1. Post #1241

December 2016
    673 Posts
    A very fair, nonspecific warning: nobody here wants creative enemies.

Also, I'm sitting on top of a skyscraper, staring at the Chrysler building. Life is good rn.

//

Now there's a helicopter floating near the Chrysler building.

//

I'm going to go check on my laundry.

2. Post #1242
    January 2014
    1,651 Posts
    The FRIENDLY competition has resumed, but a compromise has been reached between the two companies.
    Best wishes to Sob on the construction of his new station.

Edited:

As for Spawn Development, Spawn will be giving out block grants of resources to projects that, "add density to the skyline." This implies Mid-High rises, but nothing too tall for now (this does not mean people can't build tall, just that we won't fund it.).

3. Post #1243
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    8,458 Posts
    I will pay top dollar for ink sacs, 1 diamond for 7 sacs.
    Contact me if interested.
    I've been stocking up on them so I'm your guy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #1244
    December 2016
    53 Posts
    yo, do i still need 100+ post? i've been itching to play but i'm not much of a poster since i try to fit in.

really'd love to play :/

5. Post #1245
    January 2014
    1,651 Posts
    yo, do i still need 100+ post? i've been itching to play but i'm not much of a poster since i try to fit in.

really'd love to play :/
    I may have to whitelist you based on profile picture alone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #1246
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    33,850 Posts
    Fulsy, what resources do you need to complete the stadium? I kind of want to see it finished and if I can donate construction material, I will.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #1247

April 2017
    25 Posts
    The FRIENDLY competition has resumed, but a compromise has been reached between the two companies.
    Best wishes to Sob on the construction of his new station.

Edited:

As for Spawn Development, Spawn will be giving out block grants of resources to projects that, "add density to the skyline." This implies Mid-High rises, but nothing too tall for now (this does not mean people can't build tall, just that we won't fund it.).
    can we be filled in on what the compromise is?

Edited:

also I am beginning the construction on the olde market

8. Post #1248
    January 2014
    1,651 Posts

Edited:

also I am beginning the construction on the olde market
    The compromise was basically that the station will be demolished, and Old City Terminal will be built instead.

Edited:

The Williams has been completed, with an altered design:

My next item of business is one, last, final attempt at modernism, and then work will continue on the Wildeholt Line (Technically work has already begun, as I have reserved a plot in Wildeholt and have began evaluating the land).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #1249
    Gold Member
    February 2014
    192 Posts
    Now we have Nether Roof access! The entrance is at the wither arena place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

10. Post #1250
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    7,260 Posts
    The compromise was basically that the station will be demolished, and Old City Terminal will be built instead.

Edited:

The Williams has been completed, with an altered design:

My next item of business is one, last, final attempt at modernism, and then work will continue on the Wildeholt Line (Technically work has already begun, as I have reserved a plot in Wildeholt and have began evaluating the land).
    must admit ive been p critical of the spawn over haul (removing people's stuff) but that does look pretty damn cool. An art deco thing with cyan glass + sand stone (yellow or orange) behind duck tower would look good.

11. Post #1251
    January 2014
    1,651 Posts
    must admit ive been p critical of the spawn over haul (removing people's stuff) but that does look pretty damn cool. An art deco thing with cyan glass + sand stone (yellow or orange) behind duck tower would look good.
    I think you'll be happy to know that no ones property was removed for the construction of this building (except a 4x3 shack that only had a single chest with an armor plate in it)!
    Also wool wants to work with orange sandstone when he gets back, I think.

12. Post #1252
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,145 Posts
    Are there still plans to alter Lori's place? i.e trim back the wall so we can build some tall buildings there?

13. Post #1253
    February 2009
    33,850 Posts
    I don't see a need to trim back Lori's place at all, especially when Spawn has plenty of other land to spread toward.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #1254
    January 2014
    1,651 Posts
    I don't see a need to trim back Lori's place at all, especially when Spawn has plenty of other land to spread toward.
    Pushing back Lori's property is a last resort kind of thing, especially now that we have the whole STC plot to work with (conor is retiring)

15. Post #1255

December 2016
    673 Posts
    I think it would be fine if we just redid the facade for Lori's cobblestone wall. I don't think the structure needs to be altered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #1256
    January 2014
    1,651 Posts
    Happy to announce that construction of the Andrews Port Authority Building has begun!
    Name: The Andrews Port Authority Building
    Height: 500 ft
    Uses: Mixed use commercial/residential

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #1257
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    2,586 Posts
    This thread is making me realize just how inept I am at architectural design.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

18. Post #1258
    February 2009
    33,850 Posts
    This is why I only ever build medieval buildings no matter where I play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #1259
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    July 2010
    22,205 Posts
    most architects build buildings to impress other architects rather than to make places people want to live and work in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #1260
    May 2008
    758 Posts
    I would like to propose demolishing the STC farm that extends over the river, and moving it to oldtown as a public farm. Maybe even build a nice windmill like on the old server.

