1. Post #1321
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    5,994 Posts
    anyone else experiencing substance designer 5 on Steam ever since the last windows 10 update not closing properly. What I mean is it will close and no longer become a task for task manager to track or kill but steam still shows you using it and the only way to not have it shown in use by steam is to kill the steam process?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1322
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,831 Posts
    After looking through this thread and looking at the fact I can't even get a simple UV map to line up properly, I'm overly sure I'm not cut out for this

3. Post #1323
    February 2009
    1,199 Posts
    hey, anyone know where I can find Oculus DK1 drivers?, theres no links to out of date drivers on the oculus website

4. Post #1324
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    8,709 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

5. Post #1325
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    15,050 Posts
    After looking through this thread and looking at the fact I can't even get a simple UV map to line up properly, I'm overly sure I'm not cut out for this
    join the discord and talk with us :) it's in the OP

Edited:

The cloth looks quite stiff, and I'm assuming you sim'd in Marvelous it as I can see the polygons of the underlying mesh. Be sure to adequately subdivide the body you are simulating on.

Make sure to tug the pants down so if it bunches up at all it happens at the shoes. I would also recommend having bent poses for the arms and knees (you can sim on an short animation) so interesting folds happen at the joints.

One final thing is to make sure the clothes on the torso, which are much better, have the feeling of being compacted by the belt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #1326
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,137 Posts
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/267760073239953410/326520971957633025/bilde.png
    http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...2-untitled.png
    http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...-untitled2.png
    Could you post wireframe ? It looks pretty good

(Also, are sleeves placeholders ? Gloves look awesome, but rest is too low res, don't fit)

7. Post #1327
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,285 Posts
    What is this forr???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1328
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    11,708 Posts
    I did a snow

Anyone got some HOT TIPS for setting up a prettier snow shader in Maya? I mean this is serviceable but I feel my node setup could use some expansion to make it, y'know, gooder?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #1329
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    11,381 Posts

Close to final, still need some cinematic set-pieces and a hint of a story, but we're getting close to the end now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1330
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    4,204 Posts

Praise Suzanne.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

11. Post #1331
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,419 Posts
    Close to final, still need some cinematic set-pieces and a hint of a story, but we're getting close to the end now.
    Loving this at the moment. A few suggestions from me though, need a bit more worn brick around the front door of the building and the corners of it, surely someone would've managed to take a little chunk off the sides by now just judging by the worn paint of the lines on the ground. Your red paint along the gutters also looks a bit too new compared to the worn yellow lines. I also understand that the rain can make the red look a lot more reflective and bright, but I'd like to see some more variation between the gutter that's exposed to the rain (along the front entrance) compared to the ones that's supposed to be undercover near the pumps, as well as the red on the pumps themselves (More of a dirty/less rough look than the wet one) I'm not sure if this last one is just a nitpick from me, but the tyre marks on the ground I've seen at service stations (having worked in one for 4+ years) are almost never in a straight line, while all the ones I can see in the bottom left image all appear to be nearly perfectly straight.

Definitely like the look of this so far though, really capturing a nice feel and definitely reminds me of my workplace.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #1332
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,446 Posts
    Progress on stabby boob

Frame is done, wheels minus tires are done and i am fucking sick of staring at big blocks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

13. Post #1333
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,839 Posts
    I blew my instagram account up by posting this simulation that i just made
    https://vimeo.com/222519671
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BVmskW3gNhX/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

14. Post #1334
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    5,058 Posts
    have you tried making the simulation go faster? It kinda looks weird.

Edited:

I don't mean you should just 2x the animation but idk give the water more weight and acceleration?

Edited:

actually nevermind, everything is fine. Just me expecting it to be some high pressure tube spraying water everywhere,
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #1335
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    11,708 Posts
    Are the closed tubes actually sealed with the clamps?

16. Post #1336
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,446 Posts
    Are the closed tubes actually sealed with the clamps?
    Well actual clamps like that wouldn't seal it at all, so i'm betting no.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1337
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,839 Posts
    I mean, its 3D so its all fake.

I guess the weird motion/slowness is due to the scale of the scene
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #1338
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,446 Posts

First time i've done tires in years. Came out pretty good

19. Post #1339
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    11,708 Posts
    I mean, its 3D so its all fake.

I guess the weird motion/slowness is due to the scale of the scene
    You never know, I've seen some damn good purely simulated constraints.