1. Post #1761
    February 2017
    104 Posts
    someone needs to make a powered hanging monorail car with a tiny little engine that swings around when it goes around curves
    Was planning to do that, but the chip I was using didn't swing around and stuff.
    I might make something like the Wuppertal railway, who knows :P

Ogh god, new page!? errrrrm gotta think of something shit

Redid tailights on Junior, because one year anniversary or something is coming up.
    and

Trabant 1.1s are the new meta.

So errm, welcome to

I guess.

2. Post #1762
    September 2016
    122 Posts
    Content? Content.
    Turret looks a bit 'dark' for now because PAC3
    Also it'll be hell for me to convert it to E2 because of holoclips and I have to manually invert ~9 domes in e2 unless Cheese wants to help (because inverting shit in pac and making size -1 makes stuff super fast and easy)
    Already doing a bit of hull detail over on the engine part:
    This is my first time doing a 'proper and realistic' cast design btw so don't judge too badly if I suck at PAC

You know I'm fine with turrets or parts of hulls being holo to make them as accurate as possible, But only if it looks remotely correct. That turret really dosen't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1763
    January 2016
    7 Posts
    Uh hello? I'm very new to the whole ACF community and I was told that I can get some answers/help here. Tryin to build a Tiger H1 and I could use some tips from pros. This my first ACF tonk ;-;

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Serbia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #1764
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    9,850 Posts
    looks like you already know what you're doing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #1765
    January 2016
    7 Posts
    looks like you already know what you're doing
    Thanks,but that's just visuals. When it comes to functionality I can't make a goddamn box move in a straight line. That's what I meant.

6. Post #1766
    Needs more suspension.
    February 2006
    5,303 Posts
    I would change the colors to a more brown color imo. The gun and surrounding bits being different shades is weird
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #1767
    January 2016
    7 Posts
    I would change the colors to a more brown color imo. The gun and surrounding bits being different shades is weird
    It's gunna use the Feldgrau camo for the final product,I just colored it like this for now so I know how to properly distribute the armor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Serbia Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

8. Post #1768
    January 2017
    27 Posts
    i lied sherman isn't finished
    modelled the suspension and now it has a roof-mounted .50 and a hull mg thanks to lenin

also started on a T-50

and my old shilka is now detailed and works

there's also the ZSU-23-4M4 with the dual igla rocket pods, just slapped some stingers on the back and improved its engine
    and inside the shilka I tried something new, I made some E2s into large boxes and holo'd some computers and shit into them to make it look neat and now it's easy to disable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Steam United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

9. Post #1769
    January 2017
    48 Posts
    Quick little 2 hour build going to finish the cockpit tomorrow and fiddle with fin to get it flying

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #1770
    February 2017
    104 Posts
    making the gas station out of Jalopy

*edit*
    Progress
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #1771
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,377 Posts
    making the gas station out of Jalopy

*edit*
    Progress
    Will one be able to build an empire out of stealing gasoline and trading up on the price of stöff and Prachtvott Rot?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #1772
    February 2017
    104 Posts
    Will one be able to build an empire out of stealing gasoline and trading up on the price of stöff and Prachtvott Rot?
    Coffee beans, five thousand toolkits, a packet of tobacco and one crowbar coming right up!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #1773
    January 2016
    7 Posts
    Have a hologram 88mm,proper size,but at the cost of not being able to color the gun and not having a recoil animation...

OR

Have a legit 100mm gun sticking out of the mantlet like a giant dong?

14. Post #1774
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,325 Posts
    Go with the 100mm and give it a new Ausf one notch past what the real tank used. Call it a theoretical/prototype vehicle where they were experimenting with larger guns.

Hell, you could even use the Soviet muzzle brake and call it a field experiment tiger mounting the gun from an SU-100.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #1775
    January 2016
    7 Posts
    Go with the 100mm and give it a new Ausf one notch past what the real tank used. Call it a theoretical/prototype vehicle where they were experimenting with larger guns.

Hell, you could even use the Soviet muzzle brake and call it a field experiment tiger mounting the gun from an SU-100.
    Hey good idea,but I'm thinking about making a separate version with that. Kinda like what they did with the 10.5cm Tiger II. However,I'm trying to make a Tiger H1...so yeah. :P

EDIT: Also,I forgot holos are colorable lol

16. Post #1776
    April 2016
    464 Posts
    ACF Guns have parent attachments on their models, you can do this:

Code:
    holoParentAttachment(1, Gun,"Muzzle")
    To have whatever holo 1 is move with the muzzle, which coincidentally has the recoil animation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1777
    December 2014
    287 Posts
    Привет товарищи

"Soviet T55A on training mission - 1970"

الله أكبر!

