1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,498 Posts
    As far as I can see, every major newspaper is carrying the story on its front page tomorrow and calling it a terrorist attack, including the tabloids

The sole exception is the Daily Express, which sort of implies it by saying that it 'mirrored' the Westminster and London Bridge attacks, but doesn't actually come out and say it

haven't we learned not to put their faces on the front cover of the paper so it doesn't encourage people who want to be famous?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    31,831 Posts
    I don't understand how this is a terrorist attack?

I'm really confused because people are misconstruing terror/terrorist/political attack. None of this makes sense.

This man has not proven he wants to push a political agenda by force, he just wanted to murder, he had no cause.

You can't say he's pushing "whitism" or "nationalism" because he wasn't, I didn't hear about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,753 Posts
    I don't understand how this is a terrorist attack?

I'm really confused because people are misconstruing terror/terrorist/political attack. None of this makes sense.

This man has not proven he wants to push a political agenda by force, he just wanted to murder, he had no cause.

You can't say he's pushing "whitism" or "nationalism" because he wasn't, I didn't hear about it.
    it wasn't just some random murder though, he drove 150 miles to specifically target that mosque and the people inside it, because of their beliefs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    10,319 Posts
    it wasn't just some random murder though, he drove 150 miles to specifically target that mosque and the people inside it, because of their beliefs.
    That's generally called a hate crime, not a terrorist attack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    31,831 Posts
    he himself was not pushing an agenda.

that's not what I understand terrorism to be. you cannot make this one man in the same realm as the IRA or Hezbollah.
    for it to be terrorism, it must fill a proper criteria with a bigger political agenda.

The previous attacks, were made on behalf of the ISIS ideology that intends to clearly push a wide agenda. That is terrorism.

Edited:

I don't see why there is such a big deal about using the word "terrorism" or "terror attack" either. People get so funny about how it's worded and end up using the totally wrong words and call every murder a terrorist attack.

Edited:

and the consequence of using incorrect words will end up making the general public confused and on these forums banned.

it's beyond a joke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    2,871 Posts
    Saw someone post saying that "were fighting back".

As if this would accomplish anything but more retaliation.

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,588 Posts
    Saw someone post saying that "were fighting back".

As if this would accomplish anything but more retaliation.
    Not that I'm supporting that comment, but sitting back and lighting candles isn't accomplishing anything either. A solution is needed, that's what people want

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    6,044 Posts
    Not that I'm supporting that comment, but sitting back and lighting candles isn't accomplishing anything either. A solution is needed, that's what people want
    Well then lets do the opposite of what ISIS wants? They are committing these attacks to drive a wedge between all muslims and native europeans, so then more muslims will feel alienated and look for someone who will accept them.
    The solution is to make it clear that it's not muslims versus europeans but it actually is muslim extremists versus everyone else (muslim moderates included).

However two things stand in the way of this. You'd need christians willing to stand united with european muslims and you'd need european muslim communities and mosques to actively clear itself of any extremist elements which they understandably are afraid to do. And you'd need a media campaign about this, which in my opinion is long overdue.

Also, another thing standing in the way is the mentality that if you want to work with moderate muslims on a unified front against extremists, that is somehow blaming moderates and demanding apology for terrorism from them or something like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)