1. Post #2761
    January 2012
    1,159 Posts
    Sadly I'm not too optimistic about H2A models at this point. It's been 3 years now since MCC came out and there's been no sign of progress porting models from it. I know I've said this before but I genuinely believe the reason is because of a lack of interest. The only options at this point that I see is either replicate the models ourselves or hope 343 and Microsoft come to the realization that the XBOX ONE sucks and finally put Halo completely on PC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2762

June 2011
    640 Posts
    Sadly I'm not too optimistic about H2A models at this point. It's been 3 years now since MCC came out and there's been no sign of progress porting models from it. I know I've said this before but I genuinely believe the reason is because of a lack of interest. The only options at this point that I see is either replicate the models ourselves or hope 343 and Microsoft come to the realization that the XBOX ONE sucks and finally put Halo completely on PC.
    Yeah. I think it might be time to let go and see if someone can replicate the model from scratch, because I do not see Microsoft ever porting MCC to PC.

3. Post #2763
    January 2012
    1,159 Posts
    A few weeks ago I tossed out the idea of me doing replicas of Johnson and Miranda keyes now that I have a method for doing it quickly and efficiently. But I haven't gotten around to it yet because, college.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Edge Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #2764
    January 2012
    182 Posts
    No. No one has extracted anything from Halo 2: Anniversary. The only models from it came from Halo: Online, and the new Master Chief model was not one of them.
    Obviously nothing has been ripped from H2A. Thatís not what I was saying. I remember someone showing off some models and the Chief was one of them. It may have been the image that danger wasp showed. Iím fully aware that the Elites are from Killer Instinct, Marines are from Halo: Online and mostly everything else in H2A are updated Reach assets. The only thing that had me was the chief.

There is not much to take from H2A other than the new Chief, Flood and Brutes. A few other things here and there would be nice but itís mostly just repurposed assets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #2765
    July 2015
    1,231 Posts
    Obviously nothing has been ripped from H2A. Thatís not what I was saying. I remember someone showing off some models and the Chief was one of them. It may have been the image that danger wasp showed. Iím fully aware that the Elites are from Killer Instinct, Marines are from Halo: Online and mostly everything else in H2A are updated Reach assets. The only thing that had me was the chief.

There is not much to take from H2A other than the new Chief, Flood and Brutes. A few other things here and there would be nice but itís mostly just repurposed assets.
    There was some dude out there awhile back who somehow obtained many of the models from H2A. He was flaunting them around but didnít want to give them out. The Chief was one of those models. Itís a matter of pestering him or figuring it out on our own.
    ???

6. Post #2766
    August 2016
    380 Posts
    speaking of H2A, reminds me i still have to extract the remaining h2A marine head models from H:O. when i get that done i'll link it here. Been wanting to port Sgt.Banks from H:O/H2A as it has his head model in the files.

7. Post #2767
    January 2017
    53 Posts

What about the Shotgun and SMG from the multiplayer? They're more accurate to the originals than the campaign versions. That'd be worth extracting them for. Too bad that's never going to happen.

8. Post #2768
    August 2016
    380 Posts

ďMarine, did I give you permission to bitch?Ē
    ó Staff Sergeant Marcus Banks

9. Post #2769
    January 2012
    182 Posts
    Yeah ďObtainedĒ.. doesnít mean he had to rip them.

Iíve seen people get models from games that I never thought was possible nor do I know how some people get their hands on this stuff, like for example, the Halo Anniversary Raw BSP files that I donít believe you have access to. Not saying it had to be directly ripped but maybe some other means like how we got the Elite and Marines that I was maybe unaware of.

@Blackhawk

The engine running Halo 2: Anniversary Multiplayer is very similar if not almost the same as Halo 4ís engine. I believe if we ever get the MCC files onto the PC, we will have access to the source files of that part of the game before the singleplayer part.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

10. Post #2770
    February 2010
    842 Posts
    I disagree with the point about the Xbox one sucking. I personally love it, but I do admit, I wish for the ability to snag the models for my own usage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)