1. Post #1
    October 2015
    275 Posts
    GMOD Battlegrounds

Introduction:
    I've spent about 3 weeks developing this gamemode non stop.
    I've always been interested in creating a battleroyale-like gamemode.
    With Player Unknown Battlegrounds being so hot I decided it's probably a good time to host
    A list of ideas and features have been created and I'm currently going to be completing them as time goes on
    I've slammed in enough features to the point where I think it is now playable and fun.
    If you enjoy games like H1Z1 or PUBG you'll most likely enjoy this gamemode.

Features
    So far in this current build the gamemode currently provides:
    Drag n Drop Inventory
    Playzone which forces players to center point of sphere.
    Custom Weapon Hotbar
    Jumping from a fucking plane
    Parachuting
    Cars
    Compass for callouts
    Team Duos
    Team Spectating
    Unboxing Crate System
    Unlockable/Tradeable Attachments
    Unlockable/Tradeable Player Models
    Unlockable/Tradeable Parachutes
    Airdrops
    Wearable Armor/Weapons
    And much, much more!

Planned Features:
    Betting items/money on dead players
    Minigames for dead players
    Squad Parties, currently only support Duo
    Exclusive party voice chat
    Custom player models with unique clothing
    Level system which features rewards upon leveling up

Other Info:
    This gamemode is really important to me so seeing it prosper would be the best thing ever.
    I'm open to criticism however only constructive criticism.
    If you guys have any suggestions or just wanna say something nice feel free to go ahead.
    Cheers mates, this is my first gamemode, hope ya'll enjoy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 23 (list)

2. Post #2
    October 2012
    158 Posts
    Open source it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,219 Posts
    Open source it?
    Yeah best thing to do if you want it to prosper is let other servers come up, you'll get plenty of feedback/suggestions from more players
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 2 (list)

4. Post #4

January 2015
    80 Posts
    I was just about to throw up an AU server for this to find no link :~)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5

January 2014
    44 Posts
    Bro this gamemode I can tell would be a fucking blast to play. Just try to optimize it as much as possible and you got yourself a dedicated player. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6

March 2014
    51 Posts
    You should really put it on Github.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #7
    June 2016
    726 Posts
    My fps drop to 15 when playing on the server
    Im curious if the gamemode or something else is causing it
    (I normally have 60-80)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 New Opera Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    October 2015
    275 Posts
    My fps drop to 15 when playing on the server
    Im curious if the gamemode or something else is causing it
    (I normally have 60-80)
    The map itself is not fantastic, and there's a mass amount of entities on the ground at once. The entities get removed once they're x distance away from the playzone, so as time goes on the fps should improve. Once the core content is done, optimization and fixes will be on my to do list.

9. Post #9
    June 2016
    726 Posts
    The map itself is not fantastic, and there's a mass amount of entities on the ground at once. The entities get removed once they're x distance away from the playzone, so as time goes on the fps should improve. Once the core content is done, optimization and fixes will be on my to do list.
    That map is fine to me so i think it was the entities, many player, or just the gamemode core
    But it's still a great job, keep it up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 New Opera Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    August 2016
    67 Posts
    I just started coding a gamemode like this two days ago... You have to be kidding me, awesome job though!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    Noi
    Purrr ~
    Dennab
    February 2010
    2,106 Posts
    You shouldn't make it open source right now. It's better to have 32 players on one server, than have 10 servers with 2 players on each. You'll just get downrated in scoreboard list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #12

January 2014
    44 Posts
    Take the SantosRP pvs buffer and modify it, it should help with the FPS a lot, friend of mine used it and put it on a heavy DarkRP, ~120 fps constant with 40 players

13. Post #13
    Dennab
    January 2016
    676 Posts
    to be fair the subforum is called Gamemode and Addon ***RELEASES*** ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Useful Useful x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14

June 2017
    4 Posts
    Why would he open source it? That's how all good gamemodes get used to exploit players and get saturated with gmodstore addons. If you think it's a good gamemode, play it on his server which will have the most up to date content, rather than supporting an idiot server owner that lacks the motivation and vision and sees hosting it as a cash grab.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,205 Posts
    Take the SantosRP pvs buffer and modify it, it should help with the FPS a lot, friend of mine used it and put it on a heavy DarkRP, ~120 fps constant with 40 players
    pvs buffer? Care to elaborate?

