1. Post #1721
    October 2014
    122 Posts
    Hey, I'm back
    so after a full PC rebuild, I got back into building almost instantly

2017 Mazda MX-5 ND. 282 props, 30 holograms. I don't even want to think how many brain cells were wasted trying to do the curves on this car.
    also current WIP     and one of my cars IRL   

2004 Honda Odyssey RB1 Luxury. This is the Japan/Asia pacific model, totally seperate from the USDM Odysseys. K24A Inline 4 in real life so will be emulating with ACF the closest I can to that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 11Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #1722
    January 2017
    15 Posts
    Now the m60a2 fired both the 152mm regular shells. But could also fire the MGM-51_Shillelagh anti tank guided missile which was also used on the m551 Sheridan.
    I know your struggle, I shoved a Ataka in a 100mm short cannon to get the desired effect,

I made this back in December but never decided to show it off, now seems like as good of a time as ever.

Features some of my most intensive visclip work to date on the turret.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

3. Post #1723
    December 2014
    291 Posts
    Did someone say intense visclip work?

Und der Hubschrauber.

4. Post #1724
    December 2014
    281 Posts
    I know your struggle, I shoved a Ataka in a 100mm short cannon to get the desired effect,

I made this back in December but never decided to show it off, now seems like as good of a time as ever.

Features some of my most intensive visclip work to date on the turret.
    what map is this?

5. Post #1725
    January 2017
    15 Posts

6. Post #1726
    December 2016
    1 Posts
    This is my version of the M60 Starship Luft posted earlier, it's done (I think)

New vs old

7. Post #1727
    Needs more suspension.
    February 2006
    5,304 Posts
    Remember folks, please don't spam visclips. Clips are far more expensive than props, it's best to balance prop usage versus prop efficiency using clips.
    If you want to see your clips' performance impact, spawn your stuff in a remote spot record your avg fps, and rejoin the server, and do the same.

8. Post #1728
    August 2014
    247 Posts
    summoned
    thanks for the fap material

9. Post #1729
    January 2017
    66 Posts
    I have done literally nothing today. I don't mean the nothing where I'm like "Imma decide to do nothing" or "I'll just sleep",
    it's more like the absolutely nothing kind of nothing.
    Whenever I want to do something I instantly lose motivation so I just kinda ended up sitting in front of my computer burning my eyes all day.
    Is this healthy? I have a feeling it isn't.

Actually, I did make some improvements to my new tank. I mean, all of you have probably already seen it but I need to post something on the wip to make me feel better.

So... uhhh... here's the SMR2SL-AOS Lightened Medium Tank. I usually just call it the SMR2. I guess all I really did with it that puts it apart from the base model is I clipped the antennas
    then I added a small little sensor thing. I lightened the tank by around a ton, which resulted in improved turret traverse speeds because of the lightened turret.

Pictures? Pictures.

Also, quick question. How do you guys make your tank shells? Do you use HEAT? APHE? AP? If so how do you set up the ammo? What amount of explosive filler do you use?
    The issue of tank ammo selection never seems to be brought up.

EDIT: Yes, I realize that I'm kinda waving my internet dick around in everyone's faces, and I'm sorry about that. I mean, if you want to ignore the whole wall of text above the pictures, just look at the pics.
    Though, please do put some thought into the ammo question.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #1730
    January 2017
    50 Posts
    Stuff:

Aki detailed it for me.

WIP stuff:

Edited:

slight progress

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #1731
    December 2013
    28 Posts
    So I've been making the one, the only

the Churchill.
    Churchill Mk VII, to be exact.
    AKA the A22F.
    AKA the A42.
    AKA the Heavy Churchill.

It went by a lot of names.

Complete with its very own tea-brewer (because the Brits went out of their way to be their own stereotype), this hulking, 40 ton beast was outdated the minute it was designed due to being based on the earlier A20, which was meant to fight in the trenches of the Great War. This gave the tank it's unique and undeniably sexy profile and all-around tracks. Despite it's archaic design, the Churchill became one of the most iconic and versatile tanks on the battlefield. It's excellent mobility, tough armor, and unwavering reliability made the Churchill one of Britain's best tank designs of the Second World War.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #1732
    January 2017
    27 Posts
    m4a2 sherman is done

dear lord I have sinned

i decided not to fix its mobility so it's still ass-slow
    and the last picture is a fictional german-captured m4a2 with the StuK 40 L/43 mounted
    it started out as a british lend-lease sherman that'd have "GOD SAVE THE QUEEN" printed on the side but I had better ideas
    also tale hates me now

13. Post #1733
    April 2016
    468 Posts
    WIP stuff:

Edited:

slight progress

i know what that is and im scared

and close to unlocking it in WT

how are you gonna manage the gun size though?

