1. Post #4761
    November 2014
    1,800 Posts
    Why is mod-sass a ban reason?
    Seems kind of ridiculous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 4Late Late x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #4762
    illuminati.4gran.org
    December 2012
    12,454 Posts
    Sally has always been an interesting poster
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Playstation Portable Australia Show Events

3. Post #4763
    Community Manager
    January 2005
    7,439 Posts
    It's been a ban reason since 2005
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 10Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #4764
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    14,339 Posts
    You know anything about the downtime Hezzy, or is this the sort of thing best to ignore?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Vivaldi Show Events

5. Post #4765
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    9,972 Posts
    You know anything about the downtime Hezzy, or is this the sort of thing best to ignore?
    It was a DDOS that lasted several hours. Likely rust kiddies sour about servers going down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome India Show Events Late Late x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #4766
    June 2015
    1,405 Posts
    OH thank god it was just a ddos. I had a nightmare last night that this place just got shut down and they were trying to get us all to use that lab site.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #4767
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    14,339 Posts
    It was a DDOS that lasted several hours. Likely rust kiddies sour about servers going down.
    Why didn't Cloudflare instantly mitigate it? Is it not automatic?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Vivaldi Show Events

8. Post #4768
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    2,374 Posts
    I'm pretty sure CloudFlare just kills the site if the attack is too big, pretty much just fulfilling the purpose of an attack in the first place
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 6 (list)

9. Post #4769
    I'm Better Than You
    August 2008
    7,442 Posts
    I'm pretty sure CloudFlare just kills the site if the attack is too big, pretty much just fulfilling the purpose of an attack in the first place
    I've been on their $20 Pro plan for a couple of years and they've handled some ridiculously big DDoS for me (sure their free plan will drop you, but you're on a free plan c'mon) - this is probably a case of the security level being essentially off, you can have it on high with nearly no issues and it stops the majority of DDoS.

I also have a back-end script in my load balancer that automatically detects a huge flux in HTTP requests and toggles I'm Under Attack Mode on automatically and shuts it off after a specified time - works really nice tbh I don't think I've had to manually mitigate DDoS for years now. If garry/robotboy are interested hit me up on steam/email fam
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

10. Post #4770
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    12,252 Posts
    To be fair, the mods spend time off their day trying to keep the place relatively tidy, you could at the very least not be a shit to them about it.

Same goes for everyone really. Just don't be an asshole and everything will be fine <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

11. Post #4771
    October 2016
    664 Posts
    Shouldn't need a reason to know not be an asshole, really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 New Opera France Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #4772
    Spirit Guide
    March 2009
    22,844 Posts
    Sally didn't get canned for being a meanie, he got canned because he responded to a warning for a bannable offense by dismissing the warning completely. He told me to "step off" because (by his estimation) he wasn't the only one shitposting.

Like, I'm a moderator. If I tell you to stop doing something, and you refuse to stop doing it, you're going to get banned. I could have just gotten him for the initial post with no warning, but I tried to toss him a rope. He used it to hang himself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 21Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #4773
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,833 Posts
    Being banned for mod sass is like being charged when you tell a judge you're not going to stop littering. Like, how stupid do you have to be?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #4774
    YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME
    August 2006
    10,125 Posts
    Actually it's more like being held in contempt for calling the judge a pig fucker
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #4775
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,880 Posts
    Oh wow, I sure love Cloudflare taking websites offline to protect them against people who are trying to take websites offline.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Late Late x 1 (list)

16. Post #4776
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    3,365 Posts
    bring back hasselpunch 2k17

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #4777
    <font size='5'>oh shit&#60;/fontĀ»
    June 2010
    1,950 Posts
    mod sass
    to hang himself.
    why, that rings a bell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #4778
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    8,748 Posts
    The one time i try to be a mod and fp gets nuked.

