1. Post #1161
    February 2016
    233 Posts
    Well, I already have the main tyrant aa gun transferred over from gmod, so having the actual structure underneath would be awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

2. Post #1162
    October 2016
    229 Posts
    Well, I already have the main tyrant aa gun transferred over from gmod, so having the actual structure underneath would be awesome.
    Yeah hopefully I can piece it together today. Should be up by tonight.

After this I plan on extracting the Mantis from Halo 3 (The AA gun. Yes it's called a Mantis)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

3. Post #1163
    January 2017
    37 Posts
    Anybody have the model files for the Paris-class frigate? While the one from the Gmod Reach model pack is alright, it doesn't have any turrets on it, and the texture for the front half is way too light.

4. Post #1164

April 2014
    170 Posts
    Um... Guys? Any comment on this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPad Safari United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #1165
    November 2014
    429 Posts
    Um... Guys? Any comment on this?
    -snip-
    It'd be neat if he gave any sort of explanation for how he did it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #1166
    January 2009
    1,683 Posts
    It'd be neat if he gave any sort of explanation for how he did it.

Just some assumptions from the comments, but considering GameCheat's history of Xbox modding, could any of those be true?

7. Post #1167
    April 2017
    4 Posts
    I felt like sharing a model I imported and customized a bit to be like a Spartan II for Blender. This is not perfect, and the techsuit is a little more high poly than the default, but I felt like sharing this anyway. I gave credit to Soulburnin for some of the weight painting, the visor material was mainly done by Renegade20 I just used his material and appended it into my Spartan's visor.. The materials could use some work too, but it was worth a shot.

Here's a preview picture.

And you can download it on Deviant Art [70.2 MB]
    http://grouptree24.deviantart.com/ar...load-672694608

Anyway, I also wanted to ask another question. Now that I have the normals fixed, how would I be able to change the secondary colors of the armor? I only have Photoshop, but a video demonstrating how to do this would work.

8. Post #1168
    October 2016
    229 Posts
    To make secondary colors you need 2 different textures.
    Diffuse
    And Control

Diffuse is, well the actual texture for it.
    Control is a bright red/orange and green texture, it may have some other colors but Red and green are the main parts.
    Now what you want to do is open the diffuse texture in photoshop.
    Then you make another layer, and place the control texture ontop of the diffuse texture.
    After you do this you use the wand tool to select the red/orange part, this is the primary color. After everything is selected, make another layer, and go to the paintbucket tool. Now the stuff should still be selected, just fill in the selected area.

Now go back to the second layer with the control texture, and do the same thing but for the green part, this is the secondary color.

Once you're done with this, deselect everything. Go to the control texture layer, and delete it.
    Then go to the layer with all the colors, and change it from "Normal" to "Multiply"

Then you're done.
    Sorry if its a bit rough, someone else may have a better tutorial

9. Post #1169
    July 2015
    1,082 Posts
    It's easier to just color them through shaders. Saves on textures, too.

Old set up, but it gets the point across.

10. Post #1170
    October 2016
    229 Posts
    ^

11. Post #1171
    April 2017
    4 Posts

Old set up, but it gets the point across.

Ah, I used a texture on Photoshop to make my Spartan's techsuit black. How's the new setup though?

12. Post #1172
    January 2012
    151 Posts

Could any of those be true?
    I certainly hope the part about modding via USB Memory certainly is. That stuff's very handy for modifying Save Files for games such as the Borderlands titles (Which I believe could pass the official import process to the Handsome Jack Collection, but I have yet to check if anyone's performed a "Volcanic Eruption in Sanctuary" or "Legendary Disposal in Overlook" for the 8th-gen version of the games yet), although I'm not well versed in offline accounts/profiles for Xbox One, so I'm not so certain about unlocking multiplayer armours for said profiles in the Halo games. But seeing as those run on Xbox 360 emulation that borderline replicates the older platform and uses saves directly from said console, I'd imagine that could be pulled off (Although my thinking is it involves performing the process on Xbox 360 then Cloud Save importing them onto Xbox One, but it'd be interesting to know if an Xbox 360 is not required). But then again, I'm only referring to Xbox 360 games.