14. Post #1734
    December 2014
    281 Posts
    another 50s car for wip

Update:

104 props for now and yes it's a lotus elite
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

15. Post #1735
    January 2017
    50 Posts
    i know what that is and im scared

and close to unlocking it in WT

how are you gonna manage the gun size though?
    A holo 140 will work well since mine is scaled down and acf guns are scaled up the actual gun im using is going to be a 203

This is as far as i got last night, yes the bucket works.

16. Post #1736
    September 2016
    125 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo

^ Me as I'm trying to make this turret

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #1737
    October 2015
    93 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo

^ Me as I'm trying to make this turret
    The M41DK1 turret isn't that hard :v
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #1738
    Needs more suspension.
    February 2006
    5,304 Posts
    It depends if you want it to be prop efficient or not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #1739
    January 2017
    66 Posts

after experimentation with nazi cooling devices, and using the magical ceiling blood to cool Cheesus' computer, we have finally created the world's first memeing AI. It said BOOB.
    Now, all of you bow down to your MG overlords or we'll use our meme ai to herald the third impact and complete the meme instrumentality project.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #1740
    February 2017
    9 Posts
    after experimentation with nazi cooling devices, and using the magical ceiling blood to cool Cheesus' computer, we have finally created the world's first memeing AI. It said BOOB.
    Now, all of you bow down to your MG overlords or we'll use our meme ai to herald the third impact and complete the meme instrumentality project.
    What are you rambling on about exactly? Some kind of skiddie script that prints out used up stale memes and what not?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #1741
    January 2017
    66 Posts
    What are you rambling on about exactly? Some kind of skiddie script that prints out used up stale memes and what not?
    Cheezus built a programmable computer and he was telling us how it stopped working because "the gates S T I C K" so then we're like "hey what does this button do?" which ended in us overclocking it to an "inf" value.
    Then it began to error and spit out random numbers and then the screen which displayed hertz went from inf to 8008 which we interpreted as a message from the gods that we have created life.
    We're not exactly sure why the computer did what it did, but whatever kind of hallucinogens it was on I want them.

22. Post #1742
    January 2017
    50 Posts
    A tank a day keeps the gurls away. Still need to detail it and make it do IFV things like move.

I wonder if anyone can tell what this is?

23. Post #1743
    November 2015
    175 Posts
    I've started work on a new tank... locomotive.

Based on a modified version of the LB&SCR L Class 4-6-4 tank engine, this particular engine has the odd quirk of having been bastardized into also being a tender locomotive, wood-fired. This allows it a much farther operating distance compared to other tank locomotives, at the cost of in-yard operating distance when the tender is decoupled. Tender still needs to be constructed.

Corners horribly due to the long wheelbase and I still need to sort out stuff like the drive rods and cylinders, but it works for now. Yes, the center drive wheel is ballsocket nocollided with the world.

Updated it with a splash of color, and a tender. Will admit it needs some texture work, but I couldn't really be arsed to dig through and find decent ones for it at the time.

Tender has a passageway to allow access to the first car behind it, in the same vein as how the Flying Scotsman's tender is constructed. It genuinely is wide enough for a player to walk down it, too, if the plates weren't parented with collisions disabled, anyways.

Will say I am dreadfully sorry for posting a Work in Progress on the Work in Progress thread, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1744
    December 2014
    291 Posts

)) xaxaxaxa
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #1745
    October 2008
    73 Posts
    #eurobeat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #1746
    January 2015
    68 Posts
    A tank a day keeps the gurls away. Still need to detail it and make it do IFV things like move.

I wonder if anyone can tell what this is?
    >no tow
    >no cages
    >no ERA spam

Looks like some swedish thing, or perhaps german i onno.

27. Post #1747
    July 2012
    2,704 Posts
    #eurobeat
    That's some NFSC tier drifting meme you've got there. How'd you manage to keep it from spinning out?