سوريا الحرة!

"Syrian T55As roll out to push forward on ISIS positions"

Hey all, basically I finished my T55A. What I call my "hero" version, as I made on in the past and it wasnt super good.

She packs a 100mm Д-10Т2С and a 7.62mm ПКМ. 36 tons, 500hp. A blast to drive.

Gunner also hase IR sights for night operations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 6Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

18. Post #1778
    January 2016
    7 Posts
    ACF Guns have parent attachments on their models, you can do this:

Code:
    holoParentAttachment(1, Gun,"Muzzle")
    To have whatever holo 1 is move with the muzzle, which coincidentally has the recoil animation.
    Thanks!

19. Post #1779
    April 2014
    213 Posts
    I made a public radio e2 to put in cars

It outputs a string for the link, which can be used in stream radio

Code:
    @name Radio
    @inputs Next Prev Active
    @outputs Song String:string Title:string
    @persist Files:array Dur Line:array
    @trigger Next Prev Active

#[
    Please fucking read this i don't wanna help you do things that i've already listed in here cause you're too lazy to read this..

Link the stream radio "Stream URL" to the chips String output
    Link the stream radio "Play" and the chips "Active" to a toggle input
    Link Next and Prev to inputs to change song

Make .txt document at /garrysmod/data/e2files/ named "radio"

Variables are split by "," in the document
    A song should look somewhat like: 

1,230500,http://megan-allen.memory-of.com/uploads/audios/audio633701952397827500.mp3,Seven Nation Army

This is my first song in my radio.
    The first number is the song number, first = 1 and so on

The second number is the song length in milliseconds, so 5 minutes is 300000 milliseconds
    The number makes sure that the radio switches song when the song is over.

The string is the string for the stream radio, outputted by "String:string"

The fourth variable in this case "Seven Nation Army" will be outputted according to the current song.
    The first number doesnt actually matter, however it makes changing songs and links easier, since many links expire after time.

You cannot upload music from youtube or soundcloud, and i wouldnt reccomend using "youtubeinmp4", since their links expire after time.
    I use "musicpleer.audio/" to copy links for all my songs.

You can download my radio that i use for all my cars. I might update it and i might not...

https://pastebin.com/hd0uDSG5

good luck o/

oh and also be sure to validate your links once in a while and replace broken ones
    ]#

if(dupefinished()){reset()}
    if(first()){runOnFile(1),Song=1,fileLoad("radio.txt")}
    if(fileClk()){Files=fileRead():explode("\n")}
    if(changed(Next)&Next){Song=Song+1},if(changed(Prev)&Prev){Song=Song-1}
    if(Song>=Files:count()+1){Song=1},if(Song<=0){Song=Files:count()}
    if((changed(Song)&Active)|(Active&changed(Active))|first()){
        Line = Files[Song,string]:explode(",")
        Dur = Line[2,string]:toNumber()
        String = Line[3,string]
        Title = Line[4,string]
    if(Dur!=0){timer("continue",Dur)}}
    if(clk("continue")&Active){Song=Song+1}

#Wow that was short, wasn't it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 New Opera Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

20. Post #1780
    January 2017
    48 Posts
    todays project is *drum roll pls*

who can guess what car this is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

21. Post #1781
    April 2014
    213 Posts

america in its purest form

gumpert apollo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 New Opera Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #1782
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,325 Posts
    I made a public radio e2 to put in cars

It outputs a string for the link, which can be used in stream radio

Code:
    @name Radio
    @inputs Next Prev Active
    @outputs Song String:string Title:string
    @persist Files:array Dur Line:array
    @trigger Next Prev Active

#[
    Please fucking read this i don't wanna help you do things that i've already listed in here cause you're too lazy to read this..

Link the stream radio "Stream URL" to the chips String output
    Link the stream radio "Play" and the chips "Active" to a toggle input
    Link Next and Prev to inputs to change song

Make .txt document at /garrysmod/data/e2files/ named "radio"

Variables are split by "," in the document
    A song should look somewhat like: 

1,230500,http://megan-allen.memory-of.com/uploads/audios/audio633701952397827500.mp3,Seven Nation Army

This is my first song in my radio.
    The first number is the song number, first = 1 and so on

The second number is the song length in milliseconds, so 5 minutes is 300000 milliseconds
    The number makes sure that the radio switches song when the song is over.

