1. Post #2361
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    5,864 Posts
    Real talk though:   there's been rumors that Snoke might be some sort of Wizard of Oz deal - not nearly as threatening as his 20 foot tall hologram makes him out to be. He's apparently human sized and clad in garish golden robes in the new movie.   
       The leaked Lego TLJ destroyer (I think it's the Finalizer) has a normal scale Snoke figure in golden robes.   

2. Post #2362
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    9,090 Posts
    Real talk though:   there's been rumors that Snoke might be some sort of Wizard of Oz deal - not nearly as threatening as his 20 foot tall hologram makes him out to be. He's apparently human sized and clad in garish golden robes in the new movie.   
    How could anyone seriously think that's not the case? Did the same people see this and think the Emperor was huge?

[url]

Holograms of varying scale have always been a thing in Star Wars. The Order 66 scene didn't mean the Emperor was tiny because there was a tiny hologram of him, either:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #2363

November 2014
    144 Posts
       The leaked Lego TLJ destroyer (I think it's the Finalizer) has a normal scale Snoke figure in golden robes.   
       Yes, that is specifically what I was referring to. There were previously rumors about that costume being in yet-unseen concept art, but this is the first real confirmation we've gotten that they're going with the design.   

How could anyone seriously think that's not the case? Did the same people see this and think the Emperor was huge?

[url]

Holograms of varying scale have always been a thing in Star Wars. The Order 66 scene didn't mean the Emperor was tiny because there was a tiny hologram of him, either:
    I think you can argue though that his scenes in The Force Awakens intentionally play up Snoke to be even bigger and badder than the Emperor. Explains why people were arguing for the longest time that he was Plagueis, or some other ancient horror of the Dark Side.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #2364
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    8,635 Posts
    So Ron Howard is the replacement director on Han Solo.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/st...or-1202474294/

5. Post #2365
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    27,639 Posts
    When can we expect a surprise appearance of Will Arnett or Michael Cera?

6. Post #2366
    October 2012
    910 Posts
    So Ron Howard is the replacement director on Han Solo.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/st...or-1202474294/
    I can see it now,

Han Solo: Sure I can do the Kessel run, I can do it in less than twelve parsecs even

Ron Howard Narration: Han had no idea what a parsec was
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 14Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #2367
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    6,670 Posts
    I like Ron Howard, and a SW film directed by him could go either way, but as a replacement for Lord and Miller? That's like mixing chalk and cheese to create an ungodly hybrid. What direction will this film even take?

8. Post #2368
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    9,090 Posts
    I can see it now,

Han Solo: Sure I can do the Kessel run, I can do it in less than twelve parsecs even

Ron Howard Narration: Han had no idea what a parsec was
    I really hope they don't try to show the Kessel run and make the whole "twelve parsecs" thing actually true. So far it's unclear if it's canon or not but some sources have suggested that Han actually was serious about it and the ship did manage to do it in twelve parsecs, but that isn't the intention in ANH though, Obi-wans reaction and the original script say that Han was bluffing about it and it wasn't true. It fit perfectly with him being a lying scoundrel who only cares about himself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

9. Post #2369

November 2014
    144 Posts
    I really hope they don't try to show the Kessel run and make the whole "twelve parsecs" thing actually true. So far it's unclear if it's canon or not but some sources have suggested that Han actually was serious about it and the ship did manage to do it in twelve parsecs, but that isn't the intention in ANH though, Obi-wans reaction and the original script say that Han was bluffing about it and it wasn't true. It fit perfectly with him being a lying scoundrel who only cares about himself.
    Wasn't there one story where he technically did, but he cheated by taking some kind of risky shortcut?

10. Post #2370
    Pax
    April 2012
    1,323 Posts
    Wasn't there one story where he technically did, but he cheated by taking some kind of risky shortcut?
    That was the story in the old canon. The Kessel Run was a smuggler route that ran near the Maw black hole cluster, and the closer you could skirt to the black holes, and thus the shorter the distance you took, the faster the route. It's at least an inventive explanation, though for something that didn't need explaining, and just shows that the writer didn't understand what was happening in the movie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #2371
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,684 Posts
    That was the story in the old canon. The Kessel Run was a smuggler route that ran near the Maw black hole cluster, and the closer you could skirt to the black holes, and thus the shorter the distance you took, the faster the route. It's at least an inventive explanation, though for something that didn't need explaining, and just shows that the writer didn't understand what was happening in the movie.
    Another example of the old Canon not needing to be missed

12. Post #2372
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    34,626 Posts
    The Kessel Run is still a smuggler's route in the new canon, but it doesn't involve Black Holes.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kessel_Run

13. Post #2373
    Pax
    April 2012
    1,323 Posts
    Another example of the old Canon not needing to be missed
    Yeah, it's something I didn't really like even back when I originally read those books, but probably less because of the explanation, and more because it was tied up with all the Maw installation, Prototype Deathstar, Sun Crusher and Jedi Academy bullshit. Fuck KJA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #2374

November 2014
    144 Posts
    Yeah, it's something I didn't really like even back when I originally read those books, but probably less because of the explanation, and more because it was tied up with all the Maw installation, Prototype Deathstar, Sun Crusher and Jedi Academy bullshit. Fuck KJA.
    Don't forget the Darksaber. The original one. Actually, nevermind, go right ahead and forget it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #2375
    October 2012
    910 Posts
    I assume the post-TFA comics are canon now?

Because they're not much better IMO, at least Han Solo wise. Don't want to spoil anything but I take issue with the Falcon ever being anything more than a pretty decent smuggling ship. Also everything seems to ignore the threat from Jabba unless it's in a one off line to provide motivation for him getting some money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #2376
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    34,626 Posts
    I assume the post-TFA comics are canon now?
    All comics and books released as of April 2014 and after are canon unless otherwise stated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #2377
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    34,626 Posts
    Mark Hamil is getting a Hollywood star

http://abc7.com/entertainment/2018-c...unced/2133168/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 10Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #2378
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,836 Posts
    I like the idea the millennium falcon was a totally average freighter turned tricked out "hot rod" of space ships. But I don't want it to be all that special other than the fact that a series of smugglers all modified it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #2379
    November 2015
    1,548 Posts
    even the eu kept it to be a smuggler's ship

20. Post #2380
    Biggest Homosex
    February 2011
    2,733 Posts
    Dunno if anyone cares, but someone made a really high quality cover reproduction of the Battlefront 2 gameplay trailer music, and I think it's incredible.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

21. Post #2381
    Best Woofie On Facepunch!
    July 2007
    9,267 Posts
    Looks like Midnight's Edge just did a video on the Han Solo movie changing directors:

22. Post #2382

December 2016
    32 Posts
    I've realized i never saw the original star wars movies, only teh ones with cg modifications
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #2383
    April 2011
    313 Posts
    I've realized i never saw the original star wars movies, only teh ones with cg modifications
    Get the despecialized editions, shit's good.

24. Post #2384
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    2,676 Posts
    Get the despecialized editions, shit's good.
    Get the film scans, shit's kino.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

25. Post #2385
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    8,635 Posts
    Just travel back in time and visit the sets as they're filming for the most authentic experience

26. Post #2386
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,784 Posts
    At that rate you should just travel back in time, take the place of George Lucas, and never release the Special Editions in the first place.

27. Post #2387
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    34,626 Posts
    http://epicstream.com/news/Han-Solo-...re-Very-Usable

Allegedly the material already shot for the Han Solo film is very usable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

28. Post #2388
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    34,626 Posts