Otherwise, Gamecheat13 has not provided any information relating to his showcase of H2A Pelican flying via his very active Twitter feed yet, so I'm left merely guessing at this point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1173
    February 2016
    233 Posts
    I'm fairly certain most of us are just throwing guesses and scratching our heads after seeing that video. Now if it were a Phantom or the shadow, then yeah. I'll believe him more than I am now if that ever happens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #1174
    January 2009
    1,683 Posts
    Otherwise, Gamecheat13 has not provided any information relating to his showcase of H2A Pelican flying via his very active Twitter feed yet, so I'm left merely guessing at this point.
    He did have this to say though

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

15. Post #1175
    October 2016
    229 Posts
    I think he is plannng something. Something big like that thing with Halo 5

Anyways the Mantis AA gun from Halo 3 is a render model. Not a part of the BSP. The textures have black parts that make it not look right. I'll download the Storm .map and see if it's the same for that. I forgot the AA gun in the Ark level is unfinished. Like they were in the middle of building it before Chief came and attacked. I'll keep you guys updated. I'll also extract the sounds to go with it incase you guys would want to use it for a SFM thing

16. Post #1176
    Gold Member
    May 2013
    3,100 Posts
    So Halo Wars PC releases today. I can't wait to get it when I get home, I want to take a look at the HD Insurrectionist models.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems the character models are almost exactly the same, just a tiny texture res increase. But still, would be neat to get them since they're never seen in any other game.

And some interesting news:

343 Industries posted:
    We won't be blocking or preventing modding of the game unless something arises that causes competitive imbalances or negatively impacts players.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/459220...35718930982332
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #1177

December 2016
    4 Posts
    hello,
    been looking but has anyone been able to get the gravity hammer out of halo 5?

also i know the main characters have been ripped from halo 5 but what about halsey?

18. Post #1178
    July 2014
    103 Posts
    hello,
    been looking but has anyone been able to get the gravity hammer out of halo 5?

also i know the main characters have been ripped from halo 5 but what about halsey?
    From what I know thats a negative, only Player controllable characters were in Forge and thats how they were extracted. Unless for some reason Halsey gets placed in Forge (which would be hilarious) I don't think so.... for now.

19. Post #1179
    February 2016
    233 Posts
    Well, Eloquence got a high poly Tartarus' Gavel put together. It looks better than expected. Also, he was doing a quick port of the Halo reach brutes and drones. And the Banished Locust is almost ready to go.

20. Post #1180
    January 2012
    151 Posts
    He did have this to say though

Ah yes. Yes he did.

I think he is plannng something. Something big like that thing with Halo 5
    There's probably something in testing or progress, hence why no details.

So Halo Wars PC releases today.

And some interesting news: http://steamcommunity.com/app/459220...35718930982332
    They've even made the effort of putting it on record here too: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/n...-now-available

Hopefully some of the Xbox 360 mods I hear cropped up for the game will find their way to PC. I for one am eager to find me audio extraction techniques.

21. Post #1181
    Gold Member
    May 2013
    3,100 Posts
    I for one am eager to find me audio extraction techniques.
    This game uses Audiokinetic Wwise. That means extremely shitty news, and sort of okay news.

I'll hit you with the bad news first: modding audio is not possible and never will be unless you shell out a gorillion dollars for a full WWise SDK.

The "good" news is: extracting audio is just as difficult. It's possible to get playable WAV files, but none of them have any file names. So you have to sit through and play thousands of files one by one just to find what you're looking for.

Every time I see a game use Wwise I die a little inside. It's arguably the most popular audio engine for AAA games, but holy hell it's an absolute cancer for modders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #1182
    I make avatars and stuff!
    July 2009
    2,848 Posts
    This game uses Audiokinetic Wwise. That means extremely shitty news, and sort of okay news.

I'll hit you with the bad news first: modding audio is not possible and never will be unless you shell out a gorillion dollars for a full WWise SDK.

The "good" news is: extracting audio is just as difficult. It's possible to get playable WAV files, but none of them have any file names. So you have to sit through and play thousands of files one by one just to find what you're looking for.

Every time I see a game use Wwise I die a little inside. It's arguably the most popular audio engine for AAA games, but holy hell it's an absolute cancer for modders.
    If sound banks are stored somewhere the file names are usually in them. I have a friend that made a program that will rename them correctly based on those .bnk files. I personally haven't looked at the HW file structure but if its similar to APB Reloaded (which also uses WWise) it shouldn't be too hard to grab the file names. The sound banks could just be a UE3 thing though Im not entirely sure tbh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #1183
    August 2015
    110 Posts
    Kinda off-topic but a mod I'd love to see for HW is a mod that replaces the models w/ more high-poly stuff if possible. That would be super, super cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1184
    July 2015
    1,082 Posts

There's the answer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #1185
    January 2017
    37 Posts
    Would anybody happen to have the Halo 4 (Or Reach, same model) Scorpion for SFM? I can't seem to find it.

26. Post #1186

January 2017
    7 Posts
    People help someone who has a model mammoth (halo 4) https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...20121107234409, thank you in advance.

27. Post #1187
    February 2016
    233 Posts

There's the answer.
    I find this odd though. Has 343 even patched MCC after Halo 5's release? Cause the whole 2 years that I have been on Xbox live, not once have I seen an update for MCC after Halo 5. So why is he worried it will be fixed?

Edited:

People help someone who has a model mammoth (halo 4) https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...20121107234409, thank you in advance.
    Also, to answer your question, Soul made the Mammoth and posted it on SFM Lab. However, I believe it was taken out of the pack.

