1. Post #1361
    October 2014
    88 Posts
    nevermind
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1362
    February 2017
    243 Posts

I might do something called "lombada eletrônica".
    Electronic Spine
    Electronic Spikes

Thanks Google Translate

Right, so in english they're usually either "country roads", "A roads" "Single Carriageways" (you get the point).

So speed cameras and crap! Sounds good! Has been done before in wiremod by a guy called Pleb so shouldn't be too hard in hammer. You could just make points for people to put in their own or something. Idk. I'm not a big wizard at public planning and civil engineering tbh.

Speed Cameras just in case people don't know them:

^If you were caught doing 45mph in a 25 zone, I'm appalled by you^

Just in case people don't know what a Single Carriageway is:

(One near me, called "Fosse Way". A motorway so secret its not on any maps coz its roman and shit. [edit: Nope, that's the M96 kid, get yer facts straight])

Aight that should be enough WIP posts from me for now, I'm just going to spectate what you guys make xD

Edited:

Btw, yep, "The Spine Electronic equipment is installed on highways that detects and visually indicates the speed of motor vehicles."

It actually thinks its called spine.
    I hope I don't find out I have miniature ones in my spine implants or else I wont be able to run without some robotic voice saying "y o u w e n t t o o f a s t"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #1363

September 2016
    14 Posts
    Anyone know how to import spawned props into PAC3?
    I tried "record surrounding props to pac" but it messes up and grabs props from the map.

4. Post #1364
    July 2013
    334 Posts
    Funny, cause one of these fuckers caught me last week.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #1365
    February 2017
    243 Posts
    Tell me about it -_-

6. Post #1366
    October 2008
    657 Posts
    Electronic Spine
    Right, so in english they're usually either "country roads", "A roads" "Single Carriageways" (you get the point).

So speed cameras and crap! Sounds good! Has been done before in wiremod by a guy called Pleb so shouldn't be too hard in hammer. You could just make points for people to put in their own or something. Idk. I'm not a big wizard at public planning and civil engineering tbh.

Just in case people don't know what a Single Carriageway is:

(One near me, called "Fosse Way". A motorway so secret its not on any maps coz its roman and shit. [edit: Nope, that's the M96 kid, get yer facts straight])

Edited:

Btw, yep, "The Spine Electronic equipment is installed on highways that detects and visually indicates the speed of motor vehicles."

It actually thinks its called spine.
    I hope I don't find out I have miniature ones in my spine implants or else I wont be able to run without some robotic voice saying "y o u w e n t t o o f a s t"
    Eletronic Spine Literally translating it would sound like "Eletronic Speed Bump" or something like that, it's a pole with cameras and a display on each side and sensors on the ground that detects the velocity and takes a plate photo if you go above the limit.
    I'm as well almost got caught by one of this sneak bastards last trip.

I forgot but this works for the highway as well, so I might replace speed cameras for this ones with displays on them, I'll have to make some lua tricks for the segment display but it will work xD

I would like to know what you guys want in this build & drive map ! So let me know of any ideas you have.

Some tunnel progress:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

7. Post #1367
    February 2017
    243 Posts
    I'm not sure if you can still do it but what about some kind of showroom like in sprint beta? That was brilliant for taking screenshots and stuff. Perhaps stick it near the gas stations or (even more daring) in a alcove in the tunnel (OK forget about that xD)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1368
    December 2014
    304 Posts
    If only GMod's sound engine was good enough for reverb inside tunnels, and I'd just call it a speed camera, it just shows you your speed and is more clearer to see so there's incentive to slow down.

Looks good though! I'd like some garages though for building incase server owners set this as the main map and it's just good practice for sandbox maps.

Also are those roads displacements or just edited brushes.

EDIT

I got bored and updated my old GAZ Tiger, new coat of paint, new shiney Red Star and slight optimisation aswell as armour.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #1369
    September 2016
    151 Posts
    aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Light tank ikv 91 thing progress.

Poor Karbine

Also coming soon underground near you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #1370
    February 2017
    243 Posts
    aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Light tank ikv 91 thing progress.

Poor Karbine

Also coming soon underground near you.
    Wolfenstein?!?!

Edited:

Mein LIEBEN

11. Post #1371
    December 2014
    1,260 Posts
    Experimental train.
    Comes with ATO (automatic operation) using E2, both stopping only (6:37) and departure to stop (5:00) and some suspension using hydraulic. Map is gm_mus_orange_metro_h, and train interacts with signalling through metrostroi subway base.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Waterfox Japan Show Events Winner Winner x 8Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #1372
    February 2016
    52 Posts

Not sure what to say about this

It's powered by a Navistar DT350

It's pretty long
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #1373
    October 2015
    110 Posts
    I finished my age old Jaguar MkII. So here it is.

Alot of inaccuracies, but it runs and shit, so i can't complain that much, and for trivia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #1374
    December 2014
    316 Posts
    I finished my age old Jaguar MkII. So here it is.

nice jaguar,just a idea ,with some few modification from the side and roof you could make this version

Jaguar XK140 Roadster,even being 10 years older the front still the same.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #1375
    September 2016
    151 Posts
    Wolfenstein?!?!

