1. Post #1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    8,838 Posts
    2 pictures, really worthy of an article at this moment in time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    I make avatars and stuff!
    July 2009
    2,856 Posts
    2 pictures, really worthy of an article at this moment in time.
    Slow news day for PCG.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2014
    1,544 Posts
    Slow news day for PCG.
    At PCG, everyday is a slow day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Zing Zing x 10 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,038 Posts
    this is never going to get finished
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,266 Posts
    Reminds me of news articles about "Game X is getting a fan-remake" and then showing some Unreal 4 standard assets being used and shining effects cranked up to 11.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #7
    I make avatars and stuff!
    July 2009
    2,856 Posts
    Probably due to some childish argument between the people working on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    5,322 Posts
    Are they only transferring over the map and nothing else? What would be the point? It's not suitable for cars.

9. Post #9
    BIG TITLE
    Dennab
    November 2009
    11,564 Posts
    the fact that they are advertising "beta - coming this summer" tells all. if you have nothing to show off and are announcing a release in 2 months i doubt you will achieve that release date.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,161 Posts
    And if they even get close, Take Two will send lawyers to their front door
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Killed postal with a fart once.
    December 2007
    16,602 Posts
    And if they even get close, Take Two will send lawyers to their front door
    Doubtful, they won't lose any money from people porting content from a dead game to one currently making them money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,118 Posts
    Aaaand it's already shut down \_(ツ)_/
    I know this is hard pill to swallow, but as you may have noticed we did get contacted , and we sadly have to say we are stopping this project.
    So thanks guys, we were all so happy to see this, but it isn't going to happen, sorry :/ :/ :/
    http://gtaforums.com/topic/883655-wi...ntry1069531243
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Panama Show Events Funny Funny x 8Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    13,265 Posts
    How many times is this going to have to happen until these people realize they can't pull this stuff off without asking first?

I mean if they genuinely wanted it to happen they could have kept silent then released it but that would land them in deeper shit.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,972 Posts
    How many times is this going to have to happen until these people realize they can't pull this stuff off without asking first?

I mean if they genuinely wanted it to happen they could have kept silent then released it but that would land them in deeper shit.
    Even if they were to get permission, nothing stops the lawyers from hitting a project anyway. And Take Two are the kind that would turn on a dime to shit on those that got permission, either from Rockstar or themselves even.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,161 Posts
    I knew the moment this got media attention it was doomed. All they had to do was stay quiet until it could be released
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16

October 2010
    2,232 Posts
    I knew the moment this got media attention it was doomed. All they had to do was stay quiet until it could be released
    At least now they just got a simple C&D, they'd be in really deep shit if they actually released it.
    I swear the only way to make major GTA mods nowadays is to be Russian.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    11,541 Posts
    Even if they were to get permission, nothing stops the lawyers from hitting a project anyway. And Take Two are the kind that would turn on a dime to shit on those that got permission, either from Rockstar or themselves even.
    Exactly. You develop it in secret, bury the credits somewhere in the game itself and not plaster your name all over it, then when release day comes host it in places the filthy hands of the core game/engines owners cannot DMCA it. Russia, Brazil and China come to mind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Firefox Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)