28. Post #1188

April 2014
    170 Posts
    Also, to answer your question, Soul made the Mammoth and posted it on SFM Lab. However, I believe it was taken out of the pack.
    I think he posted a link back in the V2 thread to a mediafire/[other file hosting site] for the megapack. Not 100% certain of it though. People are free to fact check for me

29. Post #1189
    June 2016
    175 Posts

Finished another model
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #1190
    January 2017
    37 Posts

Finished another model
    Das ist da güd schitt

31. Post #1191
    February 2016
    233 Posts

Well, we managed to get the Locust working, however, the textures we got are low - res. we are going to attempt to upscale them and see how they turn out. If all goes well, expect a release later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #1192
    July 2015
    1,082 Posts
    Re-upload of my Halo 3 ports since the link was apparently not working. Has a few new things in it, I think.

https://mega.nz/#!gIN1CToL!OrhmQ0Zvn...mmHA50J6b5yStE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #1193
    May 2014
    155 Posts
    So recently i have been working on a side project on and off involving the Halo reach ODST's/Marines which started after after corresponding with another gentleman on another forum who wanted to port them to FO4. While the mod is not quite complete i decided to post WIP's of some of the ideas i had planned. Other things include tweaks i have done to the mesh such as slimming the males down and tweaks i have shown before. I can't speak for anyone else but i think the UNSC's physical fitness requirements may have been a little lax on reach, the following image will demonstrate my point.

Before the slimming.
    The following images are of the modified version including camo patterns and matching colors. Other tweaks i attempted were replacing some textures entirely or partially by using textures from halo CEA or halo 4 since they had better resolution. Some textures required that i heavily edit them in PS to get them to their Halo reach default color schemes to overlay patterns and colors better. in the case of the ODST shins i attempted to redo the entire shin by using metal textures and other elements from other halo textures. Luckily the textures for Spartan Adriana in the halo reach files included some of the marine armor textures in higher resolution and were used to replace the lower res versions where applicable. I am not a Photoshop master by any means so i have done what i can with limited skill, and i think they came out well all things considered.

First up the ODST and color variations and after slimming the male down

Classic black: Male and female

The ODST guantlet textures i attempted to upscale and also redid the camo pattern on them

Woodland:
    Desert:
    Some gear i added using parts from halo 4 and COD:
    These are other ideas that i am exploring.
    I hope you guys like them :) (for the love of god please don't quote the whole post!)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

34. Post #1194
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    13,727 Posts
    It looks good although IMO the dudes look too slim now. The vanilla Reach ODSTs and troopers look as bulky as I'd expect them to be from wearing literal plate armor (which probably weighs more than your average platecarrier). They're probably supposed to be super-buff because all they do is sit around at the gym ( much like alot of western armies RL ).

Regardless I do like the look of the guns and the desert skin. Personally I'd go with a slighlty toned down/darker pattern for the woodland skin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #1195
    August 2016
    257 Posts
    I do like the merging of the two assault rifle models. really resembles an assault rifle I saw a concept art for from somewhere

as well as the magnum on the right. looks like something a civilian issued magnum would probably look like.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #1196
    May 2014
    155 Posts
    I do like the merging of the two assault rifle models. really resembles an assault rifle I saw a concept art for from somewhere
    -snip

as well as the magnum on the right. looks like something a civilian issued magnum would probably look like.

-snip
    Is this the concept you are referring to?
    As for the magnum, i was going for a more traditional trigger mostly because i was never a fan of it's default form, the other aspect of it was i wanted the weapon to fit in the holster properly. Simply removing it all together didn't sit right with me because if you tried IRL, you'd run the risk of accidental discharge every time you holstered the weapon. And lastly aesthetics; it simply looks better with the guard and laser attached :D. Luckily with Fo4's upgrade/attachment system there wont be a need for a one or the other kind of choice.

CUSTOMIZATION...FOR EVERYONE!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

37. Post #1197
    I love doge and other memes, please post them on my profile!!!
    June 2012
    7,979 Posts
    Wow, you made things from H4 and COD blend in that i didn't even notice the parts until you pointed it out in your posts. gg on winning against art clashing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

38. Post #1198

April 2014
    170 Posts
    Hey, noobish question coming up which I probably should already know; has anyone posted the raw elite assets from Halo 4/Arbiter assets from Killer Instinct?

39. Post #1199
    August 2016
    257 Posts
    Hey, noobish question coming up which I probably should already know; has anyone posted the raw elite assets from Halo 4/Arbiter assets from Killer Instinct?
    I believe in the early posts of this thread. either in page 1 or 2 someone did that,

40. Post #1200

April 2014
    170 Posts
    I believe in the early posts of this thread. either in page 1 or 2 someone did that,
    Thanks fam