1. Post #1881
    December 2016
    77 Posts
    Telemus asked a page or two ago what I made this model for. I'm going to start small with an animation of Master Chief battling a group of Sangheili in a yet to be determined location, but what I've had my eye on to do for quite some time is... Ambitious. I would like to see about doing a retelling of Halo: The Flood. A story which greatly expanded upon the game which started it all. And as a huge Halo fan I would love to see the other perspectives - The ODSTs, Covenant, and flood told in animation form.
    If you do take on Halo: The Flood, I'd love to see Yayap and Zuka Zamamee's side of the story, Yayap is one of the more sympathetic and actually one of my favorite side characters in the Halo series.
    I have always wanted to make a Halo CE mod playing from his perspective, but I need a better PC that doesn't overheat when I try to play fucking half-life 1..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1882
    January 2012
    158 Posts
    Would anyone happen to have those tools that were used for extracting models and textures from Halo: Online? I seem to have lost my installer for the tools, and I need to re-extract some of the weapon models due to the accidental deletion of a folder that I thought was my scrapped mods folder.
    Is it the Dark Tool Kit by any chance? If it is, here's a source: https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloOnline/wiki/index/tools

3. Post #1883
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,246 Posts
    Is it the Dark Tool Kit by any chance? If it is, here's a source: https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloOnline/wiki/index/tools
    I think it was, though I think the version on that reddit page is an older version. I recall there being a model viewer with a feature for extracting the models and textures, but that doesn't seem to be present in this version of the program.

Edited:
    Yeah, this seems to be an outdated version (1.0.1.4). DarkToolKit 1.0.1.5 had support for the textures being exported with the model iirc, and that version doesn't seem to be available anymore.

4. Post #1884
    July 2017
    24 Posts
    If you do take on Halo: The Flood, I'd love to see Yayap and Zuka Zamamee's side of the story, Yayap is one of the more sympathetic and actually one of my favorite side characters in the Halo series.
    I have always wanted to make a Halo CE mod playing from his perspective, but I need a better PC that doesn't overheat when I try to play fucking half-life 1..
    Haha, yeah before I got my current desktop computer I used two laptops. The first one practically became a brick from 3D art stress, and the second (And better of the two) melted. O_O

I definitely want to tell their side of the story, but I am considering making some minor alterations... It always confused me how Zuka was regarded as this rare warrior, when numerous Spec Ops elites have been seen both in Halo CE and the rest of the franchise. As a slight change I want to depict Zamamee as a Silent Shadow instead, which is still a Spec Ops but unlike most, they are genuinely rare and feared warriors even amongst the Zealot. Along with other small changes that do not alter the story too much. But I haven't begun to write the script so who knows what I'll do.

Also for those of you who are interested in my model of Chief, he's almost ready but I'm afraid he doesn't have a Specular map (And doesn't seem to really need one due to my Blender setup), so you may need to create one if used in certain game engines. I believe I'm going to make a Deviantart to post this and my other Halo models on for download once they're ready.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #1885
    June 2016
    198 Posts
    https://mega.nz/#!IThF0I4Y!sFAk3zEyy...VYs4PnClYynOpA

To those who don't have them. Here is the classic helmet pack
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

6. Post #1886
    July 2017
    24 Posts
    https://mega.nz/#!IThF0I4Y!sFAk3zEyy...VYs4PnClYynOpA

To those who don't have them. Here is the classic helmet pack
    Thanks Renegade, I've been looking for these!

For those interested, I went ahead and created a Deviantart to upload my model of Chief too. Which can be found here: https://vince5754.deviantart.com/art...nMkV-698776501

The file is kinda large, 117 MBs, thanks to the 4K textures, these could be scaled down and SHOULD still look alright if not viewed too closely to save on file space.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #1887
    October 2016
    250 Posts
    You're a legend man.
    Make sure you post your progress on the ODST armor, it was interesting seeing you do this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1888
    January 2009
    1,694 Posts
    The file is kinda large, 117 MBs
    What a coincidental but perfect number
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

9. Post #1889
    July 2017
    24 Posts
    For those interested, I went ahead and created a Deviantart to upload my model of Chief too. Which can be found here: https://vince5754.deviantart.com/art...nMkV-698776501
    So Renegade and Zelorous helped me fix a few issues with the model of Chief I uploaded, an updated (Slightly smaller) file is on the same page as before. It fixed some improper weights and improved the IK quite a bit,
    now it actually has IK for the arms!

