1. Post #3361
    Gold Member

August 2012
    2,105 Posts
    If only it was just the headphones and not a giant fucking record player strapped to their head. Jesus Christ Valve, do you even care about your theme anymore?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

2. Post #3362
    September 2012
    2,710 Posts
    I wanna know how the meeting went when they were thinking of making this.
    Eric: Okay everyone we need to come up with a promo for the soundtrack before we go on our company vacation to Hawaii. Does anyone have any good ideas?

Jill: Since there's a vinyl version how about a hat with a record player on top of it connected to head phones?

Eric: Brilliant, that's what we'll go with. We'll have one of our artists knock it out when we get back. I'll see everyone in Hawaii.

Turns out it was all Jill's fault.

What's my life turned into? I'm writing fan fiction for TF2 team meetings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3363
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    12,767 Posts
    If only it was just the headphones and not a giant fucking record player strapped to their head. Jesus Christ Valve, do you even care about your theme anymore?
    ehhh theme-wise it's one of the more fitting cosmetics, even if it looks stupid. Period-correct and sufficiently 60s spy comedy/shoe phone-esque.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 New Opera Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

4. Post #3364
    February 2014
    780 Posts
    I would of been happy with just a cassette player which would strap to the waist of the player with some headphones hooked on them which would randomly spurt out musical note particles.

I get they were trying to be creative, but boy is that a mess...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Internet Explorer 11 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #3365
    September 2014
    2,438 Posts
    The album is available on Spotify.

Although I'm eager to buy the physical edition, toh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

6. Post #3366
    February 2012
    319 Posts
    It needs to make a record-scratch when the person wearing it dies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #3367
    Dennab
    June 2016
    784 Posts
    I think the promo hat is pretty cool tbh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #3368
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,496 Posts
    It needs to make a record-scratch when the person wearing it dies
    No no, it needs to replace the killcam zoom in sound for anyone you kill or whenever you get killed with a record scratch.

*record-scratch*
    Yep, that's me. You're probably wondering how I got into this situation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 21 (list)

9. Post #3369
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    8,932 Posts
    Its even worse than the chess hat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 4 (list)

10. Post #3370
    July 2007
    790 Posts
    ehhh theme-wise it's one of the more fitting cosmetics, even if it looks stupid. Period-correct and sufficiently 60s spy comedy/shoe phone-esque.
    I love it for that: it's a joke. It's horribly impractical, but it's clear it has a purpose. Audiophiles that want the best quality sound even in the middle of battle.

Many would have preferred a more serious item, like how I wanted the jukebox dispenser, but this has that absurd charm to it. Unlike many other promo/achievement hats. Head full of steam, anyone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #3371
    April 2016
    1,286 Posts

All class, Needle is jiggle boned to swing around.
    Good grief lol.

Even if it's way to early for it's time, I would have just preferred a good looking set of headphones for the scout with maybe a CD player attached to his belt or something instead lol.

Just a little bit over the top with that design lol.

I would of been happy with just a cassette player which would strap to the waist of the player with some headphones hooked on them which would randomly spurt out musical note particles.

I get they were trying to be creative, but boy is that a mess...
    Actually yeah, a Cassette player would probably be way more time appropriate then a CD Player now that you mention it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #3372
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    8,140 Posts
    Its even worse than the chess hat.
    At the very least the chess hat does something neat - Changes the chess piece depending on your current killstreak. This doesn't even have something fancy like that.

It would atleast be worth looking like a complete tool if it had the record scratch effect people have mentioned, and it would be something different in the form of a cosmetic for the freeze frame.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #3373
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,634 Posts
    I did preorder the soundtrack but i didnt get any code to get this hat. where i get the code?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events

14. Post #3374
    January 2015
    144 Posts
    Its weird how initially I thought the Sound file hat was the stupidest hat ever put in tf2 and now I want it. Something about having a turntable on my head seems right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #3375
    Call me "Sir Doctor"
    November 2011
    2,344 Posts
    I personally think they needed to have spent more time on the idea of the promo hat.
    Its a novel enough idea I guess, but it could have been something much better that might have actually moved copies beyond trader nerds and people that wanted the soundtrack.
    And not been really fucking dumb.
    Here hoping against hope that they add a second style to disable the turntable.
    But valve just seems to have forgotten about styles as of late.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #3376
    Gold Member
    July 2012
    8,942 Posts
    I did preorder the soundtrack but i didnt get any code to get this hat. where i get the code?
    It's probably a physical code that comes with the soundtrack.

EDIT: Which reminds me, apparently with my two day shipping I'm supposed to be getting the vinyl next Friday. That kinda sucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #3377
    July 2007
    790 Posts
    It's probably a physical code that comes with the soundtrack.

EDIT: Which reminds me, apparently with my two day shipping I'm supposed to be getting the vinyl next Friday. That kinda sucks.
    Yeah, it's a physical code.

