1. Post #1641
    August 2013
    126 Posts
    I made a very simple C++ program that parses messages.htm file of the Facebook archive and creates files for every thread (A whole 80Mb of HTML on my account, firefox crashes opening it and node.js with cheerio runs out of memory trying to parse the DOM). It's a very quick and dirty script, but it works.
    Here's the source if any of you'd be interested:
    https://github.com/varanauskas/thread-lightly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Firefox Lithuania Show Events Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)

2. Post #1642
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,957 Posts
    I've been slowly but surely getting my work application into a releasable/workable state. Since I last posted I've added:

- Settings are saved to a config file on exit and these are reloaded the next the program is started
    - Configuration files can be imported and exported at will, and values are updated in the GUI appropriately
    - Models can be imported and sliced (done async so GUI/rendering thread doesn't lock up)
    - Model output filename is either assumed to be the same as the input, or can be set by the user
    - The model can be positioned, rotated, and scaled using the model manipulation tab

Unfortunately, there are still a number of things I need to do and/or fix, like the coordinate system between what my backend (and the STL format) uses vs what the frontend seems to use. In this screenshot, the model isn't even on the bed and it isn't in the right orientation but the output GCode looks just fine:

In terms of features, I still need to get GCode visualization working, need to add the ability to insert custom begin/layer-change/end GCode strings (of arbitrary length, which ImGui doesn't like), need to add a GCode editor of some kind, and need to polish things up graphically (that theme is bad and not even complete lol) along with cleaning up the interface between my frontend and backend. This is all in a kind of sprint to the end of the month, when I'll be starting fulltime on a new contract. I'm pretty excited for that though, I've been on this non-stop and alone for 13 months. I thought application development like this would be a lot easier than it was, and thats why I'm so bad at estimating my time to complete a feature I think: this isn't one of my prototype fun projects, so a lot more thought and work has to go into making the code robust and hard to break. Plus, some things (like keeping config values uniform between the GUI and backend) turn out to be more difficult than I would've ever guessed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Programming King Programming King x 2 (list)

3. Post #1643
    August 2012
    20 Posts
    Just wrote the crucial bits of a Befunge IDE. Perhaps I will add more features in the future.

4. Post #1644
    October 2015
    1,483 Posts

machine learning is cool I guess
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 20Programming King Programming King x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #1645
    April 2011
    332 Posts

How large is your training set ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Firefox France Show Events Funny Funny x 13Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

6. Post #1646
    July 2014
    3,957 Posts
    Ok, that works for me :). Cool!

Edited:

So, a trap that is a guy

Jokes aside, pretty cool that you are going into ML.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Slovenia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

7. Post #1647
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    13,504 Posts

does it work on 3d?

8. Post #1648
    August 2017
    1 Posts
    I'm working on a tool called Machinima Studio for Guild Wars 2.With Machinima Studio you can create in-game cinematics, move the camera around, change fog, control time of day, create a bullet time effect, etc...

Here is how it looks:

And here are some videos:

Time of day control:
    Matrix bullet time effect:

Source code:
    GitHub - noggaholic/machinima-studio: In-game real time machinima tool for GW2

I'm also working on the same tool for World of Warcraft: https://noggaholic.github.io/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Spain Show Events Winner Winner x 11Useful Useful x 1 (list)

9. Post #1649
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,713 Posts
    I've always wanted to start my own Arcade, but I want to make the games and cabinets myself. I figure they'd be easier to make and far cheaper than classic cabinets. A raspberry pi, some buttons, joysticks, some coin acceptors, and find some LCD screens at a thrift store. the wood part would be harder since I don't know anything about woodworking but I've done some shit with wood in highschool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome Show Events Optimistic x 1Agree x 1Friendly x 1Funny x 1Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #1650
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    8,815 Posts
    They flinch like hell

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 6Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

11. Post #1651
    July 2014
    108 Posts
    I've always wanted to start my own Arcade, but I want to make the games and cabinets myself. I figure they'd be easier to make and far cheaper than classic cabinets. A raspberry pi, some buttons, joysticks, some coin acceptors, and find some LCD screens at a thrift store. the wood part would be harder since I don't know anything about woodworking but I've done some shit with wood in highschool.
    Me and my friends have thought about this before and thought it would be cool. We also thought it would be nice to add games that are a little more modern as well as it seems like its always the same stuff in every arcade but I guess that's a licensing issue. Nearly impossible with the money I have though but would be awesome if someone else did it.

