1. Post #1041
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    489 Posts
    No we just give her shit because we all collectively hate the coffee she makes.

Yes, it's real.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Zing Zing x 3 (list)

2. Post #1042
    July 2012
    2,161 Posts
    Dropping by to show off my probably way too ambitious mod project (Which just recently hit an one year milestone )

Hoping to show off more of the story, characters and quests soon now that the actual worldspace is getting closer and closer to completion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Estonia Show Events Winner Winner x 20Artistic Artistic x 3Friendly Friendly x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #1043
    November 2014
    922 Posts
    Kind of spoilers for a side quest of the frontier but I found this
    Can't wait to see whats next!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #1044
    Pax
    April 2012
    1,323 Posts
    Watching Many a True Nerd play Fallout 1 for the first time is both hilarious and depressing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

5. Post #1045
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,471 Posts
    Gotta say, a mod to make the commonwealth actually feel lived in would be nice.
    You find so many buildings that look like someone lives in them and nobody's home.
    Hell the outside of vault 81 looks like a shanty town for traders and the like yet its completely barren aside from the occasional 3 man trading caravan.
    Even diamond city feels a little bit empty at times, there just aren't enough NPC's around to really claim its the big center of Boston (though considering there is flat out no one anywhere else I guess it is the big center)

I understand that making settlements is a way to bring life into the world but fuck is it empty without them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

6. Post #1046
    BIG TITLE
    November 2009
    11,038 Posts
    Kind of spoilers for a side quest of the frontier but I found this
    Can't wait to see whats next!
    the differing quality of the voice acting recordings is super jarring. some of them sound like they were recorded in a booth with a high quality mic, other sound like some guy sitting in a bathroom talking into a laptop mic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #1047
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    489 Posts
    the differing quality of the voice acting recordings is super jarring.
    I thought it was pretty damn good for a mod, but I guess you already knew that.

Or not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1048
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    3,272 Posts
    Gotta say, a mod to make the commonwealth actually feel lived in would be nice.
    You find so many buildings that look like someone lives in them and nobody's home.
    Hell the outside of vault 81 looks like a shanty town for traders and the like yet its completely barren aside from the occasional 3 man trading caravan.
    Even diamond city feels a little bit empty at times, there just aren't enough NPC's around to really claim its the big center of Boston (though considering there is flat out no one anywhere else I guess it is the big center)

I understand that making settlements is a way to bring life into the world but fuck is it empty without them
    Diamond City Expansion definitely adds a lot, and while it obviously doesn't address other areas of the game, it makes DC how it should have been.

Mod added building highlighted in green

It's still being worked on, and last I checked there's not a shitton more NPCs, and some areas are still inaccessible, but it really seems like a ton of people live in Diamond City.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 18Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

9. Post #1049
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,958 Posts
    They're adding a red seats district.
    hooooboy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #1050
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    12,999 Posts
    Why is it so hard for bethesda to make a fucking city that isn't an 8 person piece of shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 44Funny Funny x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #1051
    And remember : respect is everything.
    April 2009
    1,947 Posts
    Why is it so hard for bethesda to make a fucking city that isn't an 8 person piece of shit
    Because they keep using a shitty engine that can't handle more than 10 NPCs in the same location.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome France Show Events Agree Agree x 20Zing Zing x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #1052
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    1,969 Posts
    Watching Many a True Nerd play Fallout 1 for the first time is both hilarious and depressing.
    Definitely my favorite YouTube dude. I'm very excited for his YOLO run for fallout 4... speaking of that, I hope he does challenge runs for fallout 1 in the future too

13. Post #1053
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    12,999 Posts
    fuck I hope this hasnt been posted here before
    http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8065/?

also im talking about the voices not the faces
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 13Disagree Disagree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #1054
    Certified Witch - Action Girl Department
    August 2010
    4,713 Posts
    I dunno why Beth doesnt just fill their cities with interiors and confine all the additional NPCs there. If the city streets in their engine can't handle tons of NPCs in them, then might as well pad it out inside the houses and shops inside another zone.

They actually do that sometimes across the various games they've made, but Diamond City and many locations in Fallout 4 are probably some of the worst examples of it. Probably because there's so few dedicated cities to begin with in Fallout 4, but still.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #1055
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    8,063 Posts

I don't get this kinda shit, I remember first hearing this kind of text to speech ages ago and it got boring and annoying extremely fast, I don't even ever recall finding it funny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Late Late x 1 (list)

16. Post #1056
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    19,737 Posts
    Having the worst time trying to install that Resurrection mod, I put it in the data folder, but NMM just says "Moving" forever

17. Post #1057
    October 2013
    759 Posts
    Having the worst time trying to install that Resurrection mod, I put it in the data folder, but NMM just says "Moving" forever
    NMM hates very large mods. All you can do is wait and it will eventually let you install it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #1058
    November 2011
    259 Posts
    http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24981/?