Edited:

Mein LIEBEN
    No just an underground bunker me, kyle, aki, enter made inside a mountain on buttes. Pics and video sooon.
    Ofcourse Aki had to make it a Nazi Bunker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

16. Post #1376
    December 2014
    304 Posts

إخواننا وجدت دبابة جديدة!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1377
    February 2017
    243 Posts
    No just an underground bunker me, kyle, aki, enter made inside a mountain on buttes. Pics and video sooon.
    Ofcourse Aki had to make it a Nazi Bunker.
    Of course

18. Post #1378

November 2011
    87 Posts
    Made another attachment systems for whatever vehicle you happen to use.

It works somewhat like War Thunder's towing system in that you can attach the rope anywhere to a vehicle and is not bound to specific points (unlike my previous system). It does, however, require you as a player (or anyone else, for that matter) to actually "manually" attach it. Easy enough to set up, both the Attachment point and the prop you are attaching to have to be parented to gates if they are going to be parented. It does, of course, handle unparented things as well.

GIF of the system in action:

Code:
    @name Rope Attachment System
    @inputs [AttachmentPoint]:entity
    @persist [State]:number [Base Player Attachment AttachmentParent]:entity
    @trigger none 

#Made by Bad_idea
    #Version 1.08

if (changed(AttachmentPoint)&&!first()) {reset()}

if (first()|dupefinished()) {
        State = 1
        enableConstraintUndo(0)
        if (AttachmentPoint:parent()) {
            if (AttachmentPoint:parent():parent()) {
                Base = AttachmentPoint:parent():parent()
                } elseif (AttachmentPoint:parent():isConstrainedTo()) {
                Base = AttachmentPoint:parent():isConstrainedTo()
                } else {
                Base = AttachmentPoint
                }
        } else {
            Base = AttachmentPoint
        }
        holoCreate(1)
        holoPos(1,AttachmentPoint:toWorld(vec(0,0,0)))
        holoAng(1,AttachmentPoint:toWorld(ang(0,0,0)))
        holoScale(1,vec(1,1,1))
        holoModel(1,"sphere")
        holoColor(1,vec(255,0,0))
        holoAlpha(1,0)
        holoParent(1,AttachmentPoint)
    }

if (State == 1) {
        foreach (I,E:entity=players()) {
            if(E:aimEntity() == AttachmentPoint && E:keyUse()&& E:pos():distance(AttachmentPoint:pos()) < 78) {
                holoAlpha(1,127)
                State = 2
                Player = E
                interval(250)
                break
            }
        }
    interval(500)
    }

if (State == 2) {
        Attachment = Player:aimEntity() 
        if (Attachment:parent()) {
            if (Attachment:parent():parent()) {
                AttachmentParent = Attachment:parent():parent()
                } elseif (Attachment:parent():isConstrainedTo()) {AttachmentParent = Attachment:parent():isConstrainedTo()
                } else {AttachmentParent = Attachment
                }
        } else {
            AttachmentParent = Attachment
        }
        if (AttachmentParent:pos() & Attachment:isConstrainedTo() != Base && Attachment != AttachmentPoint && Attachment != Base && changed(Player:keyPressed("E")) && Player:pos():distance(Player:aimPos()) < 78 && AttachmentPoint:pos():distance(Player:aimPos()) < 393) {
            rope(1,Base,Base:toLocal(AttachmentPoint:pos()),AttachmentParent,AttachmentParent:toLocal(Player:aimPos()),0,1,"Cable/Rope",0)
            holoAlpha(1,0)
            State = 3
        }
    interval(250)
    }

if (State == 3) {
        foreach (I,E:entity=players()) {
            if(E:aimEntity() == AttachmentPoint&& E:keyUse() && E:pos():distance(AttachmentPoint:pos()) < 78) {
                Base:constraintBreak(AttachmentParent)
                Attachment = noentity()
                AttachmentParent = noentity()
                Player = noentity()
                timer("Wait",2000)
                State = 4
                interval(250)
                break
            }
            }
    interval(500)
    }

if (State == 4) {
        if(clk("Wait")) {State = 1}
    interval(250)
    }
    Yes, i know my code is ugly as sin.

Minor updates:
    Max range of about 10m.
    Varying interval so it uses less on crowded servers. Reason i do the player searching this way is to not have to use a Trigger/findInSphere.
    Can't attach to itself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Waterfox Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

19. Post #1379
    October 2008
    657 Posts
    I took some time and remade the "city" area, what you guys think ?

Before and After:

I'm not sure what I'll do on the top part of the map, above the tolls, any ideas ? The acess to there will be possible only by the highway exit, so it's like a travel to something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Brazil Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

20. Post #1380
    August 2014
    254 Posts
    I took some time and remade the "city" area, what you guys think ?

Before and After:

I'm not sure what I'll do on the top part of the map, above the tolls, any ideas ? The acess to there will be possible only by the highway exit, so it's like a travel to something.
    Suspension testing area.
        bonus points for a touge somewhere   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #1381
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,526 Posts
    it looks nice, but 90 degree turns are awful for racing in gmod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

22. Post #1382
    October 2008
    657 Posts
    Suspension testing area.
        bonus points for a touge somewhere   
       If I don't reach the limits making the highway "to the beach" I will do it xD   

it looks nice, but 90 degree turns are awful for racing in gmod
    I've accounted for that, so outside the 'city' area, all the 90º curves have a really open radius, you can clear those curves smoothly, trust me.

