1. Post #481
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,555 Posts
    I'm still in shock that we're not only seeing an ending to Samurai Jack but that it's actually good and feels like the series stopped airing.

It's amazing when nice things happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

2. Post #482
    October 2015
    4,870 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 24Funny Funny x 9Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

3. Post #483
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    19,163 Posts
    "How much longer can you keep this up!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

4. Post #484
    December 2016
    1,941 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 47Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #485
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,765 Posts
    It's here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 15Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #486
    July 2010
    512 Posts
    so    if the wolf is dead after killing the predators, does that mean Jack dies after killing the rest of the girls?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

7. Post #487
    screamin 4 da gold
    January 2010
    12,506 Posts
    so    if the wolf is dead after killing the predators, does that mean Jack dies after killing the rest of the girls?   
       the wolf represents his older self, the Jack that didn't kill. That Jack dies, but another lives on.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 18Friendly Friendly x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

8. Post #488
    August 2015
    1,918 Posts
    I thought I recognized the music

Whoever does the promo music selection has GOOD taste.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 13Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #489
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,003 Posts
    That was one of the best episodes I've ever seen in anything ever.    The buildup of tension culminating in that super-close-up fight was incredible.   

10. Post #490
    March 2013
    981 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Belgium Show Events Funny Funny x 29Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #491
    March 2013
    3,396 Posts
       I don't know if I like the Good, The Bad, and The Ugly-like sequence. I'm not sure the music fit... but at the same time if I picture the scene with no music I don't think it would work as well. Also I don't know what the firefly represented during that scene and I Don't know how they found Jack.   
    it was kind of a mood killer but actually fits really well if you know what the scene's referencing.

and i'm pretty sure the firefly's buzzing was giving him away, either that or a glow through the cracks   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #492

July 2011
    1,137 Posts
    it was kind of a mood killer but actually fits really well if you know what the scene's referencing.

and i'm pretty sure the firefly's buzzing was giving him away, either that or a glow through the cracks   
       Yep. A firefly shouldn't have been in a grave sealed for hundreds/thousands of years, so it would've had to get in the grave by someone opening it. Jack looks at it worriedly because he knows that, and he knows the people hunting him are good enough to know it as well.   

13. Post #493
    Gold Member
    July 2012
    7,778 Posts
    i had the volume up really loud while watching it so the "WHAT" caused me to literally shriek
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 20 (list)

14. Post #494
    Forlornblade left the game (Kicked from server)
    July 2006
    167 Posts
    Whoever does the promo music selection has GOOD taste.
    That'd be Sara Hardy https://twitter.com/SaraTheEditor She cuts the topical promos for Jack. It's also not the first time they've used Lorn for Toonami promos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #495
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,642 Posts

[X]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 30Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #496
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    9,941 Posts
    So with Aku saying    he destroyed all the portals are Jack's only options finding one of the gods or making Aku send him back himself?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Czech Republic Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

17. Post #497
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    April 2009
    8,730 Posts
    So with Aku saying    he destroyed all the portals are Jack's only options finding one of the gods or making Aku send him back himself?   
       With no sword and no way back to the past he has nothing, hence the depression and suicidalism   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

18. Post #498
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    5,219 Posts
       With no sword and no way back to the past he has nothing, hence the depression and suicidalism   
        Aku does a plea bargain with Samurai as he is about to get destroyed, offers to send him back to the past in exchange for mercy?   

Actually what prevents Aku from sending Jack into another future, forever procrastinating dealing with the Samurai until the end of time?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #499
    September 2010
    364 Posts
    Wait, so    is that one portal that Jack was too much of a bitch to access, y'know, the one where he almost got straight-up executed, also gone? Because New Jack looks a lot like Future Not-Bitch Jack, and supposedly Jack's the only being able to defeat the guardian.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #500
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    15,314 Posts
    I gotta wonder if the Guardian is more powerful than Jack does that make him more powerful than Aku?

