1. Post #321
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    752 Posts
    Espionage is sent. A few nuggets of information for you:

1. Turns are due Friday the 7th at midnight EST. The more I can get in this weekend, the better. I will have a 4-day weekend for 'Murrika Day so I can do a lot then if I get turns early.

2. The UN will be open for resolutions until through this Friday the 30th. This way everyone can incorporate the results into their turn.

3. You probably noticed that it took a while to get this turn out. The reason for that is that I have a full-time job now, and because I had some family stuff going on over the last few weeks. The next one won't take as long because I won't have the latter holding me back, but to be sure of it I will be limiting turns to 10 lines plus your three tech choices from this point on. This is as much to keep the pace of the game as it is for my own sanity, since there are a dozen of you.

4. If I told you about my plan to cancel the RP on turn 10, it's just a #prank bro. I'm feeling a lot better about my ability to carry this one (to the heat death of the universe if interest remains) after getting stuff done last weekend. If you want to know what I was planning on doing for my next RP, feel free to inquire within. I actually had several ideas, including one complete OP.

5. We have Wiki pages now! And there was much rejoicing.
    Damien is a very improtsnt person and if you. don't thank him i will ban you
       why do i remember that post   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #322
    February 2017
    573 Posts
    Ambassador Türkekul Kurttekin's speech to the UN general assembly:

In recent months, the nations and their representatives assembled here have no doubt heard of the wave of terror that has gripped the Turkish nation. To those who aided us: I thank you, and to those who have aided our enemy, and sponsored extremists, radicals and terrorists across our proud nation, killing innocents and the defenseless, we defy you. To the killers of Necla Orta, a mother of five in Alanya, Haci Sahin, a four year old boy who happened to be riding his bike near an unattended bag in Samsun, or Temel Vural, a young recruit into our army who was beheaded while on leave in Istanbul, we will find you, and we will bring you to justice.

I wish we could simply blame this on Al Qaeda, on these radicals and terrorists, and as we have in times back, unify as an organization and march together against these harbingers of evil. These times are not so simple however, as, despite our greatest wishes and in confirmation of our deepest fears, we have found that this is not the action of a group of individuals living in the darkness of our more civilized society, but of a fellow member of this organization. Not only a member, but one of the founding leaders of this United Nations.

Today, the Peace at Home Council presents evidence, supplied from countless hours of work, effort and blood on behalf of the National Intelligence Organization (MİT), the Armenian National Security Service of the Republic of Armenia (NSS), the American Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), and the Egyptian General Intelligence Directorate (GID), that implicated the Eurasian Union and its leaders in funding terrorism in Turkey and abroad. While we presently have no evidence linking Eurasia to the nuclear attacks on our friends in America and China, which claimed the lives of thousands, we will present the information to the members of this council and ask that they, so they say, connect the dots.

The evidence presented here confirms Eurasia as a terror state, a nation hellbent on increasing its own power, which has gleefully destroyed the lives of the meek and innocent to attain more strength.

Eurasian Attack on Turkish Economy:
    After the cyber attack on the Turkish stock-market, members of the MİT and NSS both worked to trace back the attacks. While both organizations were unable to locate the source, they were able to match the code (and attackers) with those that had previously attacked markets in the former People's Republic of China (one of Eurasia's two potential rivals (including the United States) and one of the two victims of nuclear terrorism (including the United States)). Independent assistance from defectors from the Chinese Ministry of State Security led to a discovery that the Chinese had successfully traced the attack back to Eurasia, but had decided against disclosing the information to the rest of the world.
    Transportation of Somali Extremists:
    During the international intervention in Somalia, an (unnamed for personal security) Egyptian army officer, training with members of the Egyptian GID, spotted Eurasian POW transports moving towards a temporary airfield built by the Eurasian military built by members of the Eurasian army in Somalia.
    The officer concluded it was a POW transport due to the vehicles carrying several dozen enemy combatants, however, he reported that they were unrestrained and carrying automatic weapons (magazines removed).
    Somali Extremists Attack Turkey:
    The MİT immediately discovered after the beginning of the attacks that most of the attacks were being committed by Al-Qaeda terrorists that were last seen in Somalia shortly before the UN intervention or who had contacted Al-Qaeda members there. The MİT, along with independent investigators, failed to find any reason for the spark in Kurdish extremism as well, with members of the Kurdish State as well as the independent nation of Kurdistan both agreeing that the Kurdistan Freedom Hawks were unlikely to have organically grown as an organization.
    Source of Funding to Extremists Traced to Eurasia:
    Further investigation in the following months, after the attack on Turkey was quelled by Turkey and her allies, discovered that Eurasian shell companies tied to Eurasian state oil organizations had purchased tickets and accommodation for terror suspects en route to Turkey before the attacks.
    The same organizations were found to have bought and offloaded Turkish stocks in coordination with the attack on the Turkish economy. The organizations were found to be shells, only existing on paper and in name, but all have ties to Eurasia's leaders and closest supporters.
    The Peace at Home Council takes no joy in this announcement, and wishes only that in these times of darkness, the forces of good will unify against such evil. To this end, the Peace at Home Council, along with NATO, the East Entente, and with backing primarily from the United States, Egypt, and Armenia, will immediately cease all trade with Eurasia, and begin pursuing any and all means to stop the Eurasian menace from further terror across the world. As per the Montreux Convention Regarding the Regime of the Straits, Turkey is allowed to close the Bosporus and Dardanelles straits to all ships, military and merchant, from a nation at war with Turkey or threatening its national security. To this end, the Turkish navy, as well as forces on the land and air, and with assistance from the US Navy and Marine Corps, will now ensure the blocking of the passage to all ships coming to or from Eurasia.

We urge all nations of the UN to join us in our sanctions. Anyone who fears for their economy will be able to find new friends and new business partners in these allied nations, and anyone fearing for their security and well being can find this in NATO, or, if unable to pursue this road, then in the East Entente, which Turkey and the assembled member states opens to all who fear the Eurasian devil.

To Eurasia: If you wish for this to end, and to return to peace with your fellow man, then we present these demands:

1. Pay reparations for those killed in the terrorist attacks in Turkey and for money lost in the economic attacks

2. End the sponsoring of terror groups worldwide

3. Immediately hold referendums in the member states of Eurasia, with UN monitoring, on whether they wish to remain in the Eurasian Union or be independent and free

4. Withdraw from Somalia and abandon all airbases there

5. Open up all Eurasian intelligence and government organizations to UN investigators to confirm the extent of Eurasian terror sponsorship
    Thank you.
    Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #323
    March 2014
    6,430 Posts
    It has been a year since the new Treaty of Nuclear non-Proliferation has been signed and the failure of 3 states to sign and ratify the treaty is alarming. For that purpose, as put forward by Article X of the treaty, we hereby suggest the following draft for a UN Security Council resolution, because it is very important to strengthen monitoring and verification systems and allow nuclear watchdogs to inspect any facility anytime anywhere in the world, to prevent any more tragedies from occurring.
    UN Security Council Resolution No. 1429

The Security Council, acting under the UN Charter and the Article X of the NPT,

1- Demands, Indochina, North Korea and Iran to immediately open up to IAEA inspectors all their nuclear facilities in order to determine that they are, in fact not in the process of acquiring nuclear weapons.

2- Urges, the above mentioned states to sort their differences, and be parties of the NPT as soon as possible.

3- Requires, If the above mentioned conditions are not met, all party states to exercise vigilance and prevent the transfer of any items, materials, good and technology that could contribute to Iran's, North Korea's or Indochina's enrichment-related and reprocessing activities and ballistic missile programmes, as well as sanction individuals and entities deemed to be providing support for these countries' proliferation-related activities.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 5Useful Useful x 2 (list)

4. Post #324
    December 2012
    5,226 Posts
    UN Security Council Resolution No. 1430
    Sponsored by the United States of America
    With recent evidence linking Eurasian ties to terrorist groups, the US proposes the following.

1. The Eurasian Federation open its intelligence agencies to screenings and investigation by UN authorities

2. The Eurasian Federation halt all activities(i.e movements, attacks, etc. [not including stations]) regarding military for the duration of the investigation

3. The Eurasian Federation will halt production of all fissile materials for the duration of the investigation.

4. Upon conclusion of the investigation, the investigation committee are to report their findings to the UN General Assembly for proper judgement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 5Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #325
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    34,620 Posts
    My god you guys are paranoid.

