1. Post #1
    Certified Witch - Cutie Department
    April 2007
    21,540 Posts

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-hotel/

The Disney survey in question is being conducted by a contracted third party through swag bucks and was first noticed by WDWNT. The proposed hotel would not just be a place where you return after riding the rides, but an all-inclusive, two-night immersive resort experience.

Of course, this is just a survey and not an announced concept, but it certainly points to some ideas Disney appears to be developing. After all, many theme park ideas began their lives as survey subjects. And the included concept art just looks super cool.

The resort would offer a two-day story set in the Star Wars galaxy, where you would be surrounded in a continuous, story-driven entertainment experience as it unfolds over the course of the stay. You would be able to have personal interactions with Star Wars characters and live performers throughout the starship. And it’s your choice to experience the story by actively participating or just observing the action.

Guests could engage in the story with programs such as flight training, ship exploration, lightsaber training, and personalized secret missions, both on the starship resort and throughout the upcoming Star Wars-themed land at the Hollywood Studios theme park. Disney already offers experiences like the Jedi Training Academy in their parks, but this proposed lightsaber training could be with the new lightsaber technology that Walt Disney Imagineering recently patented.

Recently, we learned that the interactive experiences in Star Wars Land would follow you around and that you could develop a “reputation” that would effect experiences throughout the land and in other attractions. If you haven’t yet read about that, you can get all of the details right over here. It sounds like this new hotel resort would allow the experience and story to follow you back to your accommodations.
    Staying at the starship hotel would give guests exclusive park admission to the still unnamed Star Wars Land (set to open in 2019), as well as other amenities, including a pool and water garden, fitness area, onboard cantina, and…robotic droid Butlers?! Each room can accommodate up to 4 people and would feature an interactive “view” of either the galaxy or pool/atrium.

i need it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner x 55Funny x 3Dumb x 2Informative x 1Artistic x 1Optimistic x 1Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    4,566 Posts
    This basically sounds like the plot to Westworld

I love it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19Funny Funny x 7Zing Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    14,691 Posts
    This better result in a Plinkett review
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Norway Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    March 2013
    1,043 Posts
    Will there be a trash compactor room?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 22Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,211 Posts
    Will there be a trash compactor room?
    yeah, the WC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    5,334 Posts
    Over all the star wars hotel is more disappointing than Rogue One. Between the acting, poor service, and dead hookers in my hotel room its a wonder how they stay in business.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 48Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    "Yeah my dog sleeps near my feet. sometimes i squeeze her with my legs and she farts."
    March 2010
    7,902 Posts
    Man, they're really going all out on this star wars land stuff. It's the safest bet in the world, and they know it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,417 Posts
    I feel like this is something that i need into my life, however only if it's good.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,316 Posts
    If your room is set on the Death Star, will it explode at the end of your stay?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    June 2013
    2,144 Posts
    If your room is set on the Death Star, will it explode at the end of your stay?
    Don't worry they have two replacements.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    4,448 Posts
    Sweet. Another cool looking place I can't afford to visit. I envy people who get to see stuff like this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Best Woofie On Facepunch!
    July 2007
    9,406 Posts
    I wonder where this new hotel will be, and if it will be connected to Hollywood Studios with a special entrance going into Star Wars land.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,210 Posts
    would be p cool to get jedi robe pyjamas or dressing gowns
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,425 Posts
    Man, I wish they had more "Star Wars land" stuff going on when I was a kid and my family could actually afford to take me on their holidays.

I remember going on the Star Tours ride at MGM studios in florida, and the life size AT-AT outside was mind blowing enough on it's own, I can't imagine how cool running around an entire star wars hotel would be for a kid     or a total fuckin nerd like me    .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #15
    "Only through the elimination of violence can we achieve world peace." - Y.K. Kim
    August 2009
    9,201 Posts
    so you're telling me I can cosplay as my star wars OC and just larp there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    November 2014
    1,471 Posts
    Republic Commando-themed adult area or bust.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    9,001 Posts
    There was a plan to do something like this with a full-scale Starship Enterprise from the motion picture many years ago.

Un fortunately they didn't manage to raise the absurd amount of funds required to accomplish this.

http://collider.com/star-trek-enterprise-vegas/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    3,553 Posts
    Star Wars: The Hotel is the most disappointing thing since my son.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    25,421 Posts
    So if I, a fully grown man, show up to Disney World alone. Will I be denied entry?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    11,836 Posts
    I knew my "for-emergencies" savings account would come to use some day

21. Post #21
    Best Woofie On Facepunch!
    July 2007
    9,406 Posts
    So if I, a fully grown man, show up to Disney World alone. Will I be denied entry?
    No, lots of people actually do this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    11,512 Posts
    no. most rides even have a separate fast queue for single riders.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    3,362 Posts
    Do we get Gungan World?

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    815 Posts
    I remember going on the Star Tours ride at MGM studios in florida, and the life size AT-AT outside was mind blowing enough on it's own, I can't imagine how cool running around an entire star wars hotel would be for a kid     or a total fuckin nerd like me    .

I remember that too. When you're a wee 10 year old things like that are larger than life. I was obsessed with that ride as a kid. Seriously, Star Tours was the shit.

But an entire resort dedicated to placing you in the story with RP elements? Holy good godDAMN I want in.