I can handle the demolition and river beautification, but I'd like to get someone to take up the farm if I can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #1261
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,145 Posts
    I would like to propose demolishing the STC farm that extends over the river, and moving it to oldtown as a public farm. Maybe even build a nice windmill like on the old server.

I can handle the demolition and river beautification, but I'd like to get someone to take up the farm if I can.
    Agreed. It would be good to revert that river back to how it was without squared chunks taken out of it. And an outdoor farmland in Oldtown would be great.

22. Post #1262
    January 2014
    1,651 Posts
    Andrews PO Building has been topped out. Glass cladding will go up soon.
    I'm really liking building this. Since I'm putting up the structural stuff first, followed by the glass cladding, it's like building an actual modern skyscraper.

23. Post #1263
    January 2014
    1,651 Posts
    Sorry for double post, but the Andrews Port Authority Building is structurally complete:

http://imgur.com/a/MenKQ
    I will personally furnish this one since it's all glass and would look stupid without stuff inside.
    Anyone who wants an apartment in either of the residential sections can have it if they PM me. I'll explain more about how the building is laid out later, as the structure actually defines where the residential and commercial sectors of the building lie.

24. Post #1264

December 2016
    673 Posts
    GONDOR USONIA CALLS FOR AID!

No, but seriously though, I'm running out of glass, red stained clay, dark oak and acacia wood.

I will need those materials to complete Usonia Center. To facilitate its continued construction, I will be establishing a donation plaque in the lobby, alongside other benefits that will be detailed later as stretch goals.

With luck, and your help, I will finish this tower this week.

Also, I'm working on a change to the zoning code for spawn. More on that soon.

25. Post #1265
    December 2008
    876 Posts
    An above-ground pathway between Wildeholt and Furcifa is now open. I think you can travel between the two on horseback in around five or six minutes. Nether travel is still less than two, but why not take a scenic route?

26. Post #1266
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    July 2010
    22,205 Posts
    i decided to look up some architects when i stumbled across le corbusier

never more have i read of somebody so inhuman and disturbing, he is truly the single worst architect in human history - especially because of his philosophy and musings. such a man cannot be said to possess a soul
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1267
    February 2009
    33,850 Posts

never more have i read of somebody so inhuman and disturbing, he is truly the single worst architect in human history - especially because of his philosophy and musings. such a man cannot be said to possess a soul
    Decided to look him up since you mentioned him.

Seems like he was playing Minecraft long before us:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

28. Post #1268

December 2016
    673 Posts

I'm reading Towards a New Architecture right now, what are you talking about?

To truly understand modernism requires a thorough understanding of the political and social machinations of the early and middle 20th century. Corbusier was no more insane than Frank Lloyd Wright, both men were products of their time and politics. They both had grand visions of self-importance, but also pioneered a lot of significant advances in building technology. Truthfully, Corbusier is far more human than any of the European and Russian architects that copied his work for the Bloc states. (I'll grant that his plan for bulldozing half of Paris and replacing it with massive concrete block towers was a bit excessive, though.)

No, you want a truly evil architect, you look up Mies Van Der Rohe, and read all about the Farnsworth House controversy. Creating a glass prison for the client as punishment for ending their affair... That's cruel and heartless.

More suggested reading: The Quarrel of the Ancients and the Moderns, a debate pre-Internet shitposting over French Baroque vs Louis XIV modernism(!) that took place in the footnotes of textbooks written for the Ecole des Beaux Arts, and Vitruvius's Ten Books on Architecture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

29. Post #1269
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    8,458 Posts

This bridge has seen better days.

Edited:

We now have a dedicated Discord server open to the public! https://discord.gg/GnKTQUN

If you were in the old server, leave it and join this one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

30. Post #1270
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,145 Posts
    That bridge has always been a death trap since I made it. There is generally a Ghast each time you cross it. We would be safer to remake it as a cobble tunnel bridge.