1. Post #2081
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    34,624 Posts
    I know it's probably not canon since it was unfinished and Clone Wars ended, but I am all for a duel with Cad Bane being the reason behind the dent in Boba's helmet. Also, should I spoiler tag that or not since the video is free to view?
    It's not canon, no point in spoiler tagging it imho

2. Post #2082
    November 2015
    1,815 Posts
    I personally will think it's canon until canon states otherwise

3. Post #2083
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    36,529 Posts
    The previous unfished clone wars stuff was canon, but those were full episodes, not a single scene, so I'm not sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #2084
    Pax
    April 2012
    1,465 Posts
    I thought the dent was already explained. Didn't Jango get a blaster bolt redirected into his face in AoTC? Or is my mind inventing things again?

5. Post #2085
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    36,529 Posts
    I thought the dent was already explained. Didn't Jango get a blaster bolt redirected into his face in AoTC? Or is my mind inventing things again?
    Boba's helmet isn't his fathers.

He used Jango's helmet as a bomb to try and kill Mace Windu.

Edited:

6. Post #2086
    Pax
    April 2012
    1,465 Posts
    Boba's helmet isn't his fathers.

He used Jango's helmet as a bomb to try and kill Mace Windu.
    I thought something might've happened to it in Clone Wars somewhere, but I couldn't remember. So now we have two different helmets with the same dent.

7. Post #2087
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    36,529 Posts
    I don't remember there being a dent.

Edited:

I see it now, but the dent in Jango's helmet was a lot higher then Boba's.

Edited:

So back at Celebration 2016 Dave Filoni had trading cards with Ahsoka art he made, and he said they give hints to what happened to her after the Dual with Vader. Well on the cards is a picture of her, framed with Wolves.

I'm pretty sure she is the wolf, the wolf is some sort of representation of her spirit after she was killed by Vader. I doubt the wolf is going to be talking or intelligent, but be a force spirit animal of some kind.

Also remember, in the Mortis arc in Clone Wars, the Daughter gave life essence to her. That probably ties in with it.

Dave Filoni is obsessed with both wolves and Ahsoka. It make sense.

8. Post #2088
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    36,529 Posts
    I'm listening to the Thrawn audio book, Marc Thompson does a great imitation of Thrawn's voice from Rebels.

9. Post #2089
    Best Woofie On Facepunch!
    July 2007
    9,500 Posts
    I'm listening to the Thrawn audio book, Marc Thompson does a great imitation of Thrawn's voice from Rebels.
    Is it worth picking up?

10. Post #2090
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    36,529 Posts
    Is it worth picking up?
    I'm only 16 minutes in but it sounds great. It is almost 17 hours long.

11. Post #2091
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    36,529 Posts
    So John Williams showing up at Celebration was actually his idea, he wanted to do something for Carrie. That was so nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 11 (list)

12. Post #2092
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    36,529 Posts

13. Post #2093
    Best Woofie On Facepunch!
    July 2007
    9,500 Posts
    So Walt Disney World might be getting a Star Wars themed hotel:

Disney is surveying guests about a possible Star Wars resort hotel experience at Walt Disney World, which would take place on an “actual” Star Wars Starship…

The survey is not being conducted by Disney, but rather by a contracted third party through Sawgbucks.com. The survey includes concept art and many details of what the experience would be like…

This all-inclusive, 2-night immersive resort experience at Walt Disney World would include:

*The opportunity to experience a 2-day story set in the the Star Wars universe
    *Be surrounded in a continuous, story-driven entertainment experience as it unfolds over the course of the 2-night stay
    *Have personal interactions with Star Wars characters 8i live performers throughout the starship (experience the story or simply observe the action according to personal preference)
    *Engage in the story with programs such as flight training, ship exploration, lightsaber training, and personalized secret missions (both on the starship and throughout the Star Wars themed planet)

While staying aboard an all-inclusive luxury “starship” at Walt Disney World, guests will stay in luxury accommodations offering:

*All meals during your stay: buffet breakfasts, lunches, & signature evening dining
    *Featured entertainment & dinner shows
    *Exclusive park admission to the Star Wars themed land at the Walt Disney World Resort (a new land opening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019)
    *Star Wars starship amenities including pool area & water garden, fitness area, on-board cantina, and robotic droid Butlers
    As of right now, the experience would be priced at roughly $900 to $1000 per guest.

14. Post #2094
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    36,529 Posts

15. Post #2095
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    15,827 Posts
    Was that a practical alien?

16. Post #2096
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    36,529 Posts
    I can't see them doing up the CGI for just that video.

17. Post #2097
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    15,827 Posts
    These new Black Series look fantastic especially Thrawn
    https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017/...quadron-pilot/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #2098
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    36,529 Posts
    Minor Thrawn Novel Spoilers

Thrawn's first contact with the Empire is almost identical to how Zahn told it in the short Story 'Mist Encounter' a few of the imperials officers have exact same names as well. His reasons for being exiled from the Chiss are also similar   

19. Post #2099
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    5,140 Posts
    Minor Thrawn Novel Spoilers

Thrawn's first contact with the Empire is almost identical to how Zahn told it in the short Story 'Mist Encounter' a few of the imperials officers have exact same names as well. His reasons for being exiled from the Chiss are also similar   
    Keep reading (or listening I guess).