Here's some examples of the curves:
    City Curve, Highway Curve and Acess to Toll Curves.

Jalopy for scale

The lanes are wide (about 5m each) so you have plenty of space to turn, also I hate tiny lanes :x
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Brazil Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #1383
    Gold Member
    July 2012
    2,920 Posts
       If I don't reach the limits making the highway "to the beach" I will do it xD   

I've accounted for that, so outside the 'city' area, all the 90º curves have a really open radius, you can clear those curves smoothly, trust me.

Here's some examples of the curves:
    City Curve, Highway Curve and Acess to Toll Curves.

Jalopy for scale

The lanes are wide (about 5m each) so you have plenty of space to turn, also I hate tiny lanes :x
    Never forget the maps where the lanes on a highway are so thin that the side walls literally act like rails.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #1384
    February 2017
    243 Posts
    Snip :P

25. Post #1385
    April 2016
    35 Posts
    remov abrams (((

basically a decently armored Ataka delivery platform

26. Post #1386
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    9,978 Posts
    helicopter

armoured

pick one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #1387
    April 2016
    35 Posts
    helicopter

armoured

pick one
    decently armored by real life standards (although I suppose that means it'll get annihilated in acf battle)

No 50 ton applymagic skytanks here, even if I have to eject after 50 seconds in the air
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #1388
    Gold Member
    July 2012
    2,920 Posts
    helicopter

armoured

pick one
    -Can fly
    -"armored"
    -Actually useful weapons

Pick two.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

29. Post #1389
    February 2017
    243 Posts
    remov abrams (((

basically a decently armored Ataka delivery platform

Edited:

-Can fly
    -"armored"
    -Actually useful weapons

Pick two.
    -Can Fly
    -Can Orbit the earth's circumference
    -Coffee and Knackerbrod dispenser
    -Has 92 silos of V1 Flying Bombs

Select all.

30. Post #1390
    February 2016
    52 Posts

Guess the mid size truck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #1391

October 2015
    16 Posts

Current project. Don't know if it'll be a dune buggy or a small crawler.

32. Post #1392
    August 2013
    587 Posts

it climbs on walls and blows things up

bonus with some of the rest of the squad

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 New Opera New Zealand Show Events Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1393
    February 2017
    243 Posts

Current project. Don't know if it'll be a dune buggy or a small crawler.
    Guess the mid size truck
    Ein Minuten, bitte. Ich habe einen kleinen Problemo avec diese Chassí!?
    These are the same?!

34. Post #1394
    Needs more suspension.
    February 2006
    5,432 Posts
    excuse me what the fuck did you just go from german to spanish to french
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #1395
    February 2017
    243 Posts
    Erm
    Yes es decir richtig

Edited:

36. Post #1396
    Needs more suspension.
    February 2006
    5,432 Posts
    funnily enough, I know very little of those languages yet I understood it perfectly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #1397
    tat
    January 2012
    60 Posts
    Content yo!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #1398
    February 2017
    243 Posts
    Btw, have a sneak peek of an entire fucking manual of the Barkanov Junior (Yes, I'm actually making one, with wiring diagrams and everything).

When I'm finished I'll turn it into a pdf and shit.
    (You're gonna have to tilt your head sideways )

I'll fix the pics and post up more in a min.

Edited:

Aight got some better pics lel

About 5 pages so far, I'm on the engine and transmission bit.
    Here's an upcoming pic of the engine, then that's enough bullshit from me xD
    I'm using a Haynes Lada 1500 Manual for refrence at some points btw.

39. Post #1399
    October 2015
    81 Posts
    I got on GMOD and I decided that I should make a target for my planes. So I immediately used something which carried a metal cable that could split a plane like a red hot knife through... well... just about anything. In other words, if you saw this, you did NOT want to fly under.

It's a barrage balloon. I put a little bit of explosive ammo inside to simulate hydrogen. There are 2 balloons inside which are welded to the base because if it wasn't it would destroy the thing by jittering. There is just a LOT of hydrogen in those balloons. Probably should be a bit longer but, whatever. It's under 200 props and that's all I can ask for.

I used this as a bit of reference of the photo angle:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1400
    October 2014
    129 Posts
    Hi,
    I come bearing more Nissans.

1994 Nissan Silvia S14 Zenki (Pre-Facelift), 302 props, 55 Holograms. I tried experimenting with further interior detail, found out Sprops muffler models make great rear seat padding. The car is built in such a way where I can remove/edit/modify details later on for modified versions (eg. the hood cleanly sections off, the bumpers can be removed/interchanged between cars, etc.) I'm far happer with this than I was with my 200SX S14 Kouki from a few months/a year ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)