1. Post #4281
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    7,076 Posts
    EXT3 is old, pretty sure it can get a drivers license if it were a person.

It just help to exemplify how Google almost intentionally is sabotaging the usage of SD cards.

I'd have expected EXT4 as the bare minimum, Btrfs for those wanting cutting edge, and F2FS for the daredevils.
    The SD card standard is sabotaging SD cards

It is near impossible to understand for the common user and you can easily find a counterfeit or just plain slow card without even knowing.

UHS is a start, but support is incredibly iffy because it's not too prominently advertised Ito a lot of manufacturers don't include it in their readers. It would be a lot clearer to people if there were minimum standards for SD cards and readers and the naming convention was more like microSD x.0

No tech illiterate is gonna understand why they need a "Micro SDXC Class 10 UHS-III 150MB/s ft. Dante from the Devil May Cry Series", they're just gonna blame the phone for being slow and buy an iPhone next time instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #4282
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    5,713 Posts
    microsoft please, i just downloaded media creation toolkit, installed windows on it and for some damn reason it let me update it. However it wasn't the Fall Creators update

3. Post #4283
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    6,729 Posts
    I bought a UPS last night, 12 hours later I wake up to find theres no power in my town
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

4. Post #4284
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,659 Posts
    so i installed macosx on my pc... its weird

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #4285

Miqo'te Member

January 2011
    3,712 Posts
    1440p is so spacious.
    It was really nice to go from 1080p to 1440p, but now i feel like i could use an even higher resolution.

6. Post #4286

It is near impossible to understand for the common user and you can easily find a counterfeit or just plain slow card without even knowing.

UHS is a start, but support is incredibly iffy because it's not too prominently advertised Ito a lot of manufacturers don't include it in their readers. It would be a lot clearer to people if there were minimum standards for SD cards and readers and the naming convention was more like microSD x.0

No tech illiterate is gonna understand why they need a "Micro SDXC Class 10 UHS-III 150MB/s ft. Dante from the Devil May Cry Series", they're just gonna blame the phone for being slow and buy an iPhone next time instead.
    Don't forget V series.

With GH5 and wanting to shoot 4k all Intra. You are recommended a Class 10 U3 UHS 2 V90 card.

Which all it means is the minimum write speed never drops below 90MB/s

7. Post #4287
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    19,774 Posts

Sounds more like sleazy stores and manufacturers being to blame.

Doesn't excuse Google for fucking over tech literate people, what happened to the concept of it doing a pop-up that said "hey asstard, your SD-card is slow as shit" and link them to a place that lists all examples of good SD-cards, ideally combined with a list of reputable stores and chains selling those?

Honestly feels like they took the laziest way out instead of dealing with the problem professionally.