1. Post #561
    November 2013
    96 Posts
    Anyone out there who already has a dragon head and elytra want to go explore the End with me to help me find ones for myself?
    I think your best bet is a flying machine and an echest to get stuff back. Once you find a city you can scaffold/pearl to it.

2. Post #562
    June 2009
    763 Posts
    Found a Efic4 Silk Touch Mending shovel and 15 diamonds in the end. Get greedy and decide to head to another city, only to die. Spend two hours and die like 4 times trying to get back, once dying in the exact same spot. Finally make it back to my body safely.
    Despawned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

3. Post #563
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    34,062 Posts
    Thanks man but you can keep it lol. I just feel bad because i lost one of the elytras. I'll just work on getting another one later though and all my stuff is replaceable.
    I got some very very good news.

I went back on a few hours later late in the night last night to excavate the rest of the cities you found.

You died twice, right? I think the first time I found your death spot and just XP was from your first death.

I found a pile of gubs under the airship to the further city I hadn't gone to, including an elytra which I'm pretty certain is yours unless someone else died over there when I was offline (unlikely).

The bad news is I don't recall which of the other shit was mine and which is yours. Pretty sure the diamond sword I had in my inventory was yours. I kinda took the stuff and ran home. The elytra is in my house, I'll give it to you when we're next both online (dunno where you live).

I only require one thing from you in return: Let me fly with it just once, just to see what it's like (in the overworld, of course).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #564
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,436 Posts
    Are endermites enabled? I'm trying to make an enderman farm and I've used 3 stacks of pearls trying to spawn one

5. Post #565
    February 2009
    34,062 Posts
    So I've explored a

-Desert Temple
    -Ocean Monument
    -Attempted Woodland Mansion
    -Fought the End Dragon
    -Raided End Cities
    -Raided a Nether Fortress

Outside fighting the Wither, is there anything else to really do, exploration-wise?

6. Post #566
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    July 2010
    22,362 Posts
    fill in the last blank spaces on the overviewer

7. Post #567
    Ott
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,218 Posts
    switch the generation type to amplified and expand the map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

8. Post #568
    February 2009
    34,062 Posts
    switch the generation type to amplified and expand the map
    Is that even possible?

Edited:

fill in the last blank spaces on the overviewer
    I have done that to a point, as well.

I explored the entire Great North Sea.

I suppose I can try to go beyond that, to see what's there. Haven't explored a Jungle Temple, but those are so rare I don't expect to find any.

9. Post #569
    November 2011
    1,299 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #570
    Gold Member
    February 2014
    194 Posts
    I'm interested in joining, my name ingame is jammydodgers_
    bump
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #571
    February 2009
    34,062 Posts
    Good News: I finally have a nether portal.

Bad News: It's connected to someone else's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #572
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    8,473 Posts
    Good News: I finally have a nether portal.

Bad News: It's connected to someone else's.
    Did you open it from within the nether?

13. Post #573
    February 2009
    34,062 Posts
    Did you open it from within the nether?
    No, because I wanted it in a specific spot in the overworld.

14. Post #574
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,804 Posts
    I've decided to set up a nether portal that leads to the clay biome, for easy access to clay.

Can be accessed via Callinstead's tunnel, or the adjacent one.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #575
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    7,397 Posts
    I've decided to set up a nether portal that leads to the clay biome, for easy access to clay.

Can be accessed via Callinstead's tunnel, or the adjacent one.

There was already a portal to the mesa connected to callinsteads tunnel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #576
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,804 Posts
    U wot lad

Edited:

There really needs to be an info archive for these sorts of things

17. Post #577
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    22,542 Posts
    Gonna have to do some chunk math and build another in the nether to hopefully get yours to link together then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #578
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,163 Posts
    U wot lad

Edited:

Yeah there is a diagonal path in the nether which leads to a mesa portal :p
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

19. Post #579
    January 2014
    1,682 Posts
    U wot lad

Edited:
    I am considering making a wiki like I did last time.

20. Post #580
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    8,473 Posts
    You can still do that by opening it up in the nether.

21. Post #581
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,804 Posts
    I am considering making a wiki like I did last time.
    Please do, would be super useful

22. Post #582
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    8,473 Posts
    You can still do that by opening it up in the nether.
    Fixed the portal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #583
    January 2014
    1,682 Posts
    Twice now I've had random items disappear from my hotbar... one was a diamond sword and the other a brewing stand. Anyone else suffer from the same?
    Edit
    Traded a pair of elytra for 21 diamond blocks today. I am now Vanderbuilt.

