1. Post #2081
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    10,443 Posts
    400 prop limit for anybody Respected and below.
    VIP's get 800 and I think superadmins and admins get 1000, I dont know about that.
    iirc admins and superadmins don't have prop limits.

I'm superadmin, I should know this, but I don't
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2082
    January 2017
    36 Posts
    My newest drift project
    heyyy, i haven't seen you in a while, how've you been? i see you haven't lost your touch

3. Post #2083
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    9,416 Posts
    My first real car. It's got some Packard, some Ford, a bit of Kaiser, and a dash of Jag XK in it. It's somewhat rough and way too many props but I'm real pleased with how it turned out.

Powered by a 7.4L Straight Eight (two 3.7L i4s). Hologram powered suicide doors, shifter, and steering wheel. 6 speed transmission (4 forward + reverse + overdrive). No suspension yet, but probably double wishbones up front and a live axle in back. (If anyone wants to help with suspensions please let me know)

Also features "spirit of ecstasy hula girl being sucked into jet engine" hood ornament.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #2084
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    5,226 Posts
    Ayy you finished it. I wish I was there to see you raging about the rear window.

5. Post #2085
    February 2017
    235 Posts
    s c r a p y a r d
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #2086
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,681 Posts
    Scrapyard? More like 'tired iron'. Still runnin' strong by the looks of it. And it is most certainly a lovely build, certainly better than what I can do~

Edited:

Oh, for those of you hitting a speed wall: Whip out the Custom Drag Tool and nip a shitton of drag out of your shit. There's a very good reason Phulax and co banned the use of this tool from the events they're hosting. My Isuzu NPR inspired boxtruck went from maxing out at ~58mph to a 100+ MPH speedo pegging frightbox all because I removed the drag and tweaked the gearing to take advantage of that.

Edited:

Oh. Right. I should probably post a WiP.

And here's what inspired/influenced it(STarted a new job two weeks ago working on these things, what made me build it in the first place):

todo:

* Get the cab to tilt(Seats parented to a wire chip still work properly/won't make the view freak out/wobble?)

* Mudflaps

* Misc detail

* Holo pedals? PRNDL? Fuck, last time I tried to write my own hologram code it caused the server to crash on spawning it.

* Definitely needs a RND indicator visible to the driver somewhere.

* Starter

* make Park actually hold it in place

* Different cargo boxes, including perhaps a technical?

* Maybe a race spec version...?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Winner Winner x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #2087
    January 2017
    96 Posts

Cheez is a god for having the ability to sustain inverted flight with a swashplate heli. Especially a swashplate heli I'm building.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #2088
    October 2013
    109 Posts
    Progress:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #2089
    January 2017
    98 Posts
    I posted picks of this awhile ago it wasn't finished but now a fresh coat of paint and a finished interior its been to war and won, my amazing Apache!!

Currently outfitted with an anti-armor loadout i carry 16 hellfire missiles and 365 rounds of 30mm cannon ammo(wish it was more lol)

Here is a little radar for the pilot that will show in coming missile this was built by a frined of the name polymorphic turtle hes awesome and has made ejection seats for my fight jets.

Now as for its combat record it has preformed amazing on toshkent and baik slaying all the competition, Proud to say ive made certain people butthurt enough to were they changed the way the bots work just because of me and banned me, arnt i a special snow flake? So far its killed many of tanks and has 2 mech kills under its belt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

10. Post #2090
    October 2013
    109 Posts
    did someone say paint?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #2091
    February 2017
    235 Posts
    Isuzu Based Thing
    I kid you not, the amount of times on my travels in Malta, There was one town called Luqa in which I swear to god the common car for transport was one of these.

Also, that truck doesn't look bad actually. I know some stuff that could lend you a hand on things like cab tilting, parking brake, that kind of thing. Is this solid axle suspension too?
    Btw, had the idea of mounting the exhaust pipe at the front when I was going to the airplane and nearly got cut up by a Volvo road train.

