1. Post #3641
    November 2014
    388 Posts
    nemu's proving ground is fairly active and has cactus canyon in its payload map rotation just FYI
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #3642
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    10,722 Posts
    yeah I don't really see the doom and destruction of community servers after MyM. imo that was blown out of proportions.

You're less likely to see complete newbies since they aren't automatically sent to comm servers anymore so you mostly only face regulars, but isn't that what people want? More skilled players?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #3643
    September 2012
    2,365 Posts
    yeah I don't really see the doom and destruction of community servers after MyM. imo that was blown out of proportions.

You're less likely to see complete newbies since they aren't automatically sent to comm servers anymore so you mostly only face regulars, but isn't that what people want? More skilled players?
    Community servers that ran normal map rotations and played normal TF2 seemed to die out for the most part post MyM but modded servers/game modes, trade servers and probably some 24/7 stuff seems to be doing fine.

4. Post #3644
    ics
    May 2006
    262 Posts
    Community servers that ran normal map rotations and played normal TF2 seemed to die out for the most part post MyM but modded servers/game modes, trade servers and probably some 24/7 stuff seems to be doing fine.
    MyM never killed community servers. The purge of those was initiated about 2013-2014, when Valve reverted most of the quickplay traffic to their servers from the community ones. Servers slowly begun to die. First in lower populated player areas, then in some. Biggest garbage remained and mods that people have found out due to pretty much nothing else being available with players on them. MyM just removed already deprecated system.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #3645
    September 2012
    2,365 Posts
    So I want to know what game mode everyone thinks the new Valve Jungle map will be.
    After the Pyro/Jungle map comes out I'll use a random number generator to choose 2 people who made the a correct guess. Each winner will get a key from the new update (or whatever the key equivalent is in the update)

Rate Agree for Payload
    Rate Disagree for Attack/Defend CP
    Rate Funny for 5CP/3CP(powerhouse style)
    Rate Winner for KotH
    Rate Zing for CTF
    Rate Informative for MVM
    Rate Friendly for alternate game mode like Payload Race/Robot Destruction/MannPower/Passtime/Special Delivery/etc
    Rate Useful for Arena and the glorious return of arena mode in Pyro/Jungle update
    Rate Optimistic for a new gamemode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)