1. Post #2361
    August 2016
    354 Posts
    The DE files are baked the same, just with higher resolution textures. It only looks a little better.

Hey Kishdr, what about some aerial units like the Sparrowhawk, Shortsword or Vampire?
    yeah. in the gmod workshop, Hawk ported those vehicles you mentioned.

2. Post #2362
    March 2016
    41 Posts
    The DE files are baked the same, just with higher resolution textures. It only looks a little better.

Hey Kishdr, what about some aerial units like the Sparrowhawk, Shortsword or Vampire?
    I'll see if I can tonight. Have a lot of work ahead of me unfortunately so it might not happen today.

3. Post #2363
    July 2017
    58 Posts
    Not sure, honestly the way they sort this stuff is super confusing when compared to DE, which is sorted and labeled. I'm still trying to find specific things.
    I think I can speak for our whole group when I say we'd love to take a crack at the files ourselves, even if it does take some digging.

A few things I'm looking for include the HW2 Flame Marine & Banished Grunt units (specifically I want the Brute model that goes with that). As well as Sentinel Units.

4. Post #2364
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    7,727 Posts
    I wish the textures on the vehicles weren't so low res. I also wish they had normal maps.
    Well, it is a console RTS from 2009, I'm not really sure what you were expecting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #2365
    November 2015
    133 Posts
    Yes, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1127038688

(Also I did upload a sentinel a couple weeks ago)
    Thanks for the link, but I cannot download the model or textures :/

6. Post #2366
    March 2016
    41 Posts
    Well, it is a console RTS from 2009, I'm not really sure what you were expecting.
    We all know Microsoft had 4k res on the 360s and were hiding it for the Xbox One X /sarcasm

7. Post #2367
    August 2015
    115 Posts
    You have to get a gmod workshop file extracter, like gmad or something like that, to convert the base files into /model and /materials folders for use in source stuff.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, nvm. I thought you were talking about something gmod related before i clicked the link.

8. Post #2368
    May 2017
    125 Posts
    I meant Halo Wars 2. HW is so old. I expect better from a game that came out so recently.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #2369
    July 2015
    1,200 Posts
    Again: RTS.

10. Post #2370
    May 2017
    125 Posts
    Look up the game SpellForce3. It looks stunning. It's an RTS

11. Post #2371
    November 2012
    1,306 Posts
    Look up the game SpellForce3. It looks stunning. It's an RTS
    Models in RTS from a technical level have a couple overlying restrictions to keep in mind. The reduced screenspace they will occupy and the possibly large numbers on screen at a time.
    An optional but encouraged quirk is the exaggeration of larger silhouette details and the total removal of smaller ones.

There are always exceptions of course. But bear in mind a group is never defined by the qualities of its exceptions.

To that end it really should come as no surprise an rts model sacrificed fidelity regardless of the year it was made.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Waterfox Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #2372
    March 2016
    41 Posts
    I just want the Hawk and a Vulture. Maybe a sentinel or three...

Here's the Hawk!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/v6igc2...k+++bomber.rar
    Textures should be in the same archive.

Edited:

Hawk and Shortsword are here!

13. Post #2373

June 2012
    50 Posts

Here's the Hawk!

Edited:

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. If you were able to pull some of the buildings for the UNSC, does that mean you have access to the Covenant and Forerunner ones as well?

14. Post #2374
    March 2016
    41 Posts
    You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. If you were able to pull some of the buildings for the UNSC, does that mean you have access to the Covenant and Forerunner ones as well?
    I should have access to everything. The issue I'm running into is

1) Folders are missing the models
    2) Folders are missing the textures
    3) The script can't port the model

For the ONI Command Tower on the Rhino mission, the script errored loading it. Same thing with any Flood models from Halo Wars 2. For the buildings on Arcadia, the folders were missing the models, others were missing the textures.