I have iterated in almost every turn since I started developing nuclear power that my plants, plans, scientists, and infrastructure have been open to international inspection before even the first shovel was put into the ground to lay a foundation

6. Post #326
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    752 Posts
    Turns are now due Saturday.

I Have

Like 5 USAs
    Armenia
    China
    Egypt
    Brazil
    Germany
    Turkey
    Indochina
    Eurasia
    Japan
    France

I Need

Iran
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

7. Post #327
    The best headhumper of the galaxy.
    January 2012
    2,258 Posts
        so uh its too late to join in right    

8. Post #328
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    752 Posts
        so uh its too late to join in right    
    Unfortunately I am more or less at my limit, this RP got a lot bigger than I was expecting. I will let you know if a slot opens up after this turn, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

9. Post #329
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    752 Posts
    Out of the bottom of my tiny, tiny heart I have found the kindness to give you an extension until tomorrow night. Iran is warned that missing two consecutive turns will mean having that slot opened for Zanzibar RockmanYoshi. I'm hoping to get the turn out before I go to New York in two weeks, but I can't delay for much longer and also do that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

10. Post #330
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    752 Posts

intro music

Turn 10 Preview: Dire Straits

Excerpt from BBC World Service Broadcast, 15 September 2004

Good evening and thanks for tuning into Newshour with me, Tim Franks. It’s one o’clock here in London and three in the afternoon in Istanbul where our main story comes from today. It has been a month now since Egypt closed the Suez to military vessels from all non-AU nations, prompting outrage from not only Her Majesty’s government but indeed from most nations using the canal. Yesterday, however, we learned of an even greater escalation involving another of the world’s great shipping lanes. For that story, we turn to Orla Guerin, who is in Istanbul to cover the growing tensions between Turkey and Eurasia.

Guerin In conflict after conflict from the fall of Constantinople to the Battle of Gallipoli, the control of the Turkish Straits has been a subject of hot contention between world powers seeking to influence this vital connection between the Mediterranean and Black Seas. After the signing of the Montreux Convention in 1936, the Turkish government agreed that the straits would be open to all nations possessing coastline on the Black Sea.

Yesterday night, however, that all changed. After revelations about potential Eurasian involvement in the wave of terrorism taking place over the last year, tensions between Turkey and Eurasia are quickly becoming untenable. In spite of Eurasian complicity with a variety of demands made by both Turkey and the international community, including their ability to inspect intelligence archives, it seems all trust has collapsed. Elections have been delayed yet again, and it seems that both countries are on an undeclared warpath. The latest dramatic move by the ruling Peace at Home Council has been to shutter the straits to all Eurasian shipping, military and civilian. In doing so, they have violated the aforementioned Montreux Convention regulating traffic on the straits. However, as Eurasia is quickly becoming a pariah state in the eyes of the West, it seems the junta is convinced they will receive international backing in this initiative. We talked to General Kıvrıkoğlu himself, and this is what he had to say on the matter:

Kıvrıkoğlu The Turkish Republic has alway maintained the right to close the Bosphorus to invaders and hostile powers. The Eurasians are waging a silent, undeclared war in which they ship terrorists to our soil and attempt to undermine our government and economy. Just because this isn’t a declared conflict doesn’t mean it is not happening. By restricting the movements of this hostile power, we have the means to force them to the negotiating table, and finally bring the “Peace at Home, and Peace in the World” that Atatürk, and this administration of national salvation, have always stood for.

Guerin Here in Istanbul today, that peace seems only more and more distant. The government is aiming to turn this relatively cosmopolitan city of some seventeen million into a fortress, seeing it as the beating heart of Turkey, one that is constantly threatened by the dagger of terrorism, or perhaps another Gallipoli- though this time, it would come from the other direction. To achieve the goal of making this city a fortress straddling Europe and Asia, they’ve taken the help of the American government, and specifically the US Marine Corps. Lieutenant Barton of the Marines met us at the ruins of the Byzantine-era Riva Castle to discuss how the new, modern fortifications are shaping up.

Barton Well, it’s a hell of a setup we’ve got going in here. Nobody’s going to be getting close to Istanbul without the permission of NATO and the East Entente, not without all kindsa hellfire comin’ down on ‘em. Just yonder on the horizon there you can see several oil-rig lookin’ things. Those are our new Integrated Defense Platforms. They’re decked out with radar, surrounded with Sonobuoy emplacements, and bristling with Harpoon anti-ship missiles and Aegis ashore AA and ABM batteries. Well, I s’pose they ain’t really ashore, but you catch my drift. Whole bunch of other stuff is goin’ on, but that’s all classified.

Guerin What isn’t classified is the heavy Turkish military presence within the city itself. After the wave of terrorist attacks that took a major toll on the civilian population, heavily armed soldiers assisted by armored vehicles monitor the major street corners and frequently go door to door on euphemistically-named “house calls” to root out suspected terrorist cells and Eurasian spies. We discussed the situation with a group of Turkish conscripts who were off duty.

Guerin Excuse me, does one of you speak English? We’re with the BBC, can you tell us about the situation with Eurasia?

Turkish Conscript Stink Russians think they can come terrorist our country. They wrong. Ahaha Putin we will get you!!! Eliminate borscht from the Europe. Borscht has worst stink, I can smell it every time terrorist come to Istanbul. That is what makes our old people sick, not virus from Kazakhstan, it is stink of Russian pig coming into our country.

Another Turkish Conscript Putin we will crush you! Your Gang of Eleven, not real gangsters like Tupac. Tupac alive in Turkey. He make fast rap for us. Turkey best country!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

11. Post #331
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    2,590 Posts
    Turk posted:
    virus from Kazakhstan

12. Post #332
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    752 Posts
    Abraham Lincoln posted:
    I have not permitted myself, gentlemen, to conclude that I am the best man in the country; but I am reminded, in this connection, of a story of an old Dutch farmer, who remarked to a companion once that it was not best to swap horses when crossing streams.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #333
    December 2012
    5,226 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #334
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    753 Posts

Pictured: Al Gore celebrating his election victory, 2004
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

15. Post #335
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    752 Posts
    THE TURNINATOR

Done

Gore [the sfw kind]
    .jp
    Chyna
    Nazbol Gang
    Gaddafi Lite
    arMenya
    the Euroreich
    rice farmers
    The Kebab Team™
    Brazilian Board of Tourism
    the recently-renamed Französische Republik
    Kenya believe it's not butter?
    cash money mathematics
    mapparoni & cheese

Doing

undercover tactical fuckfests
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

16. Post #336
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    752 Posts
    I have an RP thread? Oh right

I'm planning several things to spruce up the RP a bit as we get into our tenth turn. Here's a quick rundown:

Chapters: I'm planning on segmenting the RP into chapters. New chapters will be started every few turns based on what's going on. This doesn't affect gameplay and turns will be as before, but it will make it a nicer read for future readers. So far the structure is:

Chapter 1: The End of History? Turns 1-4: Covering the basic politics and technologies of the new era, before any real crisis
    Chapter 2: The Return of History and the End of Dreams Turns 5-7: The nuclear attacks and their aftermath, the wars in the MENA region as well as the Second Sino-Indian War
    Chapter 3: The Great Consolidation Turns 7-10: Major government restructuring across the world as nations seek to strengthen themselves and band together in blocs to survive as tensions skyrocket

I'll probably keep demarcating the chapters in hindsight.

Artistic Stuff: Remember when we were totally doing awards? I still want to do that after this turn, and there's a $20 bounty (for Steam/Origin games) if you can make some decent-looking awards. A separate $30 reward is offered for the creation of player infoboxes that I can use in my turns and edit with relative ease myself, similarly to Zilla and Doomevil's RPs. I will then go back and apply them to the last nine turns. Neither of these have to be done before this turn is out.

Vote on new economic info! The credit ratings mechanic is nice to give you a very broad view of your economy, but for it to be useful it needs more information accompanying it to give it some depth. I will add three items in addition to the credit ratings for this and future turns, as well as possibly previous ones. Your options are:

GDP Growth- Agree
    Currency Strength- Disagree
    Trade Deficit- Winner
    Budget Deficit- Informative
    Rate of Employment- Useful
    Inflation Rate- Funny

All figures will be relative to one year ago TTL. Rate the one that's most important to you and I will include the top three. Outside votes will be considered, but are secondary to players.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 3Informative Informative x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #337
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    752 Posts

