1. Post #3161
    Certified Lolitologist
    August 2013
    95 Posts
    Nassmo did a thing

Looks real good, will it be available for the sfm and/or gmod workshop?

2. Post #3162

July 2013
    1,677 Posts
    it's lunar new year, so here is a chinese armor set based on mountain pattern scale armor

the dynasty war wear

the aegis of empire

the sinoblade
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8Disagree Disagree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3163
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,157 Posts
    Looks real good, will it be available for the sfm and/or gmod workshop?
    Yeah all the vehicles will be available down the line. Which is currently the F8, a tanker and trailer for it. the RF-16, the remake of the stock SD40 engine (on well, freight etc), the replacement for the cut valve made grain car, the Daimler 420 limousine and some other stuff not publically seen yet

Imma probably do a GMDH as well, since there's no little industrial things in the game, despite one being cut and visible in concept art, paintovers and the original trailers. Though that looks like a middle cab Baldwin switcher, the GMDH is just too cool not to do.

I might also do a replacement for the "lost" Pickup 02 as well, which is a '50-'53 chevy. Which you can see in concept art/paintovers for 2fort, and on the beta bandlands screenshots. Though i'd probably do it as a panel truck since we have a pickup already

4. Post #3164
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,768 Posts
    Is there a chance you'll be doing any armored trains for frontline! sometime soon?

5. Post #3165
    October 2016
    107 Posts
    Chinese Armor
    Yo, I must say that set of yours bugs me a little bit cause I really wanna like it but it kinda falls flat in execution in my humble opinion.

-The helmet is probably the best of the set but the the wear on it is a bit overkill/random. It really takes away from the regal feel I feel it should have.

-The mail pattern or your armor is really noisy and looks really close to the texture they used for genji's baihu armor (which isn't bad, but note that they used it sparingly/mixed it up which turned out way more effective then your attempt). Also the borders around the actual metal mail-looking stuff looks ugly...

-The staff looks like a weird mismatch of a very low-poly blade, weird over-detailed ornaments (that dragons jaw just looks goofy) & a boring gray tube... you should really just keep it simple

I really hope you come around to do a V2 of this cause the idea and most of the modeling is really good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #3166

July 2013
    1,677 Posts
    -The mail pattern or your armor is really noisy and looks really close to the texture they used for genji's baihu armor
    never played overwatch. thanks for feedback.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Zing Zing x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #3167
    February 2016
    685 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 15Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #3168
    December 2015
    1,138 Posts
    I've got no skill in making hats or anything on the workshop, but I think it'd be mighty nifty if someone made a set for engineer that made him look like how he does in the comics here's a reference image

I really like the beard and his shirt being turned more into a coat kind of deal

9. Post #3169
    Gold Member
    February 2013
    2,664 Posts
    I've got no skill in making hats or anything on the workshop, but I think it'd be mighty nifty if someone made a set for engineer that made him look like how he does in the comics here's a reference image

I really like the beard and his shirt being turned more into a coat kind of deal

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

10. Post #3170
    November 2014
    727 Posts
    the endothermic exowear covers engi's overalls, though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #3171
    Gold Member
    February 2013
    2,664 Posts
    the endothermic exowear covers engi's overalls, though
    Yeah but it looks the exact same minus the straps

12. Post #3172
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,349 Posts
    it fills the same role but I think to say it looks the exact same is disingenuous
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #3173
    Gold Member
    February 2013
    2,664 Posts
    it fills the same role but I think to say it looks the exact same is disingenuous
    My bad, its not exactly the same I just mean to say it fits what he was looking for. An item like that would look too similar I feel.

14. Post #3174
    Gold Member

September 2009
    3,299 Posts
    Hey do any of you veterans remember this thing I made 7 years ago

I decided to remake it

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 17Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #3175
    ASIC's security and investment consultation.
    March 2013
    4,052 Posts

I decided to remake it

Is there a version colored for BLU team?

16. Post #3176
    Gold Member

September 2009
    3,299 Posts
    not yet, but the idea is to dull the red parts of the rust a bit and give them a touch of green

17. Post #3177
    Gold Member

September 2009
    3,299 Posts
    Hi wanted to share some more progress on the set that me and Vipes are working on

everythings far from being near completion- as you can see i'm still toying around with colors to see what works best. Suggestions would be awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

18. Post #3178
    October 2014
    1,638 Posts
    Maybe a bit less green-ish colour on the pockets, as of now they distract a bit from the rest of Pyro's body in a jarring way.

Otherwise excellent work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #3179
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,366 Posts
    having so many pockets on his abdoment feels rather redundant given most if not all of the time they will be obscured by her arms/weapons.

the pockets on the left are already clipping badly with the default one. I'd rather move them to the chest area, or place them around the belt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #3180
    November 2014
    727 Posts
    what if you put the pockets on his hip belt?

21. Post #3181
    January 2015
    1,848 Posts
    the coat by itself looks odd since it splits at the bottom but is continuous across the torso without an indication where the sides overlap. Also, since the collar of the normal suit and the coat are the same color, they appear to blend into a weird combo.

It could just be because of the dark background, but the rust, cinderblock, and bolts look garishly bright. The rust appears to be as reflective and smooth as the rest of the pipe, which i assume will change once the colors are picked but i wanted to point out regardless. I know the stain is supposed to look old but it looks more like grape juice than blood right now. The way its centered on the square is also odd since the two ridges would probably make contact with a target more often and would be equally bloody or more so.

The way the pipe is held is odd because there's tape to protect the wielder's hands but the right hand is completely off of it. If the model's position was adjusted down where the left hand was closer to the block then both hands would be somewhat on the tape and the modeled details that are currently being covered by the right hand will be visible. Alternatively, the middle section of the pipe (where the gash is) could be lengthened.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #3182
    February 2016
    685 Posts
    Y'all talking 'bout Pyros?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #3183
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,366 Posts
    the coat by itself looks odd since it splits at the bottom but is continuous across the torso without an indication where the sides overlap. Also, since the collar of the normal suit and the coat are the same color, they appear to blend into a weird combo.

It could just be because of the dark background, but the rust, cinderblock, and bolts look garishly bright. The rust appears to be as reflective and smooth as the rest of the pipe, which i assume will change once the colors are picked but i wanted to point out regardless. I know the stain is supposed to look old but it looks more like grape juice than blood right now. The way its centered on the square is also odd since the two ridges would probably make contact with a target more often and would be equally bloody or more so.

The way the pipe is held is odd because there's tape to protect the wielder's hands but the right hand is completely off of it. If the model's position was adjusted down where the left hand was closer to the block then both hands would be somewhat on the tape and the modeled details that are currently being covered by the right hand will be visible. Alternatively, the middle section of the pipe (where the gash is) could be lengthened.

unsure if this is posible, is the coat part of the mask?

24. Post #3184
    September 2014
    138 Posts

idea for

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #3185
    September 2014
    3,421 Posts
    I'll just hope that this thread is also fine for maps, but I made a Payload Map in the style of 2fort.

Workshop Link

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Winner Winner x 10Artistic Artistic x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #3186
    June 2015
    610 Posts
    Damn, I made a Boiler Suit similar

Yours is pretty wicked though!

27. Post #3187
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,768 Posts
    I'll just hope that this thread is also fine for maps, but I made a Payload Map in the style of 2fort.

Workshop Link
    Got a Server hosting it? I wouldn't mind having a play on it.

28. Post #3188

September 2017
    70 Posts

I decided to remake it

I feel like you should remove the bubble spots as they seem to be a little too noisy for tf2's artstyle