1. Post #2761
    May 2015
    850 Posts
    Pass me the sauce.
    At this point I can't remember.
    I think I saw someone talking about it earlier in this thread.

So probably not man.

2. Post #2762
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,307 Posts
    If somebody could make a looping .mp4 of the final scene I'll love you forever, I want to upload and use it in wallpaper engine

3. Post #2763
    May 2015
    850 Posts
    Isn't there a marathon starting tonight? Or was that last week?

Edit: Yeah that was either last week or Wednesday.

4. Post #2764
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    15,577 Posts
    It was yesterday

5. Post #2765
    Best five bucks I ever spent.
    January 2012
    75 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #2766
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,957 Posts
    Very nice still from the original intro. I wanted to find all of the ones with Jack fighting Aku (of similar size and quality to this) but I was unsuccessful.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #2767
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    20,982 Posts
    -video-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

8. Post #2768
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    4,419 Posts
    I would love it if they did a Space Ghost Coast to Coast type show with Aku and Scaramouche.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #2769
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,327 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #2770
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,030 Posts
    Very nice still from the original intro. I wanted to find all of the ones with Jack fighting Aku (of similar size and quality to this) but I was unsuccessful.

It's from the artist's blog: https://animationbgs.blogspot.com/, unfortunately it looks like he only posted that one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

11. Post #2771
    February 2013
    9,810 Posts
    http://nerdist.com/samurai-jack-retu...ion-exclusive/
    New IDW comic series starting at September.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #2772
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    21,210 Posts
    Fuuuuck the switch from old to new really makes me want to see the old eps get a visual remaster
    idk, gendy was doing A LOT with the old limited animation. He either could do great backgrounds with OK center screen action or great center screen action with terrible backgrounds. they struck a balance between that in each episode and remastering it like they do anime is just not a good idea i think

Edited:

Ashi dissapeared so fast it was honestly comedic to me.

"Oh I dont exist" *vanishes* 

this is the only thing i don't like about the ending.     really, jack should have won in the future and resigned himself to that. look, the entire series was spent having us (and ashi) see the good in the world thanks to jack, then like in the ending, he litterally destroys it all not entirely unlike what her mother was warning her about. yes humanity is totally fucked, and from what we've seen, totally fucking evil (minus great britain or scottland?) but earth itself is doing OK for having been a dumping ground for the galaxy's refuse.

I just don't really like how not once someone said "hey jack, how bout we stop him now instead of in the past so i'm not like totally not born? K?"

i just think if the show had like 12 episodes instead of 10 they could have had that reunion episode with the scottsman, had this conversation, and then aku shows up with scaramooooooooosh and shit kicks off 

Edited:

Despite the various flaws of the final episode, I really have to say that the ending is beautiful and perfect not just for the visuals and the music but also the symbolism; specifically    the ladybug. Yes the ladybug clearly represents Ashi and "hope", but it goes a little further than that. Genndy/the writers clearly did their research, because in various cultures a ladybug has different meanings and legends about it.

The French believe that if a ladybug lands on you, any ailment you have will fly away with the insect. In Belgium it is said that when a ladybug lands on a young woman’s hand, she’ll be married within a year. In Norway romance will surely blossom for a man and a woman who spy a ladybug at the same time. Some Asian cultures believe that ladybugs understand human language and act as interpreters for the gods, and are messengers between lovers. It's also believed that killing a ladybug brings misfortune. 
       There's probably more I could go on about it.

May just be coincidences and I'm looking too deeply into it, but it would seem they catered to these various cultural beliefs in some way. Found it interesting.
    shit that totally embodies his vision for the show though because jack embodies all cultures of the world being trained everywhere by everyone and being the last bit of pure humanity to stand against aku
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

13. Post #2773
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,817 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 14Friendly Friendly x 2Zing Zing x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

14. Post #2774
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,327 Posts

my gf made a beautiful aku doll for my grandma's birthday
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7 (list)