1. Post #1161
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,117 Posts
    Are there any mods that add something like movement momentum or some such to New Vegas? So it feels less like you're some stoic piece of wood shifting around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1162
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,894 Posts
    Wondering if I should wait for TTW v3 before doing that pyromania run...
    Been thinking about trying TTW, what's v3 worth waiting for?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Belgium Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

3. Post #1163
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,684 Posts
    The companion itself is really good and has a lot of content, but the voice actor is a little jarring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #1164
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    18,873 Posts
    not as good as willow but pretty solid. it doesn't use the vanilla companion system at all so it's got that going for it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #1165
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,958 Posts
    Been thinking about trying TTW, what's v3 worth waiting for?
    massive list of improvements including a working rock-it launcher
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

6. Post #1166
    October 2014
    1,898 Posts
    I like full auto weapons because they actually make the combat feel difficult

7. Post #1167
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    18,873 Posts
    I dont like full auto because I play on hardcore with a mod that makes finding the right type of ammo for your gun very difficult

8. Post #1168
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,902 Posts
    Are there any mods that add something like movement momentum or some such to New Vegas? So it feels less like you're some stoic piece of wood shifting around.
    You should ask Altimor, in the past he released a NVSE plugin for movement momentum, but the old link is down. Dunno if i have the original file stored somewhere.

9. Post #1169
    werewolf and flames are cool guys
    December 2011
    6,749 Posts
    So I'm thinking to play F:NV again and what are some of the weapon mods that are worth checking out?

10. Post #1170
    October 2014
    1,898 Posts
    Are any of the workshop DLC's worth buying?

11. Post #1171
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,857 Posts
    Are any of the workshop DLC's worth buying?
    Unless you're interested in settlement building, they're not really worth buying on their own. While there are items in them that benefit everyone, such as the fusion generator, radiation scrubber, and the companion tracker (to take an example from each one), the rest of the content will have little use if you've got anything more than a casual interest in settlement building.

I'm not sure if you're looking to get the season pass or not, but don't ignore it just because it contains the workshop DLCs. It's only a little bit more expensive to buy the season pass that it is to buy just Far Harbor and Nuka-World, and you'll also get Automatron, which could have some useful stuff in it for you.

It's worth getting them for mod compatibility too, seeing as mods like UFO4P and AWKCR require them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #1172
    October 2014
    1,898 Posts
    Unless you're interested in settlement building, they're not really worth buying on their own. While there are items in them that benefit everyone, such as the fusion generator, radiation scrubber, and the companion tracker (to take an example from each one), the rest of the content will have little use if you've got anything more than a casual interest in settlement building.

I'm not sure if you're looking to get the season pass or not, but don't ignore it just because it contains the workshop DLCs. It's only a little bit more expensive to buy the season pass that it is to buy just Far Harbor and Nuka-World, and you'll also get Automatron, which could have some useful stuff in it for you.

It's worth getting them for mod compatibility too, seeing as mods like UFO4P and AWKCR require them.
    Nah, I'm not getting season pass, I already have far harbor (didn't really like it) and I had like 3 bucks lying around and was wondering if one of the three workshops was really good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #1173
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    34,626 Posts
    Cascadia mod is brining back the level up menu and skill system

https://www.reddit.com/r/FalloutCasc...ght_them_back/

They will be releasing it as a separate mod down the road.

Edited:

Also, confirmed that one of the Factions is Canadian, woop

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 30Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

14. Post #1174
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,857 Posts
    Nah, I'm not getting season pass, I already have far harbor (didn't really like it) and I had like 3 bucks lying around and was wondering if one of the three workshops was really good.
    Ah, alright. I'd probably recommend that you get Wasteland Workshop in that case, I think that one has the most useful stuff whether you're interested in building settlements or not. The Vault-Tec workshop is only useful if you want to build a vault, you really want the clean furniture, or the handful of useful objects you can use outside of the vaults. Contraptions does have some useful objects in it, but the rest of the content is either gimmicky or requires a lot of time and effort to do stuff with properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

15. Post #1175
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    8,063 Posts
    Cascadia mod is brining back the level up menu and skill system

https://www.reddit.com/r/FalloutCasc...ght_them_back/

They will be releasing it as a separate mod down the road.

Edited:

Also, confirmed that one of the Factions is Canadian, woop

I really hope this is good and well made.

If it is then I'll be reinstalling Fallout 4 for sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

16. Post #1176
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,684 Posts
    Vault tec is only one that actually adds quests and new areas for exploration, albeit a small amount. The rest just add settlement objects with no real context.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

17. Post #1177
    November 2014
    922 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Late Late x 17Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #1178
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    8,063 Posts
    Were you on any page but this one when you got an erection over that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #1179
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    489 Posts
    Were you on any page but this one when you got an erection over that?
    Heh.
    Maybe he just moved from one erection-inducing page... to another.

20. Post #1180
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    10,621 Posts
    Does anyone have a good list of weapons that appear on the level list? Seems like every weapon I get I need to add by the console or craft at a workbench added by another mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1181
    Still Not GLOD
    May 2013
    879 Posts
    asxas' mods all work with the leveled list pretty well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #1182
    May 2013
    6,437 Posts
    Does anyone have a good list of weapons that appear on the level list? Seems like every weapon I get I need to add by the console or craft at a workbench added by another mod.
    The two mods from Wasteland Melody are in leveled lists, and well balanced for it. Deadpool2099's mods, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #1183
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    583 Posts
    I have a good amount of base game shack walls missing from my building display and are also invisible when built. What might be causing this?

24. Post #1184
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,686 Posts
    http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15909/?

It's ok.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

25. Post #1185
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    11,303 Posts

Takes up like a quarter of the screen. Jesus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Late Late x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #1186
    May 2013
    6,437 Posts

wasn't that (mostly) fixed with the new animations
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #1187
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,686 Posts
    wasn't that (mostly) fixed with the new animations
    Yeah. It's still kind of big, but it's way more manageable. The latest see-through scopes has specific support for the gun now; It has a nice little cut down version of the scope without the rubber eye piece and still feels good, I'd recommend giving it a spin if you're having trouble with the form factor.

28. Post #1188
    And remember : respect is everything.
    April 2009
    1,947 Posts

This makes me realize how picky I am when it comes to viewmodels. A lot of the weapon mods on the nexus have absolutely awful viewmodel positioning, either being too close and covering half the screen, or being way too far, making me feel I'm playing as Mr. Fantstic with a FOV set to 200. This is such a deal breaker to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox France Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #1189
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    932 Posts
    Man, half of my deaths so far with just 12 hours of playtime have been from frag mines or other explosive traps. I don't recall dying to them so much in 3 or NV.

Having a lot of fun with the game still, but people are pretty spot on about the lack of charm or depth the writing has compared to NV. Its easy to notice the improvement in gunplay, but I've been encountering far too many bullet spongy enemies early on. It shouldn't take me more than 10 shots to take down mutant dogs with my pipe rifle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1190
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    11,303 Posts
    It does seem like the traps have a shorter time to detonate. Same with grenades

31. Post #1191
    BIG TITLE
    November 2009
    11,038 Posts
    i was gonna say there was a skill that increases the fuse time of hostile mines but i forgot they ruined the skill system in fallout 4.

Edited:

i remember my first run as an explosives character in new vegas, walking up to the mines in primm and having them not detonate for like 3 seconds. and i want to do it in fallout 4 but i just hate starting the god damn game because of the dumb intro. in new vegas i was a crazy prospector who was immune to explosives and threw them at my feet to win fights. i can't just make up that character in fo4 because i'm either playing as a us veteran or his wife.

32. Post #1192