And whilst I'm at it, Tyunge, you reviving this one?

12. Post #2092
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,681 Posts
    I kid you not, the amount of times on my travels in Malta, There was one town called Luqa in which I swear to god the common car for transport was one of these.

Also, that truck doesn't look bad actually. I know some stuff that could lend you a hand on things like cab tilting, parking brake, that kind of thing. Is this solid axle suspension too?
    Btw, had the idea of mounting the exhaust pipe at the front when I was going to the airplane and nearly got cut up by a Volvo road train.

And whilst I'm at it, Tyunge, you reviving this one?
    Heh, thanks. I cant really do curves but I am chuffed at how well it came out. And, yes, solid axle front and rear. Little heavy on the constraints(8 ropes locate the axles and constrain their movement, two more act as suspension bumpstops) compared to indy susp but it works a treat and fits the vehicle. I can go 'upstairs' on gm_carcon and thrash the everloving fuck out of it and it wont fuck the suspension. Does tend to barrel roll up there if I'm doing north of 70mph and it catches a bump just so, though

I did get some of that stuff working last night. Park now holds the rear tires, it starts with a press of M1 after playing a sound effect. I also played with the brakea a bit, still adjusting them though. Bias and overall strength. Can do that easily by tweaking two multipliers in an expression, one for each axle...this same chip also handles Park and the dead man's switch that throws all four brakes on if for some reason the driver comes out of the seat. I do this on all of my cars so they will stop rather than careen into people if I lose net mid game.

I'm also not surprised at how common they were in Luqa. They arent bad trucks. I'm currently doing pre delivery inspections on brand new NPRs with 6.0 GM V8 engines(I used ACF'S 6.2L in my gmod truck) and they are pretty sweet. Punchy as hell too, they leave 11s on the ground if you so much as daydream about thinking about touching the throttle!...of course they also dont have cargo beds/boxes, customer takes it to a third party for that, but still. I actually wouldnt object to daily driving one with the v8.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #2093
    September 2016
    30 Posts
    The tank native to the legendary Redpark's homeland:
    I hate building this thing by the way. The turret's completely asymmetrical so mirror becomes useless
    looks shitty atm details will be added with holos

prolly be done in like 2-4 days or whatever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Hong Kong Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #2094
    February 2017
    235 Posts
    I AM MAKING VOLGA
    BUILT LIKE BULL
    IS STRONK

first car with curves

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

15. Post #2095
    October 2008
    86 Posts
    Does this work well enough in practice to warrant its own tool? It would have legacy fin support (also an opportunity to redo the stupid way fin tool stores data).
    For me it works just as good as fin tool. I'm using a version with v instead of v^2 though because it would sometimes spaz and remove the fin prop.
    It would probably be better with drag simulation aswell but i found sources air drag good enough.

16. Post #2096
    June 2016
    20 Posts
    More WIP tanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Mongolia Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

17. Post #2097
    December 2015
    11 Posts

Light tank, 15-ish tons atm, Goes 51 Kph when it feels like it. Not much armor, 25mm front, Lil old 40mm AC as gun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #2098
    December 2014
    316 Posts
    Just because i found some people doing cars made of junk on cre8ive, i decided to create one too because why not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

19. Post #2099

October 2015
    132 Posts
    r u n n i n g i n t h e 8 0 s

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #2100
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    9,416 Posts
    Can anyone here shed some light on why my car randomly disappears when driving around? It seems entirely random. The car baseplate and anything immediately attached to it (wire components, ACF drivetrain, parented props, wheels) just vanishes. I can't correlate it to any kind of driving rigors, either. The real kicker is that the setAng steering masters are still there, so it's not like I accidentally hit Z or anything. This also happens regardless if I just right click and only get the constrained entities or if I area copy and bring the whole body.

The suspension is a super simple single wishbone independent up front and super basic live axle at the rear, all with stretch only elastic, Const 50000, damp 1500, rdamp 1000. I've tried playing around with the suspension settings but it doesn't seem to change anything.

