1. Post #4041
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    16,043 Posts
    Shaolin Soccer

This is probably the goofiest I have ever seen, and I'm not quite sure if I really liked the film or not, but I had a blast watching this.    The ET joke got me really good   

Edited:

And by goofy, I mean within context. The humor is clever because no one seems to bat an eye at the kung fu wackiness, not because it's random like other, dumber movies are.

2. Post #4042
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    28,640 Posts
    Now watch Kung Fu Hustle.

Most of the same actors in different roles with the same amount of goofiness.

Shame Stephen Chow hasn't really made something as great as Shaolin Soccer (same cast and him in the starring role), but his 2016 Mermaid film became the highest grossing film of all time in Asia, so I should probably watch that.

Edited:

And by goofy, I mean within context. The humor is clever because no one seems to bat an eye at the kung fu wackiness, not because it's random like other, dumber movies are.
    The team essentially cheated with their king fu moves, but then again, any other normal team couldn't stand a chance against the equally cheating bad guys.

3. Post #4043
    February 2011
    1,024 Posts
    Magnificent 7

I really liked the action in this movie but I couldn't get attached to the characters enough. I feel like I watched the theatrical cut instead of the full version.

4. Post #4044
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    13,941 Posts
    Taxi Driver- 9.5/10

Somehow gets better every time I see it. Saw it when I was 16 and it's been over half a decade since. I try to watch it once a year because it's honestly a masterpiece I would suggest to almost anyone.

Also, the music is A+

Edited:

Still have to see The Deer Hunter. Looking over some good De Niro roles I haven't seen. Angel Heart got me in the mood, which is another one I'd recommend to pretty much anyone reading this.

5. Post #4045
    March 2009
    614 Posts
    Hot Tub Time Machine

9/10

I thought it might be silly but I went into it with the hope it might be a decent comedy, and it was. John Cusack let the team down with his acting though.

6. Post #4046
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,605 Posts
    Blade Runner (Directors Cut)

5/5

First time watching it.

I feel this movie earned about 75-85% of the hype that people attributed to it. It isn't the greatest movie ever but I can definitely see how and why it earned that cult following. There really is nothing quite like it. It was almost sleepy dream like throughout most of it yet I still really enjoyed it.
    Gorgeous art direction and cinematography and everyones performances were on point. Rutger Hauer was amazing.

7. Post #4047
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    11,979 Posts
    So is Kingsmen 2 worth watching in the cinemas? Most people here seem to point out its not as good as the first

8. Post #4048
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    28,640 Posts
    So is Kingsmen 2 worth watching in the cinemas?
    No.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #4049
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    13,941 Posts
    Shit. I'm on my way to see it now.

Going in with lowwwww expectations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #4050
    known terrorist
    April 2011
    8,747 Posts
    Blade Runner (Directors Cut)

5/5

First time watching it.

I feel this movie earned about 75-85% of the hype that people attributed to it. It isn't the greatest movie ever but I can definitely see how and why it earned that cult following. There really is nothing quite like it. It was almost sleepy dream like throughout most of it yet I still really enjoyed it.
    Gorgeous art direction and cinematography and everyones performances were on point. Rutger Hauer was amazing.
    Why not the Final Cut?