1. Post #361
    June 2013
    2,131 Posts
    Is mechanicalkeyboards.com the only real place to get a Ducky One at a decent price?

2. Post #362
    September 2013
    18,430 Posts
    Is mechanicalkeyboards.com the only real place to get a Ducky One at a decent price?
    Amazon and mechkeys are the only place I regularly see them

Edited:

Also my parts should be shipping soon. I really need to decide on keycaps.

3. Post #363
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    4,080 Posts
    Amazon and mechkeys are the only place I regularly see them

Edited:

Also my parts should be shipping soon. I really need to decide on keycaps.
    Originatives carbon OEM is solid. Or an enjoyPBT set?

4. Post #364
    Gold Member

May 2010
    6,080 Posts
    K70 finally gave up the ghost and is doing random key presses everywhere :(

5. Post #365
    Gold Member

May 2010
    6,080 Posts
    Oh shit, Varmilo's UK distributor finally got set up.
    http://caps-unlocked.com/varmilo-va109m/

Edited:

my merge :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #366
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,355 Posts
    Are Razer keyboards still considered trash-tier? Also, is the CM Storm Quickfire XT any good? I'm looking for my first mechanical keyboard.

7. Post #367
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    4,080 Posts
    Are Razer keyboards still considered trash-tier? Also, is the CM Storm Quickfire XT any good? I'm looking for my first mechanical keyboard.
    Only the Ornata and other switch bastardizations are truly trash tier. The razed greens and oranges are meh at best, but it's still a solid keyboard. If yours has cherry switches then it's okay ish.

CM Storms are okay too. If you're looking for something within a specific price range then give us a budget to work with.

8. Post #368
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,918 Posts
    I have a CM Storm Quickfire TK and it's just fine, MX green switches and a weird form factor i like

9. Post #369
    Gold Member

May 2010
    6,080 Posts
    Managed to pick up a Corsair Strafe RGB with MX Blues for 80. Not the greatest keyboard, but good enough and good deal. Plus I can do this.

10. Post #370
    June 2013
    2,131 Posts
    Just ordered myself a Ducky One TKL with browns. The wait is killing me.

11. Post #371
    December 2011
    807 Posts
    I have finally received my Logitech G610 Orion Red. Seems like the store I ordered it from has sent me the German QWERTZ variant despite the page saying it's a QWERTY variant. Seems like I'll need to find a way to get me the US International keycaps some time in the future.

Low quality image courtesy of OnePlus One.

12. Post #372
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,355 Posts
    OH GAWD

I pulled the trigger on a HyperX Alloy FPS with Cherry reds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #373
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    3,263 Posts
    My "s" key on my Realforce 87U has started to get really sticky... what do

Edit: nvm I fixed it by putting water on my finger then spamming the switch with my wet finger. You can also use the straw method shown here.

14. Post #374
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    4,080 Posts
    Off to the Boston meetup today!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #375
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,414 Posts
    Off to the Boston meetup today!
    Be sure to take some pics!

16. Post #376
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    November 2010
    6,240 Posts
    Holy shit Kin's packaging skills are next level, this is incredible

Now the only question is do I built it with 67g ergoclears or silent blacks.

17. Post #377
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,414 Posts
    Dang, did he send it in a fucking bag?

Can you reuse the bag as a keyboard carrying case?

Edited:

Also, is that microfiber cloth? Shieeet

18. Post #378
    September 2013
    18,430 Posts
    My parts came wrapped in an unused flat rate envelope all inside a box for some reason.

19. Post #379
    November 2010
    6,240 Posts
    Dang, did he send it in a fucking bag?

Can you reuse the bag as a keyboard carrying case?

Edited:

Also, is that microfiber cloth? Shieeet
    Yep, that's what it's for. Also there's another TX-branded microfiber cloth underneath, along with a pair of custom TX keycaps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #380
    Gold Member

November 2012
    1,721 Posts
    Can someone help me identify this keyboard? I think it's a "Keycool" brand. My friend gave it to me but the spacebars he gave me don't fit, so I need to find a replacement. If you could direct me to a good replacement I'd love that too!

21. Post #381
    November 2010
    6,240 Posts
    Can someone help me identify this keyboard? I think it's a "Keycool" brand. My friend gave it to me but the spacebars he gave me don't fit, so I need to find a replacement. If you could direct me to a good replacement I'd love that too!

It needs a 7u spacebar, that's the standard for keyboards with those 1.5-1-1.5 modifiers on either side of the bottom row.

http://pimpmykeyboard.com/dcs-spacebars-pack-of-1/

PMK have a few individual 7u spacebars for sale, you might also be able to find them on Aliexpress somewhere.