Turn 10: 1 July- 31 December 2004

World Events

Dire Straits. In a major escalation of its diplomatic crisis with Eurasia, Turkey declares Eurasian actions to be signs of an undeclared war, justifying the closure of the Turkish Straits to Eurasian warships. Eurasia retaliates with sanctions, but it is unknown just how much further this crisis can spiral without descending into all-out war.
    Caucasia Unites. Years of backroom talks and economic integration as well as the threat of external attack have led the nations of Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia to integrate under the flag of the Transcaucasian Republic. The new nation inherits a frozen conflict, ethnic, religious, and linguistic differences, as well as the need for reforms in Azerbaijan and Georgia to stamp out oligarchy and corruption. If it can hold together, Caucasia will be a new regional force in the century.
    A New Suez Crisis? In a move that shocks the international community, Egypt imposes a total ban on use of the Suez Canal by foreign ships of war. This is regarded as a major provocation by all seafaring nations, especially Israel and the European Union, the former needing to transit ships and submarines between Haifa and Eilat, and the latter now unable to carry out anti-piracy operations without sailing all the way around Africa. A Eurasian cruiser also finds itself stranded in the Gulf of Suez, unable to travel to Tartous for repairs but unable to return to Berbera in its state of disrepair. The crew are forced to wait several weeks for an oceangoing tug to reach it and bring it back to Somaliland. Though this act was made to promote regional stability and prevent foreign imperialism, many analysts see this as driving the international community away from Egypt.
    Mysterious Deaths in Turkey. Dozens of elderly patients in Istanbul and Almaty are killed by a new virus that targets the immune system in a manner similar to AIDS but can be spread through aerial transmission. The disease is easily identified and repelled by the immune systems of those under 60 and elderly people in above-average physical condition. Officially designated Anti-Replicatory Immunovirus (ARIV) by the World Health Organization, it is quickly dubbed Constantine’s Revenge by the media due to the majority of cases being identified in Istanbul in the wake of a Kazakh passenger carrying it into Istanbul Atatürk Airport.
    Ukraine Turns Orange. After Viktor Yanukovych wins the Ukrainian presidential elections, evidence of vote rigging in his favor lead to mass demonstrations against his ties to Eurasia and attempts to drift the country back away from the East Entente and European Union. The government eventually capitulates and calls a second runoff to determine the true winner in January, with the result threatening to drive a greater ethnic divide between the east and west of the country.
    Four More for Gore. Riding on a promise of proportioned retribution against America’s enemies and continued reform to lead the nation back to its place as the undisputed sole superpower, Al Gore is re-elected for his second term as President of the United States. A hotly contested race against Rudy Giuliani ends as the nation settles in for the next four years, though the Senate is taken back by Republicans who promise to make a stand against Gore’s massive spending and sometimes haphazard foreign policy decisions.
    The Quest for a Superconductor. Searching for the next big innovation in electricity storage, France founds the International Supercapacitor Project. With energy from fusion driving down energy costs and driving up availability, French scientists believe this is the next logical step as greater energy portability can lead to major innovations in fields ranging from robotics to transportation. By finding a way to bridge the gap between electrochemical storage and electrostatic storage, it is thought that Supercapacitors could store ten or even a hundred times the amount of energy found in the most capable modern batteries of comparable size, while charging and delivering charges much faster. ESAT members join the research, as do the UK, Japan, China, and several other contributors.
    Ceasefire Holding in Southeast Asia. The conflict in Thailand sees a lengthy hold as China and other regional nations broker a ceasefire. By the end of the year, however, it seems ready to burst as the rebels are regaining their strength and Thailand is keen to eliminate them once and for all before they lose their advantage.
    The Ichkeria Files. A broad UN investigation into Eurasian sponsorship of terrorism reveals several alarming details, all seemingly related to the schemes of Ichkerian President Aslan Masxadaŋ. A former islamist guerilla and founder of the Eurasian-backed republic, it appears his old habits haven’t really died after all. Extensive documentation suggests a cabal of corrupt Eurasian officers paid by Masxadaŋ to assist him in freeing terrorists from abroad to come to Ichkeria and plot a broader uprising in the Caucasus, diverting many to Turkey to exploit existing tensions across the Black Sea and bait the two nations into a war that they could then capitalize upon. Several officers of Eurasian state energy corporations are also implicated in the economic attacks on Turkey, with interrogations revealing that they sought to protect their business interests in Ichkeria during the planned Eurasia-Entente War. Eurasian media expounds these allegations with great vigor, leading to suspicion among the investigating powers who see the evidence as provided too readily, and at once all too perfect for absolving Eurasia. Also missing is anything tying Eurasia to the nuclear attacks in New York and Beijing, denying the probe its most sought-after evidence.
    More Trouble in Serbia. After a disputed election won by the Serbian Radical Party on a platform of closer ties to Eurasia, the SRS takes power but is quickly stripped of its popular mandate as suspicion towards Eurasia and its role in the election, as well as global terrorism, increases. Protests force the Radicals to halt their legislative agenda and reverse an attempt at shifting trade away from the EU, but they stubbornly hold onto power to see out the year. Dueling protests are planned for the 200th Anniversary of the First Serbian Uprising in February, however, and it is anyone’s guess if this government will be able to hold on.
    Tsunami Devastates the Indian Ocean. A magnitude 9.1 earthquake spawns a tsunami reaching ten meters in height, devastating everything in its path. Up to 300,000 are though to be dead in one of history's worst natural disasters as the Thai and Indonesian coasts are devastated in waves that see cities washed away, ships capsized, and boats carried kilometers inland
    Nerd Creates Forum. In a shocking ripoff of SomethingAwful, some loser named Garry Newman launches this website. You could have prevented this

The United States of America- Joshuadim
    Executive- President Albert “Al” Gore (Democratic Party)
    Credit Rating: AA (Stable Outlook)
    GDP Growth: +1.8%
    Currency Strength: -1.6%
    Budget Deficit: +6%

-The 2004 election ends in a major victory for President Gore, who is granted four more years to implement his mandate of social spending, clean energy, and national security. Many fear that both Gore and Giuliani would have continued leading the country down the warpath, but Gore’s social programs were able to mobilize the lower class and secure a full Democratic victory, including control of Congress. Fox News accuses the president’s re-election campaign of busing voters to the polls in an unfair manner, but aside from the major anti-war protests that reject both candidates, the winner of the election itself is undisputedly Gore, who now can fully turn his attention to the growing global crisis
    -With the revelations about Eurasian interference in Turkey quickly enveloping the news cycle, the US steps up its involvement in the security of NATO and the East Entente. More tanks and aircraft are moved to Turkey, Poland, and Transcaucasia, and a new advisory system is put in place to send trainers to nations with less developed militaries who now face the weight of Eurasia right across their borders
    -At the White House, seven new nationsmeet with Secretary of Defense William Cohen and are admitted into NATO. The admission of the Baltic State in particular means that Eurasia now faces a much greater challenge in bringing these nations with significant ethnic Russian minorities to heel
    -With attention shifted to Eurasia, the Gore administration makes the controversial decision to remove sanctions from China. Many Republicans criticize this as a hasty decisions though many of the Chinese officials sanctioned by the measures were killed in Beijing. What was once the world’s largest trade relationship restarts in full, and it is expected to regain this status over the course of the coming year. Meanwhile, the sanctions are shifted to Eurasia, which feels a small sting from these measures targeting travel and properties of Eurasian officials and those connected to state energy
    -At the White Sands Missile Range, efforts are carried out to bring the Ground-Based Midcourse Defense System up to the 75% kill ratio currently sought out by the Army. So far, the tests have net only 55% of all test warheads launched. The problem of Multiple-Reentry Vehicles remains a serious issue, as decoy warheads are still able to routinely fool the interceptor, and the offending ICBM often simply carries too many warheads for a single launcher to take out
    -With the next four years of the administration secured, President Gore looks to secure a major part of his legacy, the new moonshot. Funding is diverted to the program as it seeks to create a truly livable pod where astronauts can stay and conduct lunar experiments for several months on end. Several experiment modules are also devised to study plant growth and extracting water from beneath the moon’s surface. The outcome of these experiments could prove some of the first major steps towards sustainable living on other worlds
    -Hoping to shift to a model of international trade that depends less on travel across oceans that would be risky in wartime, the Gore administration agrees with the governments of Mexico and Canada to put out feelers on expanding the decade-old NAFTA agreement into Central America. Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras all seize the opportunity to join the bloc, hoping it will bring greater prosperity to their textile and light manufacturing industries. Though the remaining nations of the region stay out for now, it is hoped assurances from the new Congress and re-elected administration on environmental and regulatory concerns will bring the rest of the region into the newly-renamed North & Central American Free Trade Agreement
    -In a surprise decision, the US Army decides to resurrect and implement the RAH-66 Comanche stealth attack helicopter program. Finding an urgent need to fill the gap of stealth rotary-wing capability, the prototypes are dug out of storage and fitted with new technology originally devised for the F-35. The result is a lightly armed but highly maneuverable attack helicopter with a radar profile equivalent to 1/365th of the Apache. The Marines are soon looking to procure the design for their own use, and both branches are pushing the Pentagon to apply the design lessons to create a stealthier transport based on the UH-60 Blackhawk

Japan- Mallow234
    Head of State: Emperor Akihito
    Head of Government: Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi (Liberal Democratic Party)
    Credit Rating: AA+ (Stable Outlook)
    GDP Growth: +2.3%
    Currency Strength: -5%
    Budget Deficit: -8.1%

