1. Post #521
    March 2014
    1,346 Posts
    Got a Poseidon Z for free from a friend

It's my first "gaming" keyboard and first mechanical keyboard. a little loud tho I might end up picking another one up. Any good quiet RGB keyboards that won't eat my wallet?

2. Post #522
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,727 Posts
    Got a Poseidon Z for free from a friend

It's my first "gaming" keyboard and first mechanical keyboard. a little loud tho I might end up picking another one up. Any good quiet RGB keyboards that won't eat my wallet?
    Get one of the really cheap Chinese OEM boards with Gateron/Kailh linears in it and get some decently thick PBT caps off of Ali. Just make sure you go for one with a standard layout so that getting caps for it is easy.

It'll come out cheaper and quieter than any big brand cherry board. Basically all the noise from non-clicky switches comes from the keycaps hitting the switch housings.

3. Post #523
    Gold Member
    September 2013
    18,868 Posts
    Welp, just ordered a WASD 104 with clears for work.

4. Post #524
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,981 Posts

Got a Celeritas II w/ optical switches, the keyboard is actually pretty nice, wish they made a TKL or 60% version, also the switches pang if you bottom them out too hard which is kind of sad. Everything else is nice though. If anyone was interested in picking one up, I'll answer any questions.

5. Post #525
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,191 Posts
    Got myself a Corsair Strafe with MX Brown switches. Typing feels so nice hnnng. Should've committed for a mech keyboard earlier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Vivaldi Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #526
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    4,101 Posts

1/1 ty binge \/\/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #527
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,727 Posts

Got a Celeritas II w/ optical switches, the keyboard is actually pretty nice, wish they made a TKL or 60% version, also the switches pang if you bottom them out too hard which is kind of sad. Everything else is nice though. If anyone was interested in picking one up, I'll answer any questions.
    that might be the squeakiest spacebar i've ever heard

8. Post #528
    Gold Member
    September 2013
    18,868 Posts
    Welp, just ordered a WASD 104 with clears for work.
    Update: I somehow ordered 2 but didn't even get a confirmation for the other. Oops.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

9. Post #529
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,981 Posts
    that might be the squeakiest spacebar i've ever heard
    It doesn't squeak, it pangs, but every key does that.