1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    9,023 Posts
    America's largest banks are to propose a complete overhaul of how financial institutions investigate and report potential criminal activity, arguing that rules imposed in the years after the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks and strengthened during the Obama administration are onerous and ineffective, sources said.
    The Clearing House, a trade association representing the largest U.S. banks including JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPM.N), Bank of America (BAC.N) and Citigroup (C.N), has long raised concerns about the effectiveness of the current rules, but this will be the first time the group has publicly called for them to be revamped.

source: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN15V1E9

Despite the title a lot of this is actually pretty reasonable, so read before going on a banks are evil rant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    October 2011
    1,323 Posts
    Despite the title a lot of this is actually pretty reasonable, so read before going on a banks are evil rant.
    sounds like something the banks would say
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    9,023 Posts
    sounds like something the banks would say
    Does being horribly courted and bribed by big banks count as PUI?

if so I'm fucked aren't I.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    14,713 Posts
    SAR's are pretty difficult to trigger as is, like they really don't happen under normal money trades. I can see why waste is a concern, but at the same time it's also a big concern to not investigate into what could easily be money laundering. I'm sure it could be done better, so I guess we will have to see where this goes

5. Post #5
    Dennab
    January 2008
    1,403 Posts
    SAR's are pretty difficult to trigger as is, like they really don't happen under normal money trades. I can see why waste is a concern, but at the same time it's also a big concern to not investigate into what could easily be money laundering. I'm sure it could be done better, so I guess we will have to see where this goes
    yeah but until we get it right... who doesn't like a free-for-all rulesystem