1. Post #3161
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    6,135 Posts
    Are they adding all this story and detailed attention to the Polish sisters to make up for scrapping the Polish operation for operation """"HEALTH""""?
    yes, and another ak

about fuckin time.

also i doubt her icon is going to be that phoenix design we saw a few months back, which is unfortunate because i thought the idea of an attacking medic operator was pretty cool. oh well, hopefully the south korean hacker chick is able to do something about defender gadgets.

2. Post #3162
    Super Hoborator
    May 2007
    7,289 Posts
    i was looking at the wrong gun

3. Post #3163
    Gold Member
    October 2012
    3,839 Posts
    so its basically ash but slower? worse weapon selection and stuns?

4. Post #3164
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,751 Posts
    I just looked up the M762 and apparently it's a semi-auto? So Zofia has an LMG and a marksman rifle. I only ever use LMG's when I'm fucking around, and Marksman rifles aren't my favorite. Hopefully the LMG is better than Ying's because holy shit I hate that thing with a passion.
    Is it single tho?
    http://fabrykabroni.pl/en/produkty/k.../beryl-m-7-62/

I'm not sure about the stock, seems like a US weapons ban ordeal.

Edited:

Also damn Siege calm down we have enough LMGs shit.

5. Post #3165
    Super Hoborator
    May 2007
    7,289 Posts
    Is it single tho?
    http://fabrykabroni.pl/en/produkty/k.../beryl-m-7-62/

I'm not sure about the stock, seems like a US weapons ban ordeal.

Edited:

Also damn Siege calm down we have enough LMGs shit.
    Oh I was looking at other results just by name. I wasn't paying attention to the shape of the gun. The M762 I saw was a semi-auto.

Edited:

Hopefully her LMG doesn't handle like your operator has Parkinson's when you start pulling trigger.

6. Post #3166
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    21,600 Posts
    Oh hey we're getting our first pregnant operator
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

7. Post #3167
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    2,574 Posts
    Double kill
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #3168
    I LOVE ANIME AND MAGICAL GIRLS BUT DONT TELL ANYONE
    January 2008
    13,277 Posts
    that """"backstory"""" legit reads like a fever dream but at least we're getting more operators with AKs

a terrible price to pay, though

are they taking a piss with these blueprints of a map we're never going to get

thanks op health

9. Post #3169
    Super Hoborator
    May 2007
    7,289 Posts
    She's not pregnant anymore, she had her daughter and then ran off to join Team Rainbow so she could peg her sister with a grenade launcher.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4 (list)

10. Post #3170
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    24,861 Posts
    So she's basically Ela on offense?

11. Post #3171
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    21,600 Posts
    She's not pregnant anymore, she had her daughter and then ran off to join Team Rainbow so she could peg her sister with a grenade launcher.
    So she's going to make Ela experience it.

Great.

12. Post #3172
    NETID#203731
    March 2009
    13,611 Posts
    What if they avert all expectations and make her physique completely incompatible with her being an operator. Or -shouldn't- be one
    1 speed 1 armor

13. Post #3173
    I love 1911's and Ruger
    October 2015
    3,608 Posts
    Why in the everloving fuck would a CTU operator use an AKM with a thumbhole stock? Why wouldn't they give her one of the new Polish ACR clones? Why wouldn't they give her a CZ Bren?

Its like the devs are thumbing through gun magazines from the late 90s for inspiration. Jesus fucking christ.

Edited:

If they had used the new Polish carbine, they could have effectively given her 3 or 4 different guns, all based on the same platform. LMG, Assault rifle, and a bullpup.

But naw, lets give her a generic AKM and an AR with a beta mag or a shrike upper.

Ubisoft is creatively bankrupt, RIP.

Edited:

They could even undermount her retarded double barrel grenade launcher to the underside of the Polish carbine. Fuckin A man.