Edited:

Also I think that might be an original B.87 gen 1 from winkeyless, not many other people do that type of acrylic sandwich case.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #382
    Gold Member

November 2012
    1,721 Posts
    It needs a 7u spacebar, that's the standard for keyboards with those 1.5-1-1.5 modifiers on either side of the bottom row.

http://pimpmykeyboard.com/dcs-spacebars-pack-of-1/

PMK have a few individual 7u spacebars for sale, you might also be able to find them on Aliexpress somewhere.

Edited:

Also I think that might be an original B.87 gen 1 from winkeyless, not many other people do that type of acrylic sandwich case.
    Is 7u the size?

Like on the website "7 SPACE GRAY"?

23. Post #383
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,599 Posts
    Is 7u the size?

Like on the website "7 SPACE GRAY"?
    7u is the size but you are gonna want a space bar from gmk not tacticalbacon's link

https://originative.co/products/gmk-spacebars

space bars from pimpmykeyboard would be too tall
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #384
    November 2010
    6,240 Posts
    7u is the size but you are gonna want a space bar from gmk not tacticalbacon's link

https://originative.co/products/gmk-spacebars

space bars from pimpmykeyboard would be too tall
    Oh damn, I didn't know OCO stocked GMK spacebars, that's cool.

25. Post #385
    June 2013
    2,131 Posts
    Got my Ducky One TKL today. The switch from a low-profile rubber dome board to browns in OEM profile is a little rough, getting lots of typing errors and low WPM but it feels so good I don't really care.

26. Post #386
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,414 Posts
    Got my Ducky One TKL today. The switch from a low-profile rubber dome board to browns in OEM profile is a little rough, getting lots of typing errors and low WPM but it feels so good I don't really care.
    Exactly the same thing happened to me when I got my first mechanical keyboard. It's impossible to type for a week or two, then it suddenly becomes second nature.

27. Post #387
    June 2013
    2,131 Posts
    Exactly the same thing happened to me when I got my first mechanical keyboard. It's impossible to type for a week or two, then it suddenly becomes second nature.
    I'll keep that in mind. I played some Overwatch and my wasd hand posture is completely confused and has no muscle memory at all. I'm sure it'll develop before I know it.

28. Post #388
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,599 Posts
    I don't know if i posted this yet but here

I built another planck a while ago with the junk i had in my closet.

it has mx blues in it from an old broken black widow and the controller was something that i pulled out of another project
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

29. Post #389
    September 2013
    18,430 Posts
    I still haven't even really started my build because I can't decide what color to paint the case. Help guys why is choosing a color so hard.

30. Post #390
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    9,988 Posts
    So I have a KBParadise v60 Mini and my D key sometimes doesn't register presses. As in, I'll be playing a game, press d to move left, and it doesn't do anything until I release and press again.

I bought it in January so I think I can RMA it, but I'm wondering if this is a known problem with Gateron switches or just mechanical keys in general that would be DIY fixable?

31. Post #391
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,924 Posts
    So I have a KBParadise v60 Mini and my D key sometimes doesn't register presses. As in, I'll be playing a game, press d to move left, and it doesn't do anything until I release and press again.

I bought it in January so I think I can RMA it, but I'm wondering if this is a known problem with Gateron switches or just mechanical keys in general that would be DIY fixable?
    I own a KBP v60 as well and my S key does that, it's just a matter of manufacturer issue (and bad firmware) more so than the switches used.

32. Post #392
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    6,868 Posts
    so... here is a slight issue with my corsair K70, Lately when i touch the sides of the keyboard it gives me a small but very annoying electric shock.. any ideas what might be causing it?

33. Post #393
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    9,988 Posts
    I own a KBP v60 as well and my S key does that, it's just a matter of manufacturer issue (and bad firmware) more so than the switches used.
    Ah, so I basically just have to replace it then?

edit: though. swapping USB cables did mitigate the problems a bit.

34. Post #394
    bomp
    March 2012
    1,587 Posts
    I'm not really sure how I've gone so long without a mechanical keyboard. I've played DDR/Stepmania with a keyboard for a very long time and have become pretty good at it. I just played for fun and my keyboards have always been just whatever soft domed ones I had lying around. But today I got a Tesoro Durandal TS-G1NL with the switches replaced to Brown cherry MX along with white and blue LED's from the original red.

Now in Stepmania almost every song I play I'm moving up a letter. So like B to A, A to AA, etc. My accuracy is much improved and I can hold combo streaks for way longer. It actually feels like magic. Occasionally I'd have the thought that maybe my keyboard had been holding me back, but I really didn't expect this much of a difference.