The string is the string for the stream radio, outputted by "String:string"

The fourth variable in this case "Seven Nation Army" will be outputted according to the current song.
    The first number doesnt actually matter, however it makes changing songs and links easier, since many links expire after time.

You cannot upload music from youtube or soundcloud, and i wouldnt reccomend using "youtubeinmp4", since their links expire after time.
    I use "musicpleer.audio/" to copy links for all my songs.

You can download my radio that i use for all my cars. I might update it and i might not...

https://pastebin.com/hd0uDSG5

good luck o/

oh and also be sure to validate your links once in a while and replace broken ones
    ]#

if(dupefinished()){reset()}
    if(first()){runOnFile(1),Song=1,fileLoad("radio.txt")}
    if(fileClk()){Files=fileRead():explode("\n")}
    if(changed(Next)&Next){Song=Song+1},if(changed(Prev)&Prev){Song=Song-1}
    if(Song>=Files:count()+1){Song=1},if(Song<=0){Song=Files:count()}
    if((changed(Song)&Active)|(Active&changed(Active))|first()){
        Line = Files[Song,string]:explode(",")
        Dur = Line[2,string]:toNumber()
        String = Line[3,string]
        Title = Line[4,string]
    if(Dur!=0){timer("continue",Dur)}}
    if(clk("continue")&Active){Song=Song+1}

#Wow that was short, wasn't it?
    can it play live eradio or just locally stored stuff?

23. Post #1783
    October 2015
    92 Posts

Is it a Mopar?

24. Post #1784
    January 2017
    48 Posts
    Is it a Mopar?
    yup

25. Post #1785
    October 2015
    92 Posts
    Plymouth barracuda?

26. Post #1786
    January 2017
    48 Posts
    Plymouth barracuda?
    yup lol

27. Post #1787
    January 2017
    48 Posts
    little update just need to make it drive now

28. Post #1788
    April 2014
    213 Posts
    can it play live eradio or just locally stored stuff?
    This is only made to play local links, however if you set one of them to the live radio and set the duration to a really high number then i think it works
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 New Opera Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #1789
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,747 Posts
    Looks nice but you really need to use any other colour than dark gray / black. In GMod, it sucks out all the life and soul of an otherwise very nice shape since the curvature just blends together and becomes a big blob. Paint it any other colour on the spectrum and give it some chrome to contrast it - will make it pop much more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPad Chrome Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1790
    Needs more suspension.
    February 2006
    5,303 Posts
    Why is cheez' T55a being rated dumb? It's gorgeous

Also, 8x8 APC I plan to release, but I need more ideas for vehicles. Terminator suggested a modern light tank.

It's 26t, amphibious, speedy, and can carry around 8 dudes with some thick, but brittle armor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #1791
    April 2014
    213 Posts
    -snip-

32. Post #1792
    September 2016
    27 Posts
    Progress has been made.
    Turret container thingies isn't complete yet obviously, but it's coming together real nicely for me. So hyped to see this badgirl get painted in action because it looks ugly as hell with sprops material.
    The 2a46m looks sick though. Thanks AW models for being gorgeous.

Once i'm done with it i'll move on to its brothers, sisters and cousins. (t72b m84 t72s t72b3? Asad Babil, bmt-72 and so on.)

Also something extra.

33. Post #1793
    January 2017
    48 Posts
    Looks nice but you really need to use any other colour than dark gray / black. In GMod, it sucks out all the life and soul of an otherwise very nice shape since the curvature just blends together and becomes a big blob. Paint it any other colour on the spectrum and give it some chrome to contrast it - will make it pop much more.

34. Post #1794
    February 2017
    104 Posts
    Code:
    I see a mopar and I want to paint it BLACK

35. Post #1795
    January 2017
    48 Posts
    Left or Right?

36. Post #1796
    September 2016
    122 Posts
    Why is cheez' T55a being rated dumb? It's gorgeous
    Because it's a ridiculous amount of props/holos

Anyway, working on a M8 AGS/Thunderbolt ll/Buford

The 3d model next to it is from AW, its shit and broken and only using it for hull angles and scale.

It's 26t, amphibious
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)