-Japan joins the International Supertechnology Cooperative as it works with a global alliance of scientific elites working to produce a functional superconductor. Japanese research on graphene is granted to this cooperative, though it is not yet known what applications this technology could yield in the development of the new super-battery
    -At a meeting called by Japan, the Pacific Rim Strategic Cooperation Agreement debates the nuclear technology programs of Indochina and North Korea. The committee is able to agree that, while their actions regarding their neighbor are condemnable, the Indochinese nuclear program has been harmless and open about its nature. They also conclude that if no action is taken, North Korea will be able to produce a plutonium device with a yield of several kilotons by early 2006. So far, the delegations have only agreed to ramp up sanctions, but the door is left open to more dramatic action if the alliance can agree on how to proceed
    -Though this action may not seem overwhelming, the PRSCA agrees on a show of force to back its words towards North Korea. New exercises and interoperability training are held in South Korea, infuriating Kim Jong-Il, who tells his people that a greater commitment to Juche ideals will lead to the second crushing of the Japanese-led imperialists
    -With the Marine Self-Defense Forces always Japan’s first line of defense, increased global tensions once again results in the production of more ships and subs to patrol the seas. Thirteen state-of-the-art Sōryū-class diesel-electric submarines are ordered, as well as a pair of submarine tenders to extend their range. Completion of the Hyūga-class helicopter destroyers is also pushed forward to early 2005, as the MSDF becomes increasingly concerned about its ability to respond flexibly to any situation related to Indochina, North Korea, or worse
    -Perhaps the most important part of expanding this flexible response, however, is its increased commitment to naval logistics. Realizing their importance to Japan’s ability to contribute to any conflict involving its allies, natural disaster relief, or possible submarine warfare, the Japanese government steps in and orders vessels belonging to Japanese shippers organized into a proper Merchant Marine Reserve, to be called upon if and when needed
    -One useful development to this new reserve is the new Automax car carrier. Primarily designed for transporting cars from major automakers in Japan to the world market, this model of ship can also carry intermodal containers or function similarly to a dock landing ship in times of war, and is equipped with internal cranes to assist in these functions in areas where facilities are lacking
    -Of course, air superiority is another major line of defense, and here it is the new Mitsubishi F-3 that is keeping Japan at the top of the pack technologically. With test production ended, work starts on 10 full squadrons’ worth of the stealth fighters. The first is equipped by the end of the year, and only the best pilots are allowed to serve on these advanced aircraft in their early service phase
    -The crises abroad do not stop Japan from looking to address a growing crisis at home: the rapidly aging population. Though efforts of the past few years have helped reverse the decline in the birth rate, for those already of old age, these children will not be old enough to help out until their final days, and their presence means that new parents can divert less and less attention to their own parents and grandparents. Though the introduction of Long-Term Care insurance to the government’s social insurance program at the turn of the century was able to at least create some financial security for those in old age by providing them with the money to turn to the private sector instead of family caregivers, a new study commissioned on the matter finds that the huge over-65 population leaves even private caregiver organizations strained. Personnel shortages lead to substandard care, and small numbers of Korean workers joining this industry provide only a paltry relief. Unless more workers can be found or digital-age solutions improve, Granny’s future looks bleak, especially as the government begins frantically working to prevent introduction of Anti-Replicatory Immunovirus
    -Seeing the popularity of public works programs abroad, several such projects are introduced in Japan. A common project is replacing and reinforcing bridges in the mountainous terrain of the north, and introducing more transit services to the rural areas, far away from the state-of-the-art infrastructure of the cities. Job training is a major part of these programs, often serving as an alternative to university for many youths who are less interested in theoretical work and want to start earning money earlier

Utilitarian Technate of China- Malos
    Head of State: Overseer of the Utilitarian Technate, Marshall Guo Boxiong
    Head of Government: Technate Committee Chair Justin Yifu Lin
    Credit Rating: BB (Positive Outlook)
    GDP Growth: +3.2%
    Currency Strength: -3.6%
    Budget Deficit: -7.5%

-Though battered by the costly war with India and still sorting through the process of reorganizing the officer corps under the new regime, the Chinese military carries out major exercises to show its readiness for any future conflict. A series of drills held symbolically just outside of Beijing test a variety of strategic capabilities, and help the officers gain experience organizing their men in realistic combat scenarios. Not all is perfect, as evidenced by the fatal collision of a pair of aging Nanchang Q-5 attack jets during the exercises, but with a massive weight of numbers and many seasoned combat veterans, China’s military is still a major force to be reckoned with
    -Agreements between France and China on the development of fusion energy are renewed as the French continue working on continuously improved reactor designs. It is hoped that breaking the five gigawatt barrier in the near future could mean a drastic overhaul and simplification of the power grid, allowing a reactor or two to power an entire province, a real feat in a country as vast as China
    -Chinese consumer electronics are sold at decreased prices to Armenia in exchange for solar equipment developed in Armenia. Though this saturates Armenia’s tiny market and pushes out some indigenous electronic gadgets, both sides find an overall benefit as modern Chinese phones and computers become far more accessible to Armenians while the construction of solar arrays in rural China helps convince this major Chinese demographic that the new government hasn’t forgotten about them as the lights of the city spread to the country
    -As part of its ongoing effort to wipe out Communist iconography, the iconic Mao Renminbi banknote is slowly phased out and replaced with a new series of notes featuring the Technocratic Overseer Guo Boxiong sporting the iconic double-breasted suit that has become a trademark of the Technocratic government, as well as featuring several pieces of Technocratic iconography and depictions of Chinese landscapes and landmarks. One more piece of Mao’s government fades into the background, though the old Yuan will be kept in private collections for the foreseeable future as a collectible symbolizing China’s past
    -In an unusual experiment seeking to resolve a personal animus of the Overseer, a commission is ordered to study the effects of beating dogs before butchering them for meat. A horrifying prospect to those on the outside, the intention of the study is actually to prove that beating dogs will not make them taste better. No dogs are actually beaten or killed by the government, but the results of this “study” are quickly spread throughout the countryside to convince peasants to at least slaughter dogs humanely
    -Following the lead of the Germans and other Western nations, China begins to shore up its cyber defenses against external intrusions, making sure critical facilities on the electrical grid, major government databases, and surveillance equipment are not connected to the wider web or have vulnerabilities that would allow uninvited guests to access these systems
    -Testing the new method of governance on the economy, the licensed technocrats that compose most of the functional aspects of the new regime are given a free hand in managing the affairs of the economy. Some short term measures to stimulate growth while keeping creditors placated are enacted, including several public-private partnerships on transit and Health Management Organizations, a popular solution on healthcare first pioneered in the US. Far greater reforms are in the works, but depend heavily on major mathematical modelling projects to be implemented. Some are even limited by computing power as it is not currently possible to take all variables into account. One thing is certain, however- with the total absence of bureaucracy or politics the recovery is proceeding at a speed unthinkable in the last century
    -Chinese engineers looking to reduce the operating cost of Fusion reactors devise a Hydrogen Sulfide superconductor that is far cheaper than previous models dependent on rare earth metals. While supporting equipment to keep a low temperature is still a major cost, this innovation is an important step in making fusion power more accessible

Eurasian Federation- Griffster26
    Heads of State: Co-Presidents Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin & Dmitry Medvedev
    Advisory Body: Gang of Eleven (Банда одиннадцати)
    Credit Rating: B+ (Negative Outlook)
    GDP Growth: +0.6%
    Currency Strength: +0.2%
    Budget Deficit: +5.5%

-Tensions with the East Entente quickly begin to skyrocket as Turkey makes several diplomatic and sanction actions in an attempt to contain Eurasia, most significantly closing the Bosphorus to Eurasian shipping of all kinds. Eurasia responds in kind with sanctions of its own and trade between the two grinds to a halt, though both nations have relatively little trouble finding other sources for their goods. With both nations recalling their ambassadors, the world is watching to see if de-escalation is still somehow possible
    -With revelations of terrorist activity within its borders, a witch hunt begins to root out terrorist elements and their support on Eurasian soil. Dozens of suspected islamists and those accused of financing or profiteering off of their activities are rounded up and executed after short trials or simply disappeared. The military is put on full alert as the leadership fears that the concessions made to the international community will not be enough to satiate a growing and deeply suspicious East Entente
    -With the heightened tensions in Europe demanding its full attention, Eurasia sits down for three-party peace talks with the Thais and Indochinese. A ceasefire of several months is agreed by both the government and rebels as the talks drag out without a serious agreement. China offers to send peacekeepers, an offer rejected by the Thais who feel they have the upper hand and do not want any more foreign soldiers on their soil. By the end of the year the ceasefire has been repeatedly violated, and the rebels seem to be regaining strength. If no permanent agreement is reached in the near future, it seems Eurasia could be diverting precious resources to this theater even longer
    -On the European front of this undeclared conflict, similar attempts are made to keep the cold peace with Turkey and the East Entente. Eurasia consents to let an independent UN commission investigate its ties to terrorist attacks in Turkey as well as the nuclear bombings. The investigation uncovers a cabal of Muslim officers believed to be paid by pro-Eurasian Ichkerian president Aslan Maskhadov, leading to sanctions on the small independent republic by both sides. The allegations against Masxadaŋ are spread far and wide across the Constituent Republics by Eurasia Today News, leading most of these small governments to call for greater punitive action against the ungrateful independent Ichkeria
    -Investigating the use of airfields in Somaliland, Eurasian prosecutors name several officers with financial ties to Masxadaŋ who are now suspected of arranging an “Airlift of Evil” in which Somali and Arab Al-Qaeda fighters were put on IL-76 transport planes and shipped to Iraq. The aircrews are suspected of accepting bribes and subsequently sacked, with those who knew the purpose of the flights sentenced to hard labor in Siberia
    -Seeking to curb its isolation after the closure of the Turkish straits and expand its influence along the lines of Eurasianism, more inroads are made in Serbia and Syria. With the port of Tartous becoming an increasingly important lifeline for the Eurasian fleets, it makes business and diplomatic sense for the Assad government to grow ever closer to Eurasia despite their initial hesitance to directly join the sprawling Federation. With the minority government fending off higher than usual pressure from the Sunni majority, this union may yet occur
    -In Serbia, the situation has been similarly pressing as the Radical Party has promised to restore the traditional alliance between the slavic nations. Closer ties are in the works, but face parliamentary stalling as the Radicals have little in the way of a popular mandate. Protests have repeatedly rocked the country, forcing the SRS to delay any implementation of their agenda, including a defensive pact with Eurasia
    -With the stress of the tense working environment, Alexander Lukashenko gives up the agreement that once gave him great power and returns to rule his native Belarus as president for life of the Eurasian Constituent Republic, now a less powerful man than when he began the century. Reporters quote him as saying “no amount of power can substitute for having a bearable home life.” He is replaced by new Co-President Dmitry Medvedev, who promises to work for the interests of all Constituent Republics, though much like the USSR, the biggest seats at the table are sat upon firmly by Russian behinds
    -Said table itself is also reorganized into a format that those familiar with the Politburo of old might recognize. A new advisory body is put into place to assist Putin and Medvedev, organizing their affairs and running the government by committee. This “National Interest Advisory Bureau” referred to by most as the “Gang of Eleven” includes, in no particular order, Aleksandr Dugin, Sergey Kurginyan, Sergey Naryshkin, Sergei Ivanov, Gennady Timchenko, Gennadiy Seleznyov, Eduard Limonov, Nürsültan Nazarbayev and Gennady Zyuganov. While their ideologies vary slightly, it is no mystery that all are loyal to the greater idea of Eurasianism, a state that can can take the role of the new hyperpower of the millennium