20. Post #2100
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    36,529 Posts
    Keep reading (or listening I guess).
    I'm 5.5 hours in

I had never read Mist Encounter before today so I didn't catch it.

21. Post #2101
    But Stuff
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,914 Posts
    I hope from the bottom of my heart that when Rebels is done we can actually see some of the clone wars story threads be finished.

Seeing Anakin descending into a disheveled mess barely held together like he was in the prequels as a result of Ahsoka leaving is a must. Seeing Grevious kill some more Jedi (maybe even the council member he was almost written to kill) in order to give him some teeth and make the duel in EP 3 seem less like a predictable joke is a must. Bad batch is kind of its own self contained thing but fuck, do it. Animating Boba's progression to his OT self, would be huge for redeeming that character and build so much demand for more content related to him.

Out with the new in with the old dave filoni pls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

22. Post #2102
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,855 Posts
    I've seen suggestions (maybe here as well?) of a Siege of Mandalore TV movie. That'd give us Ahsoka, Maul, Order 66, a view of Anakin post-Ahsoka, and more. Personally I'd love it if some of the more pivotal scenes from Revenge of the Sith were animated and thrown in there as well. That would give context to the movie's version of Order 66, and it'd probably be more convincing and heartbreaking to see Clone Wars Anakin fall.

Pls Disney, let me have it.

23. Post #2103
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    36,529 Posts
    I hope from the bottom of my heart that when Rebels is done we can actually see some of the clone wars story threads be finished.

Seeing Anakin descending into a disheveled mess barely held together like he was in the prequels as a result of Ahsoka leaving is a must. Seeing Grevious kill some more Jedi (maybe even the council member he was almost written to kill) in order to give him some teeth and make the duel in EP 3 seem less like a predictable joke is a must. Bad batch is kind of its own self contained thing but fuck, do it. Animating Boba's progression to his OT self, would be huge for redeeming that character and build so much demand for more content related to him.

Out with the new in with the old dave filoni pls
    Clone Wars is over. We'll probably get some books or comics, but that is it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #2104
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,095 Posts
    Clone Wars is over. We'll probably get some books or comics, but that is it
    It would be nice if they did like DC animated films and release canon CGI films based on Clone Wars and Rebels characters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #2105
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    36,529 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #2106
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    34,624 Posts
    I never noticed how much stormtroopers grunted when they died until seeing that video

27. Post #2107
    But Stuff
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,914 Posts
    It still bugs me how the troopers in Rogue One just run in big mobs straight into enemy fire, the guys at the front don't even bother shooting they may as well just be layers of human shields so the guys at the back can survive long enough to shoot once

28. Post #2108
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,728 Posts
    It still bugs me how the troopers in Rogue One just run in big mobs straight into enemy fire, the guys at the front don't even bother shooting they may as well just be layers of human shields so the guys at the back can survive long enough to shoot once
    They took a page from Sarge's handbook

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #2109
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,742 Posts
    I doubt anyone expects to get shot after coming out of the door way with someone feeding them false information.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #2110
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    36,529 Posts
    Also that basically happened in WW2 during D-Day.

Edited:

If you wanted to know how Thrawn rose through the ranks without having to read the Thrawn novel.

Thrawn novel spoilers obviously

31. Post #2111
    But Stuff
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,914 Posts
    I'd be careful of that kind of video, they often sneak in uncanonized legends in with little to no warning.

32. Post #2112
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    36,529 Posts
    I'd be careful of that kind of video, they often sneak in uncanonized legends in with little to no warning.
    If he is talking about material from Legends he puts the Legends logo on the screen or tells you it is from Legends.

He did use some art from Legends, but everything he talked about was from the Novel, I can confirm I listened to the Audio book.

Star Wars Explained (formerly Star Wars Minute or something) is a great channel.

33. Post #2113
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    36,529 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #2114
    June 2015
    595 Posts
    Man, John Boyega is great.
    The whole new cast is handling fans and fame so well so far.
    They all seem so lovely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

35. Post #2115
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    36,529 Posts
    Wow, so I just learned that Midi-chlorians were not made up for the PT, Lucas had them in mind since the OT but he felt there wasn't enough time to introduce them in the movies.

I wonder if people would have felt differently about them if had they been mentioned them in the original film.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

36. Post #2116
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    5,140 Posts
    Wow, so I just learned that Midi-chlorians were not made up for the PT, Lucas had them in mind since the OT but he felt there wasn't enough time to introduce them in the movies.

I wonder if people would have felt differently about them if had they been mentioned them in the original film.
    They are ultimately pointless beyond "this guy has huge potential" so I don't think people would have liked them all that much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

37. Post #2117
    Gold Member
    September 2013
    18,791 Posts
    It's essentially force IQ which is pretty pointless

38. Post #2118
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    36,529 Posts
    They are ultimately pointless beyond "this guy has huge potential" so I don't think people would have liked them all that much.
    Yeah, but people probably wouldn't be complaining that it ruins the magic.

39. Post #2119
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    36,529 Posts
    A new First Order design showed up in the latest Poe Dameron comic

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny x 3Informative x 1Late x 1Disagree x 1Useful x 1 (list)

40. Post #2120
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    29,017 Posts
    After a Rebel kamikazed into the Empire's bridge during the Battle of Endor, the engineers saw it fit to move the bridge to the left.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)