I've even searched my car for hidden E2s in case someone was prankings me, but only the two the car uses to operate are there.

21. Post #2101
    February 2017
    235 Posts
    Can anyone here shed some light on why my car randomly disappears when driving around? It seems entirely random. The car baseplate and anything immediately attached to it (wire components, ACF drivetrain, parented props, wheels) just vanishes. I can't correlate it to any kind of driving rigors, either. The real kicker is that the setAng steering masters are still there, so it's not like I accidentally hit Z or anything. This also happens regardless if I just right click and only get the constrained entities or if I area copy and bring the whole body.

The suspension is a super simple single wishbone independent up front and super basic live axle at the rear, all with stretch only elastic, Const 50000, damp 1500, rdamp 1000. I've tried playing around with the suspension settings but it doesn't seem to change anything.

I've even searched my car for hidden E2s in case someone was prankings me, but only the two the car uses to operate are there.
    Weird. Could it be a anti-crash precaution via your client or the server? I know that FPP did this sort of thing.

22. Post #2102
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    9,416 Posts
    Weird. Could it be a anti-crash precaution via your client or the server? I know that FPP did this sort of thing.
    That's what I was thinking too. I only play online, almost exclusively at GGG, so it's possible, but the suspension is about as spazz-free as it's possible to be.

23. Post #2103
    Gold Member
    July 2012
    2,909 Posts
    I used to have an incredibly shity is 3 that would delete itself when I switched from reverse to forward while the throttle was more than zero. It might have something to do with torque and very very strange constraints which I think is what caused my is 3 to delete itself.

24. Post #2104
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    9,416 Posts
    Apparently it's caused by having two engines linked to one gearbox. I removed one of my i4's and swapped the other for an i6 for somewhat better power and now it's been totally solid. Shoutout to LeWetLenny for telling me this was an issue. Still got dummy props in place and a rename to make it look like an i8 though.

25. Post #2105
    February 2017
    235 Posts
    A b r i d g e t o o f a r . . .

Btw I'm making a series of videos of just random people's cars going past in carconstruct and other maps and servers and stuff. So if you're on a server and see a fuck tonne of trees in one area and some signage, that's me recording.
    dunno why, it's relaxing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #2106
    December 2014
    316 Posts
    so i finished this quick build made of junk.

45 props and powered with an small acf turbines.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

27. Post #2107
    September 2016
    151 Posts

Now as for its combat record it has preformed amazing on toshkent and baik slaying all the competition, Proud to say ive made certain people butthurt enough to were they changed the way the bots work just because of me and banned me, arnt i a special snow flake? So far its killed many of tanks and has 2 mech kills under its belt.
    Red - 20k hours holy fuck: enter kinda melts down pretty easy, and minmaxes a lot.
    Yeah I can clearly see a 200mm invisible wedge inside that helicopter, minmaxers are ruining ACF!

Dumb things aside
    some M551 progress, almost done actually just needing holos and insides and all that done.
    82 props total with holos

Also some minor progress on my own attack helio based on the S-67 Blackhawk
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

28. Post #2108
    October 2015
    110 Posts
    Making some weird interwar prototype tank from World of Tanks.

It has very little armor, a 37mm gun with HE for that infantry and a 7.62 will be added.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #2109
    February 2013
    37 Posts
    To CM Punk who said engines cant go past 1.8k RPM without spazzing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #2110
    June 2015
    166 Posts
    how stable is it when driving? cause you showed it frozen...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #2111

October 2015
    12 Posts
    Out of curiosity, could you upload a gif/video of you getting it to sit at a stable ~2500 RPM, then i would truly believe above 2000 RPM with a prop engine is possible. In the video it still seems to be "spazzing" because of the massive fluctuations when you are above 2000 RPM
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #2112
    October 2015
    110 Posts
    Finished the Tank, appareantly it's called "t1e6"

juicy image dump

Some not so fancy pics

The green version has AP rounds, as the beige one has HE. Both have very little armor, but just about enough to stop an antitank rifle from the front. 37 short and a 7.62 spam gun.