Arab Republic of Egypt- Native Hunter
    Head of State- President Ahmed Shafik (Independent)
    Head of Government- Prime Minister Farouk El-Baz (Free Egyptians Party)
    Credit Rating: BB- (Stable Outlook)
    GDP Growth: +1.7%
    Currency Strength: -8%
    Budget Deficit: +12.3%

-In a move that shocks the international community, Egypt imposes a total ban on use of the Suez Canal by foreign ships of war. This is regarded as a major provocation by all seafaring nations, especially Israel and the European Union, the former needing to transit ships and submarines between Haifa and Eilat, and the latter now unable to carry out anti-piracy operations without sailing all the way around Africa. A Eurasian cruiser also finds itself stranded in the Gulf of Suez, unable to travel to Tartous for repairs but unable to return to Berbera in its state of disrepair. The crew are forced to wait several weeks for an oceangoing tug to reach it and bring it back to Somaliland
    -With agriculture a major source of funding for its many expensive projects, expansion of arable land is given a top priority. Increasing amounts of water are moved from the immediate vicinity of the Nile to further out lands to raise the water table, especially in the areas just north of the Aswan High Dam. Focusing initially on linking patches of green to open up more farmland in existing communities, the possibility remains of truly expanding farmland out into the desert, but this will require more funding and far more water than can currently be spared
    -The promotion of mystical Sufi Islam becomes a major point of Egyptian policy to discourage radical Wahhabism, as Sufi schools are funded and constructed across North Africa. Conservatives predictably call this a perversion of Islam, but most stop short of labelling Sufis as apostates, realizing that both the Egyptian government as well as many across Africa favor it enough for a denunciation of Sufism to be equivalent to a denunciation of the government
    -With Eurasia’s priorities shifting to its near domain and its heavy influence on Somaliland proving to be a liability as evidenced in Maskhadov’s plot, Egypt receives an agreement to assist the Eurasians in restructuring Somaliland as part of a unitary Somali government with limited levels of direct rule from Mogadishu. President Kahin agrees to join the central government in exchange for significant continued autonomous rights which will be handled by members of his government
    -Attempting to bring the Angolan government in line, Egypt pushes the AU to adopt a resolution through which member states will purchase the bulk of their oil from other member states. With global oil prices skyrocketing due to the high tensions, most of the producers including Angola see more profit in selling to foreign buyers such as the EU. With so many oil producers and such a low per-capita usage of petroleum, however, Africa still becomes largely self-sufficient in terms of oil, though the political goal of making producers more dependent on customers on the same continent continues to elude the Egyptian government
    -Further economic integration continues to be pushed for other natural resources, particularly agriculture and mining. African corporations are encouraged to become the facilitators of these industries to prevent outside interference and promote interdependence. Ironically, this leads to many white-dominated South African companies such as Telkom and Transnet taking a greater role as they move their operations further and further north. Still, cross border business does increase, though it will continue to face major corruption hurdles for the foreseeable future
    -Viewing it as a bridge that can link Bantu and Arabic (while already commonly spoken) Egypt promotes Swahili as the new Lingua Franca of Africa. Several pro-Egypt members of the AU both in the southeast and northern parts of the continent agree to begin teaching it, though the tongue of the continent is certainly not going to change overnight. Not every country receives this warmly, however, as Zimbabwe and many of the smaller nations formed on ethnic lines value their language so much that they are quite hesitant to give it up again on the request of what they see as another foreign influence
    -With its anti-desert campaign in full swing, Egypt puts its scientists to the task of creating a true “moisture farming” device that can capture water in the air and store it or distribute it to farmland. Essentially a large dehumidifier, dozens of these 15-foot tall “Moisture Vaporator” devices begin to crop up across the desert in areas the government wants rezoned as farmland. These will be an important weapon in the war on sand, which the government doesn’t like because it’s coarse, rough, and gets everywhere

Transcaucasian Republic- Jsoldier
    Head of State: President Mikheil Saakashvili (Caucasian Independence Party)
    Head of Government: Prime Minister Isa Gambar (Unity Party of Caucasia)
    Credit Rating: BBB (Positive Outlook)
    GDP Growth: N/A for this period
    Currency Strength: N/A for this period
    Budget Deficit: N/A for this period

-The millennium so far has proven tumultuous for the nations of the Caucasus. After the humiliating loss of South Ossetia and Abkhazia to the insatiable Eurasian Federation, ethno-religious conflict in Chechnya, and two color revolutions against corruption and foreign influence, the nations of Georgia, Armenia, and Azerbaijan increasingly struggled together to secure a prosperous (and independent) future for their peoples. With the end of the Aliyev regime that had ruled Azerbaijan since the fall of the USSR and the resolution of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, solidarity among the nations of the Caucasus was growing rapidly, almost as rapidly as the threat of invasion from the north. Before long it seemed these small nations had the choice of hanging together or separately, with the former being the only true choice for the leaders of the three nations. The Armenian delegation reached out to the new leaders of Georgia and Azerbaijan and put forth a proposal for unification in a new Transcaucasian Republic. The new government was to have constituent assemblies of the three nations, similarly to the Arrondissements of France, but also a Transcaucasian Parliament, similar to that of the European Union. A referendum campaign of several months is held to get voter approval on this new direction, with the “Yes” campaign making bold promises of total security, European-style reforms, and mutual prosperity that crosses borders and ethnic boundaries. These promises have secured a narrow vote in favor of a unified Caucasia, but preserving that unity will require keeping those promises
    -The immediate priority of the young republic is its security. Inheriting Georgia’s frozen conflict, NATO and US forces are invited to the northern frontier to set up a few small bases which include important radar stations and artillery battalions. In addition to these bases, the whole of the frontier with Eurasia is given extra garrisons, and the border with South Ossetia and Abkhazia receives watchtowers frequently augmented by infrared cameras to look for suspicious movement. The three militaries begin the process of centralization, requiring the officer corps to be multilingual but keeping units together under a central command. This keeps morale intact, and also helps ensure that soldiers stay on the territory they are best prepared to fight on based on their training
    -In technological news, Caucasia joins the US in a Green Technology Union that involves the exchange of university researchers studying environmentally friendly, efficient technology solutions to wean the world off of its dependence on fossil fuels. With most of the world focused on fusion technology, it is hoped the research here will generate returns in other important areas currently being neglected, such as plastics
    -Gains are made in defensive technologies as well. With the assistance of Ukrainian researchers, the Caucasians are able completely reverse engineer the Russian-supplied S-300 missiles previously improved upon by Armenia. Now that they are available in significant numbers, these missiles can provide a more complete anti-missile umbrella to protect the three capitals from short and medium-range ballistic missiles
    -Taking a relatively austere approach compared to the grandiose spending of several world powers, Caucasia focuses first on balancing the new nation’s checkbook and making sure the government is regarded as trustworthy by investors. This goes a long way in securing new investments to Caucasia, as do the implementation of Armenian-pioneered anti-corruption measures that see corrupt members of the Azeri and Georgian establishment put out on the street or behind bars. Normally this dramatic anti-corruption sweep would be unthinkable in these countries, but even within their old borders, power has changed hands to the relatively young and idealistic leaders who are keen to shake off the Soviet legacy. Caucasia is quickly being seen as a turnaround artist in the investment community, taking three decaying republics and bringing them to western standards in a matter of years
    -With years of cold peace and occasional military clashes finally behind them, the new state begins to mend its internal boundaries between Armenia and Azerbaijan. The Transcaucasian Highway was a major step in this, but many local roads finally see links as well as water and communications infrastructure, a sign of the rapid turnaround from hostility, to normalization, to integration
    -Off the recommendations of the Armenian Economic Development Center, several measures are introduced to take advantage of Caucasia’s strategic position. A new state bank is announced that merges the national banks of the three countries. The “Transcaucasian Banking Union” features both an internal government aspect that functions as the national banking reserve, but also a partly detached retail banking under its arm. This retail bank not only operates beyond Caucasia’s borders into Iran, Turkey, and even Bulgaria, but features both traditional banking options and interest-free Islamic banking where mandated by law or demanded by consumers