As far as Amazon goes, seems like everyone's Vinyl order was delayed. CDs arrived right on schedule. Can any other non-Amazon Vinyl orderers confirm if theirs is on time or delayed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #3378
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    2,815 Posts
    Fuck the haters, the hat is so retarded its amazing.
    I need that hat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

19. Post #3379
    April 2014
    936 Posts
    Just got my CD right now, they let you know that the code is inside the case. Features a nice little battle damaged mercs alternative to the cover art on the back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Canada Show Events

20. Post #3380
    Pyrosexual Member (I vigorously masturbate to flames)
    March 2011
    13,466 Posts
    The hat is a funny joke, but once you've seen it one time, that's all you ever need. It sucks otherwise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #3381
    June 2016
    92 Posts
    Apologies if this has already been discussed: can someone do a quick TL;DR as to why Valve is releasing this soundtrack right now? Does anyone actually know?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #3382
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,634 Posts
    Yeah, it's a physical code.

As far as Amazon goes, seems like everyone's Vinyl order was delayed. CDs arrived right on schedule. Can any other non-Amazon Vinyl orderers confirm if theirs is on time or delayed?
    So people like me who preorder the digital version gets nothing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #3383
    August 2016
    259 Posts
    So people like me who preorder the digital version gets nothing?
    Correct, sadly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Lithuania Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

24. Post #3384
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,634 Posts
    Correct, sadly.
    what a waste of my money then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #3385
    Gold Member
    January 2013
    1,545 Posts
    only serves you right if you buy the digital version and get no in-game item
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Belgium Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #3386
    September 2014
    2,438 Posts
    http://imgur.com/a/yYgcN [DONT CHECK IT OUT IF YOU DONT WANNA RUIN THE SURPRISE OF THE PHYSICAL VERSIONS]

The physical version of the Musicl has a lot of love put into it, it even has a tiny photo-show of the mercs ;w; I've also noticed that Pyro is undamaged at the other side of the Box, perhaps a nod to the update?

Source: https://de.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments...s_has_arrived/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Winner Winner x 4Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #3387
    April 2016
    666 Posts
    http://imgur.com/a/yYgcN

The physical version of the vinyl has a lot of love put into it, it even has a tiny photo-show of the mercs ;w;

It's good to see valve's writing is still top notch

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 21Agree Agree x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #3388
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    2,815 Posts
    Are there any differences from the in-game tracks?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

29. Post #3389
    Person
    June 2008
    8,940 Posts
    http://imgur.com/a/yYgcN [DONT CHECK IT OUT IF YOU DONT WANNA RUIN THE SURPRISE OF THE PHYSICAL VINYL]

The physical version of the vinyl has a lot of love put into it, it even has a tiny photo-show of the mercs ;w; I've also noticed that Pyro is undamaged at the other side of the Vinyl, perhaps a nod to the update?

That's the CD, though, not the vinyl.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

30. Post #3390
    September 2014
    2,438 Posts
    That's the CD, though, not the vinyl.
    My bad.

However I doubt the inner writing and the like will be different.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events

31. Post #3391
    February 2016
    158 Posts
    You're all wrong, the promo should've been an 8 track player.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

32. Post #3392
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,198 Posts
    Havent followed the game for a while but it seems like they just gave up with this promo item. The Ap Sap was far cooler.

Even the Grandmaster is better assuming you didnt pay 100 fucking dollars for a chess game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #3393

April 2017
    128 Posts

I wanna know how the meeting went when they were thinking of making this.
    It actually made me laugh when i thought of the concept idea for this hat. This is what people in the 1960s speculated would be how you could listen to music, "on the go" haha, before the idea of walkmans and cassette players ever existed. To the 1960s, this woulda been revolutionary. haha

Think it almost fits, but you have to get the joke a little for it not to be an obnoxious hat and i dont like the silhouette mess up it can cause.

Plus its a bit too goofy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Useful Useful x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #3394
    January 2016
    496 Posts

Oh god no
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

35. Post #3395
    October 2014
    2,067 Posts

Oh god no
    what the fuck is this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #3396
    March 2017
    238 Posts
    what the fuck is this?
    a strawberry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #3397
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,764 Posts

Oh god no
    "Silly Scout and his strawberries"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

38. Post #3398
    October 2014
    2,067 Posts
    a strawberry
    you undermeant what I stood, stop standing under what I mean
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #3399
    I sell Bot Doggers and Bot Dogger accessories
    November 2011
    1,601 Posts

And here I was about to buy the OST, not anymore. That is possibly the worst Valve-made cosmetic to date. And I'm even including the Reddit hat!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #3400
    January 2015
    1,565 Posts
    Merc HQ (Abandoned Uranium Mill)
    Photo F(T?) Pauling
    Miss Pauling has a first name confirmed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)