15. Post #2375

June 2012
    50 Posts
    I should have access to everything. The issue I'm running into is

1) Folders are missing the models
    2) Folders are missing the textures
    3) The script can't port the model

For the ONI Command Tower on the Rhino mission, the script errored loading it. Same thing with any Flood models from Halo Wars 2. For the buildings on Arcadia, the folders were missing the models, others were missing the textures.
    In previous experience of working with the Halo Map files, I remember there being a master folder, or Shared.Map that held the majority of the files that could potentially be missing in others. When you loaded another map, such as the Sandtrap.Map from the Halo 3 Archive into Adjutant, it would pull data from the Shared.Map to display the info.

In the archive that was posted a few pages back for Halo Wars 2, there was a .pkg for single player or campaign enemies that had a number of the same models as the leader archives. Could be, that what you're looking for may be present in a master file like those. But that's just conjecture from my end.

16. Post #2376
    March 2016
    41 Posts
    In previous experience of working with the Halo Map files, I remember there being a master folder, or Shared.Map that held the majority of the files that could potentially be missing in others. When you loaded another map, such as the Sandtrap.Map from the Halo 3 Archive into Adjutant, it would pull data from the Shared.Map to display the info.

In the archive that was posted a few pages back for Halo Wars 2, there was a .pkg for single player or campaign enemies that had a number of the same models as the leader archives. Could be, that what you're looking for may be present in a master file like those. But that's just conjecture from my end.
    My issues are with using the Shared Scenario / Shared files.

As in, I'm using the Shared folder and not finding these models/textures.

Edited:

Also here's the accurate(?) size of the Hawk based on scaling it up, lore says they have a pilot and a gunner. Thing's pretty big.

17. Post #2377

June 2012
    50 Posts
    My issues are with using the Shared Scenario / Shared files.

As in, I'm using the Shared folder and not finding these models/textures.

Edited:

Also here's the accurate(?) size of the Hawk based on scaling it up, lore says they have a pilot and a gunner. Thing's pretty big.

What about replacing the pilots with the marines from HW2?

18. Post #2378
    March 2016
    41 Posts
    What about replacing the pilots with the marines from HW2?
    I could, but this was just something for interest since on the discord we were talking about real life scaling of the HW models.

Edited:

I meant Halo Wars 2. HW is so old. I expect better from a game that came out so recently.

I don't think the textures are that horrible. This is an image of the Vulture rescaled to its actual size and it looks great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #2379
    February 2010
    824 Posts
    Brilliant! Now all I have to do is remake em.

20. Post #2380
    March 2016
    41 Posts
    Brilliant! Now all I have to do is remake em.
    What're you gonna do with the remade ones?

21. Post #2381
    February 2015
    25 Posts
    HW:DE has better textures and bad models. HW2 has horrible textures but very decent models.... LOGIC
    Actually, the textures in HW2 are, (when extracted correctly) in 2K. The reason the textures are so low-res right now is that of the BMS script.

Currently working on a script to import the HW:DE models. Kinda sucks to see my name removed from the bms script I wrote though. :\
    Speaking of which, sorry to hear that, can't see the reason as to why since no one else took credit for it (fortunately I suppose?).
    But while you are here, do you have a solution or any idea for getting the high-res texture with the BMS script? Could it be that it just unpacks the textures from a low mesh?
    I know it's possible of course, but I'm not sure if there's an alternative version which does that.

edit here's the textures for the goblin, the model is still linked x amount of pages back. (too lazy to include it in the zip)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8i13ooqaz53fm2d/goblintex%20LTurmoil47.7z?dl=0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #2382
    May 2017
    125 Posts
    Actually, the textures in HW2 are, (when extracted correctly) in 2K. The reason the textures are so low-res right now is that of the BMS script.
    I thought that they Looked really bad compared to the gameplay I was looking at.

23. Post #2383

June 2012
    50 Posts
    So it looks like the Alpha archives are locked behind the typical .xex framework native to Xbox 360 games, but once cracked it should be possible to extract the files from within. Besides that, good show on the progress so far, everyone.