Federal Republic of Germany- Trebgarta
    Head of State: President Johannes Rau
    Head of Government: Chancellor Gerhard Schröder (Social Democratic Party of Germany)
    Credit Rating: AA+ (Positive Outlook)
    GDP Growth: +2.2%
    Currency Strength: -1.1%
    Budget Deficit: -3.5%

-With the closure of the Suez to its warships and those of ESAT and other EU nations, Germany takes more measures than most to make its position on the matter clear. Not settling for a simple denunciation of this action, the Germans begin to build ties with key states in southern Africa to push back against domination of the continent by Egyptian interests. Trade barriers with Namibia, Nigeria, and South Africa are removed to remind these nations of the benefits of trade with the wider world, while diplomatic lobbying is increased to keep these nations from falling too close in lockstep with Egyptian plans
    -Passing along its portion of funding to the French-led International Supertechnology Coalition, Germany expresses its interest in the potential of Supercapacitors in its nuclear industry. Dozens of scientists are sent to research centers in France as well to seek out the next big thing in 21st century energy and technology
    -With the Second Intifada still in full swing, Germany encourages Israel to remain engaged in Gaza as a way of preventing Radical Islamic Terrorism from spreading, as it often does in poorer Arab cities with weak to no governance. Germany and most of the EU also endorse several incursions by the Israelis into areas A and B of the West Bank, describing them as necessary to keep international terrorism in check in areas where the Palestinian Authority is showing less commitment to keeping order
    -Realizing that much of the German populace is still skittish about massive growth of the military given Germany’s brief but extensive history in warfare, a major advertising campaign for the Bundeswehr is organized to stress veneration of the constitution and the national will and service along these principles. Professionalism and transparency in regular operations are a major component of this, as the public are encouraged to visit bases during open sessions and watch maneuvers or flight training. Still, the biggest bridge between the populace and the military is the simple fact that more Germans are serving in the armed forces than ever before, meaning that “everyone knows someone” who is prepared to fight for the nation and its principles
    -Carbon taxes are ramped up further, imposing greater duties on diesel and petrol at the pump while funnelling the extra revenue to allow for tax cuts and subsidies on electric vehicles. Lightweight, low-frills electric vehicles are becoming increasingly popular for short-haul commuters due to these measures, and for the upper crust, BMW is also beginning to offer a more luxurious commuter vehicle with a range of 150 kilometers
    -Perhaps the most important German innovation of this time period comes from the struggling mobile division of Siemens AG. The Siemens SX2, successor to the company’s first smartphone, turns around smartphone design paradigms completely. It offers a whopping one gigabyte of memory, 3G data connectivity, and also eschews the popular Symbian OS for a version of Linux that is more compatible with home PCs. Most importantly, though, it ditches the traditional format of phones for a large touchscreen interface with the keyboard being a part of this touch screen when selected. Most interactions with the phone are through this touch screen, save for a few buttons in the chunky bezel at the bottom. Few realize the gravity of this new format until Siemens USA COO Klaus Kleinfeld shocks Silicon Valley with a presentation showing him scrolling on the phone’s screen through his music albums

Green Indochinese Federal State- Emperor Scorpious II
    Head of State: President Trần Đức Lương
    Head of Government: Prime Minister Phan Văn Khải (Green People’s Party)
    Credit Rating: BB (Negative Outlook)
    GDP Growth: +1.3%
    Currency Strength: -2.8%
    Budget Deficit: +4.8%

-With mob violence targeting Thai visitors in the west of the country, Indochina makes the decision to expel all Thai nationals from the country. Describing the action as necessary for their own safety, it is nevertheless seen as discriminatory and provocative by the Thais and much of the international community, cementing the idea that an anti-Thai conflict is being waged by the Indochinese
    -With Eurasia largely backing out of the conflict to face NATO and the East Entente on their closer frontiers, the Indochinese are able to bring Thailand and the rebels to the negotiating table to try and bring an end to the conflict. By autumn, a ceasefire is organized as a political solution is sought by all sides. Indochina presses the UN to allow peacekeepers from China into the country, but this is flatly refused by the Thai government as a front for a new encroachment on their sovereignty. By the end of the year, the ceasefire seems to be breaking down after repeated violations by both sides, as the rebels are able to recoup their losses and the generals of the royal army press the King to begin a new offensive to win the war while they still have the upper hand
    -Denouncing Thailand’s helicopter attack on its border troops, Indochina demands a no-fly zone be imposed within 30 miles of the Thai-Indochinese border on both sides. Though the Thais have great internal pressure to keep the advantage air superiority brings them, the monarchy fears an all-out war and agrees to negotiate this down to 15 miles on both sides. As if to underscore their intent to enforce this no-fly zone, several highly visible SAM sites are installed along the border, while SPAAGs frequently patrol border roads to target possible incursions, which fortunately do not come
    -Another tool to enforce this no-fly zone is unveiled at a military parade in Hanoi marking 59 years of independence from France. Here military observers witness what appears to be a domestically modified version of the SA-18 Igla MANPAD. Featuring Israeli-designed infrared sensors, a longer-lasting rocket motor, and expanding-rod warhead, Indochina claims the Người Tham Lam, or Cormorant, can devastate helicopters and fixed wing aircraft up to a ceiling of 4.2 kilometers

Republic of Turkey- JeSuisIkea
    Head of State: General Hüseyin Kıvrıkoğlu (Peace at Home Council)
    Head of Government: Deniz Baykal (Republican People’s Party)
    Credit Rating: BB (Negative Outlook)
    GDP Growth: +1.1%
    Currency Strength: -0.1%
    Budget Deficit: +6.0%

-Once again, elections for the presidency are delayed and the military is kept in power to have the final say in the governance of the country due to the ongoing crisis. Realizing that this is increasingly unpopular and can only be justified for so long, however, the ruling junta decides to allow elections for the executive cabinet and fill roles for functions of the government not related to military purposes. This keep the Peace at Home Council as manager of their own affairs, as well as the country’s main power broker. The elections have low attendance due to the security situation and a boycott by Islamic conservatives, but still see a solid result for the CHP after the nascent Justice and Development Party (AKP) was outlawed due to accusations of ties to political Islam. Though this leads to yet more demonstrations and some clashes with military police, the consensus is that Turkey is finally beginning the slow return to its Republican ideals
    -However, the Council makes a point of showing that it is still fully in control of Turkey’s destiny in its dealings with Eurasia. With Eurasia’s connection to terrorism and financial manipulation in Turkey becoming clearer, drastic measures are taken to ensure the nation’s security from an attack that could come at any time. Army reserves are deployed throughout the city centers to guard against terrorist attacks and hunt suspects door to door. The government encourages people to take to the streets and live their lives without fear, a message which is received with some skepticism but comes to be accepted by the populace as Turkey sees its most peaceful period in a year, with no more than a few stabbing attacks and no fatalities connected to terrorism
    -Still, the external threat is only growing larger as tensions with Eurasia grow to a boil. To prepare for what would be a massive invasion by the Eurasians, several measures to expand the nation’s defenses are put into place. With most of the nation’s border being its coast, the first priority is the installation of Harpoon anti-ship missiles and Patriot anti-aircraft batteries at critical points. Several radar, sonar, and missile platforms are also built out in Turkish territorial waters with the assistance of the US Marines. While the Turkish coast is extensive enough that viable approaches remain for the Eurasians, these measures can force them into certain unguarded corridors and buy time for the Turkish Navy and Air Force to respond. These fortifications are expanded to Caucasia as the government there invites its fellow East Entente member to help ensure its defense. This leads to Eurasian warnings about “not seeking out a fight” by getting involved in the frozen conflicts in Abkhazia and South Ossetia
    -Perhaps the most dramatic measure taken by the Junta is the closure of the Turkish Straits to Eurasian warships. Whether or not this action is legal under the Montreux Convention is a subject of hot debate, with Eurasia claiming the closure to be a flagrant violation of international law and the Junta proclaiming it to be a legal action taken against a nation waging undeclared hostilities against Turkey. Nevertheless, this action segments the Eurasian Navy, most notably keeping the Black Sea Fleet locked in and unable to be reinforced, a tactical advantage that is unwittingly increased by the Egyptians in their closure of the Suez
    -Hoping to eliminate any possibility of a fifth column in a coming conflict, the Turkish military resumes its campaign against Kurdish extremists with the help of Kurdistan and the Kurdish Autonomous Authority within Turkey. Keeping the campaign relatively subdued by using less air support and more infantry, the process is slower but has less risk of agitating the populace due to accidental civilian deaths. Most of the campaign is a success, but the border with Syrian Kurdistan remains an issue. Intelligence is leaked to the Turkish press suggesting that the Assad regime is arming Kurdish rebels and sending them across the border to sustain the rebellion of the Kurdistan Freedom Hawks. This leads to accusations from the Turkish government that Syria is a state sponsor of terror, and a Eurasian puppet
    -A major diplomatic push is made to try and get more nations in the region to join the East Entente in a bid to shore up Turkey’s flank. Pakistan is the first to receive an offer, as it is traditionally aligned with the West and China. However, the Pakistani government turns the offer down, as they are still in a fragile position and feel no need to provoke Eurasia while India is still greatly weakened by the war with its ally, China. Israel also turns down an offer, knowing the US will still likely come to its aid in attack and not wanting to commit troops to a war beyond its borders. Lebanese interests are largely controlled by Syria, so they are forced to turn the offer down as well, though popular sentiment has seen the pro-Syrian government in Beirut eroded even faster than the one in Damascus
    -The Turkish Army deploys its first indigenous flak vest. Complete with modern ceramic inserts, the “Rhino” vest is supposedly able to stop the standard Eurasian 7.62x39mm round, a specification which it proves several times in the south of the country as Turkish regulars do battle with Kurdish extremists

