1. Post #2521
    Biggest Homosex
    February 2011
    2,816 Posts
    I think too many people expect characters to be fully fleshed out by the end of the first movie in a trilogy.

Darth Vader was an impulsive, angry warlord in ANH before mellowing out to a calm evil in ESB and ROTJ. ANH is the only movie where he overtly yells at his forces.

Until ROTJ we had zero characterization for the Emperor outside of one appearance in ESB. Our impressions of him are held up by the actions of his Empire through the first two films.

Wait until after Episode IX comes out to make a comprehensive judgement of sequel trilogy characters.

2. Post #2522
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    35,169 Posts
    The OT was written to be standalone, Lucas didn't write it that you'd eventually have 3 more movies to flush out the Backstory, that would be too confusing for audiences.

The OT is a self contained story, the PT it isn't required to understand the OT.

The PT is basically like those stand alone novels people make for movies to explain things.

If someone other then Lucas made the PT, people would be calling it fan service.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Zing Zing x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #2523
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,534 Posts
    i'm certain Lucas has said somewhere that after the OT started expanding beyond the first film he did plan to make more than just three
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #2524
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    34,247 Posts
    i'm certain Lucas has said somewhere that after the OT started expanding beyond the first film he did plan to make more than just three
    Kind of odd to wait near 20 years between RotJ and Episode I though.

5. Post #2525
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    13,288 Posts
    Not really. He flat out said the technology wasn't where he wanted it to be, and he didn't want to deal with the studio system at all, so he literally waited until he had all the cards on his side of the table.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #2526
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    35,169 Posts

7. Post #2527
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    6,693 Posts
    Not really. He flat out said the technology wasn't where he wanted it to be, and he didn't want to deal with the studio system at all, so he literally waited until he had all the cards on his side of the table.
    He waited 20 years until he had the technology... to make this sack of shit.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

8. Post #2528
    November 2015
    1,607 Posts
    donta dissa tha' boss gungan
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #2529
    Biggest Homosex
    February 2011
    2,816 Posts
    Ah yes, the finest contribution to Star Wars canon ever made.

10. Post #2530
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    13,288 Posts
    He waited 20 years until he had the technology... to make this sack of shit.

Yousa goona get pyoonished...

11. Post #2531
    November 2014
    1,003 Posts
    De planet coooooore.

12. Post #2532
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    35,169 Posts
    There is a homage to ANH in the new planet of the apes movie, I haven't seen it yet, but    it is a reference to the scene where Luke spots the two banthas   

I'll have to keep I look out when I do see.

13. Post #2533
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    8,099 Posts
    Like being able to drink coffee and direct with a bunch of monitors without getting out of his seat.

Despite the often abysmal nature of the PT, you can see where a few moments where the technology is justified. Things like the pod racing, the clone wars (the war spefically not ep2) would never of worked out in the eighties. Though I don't know if this is a bad or good thing

14. Post #2534
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,534 Posts
    the clone wars (the war spefically not ep2) would never of worked out in the eighties.
    honestly i'd fucking LOVE to see an 80's version of the Clone Wars

15. Post #2535
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    35,169 Posts

I'm so used to Clone Wars/Rebels its weird seeing realistic clones now

16. Post #2536
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    35,169 Posts
    Spencer Wilding, one of the people to physically play Vader in Rogue One, is allegedly working on the Han Solo film.

Now that doesn't mean he'll be playing Vader, he could be playing a Wookiee, or another tall alien, or maybe not even an alien at all.

17. Post #2537
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    34,247 Posts
    Spencer Wilding, one of the people to physically play Vader in Rogue One, is allegedly working on the Han Solo film.

Now that doesn't mean he'll be playing Vader, he could be playing a Wookiee, or another tall alien, or maybe not even an alien at all.
    Or it could mean he's playing Vader
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #2538
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    35,169 Posts
    God, I hope not
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #2539
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    35,169 Posts
    Higher res images of the Lego TLJ sets

https://imgur.com/a/W59JM

Edited:

Leaked BTS images from TLJ

http://imgur.com/a/EuFat

these match the descriptions that Making Star Wars has given for characters over the last couple months. Their source must be someone from marketing.

20. Post #2540
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    15,470 Posts

Edited:

these match the descriptions that Making Star Wars has given for characters over the last couple months. Their source must be someone from marketing.
       Is Snoke practical makeup or is he CGI?   

21. Post #2541
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    35,169 Posts
       Is Snoke practical makeup or is he CGI?   
       A combination of puppets and CGI from what I've heard.   

22. Post #2542
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    15,470 Posts
       A combination of puppets and CGI from what I've heard.   
       I was hoping Andy Serkis would be put into makeup when I saw him   

23. Post #2543
    October 2011
    1,205 Posts

the background for one of the scout walker pics has a bunch of TIE Bombers in it. ages ago when the first rumours about Kylo's fighter appeared there were mentions of bombers appearing in TLJ too.

also I need that Kylo starfighter set so badly holy shit. 

Edited:

snoke's minifigure looks exactly like goldmember and I will never not find that hilarious.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #2544
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    5,457 Posts
    NGL a lot of those sets don't look all that visually interesting.

The new AT AT looks alright, kylos TIE is alright but not as menacing as I would hope, the new star destroyer looks alright but without some other iconic feature like the massive protruding bridge like on republic/imperial destroyers it just looks kind of generic. The resistance vehicles (especially the pod) and the scout walker just look kind of dumpy I guess? The new bomber just kind of looks sorta like a B wing sans the folding gimmick.

kind of disappointing that lego starwars is getting two lines of mostly bleh sets, I'm looking at you drop ship with permanently folded wings.

25. Post #2545
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    35,169 Posts
    NGL a lot of those sets don't look all that visually interesting.

The new AT AT looks alright, kylos TIE is alright but not as menacing as I would hope, the new star destroyer looks alright but without some other iconic feature like the massive protruding bridge like on republic/imperial destroyers it just looks kind of generic. The resistance vehicles (especially the pod) and the scout walker just look kind of dumpy I guess? The new bomber just kind of looks sorta like a B wing sans the folding gimmick.
    The Star Destroyer is the same one from TFA, it just doesn't translate to Lego very well.

And we've gotten in-movie render of Kylo's TIE fighter last week, looks a lot better then the lego version.

26. Post #2546
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    6,693 Posts

Edited:

Snoke    looks extremely human, a lot more so than any alien race we've seen. Maybe we were fed a red herring about his origins?   

27. Post #2547
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    35,169 Posts
    Snoke    looks extremely human, a lot more so than any alien race we've seen. Maybe we were fed a red herring about his origins?   
    That was also a non solid hologram in TFA
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #2548
    High Admiral of the United FP Alliance
    December 2009
    4,176 Posts
    If that Star Destroyer doesn't cost an arm and a leg I might actually buy it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #2549
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    35,169 Posts
    Spencer has shot down the rumours that hes in the Han Solo film

http://screenrant.com/han-sol-movie-...mor-dismissed/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)