1. Post #1
    March 2017
    6 Posts
    GEMU allows any player to play NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, and Sega Genesis game right in Garry's Mod!

This is a big step up from my previous emulator addons: GNES and GGBA because the emulator cores are powered by Nesbox Universal Emulator and the Adobe Flash NPAPI plugin. This allows emulation to run extremely fast and is more reliable than Javascript emulators.

Features:
    -Play almost any Nintendo Entertainment System, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, and Sega Genesis game
    -Full audio support, no off-sync issues like GNES or not working sometimes like GGBA
    -One window instead of two like in GNES and GGBA
    -Save and load states to keep your progress even after you exit Gmod
    -Local file support, no more Dropbox links
    -Easy to use interface

Workshop link to the addon

Here's a video to demonstrate the addon:

And some screenshots:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 13Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    TimeSplitters Rewind
    January 2014
    1,873 Posts
    This looks awesome. Is support for playing emulated games with other people possible?

3. Post #3
    March 2017
    6 Posts
    This looks awesome. Is support for playing emulated games with other people possible?
    Multiplayer is actually built in to the emulator but I've disabled it because of compatibility issues with Awesomium
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    TimeSplitters Rewind
    January 2014
    1,873 Posts
    Multiplayer is actually built in to the emulator but I've disabled it because of compatibility issues with Awesomium
    That really sucks.

Still an awesome addon though!

5. Post #5
    Dennab
    April 2017
    58 Posts
    awesomenium mom gay?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Noi
    Purrr ~
    Dennab
    February 2010
    2,097 Posts
    aw shit flash
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

7. Post #7
    April 2014
    186 Posts
    This is a really innovative idea for Garrysmod. Who knows, perhaps in the future there'll be HTML 5 emulators.

8. Post #8
    July 2005
    85 Posts
    Any reason why some games just fail miserably ingame in GEMU but work fine with the browser version of the emulator on the Nesbox site? I tried with Super Metroid, ingame and on the site, specifically. In GEMU as soon as you attempt to start a new game or leave the intro running for too long, it'll black screen. I also tried a few other SNES games and they also all died almost immediately in their intro sequences.

And yes, I tried without any addons active ingame aside from GEMU and still had the same thing happen.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,170 Posts
    I like how it works, just wished games worked better (Especially SNES ones)
    Goof Troop crashes during gameplay, Super Bomberman 5 crashes after save screen, Marble Madness gives a red screen.

10. Post #10
    March 2017
    6 Posts
    Any reason why some games just fail miserably ingame in GEMU but work fine with the browser version of the emulator on the Nesbox site? I tried with Super Metroid, ingame and on the site, specifically. In GEMU as soon as you attempt to start a new game or leave the intro running for too long, it'll black screen. I also tried a few other SNES games and they also all died almost immediately in their intro sequences.

And yes, I tried without any addons active ingame aside from GEMU and still had the same thing happen.
    I will definitely look into this. It could be because when you select a ROM, GMod reads the bytes and stores it in a string which can't go pass a certain length apparently in Lua and then sends the string to the browser through 1024(I think) character strings. So maybe GMod isn't sending these in the correct order or skipping some chunks. I will test that game and see.