1. Post #681
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,096 Posts
    Here's a youtube vid of episode 3, watch it before it's taken down:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqsdcdoAkhc

Are there any other links?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #682
    June 2012
    26 Posts
    Are there any other links?
    Here's one on facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/MrShadowman...5284746047899/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #683
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    5,129 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

4. Post #684
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,253 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

5. Post #685
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    27,840 Posts
       Shortly before Jack claims his third, he disarms her and takes her bat, before impaling her. The three remaining daughters look at the corpse and one takes the sword from her, and one is holding the bat Jack just disarmed. The camera cuts to Jack, who poses with the bat. The camera cuts to the daughters again, who assume a pose so they look like one with 6 arms. The girl with the bat is holding her spear again.    

This after    having 8 instead of 7 during the crypt scene    makes me think scene continuity is not Genndy's strong suit

6. Post #686
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    5,129 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

7. Post #687
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    14,817 Posts
    Next Episode Promo. You're welcome!
    I think Jack's going to get his sword back
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 6 (list)

8. Post #688
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,253 Posts
    Genndy continues to surprise me each episode, at this point I cannot even begin to guess anything other than the results of the cliffhanger. Just wow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #689
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,151 Posts
       the way jack just decides "fuck it" and just wrecks all of them was glorious   

10. Post #690
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,989 Posts
    Isn't there a 2 week wait for #4? Or was that #5?

I need all 10 now!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #691
    August 2015
    1,245 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17 (list)

12. Post #692
    April 2013
    8,778 Posts
    In all honesty, I preferred the second episode.
    The third one was great, don't get me wrong, but I feel like the second episode really set the bar high with it's sound design, animation and pacing.
    Episode 3 didn't quite reach the same level for me, but it was pretty damn good too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #693
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    5,733 Posts
    The third one was great, don't get me wrong, but I feel like the second episode really set the bar high with it's sound design, animation and pacing.
    Episode 3 didn't quite reach the same level for me, but it was pretty damn good too.
    I do like how connected they are,    the wolf, the wound, his inner self, his past and the threat all come together in this one.    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

14. Post #694
    April 2013
    8,778 Posts
    I do like how connected they are,    the wolf, the wound, his inner self, his past and the threat all come together in this one.    
    Yeah that's where this episode really shines imo.
    Also    the scene where the daughters were watching the deer and had no clue of what was going on has a lot of meaning behind it, they conveniently put that right before Jack's speech as a reminder that they really don't know any better.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

15. Post #695
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,703 Posts
    Jesus Christ the pacing of this episode was absolutely perfect.    Everything leading up to the fight scene is slow and meticulous making me think 'this fight better be good' AND THEN I FUCKING JUMPED OUT OF MY SEAT WHEN IT HAPPENED, HOLY SHIT THAT WAS WORTH THE WAIT   

holy shit that music is fucking sexy
    Samurai Jack has always had some of the best soundscapes and soundtracks in all of television to be completely honest. Hell, the visuals are honestly avant garde compared to what you usually see, too.

The new season hasn't really disappointed in that regard, in fact, it may have gotten even better.

Edited:

I actually want to cry right now, everything I see be brought back from the dead from my childhood turns out to be complete garbage and makes me cynical, but Samurai Jack has not only met my expectations but has actually surpassed them. I couldn't have even have asked for this. It has retained all of it's charm and has improved on many things I thought were already basically perfect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

16. Post #696
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

17. Post #697
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    25,623 Posts
    I binged watch the first three seasons and I'm about to do the fourth

Then I can finally watch the new season
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

18. Post #698
    January 2013
    851 Posts
    jack
    is
    PISSED

19. Post #699
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    26,728 Posts
    Jesus Christ the pacing of this episode was absolutely perfect.    Everything leading up to the fight scene is slow and meticulous making me think 'this fight better be good' AND THEN I FUCKING JUMPED OUT OF MY SEAT WHEN IT HAPPENED, HOLY SHIT THAT WAS WORTH THE WAIT   

Samurai Jack has always had some of the best soundscapes and soundtracks in all of television to be completely honest. Hell, the visuals are honestly avant garde compared to what you usually see, too.

The new season hasn't really disappointed in that regard, in fact, it may have gotten even better.

Edited:

I actually want to cry right now, everything I see be brought back from the dead from my childhood turns out to be complete garbage and makes me cynical, but Samurai Jack has not only met my expectations but has actually surpassed them. I couldn't have even have asked for this. It has retained all of it's charm and has improved on many things I thought were already basically perfect.
    We're 3 for 3 on absolutely legitimate 10/10 episodes so far.

Its actually amazing. The new season might turn out to be the best season of all.

20. Post #700
    August 2015
    1,245 Posts
    From /co/

"Tonight's Episode in a nutshell"   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

21. Post #701
    October 2015
    4,181 Posts
    -joke image-
    Might wanna make that a link since it's a spoiler.

22. Post #702
    August 2015
    1,245 Posts
    Might wanna make that a link since it's a spoiler.
    That shot was in the teasers?

