1. Post #1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events Funny Funny x 26Artistic Artistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    2,047 Posts
    I went into the dark web and I came back out with gateway drugs to cyber terrorism. Trillions of lives are at stake, trust is a weakness
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Firefox Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,017 Posts
    When I bought my Gameshark Pro nearly 20 years ago, I had no idea that it was the gateway and stepping stone to becoming a cobblestone in the dark web empire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    guys i have unique darkrp, k?
    May 2008
    1,455 Posts
    Many started by getting involved with game-cheat websites or forums that talked about ways to change or "mod" games, its report said.
    DRM heavy full-encrypted no-mod games are saving us, I see clearly now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    January 2016
    163 Posts
    The NCA will ban facepunch because it was made to accompany a mod for half life 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    April 2013
    1,687 Posts
    Garry's mod?

No Garry's (HalfLife 2) HACK
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Vivaldi United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Person
    June 2008
    9,086 Posts
    It makes perfect sense to say that many criminal hackers probably got started through modding or cheating in games. Having that kind of skill at breaking into things has to start somewhere, and usually it starts pretty benignly.

That said, the vast majority of people who get into modding or cheating in games obviously don't actually progress to the criminal stage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    332 Posts
    I don't understand the jump from modding to hacking. Big difference between making a Lua script and exploiting an operating system / server.

curl 127.0.0.1:80?sv_cheats=1 && echo 'hacked'   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)