24. Post #584
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    1,327 Posts
    Twice now I've had random items disappear from my hotbar... one was a diamond sword and the other a brewing stand. Anyone else suffer from the same?
    Edit
    Traded a pair of elytra for 21 diamond blocks today. I am now Vanderbuilt.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

25. Post #585
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    22,542 Posts
    If anyone gets the time, please lay track on this southern line, I'm nearing finishing it.

I just don't have the materials to make this much track myself.

26. Post #586
    February 2009
    34,062 Posts
    I don't have near enough diamonds to buy an elytra.

Can I just suck someone's dick for 5 minutes?

Edited:

Fixed the portal.
    Thanks, you've saved me a lot of work and effort. And math, which would have been even worse.

27. Post #587
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    22,542 Posts

Line complete, just needs rail setting now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

28. Post #588

July 2013
    91 Posts
    Whoever's name is jammydodgers_ has the best name ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #589

July 2013
    91 Posts
    I'd really like to join! I'm aware I don't have the 100 posts required (only 65, now 66 I guess, I don't have reason to post much here, but I do lurk a lot). It's not often I find a good vanilla minecraft community, and I'd love to try to get back into it. I'd be delighted if I could join.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

30. Post #590
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,241 Posts

Progress on the guardian grinder, I need to do a bit more research into guardian grinders before I start but I've hollowed out most of the temple that will be the base of the grinder. I'll remove the floor in the coming days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

31. Post #591
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    7,397 Posts

Line complete, just needs rail setting now.
    Mind if I connect it to my station building as a continuation of Sobotnik's line?

32. Post #592
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,163 Posts
    I don't suppose you are selling any of that? :p

33. Post #593
    February 2009
    34,062 Posts
    Unfortunately I will no longer be selling diamond axes or infinity enchantment books from my villagers.

The two who sold those items were in a hole together, and somehow the blacksmith was transformed into a zombie, who then duly killed the librarian (my last one, too, the rest are just shit cartographers).

I was fortunate enough to transform the blacksmith back to a villager before sunrise, but he is no longer a weapon's smith but an armorer, selling iron helmets and crap. I have yet to unlock all trades, but he does buy 8 iron for 1 emerald, which may be helpful down the line.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

34. Post #594
    November 2013
    96 Posts
    That's rough. I'll be on soon. We could set up a village breeder if you like.

35. Post #595
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,804 Posts
    I think a funeral is in order.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #596
    February 2009
    34,062 Posts
    That's rough. I'll be on soon. We could set up a village breeder if you like.
    Yeah, that's pretty much now my main priority. All other projects are going to have to go on hold for me, including finding an elytra in The End, sadly.

Hopefully if I can get a mending trade out of new villagers, I can start selling them to earn enough diamonds to buy a pair of wings off someone.

Edited:

First thing I have to do is move out of the NPC village once and for all and then gut the whole place into a village farm.

Then I gotta level it, because the village is unnecessarily hilly.

37. Post #597
    January 2014
    1,682 Posts
    I have some tools and armor from the end I'm selling. PM me for details

38. Post #598
    February 2009
    34,062 Posts
    I also unlocked the blacksmith's new trades, which are mostly crap except the coal one.

22 coal => 1 Emerald
    4 Emerald => Unenchanted iron helmet
    8 iron => 1 Emerald
    3 diamond => 1 Emerald (lolfuckthat)
    14 Emerald => Diamond chest piece with Fire Protect II

There should be one or two more trades before he's all unlocked. Hopefully I can get diamond boots with feather fall or something of the like.

Edited:

Hey Mcgrath (and anyone else building skyscrapers), this video has a neat redstone thing that could double as an elevator for your buildings in spawn. It's the 2nd contraption in the video (though the rest are kinda neat too).

39. Post #599
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    7,397 Posts
    Yeah, that's pretty much now my main priority. All other projects are going to have to go on hold for me, including finding an elytra in The End, sadly.

Hopefully if I can get a mending trade out of new villagers, I can start selling them to earn enough diamonds to buy a pair of wings off someone.

Edited:

First thing I have to do is move out of the NPC village once and for all and then gut the whole place into a village farm.

Then I gotta level it, because the village is unnecessarily hilly.
    Look into protection against village sieges.

Zombies can spawn in light and inside/on non solid blocks like half slabs.

Keeping villagers in water on top of half slabs should work as defence.

IMO you make the breeder and have a seperate, ultra secure zombie siege proof vault for the high value villagers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

40. Post #600
    February 2009
    34,062 Posts

Zombies can spawn in light and inside/on non solid blocks like half slabs.

Fuck you mojang

just fuck you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)