21. Post #501
    Gold Member
    July 2012
    7,778 Posts
    I gotta wonder if the Guardian is more powerful than Jack does that make him more powerful than Aku?
    if memory serves, someone said something about the guardians portal being the only one aku couldnt destroy so im assuming that means he couldnt beat him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 17 (list)

22. Post #502
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    28,206 Posts
    Wait, so    is that one portal that Jack was too much of a bitch to access, y'know, the one where he almost got straight-up executed, also gone? Because New Jack looks a lot like Future Not-Bitch Jack, and supposedly Jack's the only being able to defeat the guardian.   
    I believe this is the implication.

23. Post #503
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,426 Posts
    Somewhere I recall Genndy saying the Guardian would make an appearance in Season 5
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #504
    April 2009
    8,730 Posts
    Somewhere I recall Genndy saying the Guardian would make an appearance in Season 5
    On the Q&A stream before S5E1 aired he said the Guardian would be addressed, which might have been just talking about Aku destroying all the portals or might be something more explicitly dealing with him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Informative Informative x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

25. Post #505
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    1,543 Posts
       I could maybe see Aku sending him back now that he has no sword therefor being unable to stop him from ruining everything which would probably be worse than death knowing that the future he was in can't be stopped    

26. Post #506
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    27,366 Posts
       I could maybe see Aku sending him back now that he has no sword therefor being unable to stop him from ruining everything which would probably be worse than death knowing that the future he was in can't be stopped    
       Couldnt Jack just wait until his own original arrival to the future again and then team up as dual Jacks?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

27. Post #507
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 19 (list)

28. Post #508
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    1,543 Posts
       Couldnt Jack just wait until his own original arrival to the future again and then team up as dual Jacks?   
       I think his aging would resume when he goes back to his proper time but we don't know anything about that yet.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #509
    SUPER DUPER
    March 2008
    6,654 Posts
       I think his aging would resume when he goes back to his proper time but we don't know anything about that yet.   
       but the portal showed him as an old man before he entered it

i think maybe jack will kill aku in this time which will make him start aging again. then he stays in that time for ANOTHER 50 years and becomes a king of some kind, and THEN he finally beats the guardian and goes back in time 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

30. Post #510
    September 2012
    4,677 Posts
       but the portal showed him as an old man before he entered it

i think maybe jack will kill aku in this time which will make him start aging again. then he stays in that time for ANOTHER 50 years and becomes a king of some kind, and THEN he finally beats the guardian and goes back in time 

He looked how he does now pretty much, beard and all, but the beard and his hair were longer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

31. Post #511
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    20,813 Posts

source
    (btw i dont follow this artist, so i have no idea what kinda thing they post)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Brazil Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #512
    October 2012
    5,017 Posts
    Finally got around to the new episode. What an episode holy crap!    The whole hunt in the temple was the most intense moment in the entire series imo. The Daughters just don't let up. Jack's visibly being worn down until one finally catches up to him and makes it quick before it gets worse. Then he realizes she wasn't a robot, he's stabbed in the side, and collapsed going down stream just to get away. Someone said that in one frame was probably the most perfect visual of fear in Jack and I agree.

On Aku, I kind of figured that he was just tired of hunting him down himself. Still the most hilarious and most vile villain on TV. 

33. Post #513
    SUPER DUPER
    March 2008
    6,654 Posts

source
       i clicked and dragged so i could see the hair styles in more detail and I got the dead one first and shed a single tear   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #514
    screamin 4 da gold
    January 2010
    12,506 Posts
    I love how one of their hairstyles    perfectly syncs with the mask design   

35. Post #515
    April 2013
    1,394 Posts
    i wonder who is the father of those girls

36. Post #516
    April 2009
    8,730 Posts
    Whoever it is I bet they think it's Aku
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

37. Post #517
    August 2014
    872 Posts

source
    This would be perfect avatar material, I am jealous of all you gold titles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #518
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    12,608 Posts
    It's Jack.

He refused to pay aliments so his wife got a divorce started an anti-Jack cult.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 New Opera Czech Republic Show Events Funny Funny x 24Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #519
    December 2012
    1,647 Posts
    It's Jack.

He refused to pay aliments so his wife got a divorce started an anti-Jack cult.
    That explains everything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #520
    August 2015
    1,918 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 38 (list)