1. Post #1521
    August 2013
    701 Posts
    They're COD IW Warfighter model, JTF Wolverines skin.
    Are they in a released state or they WIP?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events

2. Post #1522
    September 2015
    277 Posts
    WIP. I recently learned how to port over models into SFM and the only difficulty I currently facing are the VMT, specifically the speculation map, reflection, phone, env map, etc. I also wanna learn how to add skins to certain models but I don't know how to do that too. Also, the scaling is fucked up on this model so i have to fixed that too.
    However, if you wanna test this model or some shit, shoot me a PM and I'll to get them to you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events

3. Post #1523
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,818 Posts
    ah fuck it, this one doesn't deserve its own thread
    it's funny because it's a dumb self fulfilling prophecy. Enough posts in a 'dont want to make a thread' thread, will cause posters to ask themselves 'why should I post my picture in its own thread when everyone else is posting in this thread', and the only answer to that question is 'threads are for better pictures'

this thread CREATES that idea, and people follow that idea. and it's a stupid idea tbh.

make threads.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #1524
    #420 PRAISE IT
    May 2010
    9,224 Posts
    What's the point of this thread then if nobody should post in it tho
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Chrome Australia Show Events

5. Post #1525
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    31,105 Posts
    eliminate this thread and start a new one strictly for WiPs, very quick critique and tips

that should revive the section a bit - no-one posts fucking anything in threads anymore because standards for "thread worthy" shots have been artificially inflated to ridiculous heights, that's why the subforum feels so deserted
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

6. Post #1526
    July 2017
    38 Posts

errrr
    i think its kinda bad timing for uploading pic but whatever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Korea, Republic of Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

7. Post #1527
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,818 Posts
    eliminate this thread and start a new one strictly for WiPs, very quick critique and tips
    yeah, should I like make a poll so we can establish what the section wants? This idea was brought up before but never executed. We could make a (rating-less?) WIPs & Tips thread and lock this one if enough people want that

Edited:

also thats a good pic pew pew
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Israel Show Events

8. Post #1528
    June 2015
    114 Posts
    Nothing gonna revive this thread to be honest, everyone in here are artist critics and that thing killed this thread already:

- New people needs tips not a critique about what they did wrong.

- WIP works kills originality most of new people coming in here, thats why they are leaving or get banned instantly in other threads. You can make own thread for your WIP stuff.

Joazzz is right,
    Gmod arts gets on really high level, for new people its really hard to deal with it. Most of you people posting really fantastic stuff thats really threadworthy, let people that still learning things of gmod post stuff in here so u can help them get better.

Oh and btw.

Maybe try to make separately thread for sfm stuff?

Maybe it looks like im an idiot or something, but to be honest - these things killed my originality and enthusiasm for work in gmod myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #1529
    No one likes you, get banned.
    December 2009
    6,668 Posts
    - New people needs tips not a critique about what they did wrong.
    sn't that called constructive criticism? You tell someone what you think they did wrong and what they can do to improve. Which is what teachers/professors do to help students irl because that model works. Joazzz's suggestion is solid tho.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Greece Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

10. Post #1530
    June 2015
    114 Posts

Dont get me wrong, but theres nothing about constructive critism u talking about in this thread.
    Im pretty sure when someone wants some constructive/ or critism he gonna ask for it, same about works that critic is doing, u want to critism someone? Do better things than him and show you can do it yourself too.

You really want to critism works of someone whos dont even know what ragdoll mover is? Who don't know what scenebuilding is, how camera works - I see many that things in here really. You should see how mine PM inbox looks like month ago.

Its like you would critism a painting of a nine years old kid, acting like that killing this thread, this subforum. Just look at the Esp wars or Lambda' one, threads in my opinion are really interesting, everything is almost dead and its not like no one is interested in this stuff, its because nobody new is coming here.

So yeah, sorry for that spam really. But I think if someone is ready for crictism, constructive or not, he gonna ask for it himself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #1531
    No one likes you, get banned.
    December 2009
    6,668 Posts
    Your point is kind of baseless when people who donít have knowledge on how to use gmod get instructed on what is what. And what are you talking about? There is plenty of constructive criticism in this thread. I donít agree with your points since whatís going on in these threads weeds out the people who donít want to learn and helps only the ones who want to improve.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari Greece Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #1532
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    31,105 Posts
    if you post a pic then you better prepare for critique, because people are not going to ask if you want it or not. the troll pose thread is for posting stuff that you don't even want to make look better.

and that first statement is flat out wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #1533
    June 2015
    114 Posts
    Especially page 38 is full of "constructive" critism, u want to stay it like that don't mind me, just good luck with that, that your opinion and thats mine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

14. Post #1534
    January 2012
    294 Posts
    Especially page 38 is full of "constructive" critism, u want to stay it like that don't mind me, just good luck with that, that your opinion and thats mine.
    in what way was my criticism not constructive. that's not an opinion, it's a statement of fact.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

15. Post #1535
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,818 Posts
    posted a poll regarding the don't want to make a thread thread notion

https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1579876
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Israel Show Events

16. Post #1536
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    186 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Japan Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

17. Post #1537
    May 2013
    1,527 Posts
    The alien goo is a bit overdone in my opinion.    Kinda looks like someone jizzed all over that guy's pulse rifle   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #1538
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    186 Posts
    The alien goo is a bit overdone in my opinion.    Kinda looks like someone jizzed all over that guy's pulse rifle   
    Yeah, the goo was certainly overdoing.
    And probably, there is no bullet in that rifle,   someone replaced something instead of bullets.   
    https://i.imgur.com/xxX1TxO.jpg

thanks for the comment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Japan Show Events Funny Funny x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #1539
    January 2015
    446 Posts

Love me some bright neon signs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #1540
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    6,124 Posts

errrr
    i think its kinda bad timing for uploading pic but whatever
    There's something special about this perspective, that makes me think it's a legit event.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)