1. Post #2721
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    28,326 Posts
    I want to know who made this 3D model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

2. Post #2722
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    10,249 Posts
    I want to know who made this 3D model.
    http://pvanzorart.tumblr.com/post/15.../hes-here-babe
    http://pvanzorart.tumblr.com/post/16...was-inevitable

I'm impressed how spot on it looks to the show
    Wonder how a Jack / Aku model would look
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

3. Post #2723
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    4,284 Posts
    Hopefully better than this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

4. Post #2724
    May 2015
    970 Posts
    Oh shit since the series has ended, they could still technically do more on what happened in the 40 years we missed out on. I heard Genndy was thinking about it or something.

5. Post #2725
    August 2014
    317 Posts
    Oh shit since the series has ended, they could still technically do more on what happened in the 40 years we missed out on. I heard Genndy was thinking about it or something.
    Pass me the sauce.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #2726
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    6,051 Posts

From the SFM workshop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Firefox Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

7. Post #2727
    May 2010
    28,326 Posts
    Oh thats rough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

8. Post #2728
    Gold Member
    October 2012
    5,555 Posts
    Oh thats rough.
    It must be the posing themselves, but some of them look fine. (not mine)

The only downside is that his GREAT FLAMING EYEBROWS are static and can't operate like a open flame.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #2729
    May 2010
    28,326 Posts
    The only downside is that his GREAT FLAMING EYEBROWS are static and can't operate like a open flame.
    Nonsense.

Make it a sprite.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

10. Post #2730
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,656 Posts
       Ashi dissapeared so fast it was honestly comedic to me.

"Oh I dont exist" *vanishes* 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 23Funny Funny x 3 (list)

11. Post #2731
    July 2013
    1,292 Posts
    Nonsense.

Make it a sprite.

...I don't see how making his eyebrows sprites helps at all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 73 (list)

12. Post #2732
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,972 Posts
    too bad that old game was a bit rough around the edges
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

13. Post #2733
    I was saying "Boo-urns".
    November 2012
    1,212 Posts

I decided to try my... throat at an Aku impression.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #2734
    October 2015
    5,878 Posts

I decided to try my... throat at an Aku impression.
    It needs to be more groggy

15. Post #2735
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    19,466 Posts
    Man what a short show.
       Season 5 ending spoilers.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #2736
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,703 Posts
    Man what a short show.
    "This video contains content from Turner EMEA Kids and Turner EMEA Entertainment, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

COOL
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #2737
    December 2016
    1,981 Posts
    Man what a short show.
    Fuuuuck the switch from old to new really makes me want to see the old eps get a visual remaster
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #2738
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,060 Posts
    Fuuuuck the switch from old to new really makes me want to see the old eps get a visual remaster
    Well if it can be done for Avatar to some degree of success, it could also work for the old episodes.

19. Post #2739
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2011
    27,335 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events Funny Funny x 35 (list)

20. Post #2740
    May 2015
    970 Posts
    Pass me the sauce.
    At this point I can't remember.
    I think I saw someone talking about it earlier in this thread.

So probably not man.

21. Post #2741
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,309 Posts
    If somebody could make a looping .mp4 of the final scene I'll love you forever, I want to upload and use it in wallpaper engine

22. Post #2742
    May 2015
    970 Posts
    Isn't there a marathon starting tonight? Or was that last week?

Edit: Yeah that was either last week or Wednesday.

23. Post #2743
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    15,982 Posts
    It was yesterday

24. Post #2744
    Best five bucks I ever spent.
    January 2012
    77 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Funny Funny x 2 (list)

25. Post #2745
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,098 Posts
    Very nice still from the original intro. I wanted to find all of the ones with Jack fighting Aku (of similar size and quality to this) but I was unsuccessful.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #2746
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    21,399 Posts
    -video-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

27. Post #2747
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    4,785 Posts
    I would love it if they did a Space Ghost Coast to Coast type show with Aku and Scaramouche.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #2748
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,405 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #2749
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,060 Posts
    Very nice still from the original intro. I wanted to find all of the ones with Jack fighting Aku (of similar size and quality to this) but I was unsuccessful.