12. Post #1652
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    11,620 Posts
    does it work on 3d?
    "3dpd = 0.75294"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #1653
    July 2014
    108 Posts
    I wish there was a hacking/infosec thread on here as it's the type of shit I mainly like messing around with. I just don't know if there's enough people on here who are entirely into that type of stuff like I am.

14. Post #1654
    www.bff-hab.de
    May 2006
    3,105 Posts
    I wish there was a hacking/infosec thread on here as it's the type of shit I mainly like messing around with. I just don't know if there's enough people on here who are entirely into that type of stuff like I am.
    Just do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #1655
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    126 Posts
    They flinch like hell

Is it source engine or UE4 ? I can't even recognize it from this video. I saw you had PBR on source some time ago. Plus the flinch, falling animations and ragdoll animation are really good ^^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Switzerland Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #1656
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    359 Posts
    Just released a new update for my game GIBZ. Lot's of new stuff and changes/fixes. It's been in the works for quite a while. Would have been done sooner if I didn't get distracted so many times, also making a boss is pretty time consuming.

This will probably be the last major update for the game. I don't really want to work on another boss or add any more weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

17. Post #1657
    December 2012
    3,245 Posts

Mirrors are pretty dang fun
    Recursion now works (mostly) without a hitch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #1658
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    7,762 Posts
    Just released a new update for my game GIBZ. Lot's of new stuff and changes/fixes. It's been in the works for quite a while. Would have been done sooner if I didn't get distracted so many times, also making a boss is pretty time consuming.

This will probably be the last major update for the game. I don't really want to work on another boss or add any more weapons.
    What are you gonna be working on after this?

19. Post #1659
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    359 Posts
    What are you gonna be working on after this?
    No idea. I don't really want to work on a big game project by myself again though. It's too much work and not as fun as working in a team.

I've just been living at home while I finished Uni (which I did a while ago) and worked on this. Would like to get a proper Game Dev job but that's not so easy here in Western Australia. I'm thinking I might just end up getting a random programming job and just work on small game projects in my free time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #1660
    Ott
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,365 Posts

Mirrors are pretty dang fun
    Recursion now works (mostly) without a hitch
    Do these work by rendering out an image? If so, you could just repeat the image on the last one so it's not grey. It wouldn't look quite right with perspective, but it'd probably get the job done.

21. Post #1661
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    7,762 Posts

chop dat wood, also enjoy my mouse
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Finland Show Events Programming King Programming King x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #1662
    Grammar Nazi General
    April 2009
    1,848 Posts

chop dat wood, also enjoy my mouse
    That's quite an ax you got there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #1663
    February 2007
    1,664 Posts
    I need this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Israel Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #1664
    Ask me about my unicorn fetish
    June 2013
    596 Posts
    Does anyone have a good article on fully dynamic global illumination/indirect lighting? All the examples I see have zero source or are incredibly vague to figure out what's gong on.

25. Post #1665
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,128 Posts
    I've been fucking around with the source engine. I made these "wretch" creatures, which were originally just reskinned fast zombies with no special abilities or anything other than doubled jumping capabilities. Yesterday I gave npc_BaseZombie the ability to use guns as a joke but once I started spawning wretches with guns I noticed that they add a really interesting dynamic to the game when armed. So I had my friend add a valvebiped right hand bone to them and I whipped up a really quick gun animation for them. Instead of trying to flank you they just go "Fuck your cover I'm jumping over that shit." I think once I'm satisfied with this it'll be a really good base for implementing the cut Alien Assassin NPC.
    Now what I want to do is implement an AI schedule where they deploy a sorta lingering smoke while they run off and find cover if they take too much damage. Anybody have suggestions? I can post the code and assets if anyone can help me out with this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #1666
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    359 Posts
    Occasionally I make little tools to help me do small tasks I do often. Since I had some time today I thought I would put a couple of them up on GitHub.

I read a lot of digital Manga (and sometimes Comics) and I use CDisplayEx to read them. So I deal with cbz files a lot and to make it faster and easier to make them I made MakeCBZ.
    With it I can just right-click a folder -> Send to -> CBZ and it makes an uncompressed cbz file. I can also use to on existing cbz/zip and cbr/rar files to convert them to uncompressed cbz files. They're uncompressed so CDisplayEx can open them faster, the file size is never that different anyway so it's generally worth it.

Another one is an Icon Setter which let's me easily give icons to folders in Windows. It makes browsing my Media (such as Manga and Comics) more pleasant.
    For example this is what my Manga folder looks like in Windows Explorer:

The program has a User Interface (winforms) with drag and drop. It can also auto-match icons to the folders if you drop multiple .ico files into it (or a folder of them).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)