Federative Republic of Brazil- YogiTheWise
    Executive: President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva (Worker’s Party)
    Credit Rating: BB (Positive Outlook)
    GDP Growth: +2.0%
    Currency Strength: -2.7%
    Budget Deficit: +5.9%

-Bringing the Latin American left ever closer together, the Brazilian government forges close ties with the Frente Amplio-led government in Uruguay and even closer ties with the leftist government of Evo Morales in Bolivia. With several treaty agreements ensuring peaceful relations between these similarly aligned neighbors forming a significant bloc in the region, Colombia looks on nervously to see what the new government’s policy will be towards more extreme nations like Venezuela and Cuba
    -Once again, actions to clean out remaining favelas are authorized. This time, the Polícia Federal bring along the new ART556 assault rifle for its first real combat trials. Reactions from officers are positive, seeing the weapon as a major improvement over the aging G3 platform. Many request an even more compact carbine version that can keep the high rate of fire and be even more capable in the frequent close-quarters situations provided by urban combat
    -With healthcare quite literally a constitutional right for Brazilians, the government makes several reforms to the Unified Health System to better uphold its duty to the people, including bringing funding of healthcare in all states up to an increased minimum and creating new bonuses for doctors to ensure they are motivated to provide quality care while also moving patients through the queue to cut down on the wait time for healthcare
    -An important challenge facing the SUS is the drug problem. Taking an unexpected approach of actually supplying safe heroin to state governments to be administered to addicts in safe quantities, the government manages to cut down drastically on deaths from overdoses while also beginning to slowly wean addicts off the drug on a permanent basis through reduced doses and therapy. The use of government-created narcotics is certainly controversial, especially after a batch is squirreled away and ends up on the street due to suspected corruption, but overall it seems the program is saving far more lives than previous programs
    -With missile defense all the rage in western countries, Embraer throws its hat in the ring and designs the Eliminador Anti-Ballistic Missile. Designed using the most advanced electronics and control surfaces available, Eliminador is able to kill missiles using an airburst warhead in the terminal phase of the missile’s flight, a major difference from other designs that target the warhead at higher phases and use kinetic impactors. This allows it to be highly flexible, not only targeting mid-range ballistic missiles but also rocket artillery, mortars, and more

Republic of France- Milkdairy
    Head of State: President Jacques Chirac (Union for a Popular Movement)
    Head of Government: Prime Minister Jean-Pierre Raffarin (Union for a Popular Movement)
    Credit Rating: AA+ (Positive Outlook)
    GDP Growth: +2.1%
    Currency Strength: -1.1%
    Budget Deficit: +2.8%

-Searching for the next big innovation in electricity storage, France founds the International Supercapacitor Project. With energy from fusion driving down energy costs and driving up availability, French scientists believe this is the next logical step as greater energy portability can lead to major innovations in fields ranging from robotics to transportation. By finding a way to bridge the gap between electrochemical storage and electrostatic storage, it is thought that Supercapacitors could store ten or even a hundred times the amount of energy found in the most capable modern batteries of comparable size, while charging and delivering charges much faster. ESAT members join the research, as do the UK, Japan, China, and several other contributors
    -The shift to this new initiative doesn’t mean that fusion is forgotten, however. As an industry, France has both the long history of scientific work in nuclear fission and fusion as well as a long history of safely implementing this technology in civilian power generation. Therefore it only makes sense for the French to push to take the lead in production of fusion reactors, and Alstom receives a significant support in securing French leadership in this new industry. Orders for several fusion reactors are received throughout Europe as well as in South Africa and Chile, resulting in major contracts that promise to shift the French economy towards advanced manufacturing
    -With this major coup for a large manufacturer, it could be easy to forget about the smaller businesses. Nevertheless, the incentive program for small businesses is keeping the local shops generally happy, especially in the inner Metropolitans where they now face less of a threat of being swallowed up large firms. Even as globalization struggles, French small businesses are given a great deal of attention, being both a cornerstone of the economy and source of national pride
    -France’s defenses are evolving as well. Continuing to increase its commitments towards ESAT to keep its place as a leader in the treaty, more funds are diverted to the alliance to continue the standardization process and strengthen this unified force. By now, France is spending more on this collective multinational military than it did on its own at the start of the decade, despite still maintaining its own force on the side
    -While peaceful nuclear energy forms the largest pillar of France’s economic development, the Force de Dissuasion remains the largest pillar of the national defense. With nations across the world pouring funds into missile defense research, France takes the opposite approach to make sure its dissuasion cannot be defeated. The key to making this possible is a re-entry vehicle that cannot be defeated by missile defense. By using a scramjet engine attached to a modified re-entry vehicle, the Comète hypersonic re-entry vehicle is able to achieve speeds far exceeding terminal velocity, up to Mach 6. This makes it extremely difficult if not impossible to intercept, thwarting all systems in place today. Currently it is only compact enough to be attached to the more modern M51 Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missile, allowing only some of the warheads to be adapted, but retrofitting of the older submarines in the Force de Dissuasion could see this innovation applied to the whole fleet

Republic of Kenya- RockmanYoshi
    Executive: President Mwai Kibaki (National Rainbow Coalition)
    Credit Rating: B+ (Positive Outlook)
    GDP Growth: +1.5%
    Currency Strength: -5.4%
    Budget Deficit: +1.2%

-Though seen as clashing with Egyptian ambitions on many fronts, the Kenyans have agreed to its principle of greater regional unity within the African Union. To this end, Kenya takes great diplomatic strides to bring the East African Community closer together. Making no mystery of its ambitions for the region, President Kibaki proposes to the other members the formation of a Swahili-speaking East African confederation, to be called "Maziwa Makuu", a Swahili term referring to the African Great Lakes. Taking several cues from the Armenian and Eurasian designs, a parliament is also proposed to act as a body superior to the other local parliaments. While such a deal will need more fleshing out as most of the EAC’s “brother leaders” are worried about keeping supreme authority over their land, it has caused great interest among the peoples of the region. If Kenya can manage to assuage their fears, the birth of Maziwa Makuu could be close at hand indeed
    -The island nations of Comoros and Seychelles also receive an invitation to these talks, despite not being EAC members. While Seychelles seems eager to join with the potential economic and defensive benefits, Comoros delegates are hesitant as they fear being forced to give up some of their Islamic legal practices while the wealthy elite fears new taxes
    -Further afield, Kenya builds its diplomatic ties with Nigeria and Angola, as well as securing important energy deals with these states on behalf of the EAC. Seen as fellow skeptics of Egyptian leadership in the AU, ties with these nations form a powerful diplomatic bloc with which to advance their shared interests and ensure they drive African unity in a manner they can accept
    -Not entirely satisfied with the pacification of Al-Qaeda linked militants in southern Somalia, Kenya begins mobilizing troops on the eastern border to secure it against any incursions by terrorist fighters. Still rattled by terror attacks in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam as well as attacks on ships headed into Mombasa by terrorists and pirates alike, Kenya takes the lead against terrorism in the region as veterans of the Somalia campaign train troops to be ready for the next threat
    -Realizing that fully addressing this threat will mean bringing their forces up to 21st century standards, a US$7 Billion arms deal is signed with China. While primarily for modern small arms and kit for soldiers, a large portion of the funds purchase dozens of Harbin Z-9 “Haitun” utility helicopters and a squadron of CAIC WZ-10 attack helicopters. These helicopters are an important addition to the Kenyan military, expanding both the Army’s mobility and its fire support
    -Several domestic developmental projects are organized, first focusing on the coastal roads. The B8 is resurfaced and widened between Mombasa and Garrisa, and the B9 is constructed to connect several northeastern villages to this artery. More ambitious is the Lamu Port-South Sudan-Ethiopia-Transport (LAPSSET) project, which will extend the B9 as an international road to Addis Ababa and Juba by connecting existing roads and improving existing tarmac to handle more heavy truck shipments. By the end of the year the first links are laid allowing the full route to be traversed in a limited capacity in much less time than it took previously
    -Another major international project is the construction of an oil pipeline leading from South Sudanese oil fields. With the reconstructed northern government only able to tepidly denounce the project as theft of rightfully Sudanese oil, the pipeline begins to snake southward towards Nairobi and Lamu, where a new export facility will be constructed for any oil in excess of local needs
    -Subsidies for the railways and agriculture are also handed out to increase their competitiveness and dominance among the economies of the EAC. Much of these subsidies are paid for by a tax increase on the upper echelons of Kenya’s economy, whom President Kibaki believes are not putting enough investments back into the critical drivers of the economy. Some of this new revenue is also doled out to a Swahili literacy program in the poor, Somali-majority Northern Frontier District, where tutoring in Swahili is organized for both the young and old to help them communicate with the rest of their nation
    -Following the green energy lead of nations throughout the world, Kenya creates its first large scale offshore wind turbines. The new turbines will be able to efficiently generate enough energy to supply the growing coastal cities, improving energy availability in the northern coast villages
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

18. Post #338
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    752 Posts
    Espionage is finally done, apologies for the delays. It is basically another turn in and of itself at this point, so I can only do so much in the work week.