Is this a bad omen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Show Events

19. Post #4779
    Spirit Guide
    March 2009
    22,844 Posts
    why, that rings a bell
    I don't get it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

20. Post #4780
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    6,517 Posts
    How's it hanging.
    heh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Waterfox Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #4781
    February 2015
    713 Posts
    why, that rings a bell
    DireAvenger
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Indonesia Show Events Late Late x 2Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #4782
    You're a big guy.
    January 2011
    6,401 Posts
    i was friends with this guy. he was really nice. the profile comments disgust me. imagine thinking being that edgy is funny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 18Friendly Friendly x 13 (list)

23. Post #4783
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    8,294 Posts
    kind of bothers me how it's the same people coming back to do it and over and over again too for what, 5 fucking years now?

let it fuckin be
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

24. Post #4784
    February 2015
    713 Posts
    From what i saw,it all started when Craptasket begin posting on his profile comment.
    The aftermath is these edgy comment on a goddamn dead user profile
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Indonesia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #4785
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,827 Posts
    I played games and chatted with him on ts pretty often. Felt bad when I found out what happened. Didn't expect it at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 16 (list)

26. Post #4786
    Person
    June 2008
    8,414 Posts
    Do you get sent to the mainpage when you open the admin tools because there is no javascript?

rofl

Edited:

php rocks
    that has nothing to do with php mate it's because of fucked up CSS

Edited:

If they acquire the IP of the webserver(s) then it doesn't matter if the site is behind Cloudflare.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

27. Post #4787
    I'm Better Than You
    August 2008
    7,442 Posts
    If they acquire the IP of the webserver(s) then it doesn't matter if the site is behind Cloudflare.
    It's not exactly difficult to do so either. What I find odd is now they're using EC2/AWS and not just firewalling using VPC to only limit HTTPS connections to Cloudflare. Completely removes that being an issue with zero effort and no additional cost.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #4788
    July 2012
    8,710 Posts
    We can't do the Newpunch rollout yet, I have to be gold for at least one day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #4789
    illuminati.4gran.org
    December 2012
    12,454 Posts
    It's not exactly difficult to do so either. What I find odd is now they're using EC2/AWS and not just firewalling using VPC to only limit HTTPS connections to Cloudflare. Completely removes that being an issue with zero effort and no additional cost.
    I don't think any of it matters as the site hits EOL
    but honestly people who want to maintain the site should at least understand some of the technicalities.
    If they don't, there are plenty of people who do, and there's no harm in asking

30. Post #4790
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    3,507 Posts
    Are there any other FP users that have died? I remember there being a thread years ago about dead users, don't think it was limited to this site thou
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #4791

September 2013
    189 Posts
    that has nothing to do with php mate it's because of fucked up CSS
    I think he was referring to why the CSS wasn't loading (the 503), but it still wasn't because of PHP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Chrome United States Show Events

32. Post #4792
    illuminati.4gran.org
    December 2012
    12,454 Posts
    I think he was referring to why the CSS wasn't loading (the 503), but it still wasn't because of PHP
    Cloudflare has be stuck on ddos protection within that browser.
    We've tried clearing cookies and everything.

php + js items return a ddos protection screening page
    good shit

33. Post #4793
    Everyone has a $1 title
    November 2008
    6,731 Posts
    Cloudflare has be stuck on ddos protection within that browser.
    We've tried clearing cookies and everything.

php + js items return a ddos protection screening page
    good shit
    Click this link and do the captcha etc then try again

https://www.facepunch.com/index.php
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events

34. Post #4794
    illuminati.4gran.org
    December 2012
    12,454 Posts
    Click this link and do the captcha etc then try again

https://www.facepunch.com/index.php
    Instructions unclear

35. Post #4795
    Everyone has a $1 title
    November 2008
    6,731 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events

36. Post #4796
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    9,972 Posts
    Are there any other FP users that have died? I remember there being a thread years ago about dead users, don't think it was limited to this site thou
    quite a few over the years. zyzz, kinglah crab (?), biotic are three I know off the top of my head
    https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1412941
    here's the thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome India Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

37. Post #4797
    illuminati.4gran.org
    December 2012
    12,454 Posts
    This actually loads the image

but when browsing, as we've seen

38. Post #4798
    Tabasco Lord
    September 2005
    12,318 Posts
    quite a few over the years. zyzz, kinglah crab (?), biotic are three I know off the top of my head
    https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1412941
    here's the thread
    wait kinglah crab died?

pretty sure we were friends at some point
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #4799
    Tabasco Lord
    September 2005
    12,318 Posts
    also, Crocodile_Hunter.

Rip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events

40. Post #4800
    SirCrest Sexual Enthusiast
    August 2008
    15,662 Posts
    This actually loads the image

but when browsing, as we've seen
    So what happens if you try to go directly to https://facepunch.com/fp/fp-2013.css?21 or https://facepunch.com/css.php?stylei...rmcontrols.css?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Chrome Australia Show Events