It's from the artist's blog: https://animationbgs.blogspot.com/, unfortunately it looks like he only posted that one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

30. Post #2750
    February 2013
    10,873 Posts
    http://nerdist.com/samurai-jack-retu...ion-exclusive/
    New IDW comic series starting at September.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #2751
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    22,325 Posts
    idk, gendy was doing A LOT with the old limited animation. He either could do great backgrounds with OK center screen action or great center screen action with terrible backgrounds. they struck a balance between that in each episode and remastering it like they do anime is just not a good idea i think

Edited:

Ashi dissapeared so fast it was honestly comedic to me.

"Oh I dont exist" *vanishes* 

this is the only thing i don't like about the ending.     really, jack should have won in the future and resigned himself to that. look, the entire series was spent having us (and ashi) see the good in the world thanks to jack, then like in the ending, he litterally destroys it all not entirely unlike what her mother was warning her about. yes humanity is totally fucked, and from what we've seen, totally fucking evil (minus great britain or scottland?) but earth itself is doing OK for having been a dumping ground for the galaxy's refuse.

I just don't really like how not once someone said "hey jack, how bout we stop him now instead of in the past so i'm not like totally not born? K?"

i just think if the show had like 12 episodes instead of 10 they could have had that reunion episode with the scottsman, had this conversation, and then aku shows up with scaramooooooooosh and shit kicks off 

Edited:

Despite the various flaws of the final episode, I really have to say that the ending is beautiful and perfect not just for the visuals and the music but also the symbolism; specifically    the ladybug. Yes the ladybug clearly represents Ashi and "hope", but it goes a little further than that. Genndy/the writers clearly did their research, because in various cultures a ladybug has different meanings and legends about it.

The French believe that if a ladybug lands on you, any ailment you have will fly away with the insect. In Belgium it is said that when a ladybug lands on a young woman’s hand, she’ll be married within a year. In Norway romance will surely blossom for a man and a woman who spy a ladybug at the same time. Some Asian cultures believe that ladybugs understand human language and act as interpreters for the gods, and are messengers between lovers. It's also believed that killing a ladybug brings misfortune. 
       There's probably more I could go on about it.

May just be coincidences and I'm looking too deeply into it, but it would seem they catered to these various cultural beliefs in some way. Found it interesting.
    shit that totally embodies his vision for the show though because jack embodies all cultures of the world being trained everywhere by everyone and being the last bit of pure humanity to stand against aku
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

32. Post #2752
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,839 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 19Friendly Friendly x 2Zing Zing x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

33. Post #2753
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,405 Posts

my gf made a beautiful aku doll for my grandma's birthday
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #2754
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    7,328 Posts
    At long last:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/...-set-announced

Now that the Emmy-winning Adult Swim animated series' five-season run is over, Samurai Jack: The Complete Series will be released on Blu-ray, and Digital HD October 17, 2017. The set features all 62 episodes of the show along with bonus content, exclusive featurettes, behind the scenes extras, and special commentary.
    Samurai Jack: The Premiere Movie Event – Adult Swim and Fathom Events are teaming up to provide the ultimate fan experience with an exclusive one-night cinema event. Arriving in movie theaters throughout the U.S. on October 16, 2017, Samurai Jack: The Premiere Movie Event offers fans an exclusive experience including the series first season movie remastered in high-definition alongside content from the highly anticipated complete series box set. Additional surprises are anticipated; with more information, including ticketing and participating theaters, to be announced in the coming weeks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12 (list)

35. Post #2755
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    6,560 Posts
    I didn't realize this thread was still relatively active.

Some weeks ago I decided to watch the whole series. Basically, I watched only the episodes of the first four seasons I deemed "essential" (picking them up wasn't exactly easy) and the fifth and final season.

Regarding the infamous final episode of the series, I must admit that I liked the general concept they were going for, but I'd had executed and written it far, far differently (for instance, and sorry if I'm repeating something I suppose everyone here noticed at this point,    what was the exact purpose in making Ashi exist jut a bit longer instead of having her disappear as soon as Aku was defeat? To create cheap drama and increase the bitterness of the ending arbitrarily, perhaps?   ).

Also, after rewatching the whole thing, I can finally say that, to me, "Jack and the Lava Monster" (season 1) and "The Tale of X9" (season 4) are definitely my favorite episodes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)