Turns are due Sunday the 3rd. The sooner the better, I would like to be able to write on Labor Day weekend.

Edited:

Also please get your UN resolutions in by next weekend tia
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

19. Post #339
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    752 Posts
    FUTURISTIC AUGMENTED TURN TRACKER

Done

USA
    Japan
    China
    Egypt
    Germany
    Brazil

To-Do

Map
    World Events
    Espionage
    Kenya
    Turkey
    Eurasia
    France
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #340
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,896 Posts
    And tonight on CNN news, leaks have come out of a secret weapon in development by ESAT's psychological warfare department.

through an anonymous source, CNN was provided this cellphone photo of what appears to be a prototype of the weapon:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #341
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    752 Posts
    Turn 11 Preview: Cry Havoc

The moments of political upheaval that shape the world we live in today originate with a combination of built-up fuel and a catalyst, some spark that can ignite days, weeks, or even centuries of sentiment growing to a boil. Events ranging from a police beating, worker’s strike, or even unusually hot weather can convert sentiment to revolt. Of course, if you know the sentiment for revolution already exists, the most effective catalyst is assassination. Often it doesn’t even matter who is assassinated. Kill a member of the old guard, and revolutionaries will feel empowered, that their moment has finally come. Kill an agent of change, and they will feel that now is the time to fight for the survival or risk passing quietly into the night.

This preview is about two assassinations and how they spawned two of the bloodiest civil conflicts in new millennium. They are not the only ones that will occur in this turn...

14 February Former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafic Hariri is killed when a roadside bomb detonated as his motorcade passed the St. George Hotel in Beirut. Hezbollah supporters are swiftly accused of carrying out his assassination, leading to mass protests against the government of pro-Hezbollah and pro-Syrian PM Omar Karimi. The protesters pack the streets of Beirut, drawing the city to a standstill. Their demands are simple: An end to the Syrian occupation of Lebanon, followed by free and fair elections

Aftermath of the Hariri assassination

15 February As the so-called “Cedar Revolution” quickly gains traction, the news is heavily censored in Syria, but nevertheless spreads like wildfire to various groups opposed to the Assad government. Tensions between the dominant Alawite minority and Sunni majority have already been slowly coming to a boil as Arab-funded media and influence poured into the country. With Iran taken by a secular revolution, the Gulf Cooperation Council sees an opportunity to dislodge the last Shia-oriented regimes from the Middle East once and for all. Al Jazeera, Al Arabiya, Voice of America, and a host of other state and private media companies beam news about the situation in Lebanon and speeches from prominent Syrian dissenters into the country 24/7, with Western and Turkish media extolling the success of Iran’s newfound secular values while Arab voices call for a government led by the nation’s “true majority.” Discontent begins to boil in earnest in Sunni-dominated locales

The Cedar Revolution unfolds

26 February An infantry brigade of the Syrian Arab Army mutinies and takes up residence in a Sunni neighborhood in central Damascus including parts of Yarmouk Camp, resulting in a tense standoff with units of the Syrian Arab Army. The brigade expels all Alawite officers and rebrands itself as the “Free Syrian Army.” The regime fears an all out assault spiralling out of control with unacceptable civilian casualties in the heart of the capital, and instead calls for negotiations. Regarding the negotiations as a trap, the FSA instead uses the delay to slip out of the porous cordon and establish cells in the countryside to begin what it calls an “Intifada” against the regime

Syrian officers read their ultimatum to Assad

12 March FSA-launched attacks on government positions lead to dozens of SAA casualties. Citing the need for soldiers to try and contain the insurgency, Assad inks a deal with protest leaders in Lebanon to withdraw all Syrian forces by the end of the month and cease any interference in Lebanese democracy. Political prisoners such as former Lebanese Forces Commander Samir Geagea are released. The victorious Lebanese opposition celebrate as Lebanon’s independent future is finally secured. Meanwhile, Hezbollah retreats to Shiite neighborhoods and Syrian bases and plots its next move

22 March Bashar Al-Assad is killed when his armored car is struck by an RPG-26 as he returns from talks held at the Eurasian embassy. Prime Minister Muhammad Naji al-Otari takes charge of the government, bypassing Sunni Vice President Abdul Halim Khaddam. Sectarian tensions begin to approach a point of no return as several prominent Sunni SAA officers and hundreds more soldiers abandon their posts to join the Free Syrian Army insurgency. In the immediate aftermath various Syrian leaders blame everyone from the FSA to Turkey to Israel for the assassination of their leader, but no conclusive evidence is produced

25 March Satellite images and amateur videos posted to GuoTube reveal Turkish and Gulf Cooperation Council forces massing on Syria’s borders. In Rojava, Kurdish militias begin to gain control of local administration as regime forces are stretched thin in their response to both the threat of invasion and internal conflict

The Turkish buildup near Syria

28 March The first units of US Marines are spotted mingling with Turkish troops near Syrian border checkpoints. Stepping in to defend its ally, Eurasia declares itself guarantor of Syrian sovereignty and that, because of its military presence, any attack on Syria will be considered an attack on Eurasia. The Assad regime also strikes a significant deal with Kurdish militias, now coalescing under the flag of the People’s Protection Units. The Kurds are promised full autonomy in internal affairs in exchange for letting SAA forces control the borders, though regular travel between Kurdish regions remains largely unmolested. The YPG/J quickly tests the limits of the deal, organizing its own military and border patrol, which goes unchallenged by Damascus

Female fighters of the YPJ celebrate their newfound authority over home soil

29 March Turkey, the GCC, and Jordan begin to draw down their presence on the border in response to the Eurasian declaration. Spared from invasion, the Syrian Arab Air Force is authorized to begin strikes against FSA and other Sunni fighters. Dozens of civilians are killed by the airstrikes on an alleged arms convoy passing from Iraq into the border town of Al Bukamal. Rights groups allege that at least one Syrian SU-22 used cluster munitions in the attack

31 March The last Syrian units pull out of Lebanon. Hezbollah assumes direct control of several former Syrian bases and administration buildings. Members of the anti-sectarian 14 February Alliance protest outside these installations when Hezbollah demands the ability to draw voting districts and gain a permanent special status as the government is reorganized and new elections are prepared. Though no longer sponsored by Iran, the group still has a slight numeric and equipment advantage over the Lebanese Army, which was long kept neutered by Syria

2 April Protests against Hezbollah boil over as protesters start throwing rocks and shoes at militants guarding the former Syrian bases. More than a dozen are killed when the Hezbollah fighters open fire to disperse the protests. The political wing of Hezbollah orders the army to remain neutral or face war. It agrees, but several officers resign over the decision. Elections are postponed as a caretaker government is arranged to keep the lights on

4 April As several more Hezbollah-linked killings occur in Lebanon, Israel declares Operation Density, an aerial and special forces campaign to cripple Hezbollah in Lebanon. Many analysts see the operation as Israel’s chance to wipe out Hezbollah once and for all now that Iranian support has ended. Hezbollah positions in South and East Lebanon are pummeled by Israeli bombs and artillery, to which it responds by firing dozens of Fajr-3 rockets. Civilian casualties are present on both sides, though disproportionately so in Lebanon as the airstrikes hit buildings in dense urban areas. Hezbollah is substantially weakened over the following days, enough for the Lebanese Army to begin reconsidering its neutrality

A Hezbollah-occupied building in Tyre is bombed by the Israeli Air Force

9 April Back in Syria, a new Sunni alliance is formed out of tribal militias and former civilian militants. Titled “Jaysh al-Fatah” (Army of Conquest), it takes a more Islamist stance than the FSA and quickly grows in size, posing its own major threat to Assad. It too begins to operate as an insurgency in Lebanon, where it views Hezbollah as an extension of the regime. In response, the SAA begins the use of total war tactics to eliminate so-called “terrorists” of all stripes

12 April Recently-released Lebanese Army Commander Samir Geagea denounces Hezbollah as enemies of the people and orders the armed forces to take control of Beirut and Tripoli, placing them under martial law and forcing Hezbollah to retreat to the Shia-dominant south and east after fighting several battles which see the Lebanese Army backed by Israeli air support. Jaysh al-Fatah and sympathetic militias begin to push Hezbollah out of Sunni areas. Foreign commentators are hesitant to use the term “civil war” but the future is uncertain for these two divided nations
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #342
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    752 Posts

The UN discusses the Syria crisis (2005)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

23. Post #343
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    752 Posts
    We're not dead yet, folks. There's a lot of complex stuff going down this turn and I'm still a newbie GM at heart so it took me a while to figure out how I was gonna handle it.    also it's football season sorry    All that is taken care of now so I'm starting to wrap up (things are further along than the tracker suggests, can't really put my decision making on that).

What's so complicated, exactly? Have a mini-preview:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)