1. Post #1801
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    6,195 Posts
    Anyone else experiencing instability with Substance Designer 5 on a Ryzen based system? I'll get minor freezes with the software and or it will crash to desktop doing things that I was able to do perfectly fine on my intel system.

2. Post #1802
    August 2017
    359 Posts
    Been cooking this up for a while.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 9Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #1803
    Gold Member

May 2006
    6,136 Posts
    I've finally done some proper modeling! It took fuckin' forever and I'm definitely not an organized enough person to make a complicated model, but I think it's passable! As with all my stuff, the character and hair are all DAZ items I've messed around with, but I modeled the EEG sensors, respiratory monitor, and ~~nasal cannula~~ from scratch. Got my foot in the door :)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

4. Post #1804
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,159 Posts
    Does anyone else get fucking scared when you load an imported model and you don't see it until you zoom out and find that it's fucking massive?

It feels like a creepy fucking entity looming over me as the camera in Blender.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #1805
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    6,341 Posts
    Same here, gives me vibes from deep sea/monster phobia
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #1806
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    6,195 Posts
    Does Allegorithmic no longer provide steam keys if you purchase on their website? I'm noticing there's no link steam button like there was before back in 2014 - 2015

7. Post #1807
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,908 Posts

Things continue to happen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #1808
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    6,341 Posts
    Bored as fuck so I experimented with light, worst job ever

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #1809
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    7,790 Posts
    The design of the room looks pretty interesting though IMO

10. Post #1810
    July 2008
    1,076 Posts
    I'm curious, does anyone else here use mari for texturing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #1811
    July 2013
    1,315 Posts

I made a bit of shoot-em-up fanart, from Dariusburst

https://skfb.ly/6u8xC
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 6Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #1812
    Gold Member

May 2006
    6,136 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #1813
    July 2013
    1,315 Posts

It's a boss from a shoot-em-up game. It's a giant alien battleship... that looks like a fish.

14. Post #1814
    WJS
    February 2016
    549 Posts

still WIP, need to blur and blend the different stages of the superheated metal better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 New Opera Show Events Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #1815
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,159 Posts
    I decided to do an animated skydome thing for fun.

It's kinda like the skyboxes in Quake and Unreal, except it makes use of a side texture depicting clouds near the horizon that's blended with the top texture in an attempt to make it look a bit more realistic while remaining cheap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #1816
    Gold Member

May 2006
    6,136 Posts
    It's a little hard to tell how I feel when it moves so quickly. The transition seems pretty noticeable but maybe it'd be less aggressive if it wasn't going so fast.

And I made a gown and added some premade environment and background items. I feel a lot more ambitious now that I can whip up basic objects that I need and hopefully I can keep motivated to try bigger and more difficult things.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1817
    September 2016
    152 Posts
    Does anyone else get fucking scared when you load an imported model and you don't see it until you zoom out and find that it's fucking massive?

It feels like a creepy fucking entity looming over me as the camera in Blender.
    I still have nightmares when I imported a laptop model from a site, it was massive and it also included an even bigger box around it for renders

I remember zooming out and being scared to death, like I was being consumed alive by the room. I experience something similar when going out of bounds in video games

18. Post #1818
    November 2009
    883 Posts
    Big gun.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #1819
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,031 Posts
    Not quite 3D, but very relevant and a potential bonanza for you folks.

I was rooting through my Chrome Bookmarks and found a cache of DeicideNBF's stuff. If you've ever modeled and textured a real life gun, you will, at some point, have heard of this guy - his stuff was like a fucking goldmine for anyone wanting to repro a gun in 3D.

Anyway, here's the link - enjoy!

http://deicidenbf.thanez.net/

Edited:

still WIP, need to blur and blend the different stages of the superheated metal better
    Would be cool to add some uneven-ness to the hot glow to make it more realistic, like so:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Show Events Useful Useful x 3Late Late x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #1820
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,908 Posts

So selecting things in the outliner crashes maya now.

Render controllers, groups, meshes or beziers. Click on anything and it dies.

I'm convinced that autodesk is staffed entirely by sadists who publicly masturbate to the idea of the suffering that they have caused others. Prove me wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1821
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,908 Posts
    -fuck me it was render settings-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #1822
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,908 Posts
    IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING

Also here's some stabby boob progress i guess

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

23. Post #1823
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,908 Posts

Bought some sick reference material today
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Winner Winner x 8Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

24. Post #1824
    July 2013
    1,315 Posts

Decided to model one of the little enemy tanks from metal slug, it kinda grew into me doing the whole thing up with textures, but I'm really happy with it

You can view it in 3D here: https://skfb.ly/6uCsN
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)