23. Post #703
    October 2015
    4,181 Posts
    That shot was in the teasers?
    If it was I probably didn't notice. Sorry

24. Post #704
    I'll donate $1,000 to a site that's based around chance but not $1 to a site that provides a community service :C
    February 2007
    18,770 Posts
    Jesus Jack.
       How much fuckin blood you got my boy.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #705
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #706
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    7,595 Posts
    Ah, the good ol'    use a blinding white environment to escape detection by black-clad enemies trick. Great callback to the shinobi episode.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Chrome Korea, Republic of Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

27. Post #707
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    853 Posts
       Shortly before Jack claims his third, he disarms her and takes her bat, before impaling her. The three remaining daughters look at the corpse and one takes the sword from her, and one is holding the bat Jack just disarmed. The camera cuts to Jack, who poses with the bat. The camera cuts to the daughters again, who assume a pose so they look like one with 6 arms. The girl with the bat is holding her spear again.    

This after    having 8 instead of 7 during the crypt scene    makes me think scene continuity is not Genndy's strong suit
    There are quite a few continuity/animation errors across the episodes so far. Fortunately they are not easily visible unless you're watching it more than once. Most of it is probably just because there's likely multiple groups of animators working on separate scenes simultaneously, so small details can kind of end up getting passed over.

Genndy himself said that this season of Samurai Jack has a lot of complex animation work, so I'm not surprised the smaller details get missed. Maybe there will be some director's cut at some point that fixes all of it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #708
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,086 Posts
       i love how using the spike bat was taking a visible toll on jack, and how he wasn't really sure how to use it properly. It really gave motivation to the whole "drop my weapon to make the final moment more dramatic" trope, and made it work, when usually it bombs hard because every fiber of your being goes "why would you get rid of that you fucking moron"   

The biggest shock to me tonight was when    I learned that it's not Grey Delisle voicing the daughters, but Tara Strong (Grey voiced their mother)   

You gotta be a versatile actor to do "friendship friendship friendship, magic ponies unicorn" in horse cartoon and "DIE YOU PARASITE SAMURAI, EVIL WILL REIGN OVER THE WORLD WHY WONT YOU DIE JUST FUCKING DIE". Good on 'er.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #709
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,732 Posts
    /co/ never disappoints

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Czech Republic Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

30. Post #710
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    3,682 Posts
    /co/ never disappoints

/tv/ doesn't disappoint either

Samurai "If I see asian chicks, I'll impale them with sticks" Jack

Samurai "If you're a teen, I'll throw you off a ravine" Jack

Samurai "Chase me into a fog I'll throw you off a log" Jack

Samurai "I'll show no restrain when I let go of this chain" Jack

Samurai "If you have a daughter, then I'm about to go slaugther" Jack

Samurai "Hey there Aku, looks like seven funerals to attend to" Jack

Samurai "Oh, you've never seen a deer? How about you see this spear" Jack

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

31. Post #711
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    9,901 Posts
    Ah, the good ol'    use a blinding white environment to escape detection by black-clad enemies trick. Great callback to the shinobi episode.   
    I like to think he uses to some degree the skills he showed in the previous seasons. It looked like he jumped good in the first episode and I keep spotting these short moments throughout the first 3 episodes where it looks like he's using his hearing to "see" like in the episode with the Blind archers.

32. Post #712
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    16,444 Posts
    I like to think he uses to some degree the skills he showed in the previous seasons. It looked like he jumped good in the first episode and I keep spotting these short moments throughout the first 3 episodes where it looks like he's using his hearing to "see" like in the episode with the Blind archers.
    He had a few huge jumps this episode too.
       If Ashi survives, seeing as Jack fell from a slightly higher height at best, then I can imagine the thrown sister also surviving as a brief antagonistic role later on.   

33. Post #713
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    9,901 Posts
    Also at the ending, the daughter's threats and Jack tired of that shit is just a classic Samurai Jack scene.

34. Post #714
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    6,808 Posts
    i personally think the third episode is the best so far. everything from the build up to the pacing and the dialogue were fantastic. seeing jack    find a way to justify killing the daughters of aku and clear his conscience so he can focus on his survival    was very powerful to me. they easily could have had jack be a jaded murder machine at the start, but the build up to his change between the horror of his    first kill   , his self doubt, and finally the culmination of jack finally realizing    that killing is not an evil of itself when it's done righteously and in self defense.    this is all done with very sparse dialogue.

i like to believe what someone else posted here some pages back about how    the wolf appearing to die in XCIII was jack's former self dying   , and in line with that interpretation, i think the    arrival of the wolf to jack's cave    is tell us that the old jack isn't dead, just perhaps he's changed.

i think they also tackle the subject of nature vs nurture well and i'm curious as to how far they take that theme in future episodes. so far i think the new season is just the gift that keeps on giving and i sincerely hope that the rest of the episodes are just as good if not better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #715
    January 2012
    1,372 Posts
    So... the one week hiatus begins, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Vivaldi Malaysia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)