1. Post #1
    April 2016
    178 Posts
    How do you decompile and then modify the content inside a dll file? As example the SLAM.exe and SLAM.dll
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Switzerland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    June 2010
    188 Posts
    open it with notepad.exe and write at the bottom what you want
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events Lua King Lua King x 9Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    i am resally durnbk
    December 2012
    3,129 Posts
    Unless it's a dll written with .NET you can't decompile it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    July 2013
    1,503 Posts
    Unless it's a dll written with .NET you can't decompile it.
    you can't decompile .net either, only reverse engineer... tools that reconstruct .net dlls are only so good because of the bytecode .net runs on and the fact most people leave symbols on

if you know anything about x86 bytecode/assembly and how c/c++ compilers create binaries you can use tools such as x64dbg or ida to statically analyze or runtime analyze it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    April 2016
    178 Posts
    Same for exe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Switzerland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    3,435 Posts
    What do you want to achieve, because it doesn't feel like you have any idea what are you getting into
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    -snip-
    March 2013
    17,434 Posts
    You can't decompile an exe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    March 2016
    107 Posts
    That is not where SLAM's model is located. Models are not in any exe or dll, look inside vpk (https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/VPK) which you can use a tool to extract the models you request.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    -snip-
    March 2013
    17,434 Posts
    That is not where SLAM's model is located. Models are not in any exe or dll, look inside vpk (https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/VPK) which you can use a tool to extract the models you request.
    I think he means the code.

10. Post #10

April 2014
    168 Posts
    Any competent developer would realise it's futile dude, you need the source. Even then, the compilation process will likely be too complicated..

11. Post #11
    April 2016
    178 Posts
    What do you want to achieve, because it doesn't feel like you have any idea what are you getting into
    The playable piano, I recently found a program that makes midi into a playable piano sheet. Then I found out you can play piano while using the console so I thought copy paste the sheet into the console and play, sadly it doesn't have enough space and only shows like 3 lines so I have to copy the other lines which is annoying.

So I tried to find a console command which this thread explains it more: https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1567370

Sadly the echo command doesn't help me either thats why I wanted to find something inside SLAM which is when you type exec slamlist or something like that it shows alot of lines and strings which shouldn't be possible.

12. Post #12
    -snip-
    March 2013
    17,434 Posts
    I mean, the source code for the SLAM is here but it doesn't contain what you want, nor am I sure what you're referring to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

13. Post #13
    April 2016
    178 Posts
    I mean, the source code for the SLAM is here but it doesn't contain what you want, nor am I sure what you're referring to.
    Sorry, but SLAM isn't a half life 2 weapon. I meant this: http://slam.flankers.net/

There are commands one is exec idk it shows all the songs in the console which contains over 30 strings as example maybe it does it like 30 times or something like that there is a new echo for each limit.

14. Post #14

June 2017
    12 Posts
    Sorry, but SLAM isn't a half life 2 weapon. I meant this: http://slam.flankers.net/

There are commands one is exec idk it shows all the songs in the console which contains over 30 strings as example maybe it does it like 30 times or something like that there is a new echo for each limit.
    It's opensource?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    I'm Better Than You
    August 2008
    7,535 Posts
    what a roller coaster of a thread, try being more specific with what you want next time

SLAM is a .NET program, so you can use ILSpy or dotPeek to open it and extract the source code in C#.

Edited:

It's opensource?
    also yeah what the fuck

https://github.com/SilentSys/SLAM
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    April 2016
    178 Posts
    what a roller coaster of a thread, try being more specific with what you want next time

SLAM is a .NET program, so you can use ILSpy or dotPeek to open it and extract the source code in C#.

Edited:

also yeah what the fuck

https://github.com/SilentSys/SLAM
    ye now where does it say like when you do exec list or something like that it puts the list in the console

Edited:

okay so what it does it this it takes items and puts echo infront of each item that means the .txt file gets a echo execute able file or something like that

17. Post #17
    December 2014
    330 Posts
    https://github.com/SilentSys/SLAM/bl.../Form1.vb#L388

exec runs .cfg files
    slam_tracklist.cfg is just a config that echos the tracks

18. Post #18
    April 2016
    178 Posts
    This code:

'slam_tracklist.cfg
    Using slam_tracklist_cfg As StreamWriter = New StreamWriter(GameCfgFolder & "slam_tracklist.cfg")
    slam_tracklist_cfg.WriteLine("echo ""You can select tracks either by typing a tag, or their track number.""")
    slam_tracklist_cfg.WriteLine("echo ""--------------------Tracks--------------------""")
    For Each Track In Game.tracks
    Dim index As String = Game.tracks.IndexOf(Track)
    If My.Settings.WriteTags Then
    slam_tracklist_cfg.WriteLine("echo ""{0}. {1} [{2}]""", index + 1, Track.name, "'" & String.Join("', '", Track.tags) & "'")
    Else
    slam_tracklist_cfg.WriteLine("echo ""{0}. {1}""", index + 1, Track.name)
    End If
    Next
    slam_tracklist_cfg.WriteLine("echo ""----------------------------------------------""")
    End Using
    Creates the slam_tracklist.cfg file yeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Switzerland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    April 2016
    178 Posts
    So what I could do is make a .txt file then rename it to .cfg open notepad and put echo infront of the lines

20. Post #20
    I'm Better Than You
    August 2008
    7,535 Posts
    what do you want to do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    1,593 Posts
    what do you want to do
    I might be completely wrong on this, but it actually sounds like all he wants to do is input a long string into the console?

Trying to read between the lines, but he mentions that the "exec slamlist" produces a large amount of text in the console, which is what he wants to do, and so wants to find the source of the command in order to do it himself?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    April 2016
    178 Posts
    I might be completely wrong on this, but it actually sounds like all he wants to do is input a long string into the console?

Trying to read between the lines, but he mentions that the "exec slamlist" produces a large amount of text in the console, which is what he wants to do, and so wants to find the source of the command in order to do it himself?
    actually I just need to make .cfg file with echo infront of it for each line this is how it works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Switzerland Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)