makes it more widespread seen than attaching it to a movie and then airing online.

BUT according to the leaker it won't be any time soon. So around the release of Star Wars/attached to it does make the most sense.

38. Post #3318
    You're a big guy.
    January 2011
    6,773 Posts
    Anyone have any mirrors of all the shit he uploaded?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #3319
    Ask me about my Guardians of the Galaxy fetish.
    September 2010
    9,493 Posts
    Thor: Ragnarok was so fun. Would totally see again!

That nod to Beta Ray Bill tho. My boy! My wonderful horse faced boy! Hes canon!   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #3320
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    5,279 Posts
    Thor: Ragnarok was so fun. Would totally see again!

That nod to Beta Ray Bill tho. My boy! My wonderful horse faced boy! Hes canon!   
    He was going to have a proper cameo, but they scrapped it since he's too big for that and they want to properly introduce him in the future.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)