24. Post #2384

July 2016
    22 Posts

Here's the Hawk!

Edited:

These are awesome! Hate to be that guy, but I'm running an older version of Max. Any chance you could upload these under a different format or earlier version? obj, 3ds, fbx, I'll take whatever. I would be extremely grateful!

25. Post #2385
    February 2010
    824 Posts
    What're you gonna do with the remade ones?
    Probably release them to the public.

26. Post #2386
    March 2016
    41 Posts
    These are awesome! Hate to be that guy, but I'm running an older version of Max. Any chance you could upload these under a different format or earlier version? obj, 3ds, fbx, I'll take whatever. I would be extremely grateful!
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/jl41sb...shortsword.rar

Try that, it should be a FBX. For textures you might have to download the previous file

Edited:

So it looks like the Alpha archives are locked behind the typical .xex framework native to Xbox 360 games, but once cracked it should be possible to extract the files from within. Besides that, good show on the progress so far, everyone.
    No clue as to how we would do that. I took a shot at decrypting but all the tutorials are for JTAG xbox 360s, not changing the file format to an exe so we can use PhxTool to open up the files

27. Post #2387
    March 2016
    41 Posts
    I think I can speak for our whole group when I say we'd love to take a crack at the files ourselves, even if it does take some digging.

A few things I'm looking for include the HW2 Flame Marine & Banished Grunt units (specifically I want the Brute model that goes with that). As well as Sentinel Units.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y2bymp...ametrooper.rar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #2388

June 2012
    50 Posts
    So I just picked up a copy of the DE, how are you able to decompile the .era files that contain the model files? Unlike HW2, there are no .pkg files to open.

29. Post #2389
    March 2016
    41 Posts
    So I just picked up a copy of the DE, how are you able to decompile the .era files that contain the model files? Unlike HW2, there are no .pkg files to open.
    You would use the Pheonix tool created by Konerstudios. I couldn't find a link to his site (oddly, had no issues before) but there is a download on the modding discord I use for HW https://discord.gg/rbenyaN

30. Post #2390

June 2012
    50 Posts
    You would use the Pheonix tool created by Konerstudios. I couldn't find a link to his site (oddly, had no issues before) but there is a download on the modding discord I use for HW https://discord.gg/rbenyaN
    Thanks, Kornmann always finds a way. This should come in handy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #2391
    February 2016
    265 Posts
    Ok, to clarify, there are not any base banished or unsc stuff from the Halo Wars 2 Archive. Swedish Mudkip informed me when I addressed the issue. Everything seems to be DLC and Leader only stuff. Like the Goblin, Goliaths, Ripa, ect., those are what you'll find in the archive we provided.

I was informed that Corra might have the base game files uploaded here a few months ago, but had lost track on what page it was located.

32. Post #2392

July 2016
    22 Posts
    [QUOTE=kishdr;52785578]http://www.mediafire.com/file/jl41sb...shortsword.rar

You rock! Thanks!

33. Post #2393
    March 2016
    41 Posts
    [QUOTE=EnderClevion;52787109] Glad to hear! I'll try to export them all as FBXs for now on

34. Post #2394
    May 2017
    125 Posts

Ported these today
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

35. Post #2395
    March 2016
    41 Posts

snip

Ported these today
    looks fabulous!

36. Post #2396
    December 2016
    97 Posts
    Anybody ever rip the Guns from Halo 5? I just wanted to try fiddling with the models, do some non-regulation modifications.

37. Post #2397
    October 2016
    282 Posts
    Anybody ever rip the Guns from Halo 5? I just wanted to try fiddling with the models, do some non-regulation modifications.
    Spnkr With Silencer

38. Post #2398
    August 2016
    354 Posts
    Spnkr With Silencer
    lol. that sounds dangerous in the wrong way possible! both barrels with a silencer...May as well be a bomb! xD