1. Post #1961
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,219 Posts
    I have some references that could work as well for someguyihate's spider project.

I would definitely take a look at the level at 1:39:12.

2. Post #1962
    July 2008
    1,104 Posts
    Haha the last 4 games you guys have posted have been huge inspirations for me starting the project, especially wotm and futurecop. I'm hopefully gonna have a grappling system added next time I post which should be fun.

3. Post #1963
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    4,410 Posts

Struggled with some life stuff for a while, but I'm climbing out the pit. Did this one fast and dirty from scratch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 11Winner Winner x 6 (list)

4. Post #1964
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,090 Posts
    More progress on da spider, it now has trajectory prediction with jumping so it will try and align to a surface before hitting it, allowing for movements like this:

Slowly getting some assets built in the meantime too and trying to figure out an art direction to head in.
    really reminds me of the Q-Spider from everything or nothing

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

5. Post #1965
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,090 Posts

Apart from the turntable, T1's done rendering.

yeehaw.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Winner Winner x 28 (list)

6. Post #1966
    July 2008
    1,104 Posts
    Looks very good in motion!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

7. Post #1967
    Gold Member

November 2012
    1,732 Posts
    Need some help with Maya, how can I arrange these vertices into a perfect circle? I tried using the Circularize tool but that creates a lot of undesirable edges.

The reason being, I need to make a circular hole in the center of of this knob, so I plan on extruding inwards after getting my desired shape.

8. Post #1968
    July 2008
    1,104 Posts
    Create a cylinder with the same amount of verts, boolean it in the middle and then fix it all up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #1969
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    582 Posts
    Alternatively create the same cylinder and use snaps to move your vertices in place, it seems you could do 1/4 of them and then array the rest to save extra time and you don't have to clean up after a boolean.

For future reference model something like this starting with a cylinder (which is what you probably did already) but add that loop at the start and keep it round for later (or even better already extrude it inwards from the start then model the rest around it), basically it's like machining you want to think ahead at your order of operations so you don't make your life harder down the line.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #1970
    November 2009
    940 Posts
    Didn't even put my latest dieselpunk machine in here;

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 6Artistic Artistic x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #1971
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,488 Posts
    Making another of those silly particle simulation.

Cancelled after 35h of baking though, so its only like 6s of 60fps video.
    Noticed that I had one setting wrong, which is the aqua colored one, but Im rendering it out because it looks cool.

12. Post #1972
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,090 Posts
    Didn't even put my latest dieselpunk machine in here;

i love it

y'all should try something like the NYC mercury.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1973
    June 2011
    190 Posts
    I think I'm getting the hand of terragen I also started learning world machine recently!!

(excuse imgur's compression)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #1974
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,040 Posts
    I like taking the heighmaps into a game engine, nothing beats it.

I can't even do any work at the moment, pisses me off.

15. Post #1975
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,488 Posts
    Nonsense video done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #1976
    February 2009
    1,226 Posts
    Hey, back with more, on the forest study, I've put together a test scene and made the mats for the plants and ground.
    The mud and moss aren't together in one mat yet, it's just 2 clipping planes right now, (which explains weird placement) and I haven't yet gone back to implement the feedback I got on the wood. After working a lot more with substance while doing the foliage I've decided I'm going to re-do the wood rather than re-work it.

If anyone has any crit its super welcome, I'm pretty proud of what Iv'e managed so far and i definatly feel more at home in substance.

Sorry for the low quality images, my internet is really awful right now, basically broken, so I had to down res them a lot to get them to upload.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)