Now for my next project. Back in early March I made a model of the Halo 2 Anniversary Sangheili, using the Killer Instinct model as a reference:

Since I didn't have as much knowledge of modeling/texturing as I do now, it needs a lot of improvement. This picture is my current progress on doing that. Expect that to be finished in the next week or so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #1890

January 2017
    25 Posts
    Looks pretty badass. Are you planning on doing high poly work on it or just game resolution stuff?

11. Post #1891
    October 2016
    250 Posts

Heres this thing I made.
    Its entirely in Pac3 which means, no fancy materials. Which sucks but atleast I can still make it.
    Its basically a playermodel.
    The techsuit is the Male Pac base. I extracted the UVs of the male base and changed the techsuit textures around to fit the male base. Looks good in the end imo.
    God i wish materials worked well in Pac3, then this could look even better.

Edit:
    Holy fuck those fingers

12. Post #1892
    October 2016
    250 Posts
    I'm curious,
    is the Halo 4 and 5 warthogs the same model?
    And is the Halo 4 and 5 Manti' the same model?
    Like it would make sense considering they're both as detailed and what not.
    But what do I know?

13. Post #1893

April 2014
    178 Posts
    Can't see shit. Take another screenshot in a lighter environment??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPad Safari United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #1894
    August 2015
    112 Posts
    I'm curious,
    is the Halo 4 and 5 warthogs the same model?
    And is the Halo 4 and 5 Manti' the same model?
    Like it would make sense considering they're both as detailed and what not.
    But what do I know?
    I believe they are generally the same model, just with some minor alterations (mainly with polys, textures, etc.)

15. Post #1895
    October 2016
    250 Posts
    Can't see shit. Take another screenshot in a lighter environment??
    No idea why it's so dark.
    I took the picture in a bright environment, and it's brighter in my Steam screenshots. But when I post it here it gets very dark.
    I'll retake it after I get home

16. Post #1896
    August 2016
    283 Posts
    I believe they are generally the same model, just with some minor alterations (mainly with polys, textures, etc.)
    most likely the H5 warthog has the same UV map as Halo 4's as it's basically the same model. only noticeable difference is the new chaingun turret mounted on the back and the fact that the diffuse textures are made with skins in mind. But like the Halo:reach machine gun in Halo 4 the reach grenade launcher in Halo 5, and the reused forerunner weapons from H4, it mostly kept the old uv maps and model. Just giving new higher quality textures to make it look nice.

In the meantime I made this Marine medic, textured to look like the ones we see in the Halo Wars 2 trailer.

17. Post #1897
    May 2017
    75 Posts
    There's also a higher poly count with more refined details in the model, everything in halo 5 is more detailed for the most part.

18. Post #1898
    August 2016
    283 Posts
    another wip for a L4D2 mod. the Stim injector/ Morphine syringe from ODST to replace the adrenaline shot in L4D2

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

19. Post #1899
    July 2017
    24 Posts
    Custom Halo 2 Anniversary style Elite should be done by tomorrow at the latest:

This dude looks like a frickin' meme. Zoom in on his face, both this pose and his face make it look like he just witnessed his grandmother get run over by a truck. O_O
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

20. Post #1900
    February 2016
    248 Posts
    Can someone please grab an .obj of the Halo Wars 2 Grunt Goblin?

Since we can't get the one from Halo 5, then this version will have to do for the time being.

May I ask what is so funny? -_-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1901
    May 2017
    75 Posts
    It's not so much that it's funny, its just the people on this forum can be dicks sometimes. Don't take the ratings personally, but if you do, don't mention it here. It will just lead to more arguments and trust me, there's enough of those. I should know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

22. Post #1902
    July 2015
    1,130 Posts
    May I ask what is so funny? -_-
    Because the goblin is fucking retarded, that's why.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1903
    February 2016
    248 Posts
    If you think so, then that's fine. And I'm not taking the ratings personally. I'm only asking because some of my friends were asking me to get the model. I don't have Halo wars 2 for the PC, and there is no way to rip it from the Xbox one version (as far as I can remember). A lot of people have uses for the Halo Wars 2 assets from the first two we managed to fully port (Scarab and Locust thanks to you guys) and have since been asking for more. Can someone please help me with getting the obj's from this game?

24. Post #1904
    June 2010
    697 Posts
    Because the goblin is fucking retarded, that's why.
    Does it ever occur to you that some people actually like Halo 5 and the stuff it added?