1. Post #2521
    January 2017
    101 Posts
    at the very least bank your corners
    Generally speaking, making accurate roads in hammer is both tedious and doesn't really end up working all that well in-game.

edit: o scheiße pageking have some content

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2522
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    10,000 Posts
    you are weak
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Show Events Funny x 3Useful x 1Informative x 1Friendly x 1Agree x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #2523
    October 2015
    111 Posts
    you are weak
    Not like you post yourself, or that you actually have anything constructive to say, other than being salty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #2524
    October 2008
    665 Posts
    when i say flat, btw i don't mean hilly

not counting potholes and other reasons a road's surface would be anything less than perfect
    at the very least bank your corners
    Generally speaking, making accurate roads in hammer is both tedious and doesn't really end up working all that well in-game.
    Thank you for the feedback!

Realistic roads don't fit on garry's mod, I mean have you ever tried the physics on this game? I have some plans to diversify the roads, like:

- randomly placing road repair sections (eating up one or more lanes, forcing detours..)
    - sand tracks (displacements, so total control on suspension here)
    - holes/bumps around the roads on the map
    - ramps/tunnels
    - suspension testing and etc..

I mean, this is a fresh map, not an apocalypse themed one with f***ed roads everywhere.

For banking, if I had more space I would make a race track with it, but well.. I have a huge brush count just to make some smooth 16 sides turns..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #2525
    March 2014
    151 Posts

Made a car transporter for the defender!

It looks really good in my opinion. But it works like shit, apparently trailers don't work in gmod. I think?

If someone knows a way to let trailers for cars work in gmod, let me know!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

6. Post #2526
    February 2017
    256 Posts
    landie trailer hta90s-d89a-0s
    What's the problem with your trailer? Tries to overtake you or something? What constraints do you use it to connect to the car?
    (also may I ask, is that a 110 or a 130 you made there?)

7. Post #2527

October 2015
    140 Posts
    2005 Ford Expedition

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

8. Post #2528
    October 2014
    130 Posts
    Things
    Had more time to put into projects, so here's some of them

1997 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type RA GC8    I like long names   , 287 props, basically made to dick around with boxer engines and because I wasn't happy with my old 22B.

1969 Datsun 240Z 432. 267 props and probably the most frustrating headlights I've ever done tied with the Celica.

This thing lost a company a lot of money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

9. Post #2529
    August 2014
    256 Posts
    i love it

10. Post #2530

October 2015
    140 Posts

sus on the trailer and PA ballsocket the base of the trailer to the base of the car/truck.

11. Post #2531
    April 2016
    505 Posts
    I know a good rope system for trailers, but I'm not at my computer, I'll see if I can post the method w/ pictures later.

12. Post #2532
    February 2017
    256 Posts
    I know a good rope system for trailers, but I'm not at my computer, I'll see if I can post the method w/ pictures later.
    There was an earlier post in this thread that some guy uploaded a trailer roping e2. I've yet to dig it up though.

Edited:

sus on the trailer and PA ballsocket the base of the trailer to the base of the car/truck.
    I find that normal standard ballsocket works just as well, but PA is good enough.

13. Post #2533
    March 2014
    151 Posts
    What's the problem with your trailer? Tries to overtake you or something? What constraints do you use it to connect to the car?
    (also may I ask, is that a 110 or a 130 you made there?)
    Its a 110, It starts to wobble really bad above ~60 km/h
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #2534

October 2015
    140 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Useful Useful x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #2535
    October 2008
    665 Posts
    So.. this is a demo of what you can see while driving on Sprint II, What do you guys think of the immersion ? is it believable enough ?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

16. Post #2536
    February 2012
    142 Posts
    i think it looks a little dull, especially the road driving
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #2537
    October 2014
    90 Posts
    trumpets

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Winner Winner x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #2538

October 2015
    140 Posts
    2005 Ford Expedition 380 props

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

19. Post #2539

February 2016
    1 Posts

Mitsubishi evo VIII
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 7Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #2540

November 2017
    1 Posts

Redesign the front
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

21. Post #2541
    February 2012
    142 Posts
    please do the whole thread a favor and use tags.

mini content - bmp thing

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #2542

February 2017
    12 Posts
    I have been wanting to make a Hummel for some time now, and I finally made one.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Steam Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

23. Post #2543
    Thunderstorm Enthusiast
    February 2009
    576 Posts
    Been hearing a misconception going around recently and I'd like to hopefully clear this up with those who have been erroneously making this claim.
    The rope effect from wiring two different wiremod components, 0 width or not, should not/does not cause any server performance impact. The only part the server takes is communicating the two end point positions of the connection between the components, the rest is done by the clientside render library.
    I don't want to start any drama, I've just heard that some people have been using this as a reason to get mad at those who don't put their wire components directly on their vehicle.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong as I'm open to learning something new if this an actual issue that hasn't been touched on frequently before.