14. Post #3174
    Gold Member
    October 2012
    3,839 Posts

never change casual
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #3175
    Puuurple
    May 2008
    19,797 Posts
    Why in the everloving fuck would a CTU operator use an AKM with a thumbhole stock? Why wouldn't they give her one of the new Polish ACR clones? Why wouldn't they give her a CZ Bren?

Its like the devs are thumbing through gun magazines from the late 90s for inspiration. Jesus fucking christ.

Edited:

If they had used the new Polish carbine, they could have effectively given her 3 or 4 different guns, all based on the same platform. LMG, Assault rifle, and a bullpup.

But naw, lets give her a generic AKM and an AR with a beta mag or a shrike upper.

Edited:

They could even undermount her retarded double barrel grenade launcher to the underside of the Polish carbine. Fuckin A man.
    this is nothing new. ton of ops don't use accurate weaponry

16. Post #3176
    January 2008
    13,277 Posts

Edited:

Edited:

would be a shame for all these wildlands models to go to waste

imagine the actual gameplay variation it'd bring, though. If you were to play the long game, you'd end up with six attackers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

17. Post #3177
    I love 1911's and Ruger
    October 2015
    3,608 Posts
    this is nothing new. ton of ops don't use accurate weaponry
    Yea but at least its within the realm of possibility and makes sense. Spanish specfor using generic ARs is cool, but a Polish operator using a bog standard AKM with a US 1994 Assault Weapons Ban era thumbhole stock? Come on man.

Its fine if it they use stuff thats still in development or something their nation doesn't actually use, like Mira using a Kriss Vector. But using a rifle with a thumbhole stock? It makes no practical sense. Meanwhile Poland has the latest and greatest rifle in terms of arms development, but they don't use it on either Polish operator.

18. Post #3178
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    23,004 Posts
    I can't believe you're all stuck on the mere presentation of the new ops instead of them adding more stupid stun shit to the game. Echo was fine imo because it was dependent on something that could be destroyed, something fragile, and he's a three armor so he can't be a roaming god with it. Ela's is categorically bad design though because it fucks with your sensitivity, and now they're going to add it to an attacker maybe? And possibly an Ash style break charge? That is something to be pissed about. I'm still trying to hold all my reservations here but first impressions are not great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #3179
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    29,223 Posts
    hot take i dont think elas stun is that bad and it's decently possible to train your gun where the spooky tumblr is hiding incase she runs out and tries to boop you

20. Post #3180
    I love 1911's and Ruger
    October 2015
    3,608 Posts
    hot take i dont think elas stun is that bad and it's decently possible to train your gun where the spooky tumblr is hiding incase she runs out and tries to boop you
    But then she outruns your nerfed sensitivity because shes sonic the hedgehog and you can't hit her because shes got the hitbox of a toothpick. Her stun grenade is a definitively bad game mechanic. Instant and dynamic placement tied with the bullshit effects. Its unacceptable in a game that tries to be a Esports platform.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

21. Post #3181
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,751 Posts
    Since they want to do 3 years worth of ops it was only a matter of time before they ran out of feasibly unique gadget ideas, I just didn't think it would happen so quickly. I mean half of Zoe's gadget is literally Ash's gadget ffs

22. Post #3182
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    23,004 Posts
    I dunno. There is still potential for an alternative reinforced wall buster, ladder op, a guy with reinforced flooring, a global trap marker, a booby trap for unenforced walls, a defensive sniper, maybe fire grenades, maybe something to do with hot breaching, maybe a defensive op with a placeable movement sensor ala seeing people walk around it like Pulse sees. I'm just spit balling here but some of those sound less awful than the rest and some are just niche.

23. Post #3183
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,751 Posts
    Give em that long breaching charge + flashbang stick.
    That'll show 'em.