33. Post #2113
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,681 Posts
    Out of curiosity, could you upload a gif/video of you getting it to sit at a stable ~2500 RPM, then i would truly believe above 2000 RPM with a prop engine is possible. In the video it still seems to be "spazzing" because of the massive fluctuations when you are above 2000 RPM
    That may be wiremod rather than physics spazz. One of the biggest problems I always had when I built prop engines, why none of mine ever crested 500RPM in fact, was because the wire components themselves struggled to update fast enough. 'Spark' timing would jump all over the damn place and missed cycles outnumbered hit cycles 5 to 1 simply because rangers couldn't update fast enough.

Now I'm aware that rangers aren't used to time them anymore, but there's still the ever-present 'wire update rate' looming overhead. IIRC an Expression can't work any faster than server tickrate and thus will still hit an RPM cap wherein it starts missing cycles, failing to time properly, et-al on the basis that it can't keep up with what the props are doing.

34. Post #2114
    January 2017
    36 Posts
    im feeling like im ready to submit this to the workshop

yea or nay?

im also planning to make a rainy version if this is my final cut
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #2115
    February 2013
    37 Posts
    Well,
    I was dicking around with my engine builder until someone said I should make W engine.
    So I made this behemoth of an engine, straight 1:1 because the gearbox on the chassis couldn't handle it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #2116
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,793 Posts

yea or nay?

Looks great! Is it for vehicular building or is it a fun map to drive on? If it's for any sort of sandbox building, I'd look into optimizing it as much as possible if it isn't already. That includes some sort of portaling on the map to make sure not everything is rendered at once (if that's possible on that kind of map, not sure if it'd look weird) and that the water doesn't take too many fps from the client.
    Looks great though!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Denmark Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

37. Post #2117
    October 2008
    86 Posts
    I think i have posted it before but on the prop engine rpm limit:
    When frozen you can get rpms high enough that the thing will delete itself. around 10-11k or sth
    But when unfrozen it will somehow not break 2 to 2.1k rpm

Here's a frozen example:

Now I'm aware that rangers aren't used to time them anymore, but there's still the ever-present 'wire update rate' looming overhead. IIRC an Expression can't work any faster than server tickrate and thus will still hit an RPM cap wherein it starts missing cycles, failing to time properly, et-al on the basis that it can't keep up with what the props are doing.
    Most people use a sin function on the thruster force, thus making it rather continuous. Tickrate isn't that much big of a problem then because the excecution of the e2 is guaranteed to create a force that is appropriate for the current crankshaft angle at that moment.
    So you could have the engine running that fast that the e2 would only generate one tick of thrust every 10 revolutions. If that tick of thrust is strong enough to make up for the loss of angular velocity due to friction in the last 9 revolutions the engine would still be running constant or accelerating.

38. Post #2118
    February 2017
    235 Posts

yea or nay?

Reminds me of Jungle Rock Island from Beamngdrive. or Archipelago from RavenField. Stunning Job!

39. Post #2119
    January 2017
    36 Posts
    optimization
    yep the garage is areaportaled, its got 4 main visclusters, the water is cheap but it has refraction (looks SUPER ugly w/o it), the skybox eats about 5-10fps on average can be turned off with r_3dsky 0

as for the purpose of it, i really dont know, i just wanted to make something flexible, i suppose it could be used for a build map or acf oriented area, but you gotta be careful how much you got spawned.

Reminds me of Jungle Rock Island from Beamngdrive. or Archipelago from RavenField. Stunning Job!
    yeah its actually based off of the Jungle tankmap from War Thunder and after some digging, I discovered it is kind of based off of a real life location on the island of Guadalcanal.(https://earth.google.com/web/@-9.280...0.07705796t,0r)
    Which is weird, the .bin for the map is called guadalcanal.bin but in game it is never refered to as such.

here is a side by side if you're interested:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

40. Post #2120
    September 2016
    151 Posts
    SNIP