Content so I'm at least a little bit on topic - I did a little bit more work on that Bell 206, but I'm lacking motivation so time to stare at it for hours pretending to work on it.

24. Post #2544
    January 2017
    101 Posts
    stunt ramp number 3.

mobility is on the lower end, maneuverability is clunky and the armor is squishy but its enough to soak up shots and that 120 is D E L I C I O U S.
    i might try to stuff it all into a slightly more compact package to see if it can be done.

(still technically a wip because hull details and the interior layout isnt set in stone, is more of a learning experience than a true mbt)

25. Post #2545
    November 2014
    18 Posts
    Whats better then a car? a car made out of fridge doors!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #2546
    August 2014
    256 Posts
    Chilling.

27. Post #2547
    February 2012
    142 Posts
    wire ropes or whatever
    someone should just peek in the lua files and check how it all works, or better yet ask a wire dev

28. Post #2548
    May 2011
    357 Posts
    It won't affect the server, but it will be drawing shadows if you stretch it across a big map, and tank your fps. Eventually it'll crash you too with really high memory usage.

Maps with dynamic shadows disabled won't have this issue.

Edited:

This seems to be fixed actually? I can't reproduce it now

29. Post #2549
    Thunderstorm Enthusiast
    February 2009
    576 Posts
    It won't affect the server, but it will be drawing shadows if you stretch it across a big map, and tank your fps. Eventually it'll crash you too with really high memory usage.

Maps with dynamic shadows disabled won't have this issue.

Edited:

This seems to be fixed actually? I can't reproduce it now
    Must have been changed at some point as from what I see the ropes are created with render.DrawBeam which definitely won't cast shadows (unless I've been misinformed).
    From what I can get out of looking at the Wiremod code, the beams aren't even created if the width is set to 0 so even if that issue is a problem, most reasonable people will have the width set to 0.

30. Post #2550
    Dennab
    November 2017
    54 Posts
    Would SAVES count here?

(I would guess it wouldn't, it can easily fly under "ragdoll posing")

31. Post #2551
    August 2013
    612 Posts
    Would SAVES count here?

(I would guess it wouldn't, it can easily fly under "ragdoll posing")
    To quote the OP:
    This is the WIP thread, a thread dedicated to posting your GMod contraptions (this does not include ragdoll posing!).
    For Ragdoll posing check out this thread: Click me yo

32. Post #2552

July 2016
    4 Posts
    CONTENT OF THE DUMP VARIETY

Camo E2 schemes

20T 122mm howi. soaks damage like a champ.

old stargate wip

DO YOU LIKE. MY CAR?

^I only made the holo logo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #2553
    Dennab
    November 2017
    54 Posts
    So.. this is a demo of what you can see while driving on Sprint II, What do you guys think of the immersion ? is it believable enough ?

It ain't bad. World color certainly is nice.

How far out into the desert can you go? I've been looking for places that can go out quite far, mostly for chase scenes.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a night time version. (Night time should be pitch black, I like setting up lamp posts with the lamps because then you get shadows casting realistically under light, and it looks nice, 'specially in machinimas.

34. Post #2554
    November 2014
    20 Posts
    Canberra-class landing helicopter dock L02 60% done

This carrier will stay static, it will have detailed interior of the bridge room and operations room. Walkable deck as well, everything is enabled collision. No constraints.
    Current propcount is 450

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

35. Post #2555
    January 2017
    101 Posts

fourth fuckin russian tonk this week i swear ill stop after this one.

also what weapon do you guys use for main battle tanks?
    I've seen most of them using 120s but I've heard 155 howitzers and 120 and 140 short cannons are viable. What are their strengths and weaknesses?
    I ask because I find that every single shot I take with the 120 harmlessly bounces off of even light targets.

36. Post #2556
    October 2008
    665 Posts
    It ain't bad. World color certainly is nice.

How far out into the desert can you go? I've been looking for places that can go out quite far, mostly for chase scenes.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a night time version. (Night time should be pitch black, I like setting up lamp posts with the lamps because then you get shadows casting realistically under light, and it looks nice, 'specially in machinimas.
    This "highway circle" is pretty much the limit of the boundaries of the map, which is the hammer limit.

Night time can be controlled with Nak's StormFox addon, unless a port for SFM is made for this map.