24. Post #3184
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    2,119 Posts
    Yea but at least its within the realm of possibility and makes sense. Spanish specfor using generic ARs is cool, but a Polish operator using a bog standard AKM with a US 1994 Assault Weapons Ban era thumbhole stock? Come on man.
    What about Tachanka using an ancient pre-WW2 machine gun? Siege doesn't give a fuck about practical sense. It's all about that art direction
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #3185
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,011 Posts
    I miss this game when it had the original operators. It feels like TF2 all over again...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #3186
    I love 1911's and Ruger
    October 2015
    3,608 Posts
    What about Tachanka using an ancient pre-WW2 machine gun? Siege doesn't give a fuck about practical sense. It's all about that art direction
    DP28s are still in use all over the place and I wouldn't be surprised if you told me someone in a Russian CTU still prefers a mag fed over a beltfed MG. Plus a DP28 doesnt have a fuckin thumbhole stock anf is still a practical weapon. M91/30s are still in use with some groups over there so I wouldnt mind Gaz getting one of those either.

Sure, the game is very focused on its silly art direction but all the weapons up to this point have made practical sense. But no group that intends to see combat would ever give one of their guys a rifle with a thumbhole stock. The only way the devs found that is if they found a magazine from 20 years ago or went to a gunstore in New York
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #3187
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    2,574 Posts
    Jeez dude you really don't like that stock do you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #3188
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    21,600 Posts
    Even reworking other characters into new ones isnít that difficult, yet they keep basically making the same type over and over again, why not like an offense Valk who has a fiber optic camera that lets them peek or look through small holes while being unprotected, or a character that can throw what is essentially a top secret tarp over damaged walls or windows so attacking people canít see through. Why not make a character with something that turns a doorway into a breakout firing port?

29. Post #3189
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    2,574 Posts
    why not like an offense Valk who has a fiber optic camera that lets them peek or look through small holes while being unprotected
    That sounds like a drone

a character that can throw what is essentially a top secret tarp over damaged walls or windows so attacking people canít see through
    I'm not sure how this is different from barricades, except the wall thing

Why not make a character with something that turns a doorway into a breakout firing port?
    So a better Castle?

30. Post #3190
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,234 Posts
    I wish polish ""season"" didn't happen at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Vivaldi Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #3191
    "Sounds like something Stiffy would say."
    May 2011
    5,650 Posts
    In his bio it says tachanka prefers the older weapons as they're more reliable iirc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #3192
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    6,135 Posts
    image of the south korean defender from ubi's facebook page. popular theory is that he's invisible to drones or something. looks neat either way.

33. Post #3193
    January 2008
    13,277 Posts
    ballistic mask? now that's sweet, although it makes me wonder - isn't that the taiwanese spec ops thing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #3194
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    21,600 Posts
    That sounds like a drone

I'm not sure how this is different from barricades, except the wall thing

So a better Castle?
    ...Yes. To all of these.

It's better than getting "Stun" three times in a row. Like to the point where it genuinely feels like they forgot about all these stun operator concepts and decided to make all of them. In a row.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #3195
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    6,135 Posts

zofia teaser animation thingy. also white noise will go up on the tts on monday november 20th just like blood orchid, proper release the tuesday after probably.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #3196
    I love 1911's and Ruger
    October 2015
    3,608 Posts
    Jeez dude you really don't like that stock do you
    It just doesn't make any practical sense. If you've ever used a rifle with a thumbhole stock, youd realize how stupid it is.

37. Post #3197
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    2,279 Posts
    It just doesn't make any practical sense. If you've ever used a rifle with a thumbhole stock, youd realize how stupid it is.
    It looks cool tho

38. Post #3198
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,676 Posts
    I was hoping the second Polish operator would have an FB Beryl rifle.

39. Post #3199
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    24,861 Posts

zofia teaser animation thingy. also white noise will go up on the tts on monday november 20th just like blood orchid, proper release the tuesday after probably.
    Would be nice if these made it into the game as proper operator videos.

40. Post #3200
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    379 Posts
    I was hoping the second Polish operator would have an FB Beryl rifle.
    She does, just in 7.62x39