28. Post #1748
    October 2008
    73 Posts
    That's some NFSC tier drifting meme you've got there. How'd you manage to keep it from spinning out?
    Just the basic magic steering you will find everywhere. It steers automatically based on angvel and y vel of the chassis.
    Here's the dupe if you want to check out the e2 https://ufile.io/z28ze. It's a bit cryptic because this was a quick mock up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #1749
    February 2017
    108 Posts
    Bit of a stupid idea this but I attempted to make a hyperloop kind of thing
    did work up until the point that the hologram for the tunnel got a but stupid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1750
    February 2013
    25 Posts
    Hey guys!
    Long time no see, a good friend of mine and I have been making small cars and decided to make a video. I built the engine, gearbox, holo body and most of the chassis while Dogman did this video!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #1751
    August 2014
    247 Posts
    Bit of a stupid idea this but I attempted to make a hyperloop kind of thing
    did work up until the point that the hologram for the tunnel got a but stupid
    someone needs to make a powered hanging monorail car with a tiny little engine that swings around when it goes around curves

32. Post #1752
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,379 Posts
    Hey guys!
    Long time no see, a good friend of mine and I have been making small cars and decided to make a video. I built the engine, gearbox, holo body and most of the chassis while Dogman did this video!
    Why is it so stupidly fast

33. Post #1753
    February 2013
    25 Posts
    I honestly don't know, its extremely heavy as well coming at 2000kg.

34. Post #1754
    January 2015
    68 Posts
    I noticed that when building small vehicles is easier to make them go fast, compared to when building big ones. It makes sense but if you make say an halfscale car it will go way faster then it should.

35. Post #1755
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,748 Posts
    While it is a nice truck, I'd like to point out that 2000 kg is very light for a truck My car weighs around 1.7 tonnes. I'm not sure what the net weight of that truck is irl, but I'd imagine it is much, much more than 2000 kg.

36. Post #1756
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,379 Posts
    Unfortunately, the way physics in gmod work mean that weight and size don't really scale at all. Just because your truck is small doesn't mean it'll necessarily behave correctly if its weight is scaled accordingly.

37. Post #1757
    June 2016
    4 Posts
    Well according to irl physics, if you want to scale down a vehicle by factor X, and have both acceleration and max speed being proportional to X, then the power to weight ratio of the vehicle must scale with X^2.

e.g. if I want a 0.2 scale of a car with 100 hp and 1000 kg (0.1 hp/kg), then the power to weight ratio has to be 0.004 hp/kg.

To get the specific values for the power and weight is slightly more difficult depending on what type of vehicle it is (and how well its made). Generally speaking, if it is a fast sports car then power should scale with X^5 and mass scale with X^3. If it is a slow vehicle (e.g. a tank or heavy duty truck), then technically it doesn't matter what you scale them as so long as the X^2 power to weight ratio scaling is followed. So just put in a reasonable mass (e.g. same density) and scale the power to match.

This is also why some hobby grade RC cars and aircraft can go much faster than you'd expect for their size. It's also why giant airplanes "look slow" when flying, as even though their speed may be high, their speed relative to their dimensions may be small.

38. Post #1758
    September 2016
    125 Posts
    Came out pretty bad, prob won't finish it but...content!

I got to make use of Barglab's very nicely made 50 cal though.

proof that luft needs to l2 geometry
    Being only 83ish props with holos, maybe I'll do make some use with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #1759
    September 2016
    29 Posts
    Content? Content.
    Turret looks a bit 'dark' for now because PAC3
    Also it'll be hell for me to convert it to E2 because of holoclips and I have to manually invert ~9 domes in e2 unless Cheese wants to help (because inverting shit in pac and making size -1 makes stuff super fast and easy)
    Already doing a bit of hull detail over on the engine part:
    This is my first time doing a 'proper and realistic' cast design btw so don't judge too badly if I suck at PAC

40. Post #1760
    January 2015
    68 Posts
    Came out pretty bad, prob won't finish it but...content!

I got to make use of Barglab's very nicely made 50 cal though.

proof that luft needs to l2 geometry
    Being only 83ish props with holos, maybe I'll do make some use with it.
    Don't forget kardel made the firing/reloading animation for the M2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)