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    13,949 Posts
    I just started coding a gamemode like this two days ago... You have to be kidding me, awesome job though!
    I was halfway done with it

Fuck you dan

JK this looks greats, happy to see the pubg craze is gonna hit gmod too   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

17. Post #17
    March 2013
    824 Posts

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2017
    154 Posts
    Damn, I had this in my mind to make but I don't have the skill to do it. Good job!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #19

April 2013
    3 Posts
    Why not sell it? i would buy it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Dumb Dumb x 3Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    June 2014
    1,679 Posts
    Why not sell it?
    Money isn't everything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Chrome Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member

April 2013
    49 Posts
    If you are interested in hosting it in Australia and see what everyone thinks there i can hook you up, got a i7-7700k dedi ;)

Love the work man, looks like it would be fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    September 2015
    62 Posts
    -Snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #23

July 2017
    1 Posts
    Sell it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13 (list)

24. Post #24
    Dennab
    January 2016
    676 Posts
    u can just make a BattlegroundsRP server :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

25. Post #25

February 2014
    54 Posts
    When release?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #26

August 2017
    3 Posts
    Open source? It would be great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #27

September 2017
    1 Posts
    Can you please open source it? i need it so much and it looks so gooooooood dude XD.

28. Post #28
    October 2016
    45 Posts
    Along with others here, I was also developing this but you seem to have beaten us all. Although you mentioned that 'Minigames for dead players' was in your planned features, I also had this in development but I had an idea for a lobby for where players could play chess, watch movies, spectate, listen to music & such. Also, a queuing system so dead players could opt out of the next match if necessary. I would recommend this as if you want to keep players your gonna need some serious entertainment for when they aren't playing (assuming the matches are long?)

29. Post #29
    September 2016
    310 Posts
    For players that are dead would be redirecting to ohter servers where match is starting or spectating alive players good way
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30

October 2017
    1 Posts
    GMOD Battlegrounds

Introduction:
    I've spent about 3 weeks developing this gamemode non stop.
    I've always been interested in creating a battleroyale-like gamemode.
    With Player Unknown Battlegrounds being so hot I decided it's probably a good time to host
    A list of ideas and features have been created and I'm currently going to be completing them as time goes on
    I've slammed in enough features to the point where I think it is now playable and fun.
    If you enjoy games like H1Z1 or PUBG you'll most likely enjoy this gamemode.

Features
    So far in this current build the gamemode currently provides:
    Drag n Drop Inventory
    Playzone which forces players to center point of sphere.
    Custom Weapon Hotbar
    Jumping from a fucking plane
    Parachuting
    Cars
    Compass for callouts
    Team Duos
    Team Spectating
    Unboxing Crate System
    Unlockable/Tradeable Attachments
    Unlockable/Tradeable Player Models
    Unlockable/Tradeable Parachutes
    Airdrops
    Wearable Armor/Weapons
    And much, much more!

Planned Features:
    Betting items/money on dead players
    Minigames for dead players
    Squad Parties, currently only support Duo
    Exclusive party voice chat
    Custom player models with unique clothing
    Level system which features rewards upon leveling up

Other Info:
    This gamemode is really important to me so seeing it prosper would be the best thing ever.
    I'm open to criticism however only constructive criticism.
    If you guys have any suggestions or just wanna say something nice feel free to go ahead.
    Cheers mates, this is my first gamemode, hope ya'll enjoy
    Any chance of a link to download this? I have a server that I now have nothing to do with and as I was scrolling through I saw this. Looks really good and would love to try it. Hopefully it will become a well know gamemode. Keep working hard friend!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    January 2013
    248 Posts
    why bother purchasing a game when you can recrate it on gmod?

32. Post #32

October 2016
    153 Posts
    why bother purchasing a game when you can recrate it on gmod?
    Because the recreation hits 60% completion and then, by Galactic law, development of it must cease.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

33. Post #33

October 2016
    3 Posts
    ip ?

34. Post #34
    April 2015
    173 Posts
    WTF, through those pictures, I thought it was the actual PUBG game... Is this a game mode I could use for my server do you think?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

35. Post #35

September 2017
    11 Posts
    Pretty cool gamemode dude.

36. Post #36
    Cub
    May 2016
    43 Posts
    I can't believe the amount of "Open source it" or "Sell it" comments already.

37. Post #37
    your lack of title is bothering me
    January 2013
    3,259 Posts
    I can't believe the amount of "Open source it" or "Sell it" comments already.
    Can you blame them? People see something neat and they want access to it.

38. Post #38
    August 2015
    90 Posts
    Can you blame them? People see something neat and they want access to it.
    Plus this is barely a "Game mode or Addon Release", its really just server advertisement
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Phone Edge United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39

September 2016
    54 Posts
    Plus this is barely a "Game mode or Addon Release", its really just server advertisement
    Considering this was posted on the 27th of June I highly doubt the OP's intentions was to advertise any servers.

40. Post #40

October 2017
    1 Posts
    How to download?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)