Courser Crusher is now out! Now you can get properly fucked up by Coursers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 19Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

19. Post #1059
    I make avatars and stuff!
    July 2009
    2,848 Posts
    Courser Crusher is now out! Now you can get properly fucked up by Coursers.
    but I already do...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

20. Post #1060
    Get off my rocks, you damn kids!
    January 2012
    1,605 Posts
    Decided that RedBubble was too rich for most people's blood, so I uploaded the Takahashi shirt to a site called TeePublic

Should only cost $20 now, I believe

Whoring myself out take 2
       also sorry to anyone who bought it the first time, I wish I'd known in advance how much RB was charging people   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 14Artistic Artistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #1061
    Killed postal with a fart once.
    December 2007
    15,531 Posts
    Have you seen how diamond city runs

Edited:

NMM hates very large mods. All you can do is wait and it will eventually let you install it.
    Meh, large mods just crash my NMM. I have to use other managers to install certain things

Edited:

Probably because there's so few dedicated cities to begin with in Fallout 4, but still.
    There's so fucking few that I actually genuinely came into this thread to ask if there was more than one during my first playthrough.

22. Post #1062
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    9,257 Posts
    I've run into a problem with NMM, where it tries to start F4SE and then takes me to the launcher instead of starting Fallout 4 immediately. When I start the game from the launcher, it just sends me straight back to the launcher. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Starting F4SE directly causes the same problem.

23. Post #1063
    I make avatars and stuff!
    July 2009
    2,848 Posts
    Decided that RedBubble was too rich for most people's blood, so I uploaded the Takahashi shirt to a site called TeePublic

Should only cost $20 now, I believe
    Really tempting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #1064
    WJS
    February 2016
    452 Posts
    I've run into a problem with NMM, where it tries to start F4SE and then takes me to the launcher instead of starting Fallout 4 immediately. When I start the game from the launcher, it just sends me straight back to the launcher. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Starting F4SE directly causes the same problem.
    i validated my game files and this problem was fixed

25. Post #1065
    November 2014
    922 Posts
    Also
    Holy crap this is good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 15Artistic Artistic x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1066
    August 2015
    1,918 Posts
    In case anyone was really wondering what the Shoddycast was doing:

They've got to WORK. ON. THE. MOVIE!   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #1067
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    15,314 Posts
    In case anyone was really wondering what the Shoddycast was doing:

They've got to WORK. ON. THE. MOVIE!   
    Storyteller movie?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #1068
    August 2015
    1,918 Posts
    Storyteller movie?
    Nope, Mariposa base.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

29. Post #1069
    December 2007
    15,531 Posts
    Holy crap this is good
    Imo this is by far the best thing to have come out of FO4, it actually managed to make me give a damn about the MQ, and not just the midway-through bit, but even Shaun and Nora.

Today, I learned I'd watch a FO4 movie.

Edited:

If only Bethesda'd spent just a teeny bit of time letting us get to know our SO and child, I might actually give a damn about them, but as far as I'm concerned with every new playthrough, they're just there for the plot. I mean for fuck's sake, even Firewatch does a better job and that's just with text and some multiple choice questions.

Like that video made me actually feel for Nate, rather than his desperate pleading when I'm opening Nora's chamber so I can get a ring to sell for some easy early game caps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #1070
    BIG TITLE
    November 2009
    11,038 Posts
    I thought it was pretty damn good for a mod, but I guess you already knew that.

Or not.
    i think the voice acting is quality work, just feels a bit tacky having the production quality of one characters lines differ vastly from another's in the same mod.

but i understand that finding voice actors to work for free for a mod isn't easy and you take what you get.

Edited:

i would totally dig a mod that rips out all of the characters and story from fallout 4 and replaces it with a better one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #1071
    Pax
    April 2012
    1,323 Posts
    Well, it feels like a post-apoc Vice City to me, which is my only really touchstone for Miami, so... good job that guy!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

32. Post #1072
    I love the sound of this, but it's gonna need references to both Jacket and Scarface, yeah?

33. Post #1073
    December 2007
    15,531 Posts
    I love the sound of this, but it's gonna need references to both Jacket and Scarface, yeah?
    Would be cool if they had a unique chainsaw in a bathroom somewhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #1074
    May 2015
    1,273 Posts
    We've already got a creepy bear's head, just need a few more to round out the collection

35. Post #1075
    November 2014
    922 Posts
    Would totally want a overhaul of making fallout a scary ass game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #1076
    May 2013
    6,437 Posts
    All Bethesda games need more quality horror (or at least spooky) mods
    They work really well for some reason

37. Post #1077

https://acapela-box.com/AcaBox/index.php

"Will from afar" btw is what you want to use to have this voice

38. Post #1078
    October 2012
    910 Posts
    I'm being really nitpicky but that date bothers me.

Did the student filmmakers go missing post-war?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1079
    May 2013
    6,437 Posts
    I'm being really nitpicky but that date bothers me.

Did the student filmmakers go missing post-war?
    It's just using audio from some movie trailer (Blair Witch, I assume) as a joke
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

40. Post #1080
    March 2013
    2,232 Posts
    All Bethesda games need more quality horror (or at least spooky) mods
    They work really well for some reason
    I would love an Afraid of Monsters horror mod for 4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)